JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Perseverance in the Journey

Perseverance is difficult in faith because as Christians we are bombarded daily with the enticements of the world. When we Christians are confronted with pressures of the world it is so easy to give up and become slack in our daily walk with Jesus, but we must continue to stay strong in the Lord by prayer and fasting and reading the word daily and keep the faith, knowing that we have a father whom we can go to and discuss and present our problems to.

Perseverance builds a Christian up to endure and it builds strength, stability and character in our daily walk with Jesus.

We can encourage and pray for our brother and sister by letting them known that their walk in Jesus is not along.

• 1 month later...

Q4. (Hebrews 10:35-36) Why is perseverance in faith hard sometimes?

Because of persecution and attacks from the enemy. I'm struggling today after a number of calls from friends who are in crisis. There is a spirit of heaviness. It's hard in the long, dreary places where there seems to be no change in painful circumstances.

Why is perseverance so important?

We need endurance to perform and fully accomplish the will of God and to receive the reward of what is promised.

How is Christian fellowship important in perseverance? (3:12-14)

We are to encourage one another and to pray for one another.

What can we do to encourage other Christians in this sometimes difficult journey?

Share how the Lord has sustained and brought us through hard places. Pray with them, love on them.

Because of persecution and attacks from the enemy. I'm struggling today after a number of calls from friends who are in crisis. There is a spirit of heaviness. It's hard in the long, dreary places where there seems to be no change in painful circumstances.

We need endurance to perform and fully accomplish the will of God and to receive the reward of what is promised.

We are to encourage one another and to pray for one another.

What can we do to encourage other Christians in this sometimes difficult journey?

Share how the Lord has sustained and brought us through hard places. Pray with them, love on them.

• 1 month later...

:rolleyes:

Q4. (Hebrews 10:35-36) Why is perseverance in faith hard sometimes? Why is perseverance so important? How is Christian fellowship important in perseverance? (3:12-14) What can we do to encourage other Christians in this sometimes difficult journey?

Because of the trials of life and attacks from Satan. Constant prayer and studying of God's Word is needed to keep up strong when attacks come.

We need to be strong to overcome the trials and frustrations of life. God will be with us and help us if we stay close to Him.

Encouragement from other Christians help us to focus on what's important. We all become weak and vulnerable and need to support each other.

Let them know we love them and that God loves them. Pray with them and for them and give encouragement. :P

• 6 months later...

Staying strong in our faith in God is sometimes difficult to do because of the hardships, trials, and sufferings of life. That is why we have to persevere in our faith and remember that we can do all things through Christ. It is He that strengthens us with his strength.

Perseverance is key to finish the race that God has set for us to run. It is a race of faith. It is important in order for us to receive all that God has for us. It is part of his plan for our lives; our physical and eternal lives.

Christian fellowship is important in persevering in order for us to encourage other Christians while we are encouraged also. It is a joint effort. God never meant for us to do it alone but with each other.

We, as brothers and sisters in Christ, should always strive to encourage other Christians in difficult times. Sometimes we tend to look the other way or make excuses for our lack of compassion for the problems of others, but this is what our faith in Christ is all about. We are the extended hands and feet of Jesus. We have to follow his example. He refused no one who cried out for help. We must do the same.

• 2 months later...

Q4. (Hebrews 10:35-36)

Why is perseverance in faith hard sometimes?

By perseverance I think we do not mean only living a certain kind of life that is always regarded as a good life; I think it means more

• 2 months later...
Q4. (Hebrews 10:35-36) Why is perseverance in faith hard sometimes? Why is perseverance so important? How is Christian fellowship important in perseverance? (3:12-14) What can we do to encourage other Christians in this sometimes difficult journey?

To stay strong to presevere in faith can be hard at times due to our weaknesses. You may not see the Lord working in you or around you, or your prayers may not be answered the way you hoped for, but that is why we must preservere, so we do not slip away from the Truth. All is done in Gods time and His way, we may not understand His ways or His timing, but He knows best. Our fellowship is important as we draw the strength from one another,we learn from each other, the love of Christ is even stronger in numbers. We help each thru all our times, good bad, sad happy what ever the case may be. We share with each other our journey and that often helps someone else. They get to see how Christ has worked or is working in your life. In fellowship we are a church, Christs Church. :rolleyes:

• 7 months later...

