JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Welcome

Pastor Ralph

Hello everyone,

My name is Tom Kitchens. I am a 51 year old father of two - both in college. My wife and I have been married for almost 24 wonderful years. My wife, kids and I are members of Church of the Holy Apostles in Katy, TX (just outside Houston). I am finishing up my Master of Arts in Religion degree through Trinity School for Ministry in Ambridge, PA. I am excited about this study and looking forward to exchanging ideas with everyone in this forum.

Blessings,

Tom

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone,

My name is Tom Kitchens. I am a 51 year old father of two - both in college. My wife and I have been married for almost 24 wonderful years. My wife, kids and I are members of Church of the Holy Apostles in Katy, TX (just outside Houston). I am finishing up my Master of Arts in Religion degree through Trinity School for Ministry in Ambridge, PA. I am excited about this study and looking forward to exchanging ideas with everyone in this forum.

Blessings,

Tom

Hi Tom,

I had to reply because I am from Harmony Twp., PA. We have an Ambridge mailing address though. I know where the Trinity School for Ministry is. Do you actually attend there or do you do something on line? I attend school online through University of Phoenix. I am actually working on my Associates in Business and continuing on to get my Bachelors in either Psychology or Social Work. I work with people with opiate addictions. I have been a program manager for years and in order to become a director I need my Associates in Business. I have always wanted to be able to counsel also, so I decided since I am in school, I might as well keep going. I have been doing this for one year now. So far so good. It is hard now that I am older. I am married and work full time. I used to go to many Bible studies but now that I have school, it is hard to find the time. I think an online study will make it possible.

God Bless,

Tracy

Hi My name is Tracy, I am from Harmony Twp., PA. I am married and have a stepdaughter who is 27. I work full time with people with opiate addiction and have been doing so for the past 10 years. I attend school online through University of Phoenix. Due to having a busy schedule, I have not been able to attend any Bible studies at my church. I also had to give up teaching Sunday School which I loved to do. I think a study online will work perfect with my schedule. It is great to be able to sign in at any time during the day or night. That is what is great about online schooling. I look forward to studying with all of you.

God Bless,

Tracy

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I am Gail, a Lutheran Christian from Colorado. I was researching material for a children's discipleship series when I found the Joyful Heart Site. My husband and I serve our congregation on our discipleship and worship teams. I teach first grade at a Lutheran school and am enjoying Summer vacation. (That gives me time for Bible Study!) :P

• 6 months later...

My name is Lakeyshia Dickerson from Arkansas. I stumbled across this study and thought it would be great to get involved and learn more about the word of God. I am a Sunday school teacher and I desire to do a more excellent work for the Lord through my knowledge of him. I am certainly excited and looking forward to a fresh move of God upon all who are participating the study. I am married and have two kids (10, 7)

Lakeyshia :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone! I'm looking forward to being blessed by your answers! I'm a mid 40's married mom/full time RN who wanted to do something productive this year with my "Lenten sacrifice" - something more than giving up chocolate or caffeine. I had read somewhere several years ago that the purpose of this time of giving something up for the LORD was to use the time you would have spent on the activity in work for the LORD. Well, chocolate bar = about 2 mins, right? ;) My daily 'free time' consumers are more on the level of reading fiction (mostly Christian - have my favorite authors) and playing games on line... so I decided that this year, before I can do either activity, I will spend equal time doing Bible Study, meditating on His Sacrifice and prayer. I planned to use the book The Angels Were Silent for the final week of Lent, and was looking for something structured for the rest of Lent - and was blessed by finding the link to this site!!! I have been a BSF participant in the past, and am looking forward to the daily focus that this will afford! May the LORD lead us all to a closer, deeper relationship with HIM during this time.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm glad you've signed up for the Behold the Lamb of God study. Please tell us something about yourself.

I'm the director of the study, Ralph F. Wilson. I'm the Community Outreach Pastor at Sierra Christian Church in Loomis, California, and have been developing online Bible studies for the past six years.

I'm glad you've signed up for the Behold the Lamb of God study. Please tell us something about yourself.

I'm the director of the study, Ralph F. Wilson. I'm the Community Outreach Pastor at Sierra Christian Church in Loomis, California, and have been developing online Bible studies for the past six years.

I'm new to the Forum and looking forward to a rich time in the word over the next weeks til Easter. Blessings to you all in the Name Above All Names, Jesus. Gr14am

Greetings

My name is Heidi. This is really cool, as I've been hankering for an indepth Bible study for a few years. I attend a Four Square church, but I consider myself Anglican and am active in a liturgical/Protestant chapel service that is very small at this time. I also am a member of The Prayer Foundation, being a Novice Lay Monk of the order of the Knights of Prayer. One of the requirements of a monk in the order, is daily prayer and Bible study. Looks like I've found it! B)

This is going to be a time of growth and deep feeding. I'm looking forward to it! amen.

Hi everyone. My name is Susan and I live in Lavergne, Tn which is about 20 minutes from Nshville. I am a Nurse at Vanderbilt. I am Married with 5 grown children and 6 grandchildren. I'm a member of Providence UMC in Mount Juliet,TN. I am looking forward to this Bible study very much. I am looking for a deeper relationship with my Lord.

Hi Everyone, my name is Shauna "nana9848" and I am so excited to have found this Easter Bible Study. Have never done an online study before so am looking forward to it. I live in the Lowcountry of Bluffton, SC and attend LowCountry Community Church...am active in Ministry at my church, am a mother and grandmother (nana)although I live far from my family right now. Blessings to you all!

Hi. I'm Lisa and my husband Larry and I are new to this forum. We will be participating in the Lamb of God Bible Study as a Lenten growth experience. We have 2 grown children (a boy and a girl) and 2 grandchildren (a boy and a girl). We live in the Houston, TX area with our retired Greyhound, Howlie Berry. We are very excited about this opportunity to share and learn with all of you.

Hi! This is my first experience with Jesus Walk. I am looking forward to it. My name is Jessica. I have been married for a year. I have a wonderful husband who I love very much. We have a baby boy who is growing way to fast! We live in Houston, Texas. I am a respiratory therapist by profession, but right now I'm enjoying staying home with my son. I will never get this time back with him. I love to cook every type of cuisine. I love to paint still life, landscape and my own type of art :)

My name is Susan. I am a retired pastor. My husband (for 40 years!) and I have 5 children. It is very meaningful to me to participate in Lenten and Advent studies. I am mostly unable to get out of the house and need a Lenten study. I am looking forward to participate with all of you in this Lenten season!

God bless all of you!!!

Hello everyone! My name is Josette and I live with my husband, Jack, in the Pacific Northwest, about two hours north of Seattle. We are both on active duty in the Navy (I am originally from NE PA, he is from the FL panhandle) which is how we ended up so far from home! I have been a Christian for nearly 10 years, and have been looking for a good Lenten Bible study for the past 2 years. I feel very blessed to have found one! I look forward to studying and reflecting on the true meaning of Lent and Easter with all of you.

• 4 months later...

Good evening. I'm Gloria Sterling-McGill. I recently returned to the St. Louis, Missouri area after living and working in San Antonio, TX for 12 yeara. Right now I'm living with my son, daugther-in-law and grandson at this time. Served in ministry for 30+ years, most recently as an Executive Director of a faith based nonprofit organization in San Antonio. Currently not employed. Need to spend time renewing and refreshing while this new season unfolds.

• 6 months later...

Hello people, my name is Nicole, I'm a mature woman, but a lamb in Jesus (a lamb that often goes astray and needs rescuing which gives me a real love for Jesus). I'm doing two other Bible studies in my church which is a Mennonite church in Vancouver, BC Canada. Not sure how much time I'll be able to give to this 'Moses the Reluctant Leader' Bible Study but it sounds interesting and I'm hoping to be fully involved in it. Our pastor has used several Bible studies from JesusWalk for our small group and he shared the website with me after asking me to lead a couple of them.

I will be greatly interested in hearing the views and thoughts of the others in this group. God Bless!

Here's some great music that has meant a lot to me:

I love music and dance and will probably sharing a lot with you all.

Good morning Pastor Ralph, my name is Emmanuel married with four children and a lover of Jesus Christ. I attend Gateway International Christian church here in Alexandria Virginia. I am very happy to join the Bible studies that you're providing the Body of Christ worldwide and I do pray that this goes far to reach the uttermost parts of the world as the Master instructed.