I believe that perseverance in faith is sometimes hard because while attempting to persevere we sometimes find ourselves drifting back and forth between trusting God and wanting to see the results. . .2 Corinthians 5:7 (NKJV) For we walk by faith, not by sight.

John 20:29 (NKJV) Jesus said to him, "Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

Perseverance has a way of developing Christlike qualities in our lives - making us stronger and wiser believers. . . Perseverance also rewards us with what God has promised and what we believe Him for. . .

Christian fellowship is important in perseverance in that we are able to encourage others and be encouraged ourselves to hold on in our walk with the Lord - unto the end. . .

Be supportive of them - pray for them and with them. . . Romans 15:1-7 (NKJV)

1 We then who are strong ought to bear with the scruples of the weak, and not to please ourselves.

2 Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, leading to edification.

3 For even Christ did not please Himself; but as it is written, "The reproaches of those who reproached You fell on Me."

4 For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope.

5 Now may the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus,

6 that you may with one mind and one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

7 Therefore receive one another, just as Christ also received us, to the glory of God.

B)B)

Perseverence is difficult. One needs encouragement to continue in this. Perseverence is important because one grows in their relationship with the Lord with perseverence. There is no growth when one is not continuing on. God wants His people to become holy and blameless and this develops from a growing and maturing process in the Lord. From the passage in Hebrews 3:12-13 shows; we need to be encouraged and encourage others toward Christ so that none will be hardend by sin's decietfulness-which is an unbelieving heart. This is why we must stay in fellowship with God and those who love Him so that we continue in knowing and obeying God and loving and serving one another.

• 2 months later...

Two reasons I believe it is difficult to persevere:

1) Life throws us curve balls that we did not realize were coming our way. When the problems seem too great, we sometimes focus on the problem instead of God and become undone by the situation.

2) We can also mess things up. Not necessarily because we're bad people, but we're human. We also feel that God isn't moving fast enough and we must "do something" to get us out of the problem, only causing more harm.

It seems like it's one thing after another. We say to ourselves, "I will never get out of this problem, this sin, this issue." And so we feel what's the point?

That is why God did not design this christian walk to be done in isolation. We need each other. We need to encourage as well as be encouraged. If left out there on our own, that leaves room for the enemy to come in and wreak havoc on our lives.

I think the best thing we can do is to be open and honest with one another about the problems and difficulties we have on this journey. Often our accountability partners have or are going through the same issues, and we can help one another. When we discuss what is going on with is, it frees us and allows God to come in and bring much needed change into our lives. :D

• 3 months later...

Answer;

1 Why is perseverance in faith hard sometimes? Why is perseverance so important?

Perseverance in Faith is sometimes hard,for we are just impatient.In this fast paced world,where everything is

• 2 months later...

Perseverance is very hard sometimes, and it is so important! God wants children who can stand when everything around them is falling apart. People will turn their backs on you-family, even! Some will critisize you because of what or how you believe. Some will want no part of you! The Bible says that we must suffer because Christ suffered, and if we want to be like Him, then we must suffer, too.

We can remind each other that God is with us, and that He will help us get through. Also, we need to remind each other of the future that we have to look forward to because of what Jesus went through for us. Our pea brains can not even comprehend the blessings that await us when we are finally with Jesus!

• 2 months later...

1) Perseverance in faith is hard sometimes because we let flesh get in the way. We don't want to go thru any trials and tribulation. We must keep our eye on the prize.

2) Perserverance is important because it show our faith is real. We need to endure to receive the reward that has been promised.

3) Christian fellowship is important in perserverance because we can encourage each other.

4) To encourage other Christians we can exhort them, pray for them, remind them of the wonderful reward at the end and show them love.

• 2 months later...

Perseverance in faith is hard sometimes because of the trials and the human pressure we have to face. Sometimes we get tired of the battle and want to give up. It is important because we have to run the race for the highest goal which is heaven. We have to keep believing and trusting in the Lord. Christian fellowship is important because of the uplifting and encouragement to one another. We can encouage other Christians by praying for them, loving them, lifting them up before the Lord, and letting them know thay are not on the journey alone.

• 7 months later...

Perseverance in faith is sometimes hard because we question why we have to suffer any wonder if God is there for us. It is important that we do persevere because our reward is tied to us finishing the race successfully. Fellowship is important because we can encourage and cultivate perseverance in each other by our own testimony and by encouraging each other to keep our focus on Jesus during our suffering. We can help prevent each other with having an unbelieving heart by talking about our mutual faith; encouraging each other with love and kindness.

• 1 year later...

Perseverance in faith is hard sometimes because there are all those temptations out there that get our attention. Then there are those who don’t like Christians because they are Christians and are always trying to shut them down. That is the reason that Christian fellowship is so important in perseverance. We can talk things over and see what the Bible has to say about such things.

One of the ways that we can encourage other Christians in the sometimes difficult journey is to share your testimony with them.

• 2 years later...

Perseverance in faith can sometimes be very hard. Today's problems and social pressures can cause us to lose hold of our faith and perseverance in it. It can be very hard to endure our faith, sometimes we feel God is nowhere around us or in us, Satan's lies and dark practices can be hard to endure.

We must preserve at all cost regardless of the circumstances, this perseverance helps build our faith and hope in the Lord.

As Christians we must encourage our fellow believers, this is what fellowship is all about.

To encourage, strengthen and pray for one another will kelp us to keep going in our love and faith in Christ.    

• 2 years later...

The motivation I use to stay focused  and to keep going and to hold on and not give up through trails and temptation and persecution is Jesus. When I read about his trial and beating and his crucifixtion, his walk with his cross up to calvary's hill, the physical pain he endured so that I might have the gift of eternal life,  nothing I go through compares to his suffering!  How can I complain of anything??? I like to remind others of this when I grumble and when they grumble about anything.  What makes us think that we are better than Him , not to have to go through suffering and pain?  It is a given that we will. But He has promised us a way to overcome and a reward when we achieve as long as we put our trust in him and call upon his name.  it is not our will but God's will that we are doing and he gives us everything we need to accomplish our goal.  he supplies our every need if we just call upon his name and keep the faith.  .I know our flesh is weak and we are so easily tempted, but so was Jesus.  That was why he came in the flesh to show us that it can be done and how to do it. Jesus prayed continually and never did anything without talking to His father.  Even in the garden he ask the cup to be passed from him but said not my will but thine be done.  His weak flesh and feeble mind was strengthened by the angels God sent to aid him.  I don't have the many scriptures I have read to prove this but I know that He said He would never leave us or forsake us.  I know you know them and have read them also. ( I am still praying that he will bring to my memory to be able to quote them off the top of my head) I'm not there yet!  working on it!!!). We are to gather together to pray and lift each other up, to encourage one another in the Lord.  That is how we are strengthen will we become weak and disillusioned.  We are to read and study the word together to help us in hard times. When you feel weak and you feel you can't go on just think of Jesus being beaten beyond recognition and the flesh being ripped from his body as they whipped him all night long and him stumbling with his cross up the hill and the nails being pounded in his feet and hands and Him hanging there on that cross all day and the spear being stuck in his side and his body shutting down from the weight!!!  And when we sin, we crucify  him all over again!  Nothing we go through compares to His suffering!!  You motivate to keep the faith????

Perseverance is hard sometimes because we are not fighting against flesh and blood but against evil spirits, the devil is  looking for the weak of us to turn us from God and follow him. We are flesh and blood and subject to fall short in our weakness if we are not careful.  We live in a world that is full of sin and we need to guard ourselves against it.  It is important to keep the faith if we want the promises of the Father that He has for those who are faithful. It is important to strengthen our faith by sharing our experiences and joining together in fellowship with each other to encourage and lift each other up. We should pray for each other and worship together because that bonds us and help make us stronger. That is what we are commanded to do. We should attend prayer meetings, and worship services, and any gathering of saints to learn more of what is expected in our faith and to build up the name of Jesus to draw closer to him.  We should encourage ourselves daily and each other when possible in the Lord.

• 2 years later...

I believe perseverance in the faith is hard because we go trials and temptations that test our faith and put us to the test to see if we will be able to handle them and also when our faith is tested we go to the Father for guidance and direction instead of others that aren't able to see us through. It is important because when we finally see the Lord we will be rewarded for our faith in HIm because when we choose to endure temptation we will receive the crown of life like James 1:12 says. We can learn to ask them what their current struggle is and how we can be of assistance to them in any way. 

• 5 months later...
On 4/18/2007 at 5:17 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Temptation, discouragement, opposition from the world, Satan, others, and our flesh. It glorifies God, establishes His Lordship over the world, Satan, our sin. Shows how He is able to strengthen us to the end. We need encouragement and correction we only receive in fellowship. We also need to obey God and love others by sharing our gifts with the body of Christ.

Pray for them and walk alongside them in their difficulties.