JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. The Vision of Faith

• 5 months later...

Q3. (Hebrews 11:23-28) How did Moses' faith affect his willingness to suffer?

He preferred to share the oppression and suffer the hardships and bear the shame of the people of God rather than to have the fleeting enjoyment of a sinful life lived as the son of royalty.

What kind of vision did faith create for Moses?

The vision of looking forward to the reward or recompense and away from bearing the shame borne for Christ, the Messiah Who was to come, as greater wealth than all the treasures of Egypt. By faith he left Egypt behind, undismayed by the wrath of the king, as he held staunchly to his purpose and endured steadfastly as one who gazed on Him Who is invisible. He carried out the Passover and the sprinkling of the blood on the doorposts, so that the destroyer of the firstborn might not touch those of the children of Israel, then led the people out of bondage,across the Red Sea to freedom, pursued by the angry Egyptians.

What kind of vision does faith create for us?

My vision is the same...I look forward to the recompense of my Lord, and toward the promises He's given me, which enables me to bear the shame and persecution of those who don't know Him, nor understand one who does and loves Him inspite of the injustices done. It enables me to obey Him and to keep trusting and following Him as He moves me toward my destiny. It has led me to seek deliverance from the bondages which held me captive, and to pray and stand in the gap for my loved ones and others who are still held captive, until they are set free.

• 1 month later...

Q3. (Hebrews 11:23-28) How did Moses' faith affect his willingness to suffer? What kind of vision did faith create for Moses? What kind of vision does faith create for us?

Moses had a vision of leading the people of God out of bondage. He carried out the sprinkling of the blood on the doorposts so that the children of Israel would be passed over and all of God's people crossed the Red Sea to freedom from bondage of the Egyptians. Moses was willing to suffer because of this vision. Faith also creates for us a vision of eternal life with God knowing that the trials of this world are only temporary. :o

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Q3. (Hebrews 11:23-28)

How did Moses' faith affect his willingness to suffer?

What kind of vision did faith create for Moses?

What kind of vision does faith create for us?

Yes, he turned his back on the treasures of Egypt; being the adopted son of Pharaoh's daughter, he was assured of a place in the social elite. But he made his choice; he renounced the pleasures of Egypt and associated himself with the suffering people of God. It was his faith that enabled him to see that the fabulous treasure houses of Egypt were worthless in the light of eternity. So he chose to suffer the same kind of reproach as the Messiah would later suffer. Loyalty to God and love for His people were valued by him more that the combined wealth of Egypt. Just as we should; he kept his eyes on

• 2 months later...
Q3. (Hebrews 11:23-28) How did Moses' faith affect his willingness to suffer? What kind of vision did faith create for Moses? What kind of vision does faith create for us?

His faith took him to that place in his life where giving up all the worldly pleasures and power was ok, he was fine and to suffer I do not think it entered his mind. He was chosen by God before he was born, so the calling was in him, he just had to answer and that he did. I believe that it was an un stopable vision, that God is all powerful and all is His ,and all would be done as the Lord told it. The strength of Mose faith was not touchable by man, nothing feared him but God Himself. The vision my faith has created for me is a strong wall around me, Christ on every side the Holy spirit with in me and the Father in heaven waiting for me. I believe all can reached and done thru prayer which takes faith if that is the Lords will. I like to believe my faith is not breakable but I realize that it takes a lot of work to keep it strong, reading scriptures, praying, quite time with God fellowship with other Christians keeping the Lord involved in my life daily. If not for Jesus then these men were definently men to look up to, to follow to admire. :rolleyes:

• 7 months later...

It takes a genuine faith in God to stand up against and oppose the world, its system and temptations. . . Moses had ot have a love for God and a confident trust in God (strong and active faith) that he would defend those who were in the family of God. . . He had to see God as One who would defend and provide for him. . .

For us it has to be the same - we must not only see God as One who will protect and prvide for us - WE MUST KNOW HIM AS SUCH. . . Knowing Him as such gives us the courage to step out on His Word without any apprehension or fear. . .

Joshua 1:7-9 (NKJV)

7 Only be strong and very courageous, that you may observe to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may prosper wherever you go.

8 This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.

9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."

Romans 4:16-21 (NKJV)

16 Therefore it is of faith that it might be according to grace, so that the promise might be sure to all the seed, not only to those who are of the law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all

17 (as it is written, "I have made you a father of many nations") in the presence of Him whom he believed--God, who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did;

18 who, contrary to hope, in hope believed, so that he became the father of many nations, according to what was spoken, "So shall your descendants be."

19 And not being weak in faith, he did not consider his own body, already dead (since he was about a hundred years old), and the deadness of Sarah's womb.

20 He did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God,

21 and being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform. B)

B)

• 2 months later...

Moses was able to look beyond his present state into a future filled with the promises of God. He did not settle into what he saw. He did not give in to his emotions or the culture of the day. Even though this is old testament, it brings to mind Romans 8:18 - "I consider that our present suffereings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us." Moses understood his position, his duty and the purpose God has for his life. I believe he wanted to do what was right in sight of God in order to receive his true inheritance and future glory.

Same idea for us.

• 3 months later...

Answer:

1 How did Moses' faith affect his willingness to suffer?

Moses forsake the life of ,comfort being the adopted son of the Princess, to be known as the son of Pharaoh's daughter,and choose to live ordinarily together with His people.

His Faith, has enable him to see the final reward that God has promised tpo those who will prevail

• 2 months later...

Moses looked beyond the comfort and priviledge that he would have been entitiled to, and chose, rather, to keep his eyes focused on the promise and hope of a better country. He chose to stay connected to his own people and his own heritage! Glory to God! You can seek money, and popularity, and all that those things bring. Give me Jesus! I choose Jesus! I don't need no stinking mansion on earth! I'm going to a mansion built by God! I got to go shout! Bye!

• 2 months later...

1) Moses faith affected his willingness to suffer because he chose not be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter but to suffer afflication with the people of God.

2) The vision that faith created for Moses was he must be true to his own people. He gave up the luxuries he had and did not fear the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.

3) The vision that faith creates for us is that sometimes we must give up the comforts of life and know that temporary benefits are only temporary. We are able to see the eternal benefits of God's Kingdom.

• 1 month later...

Moses chose to suffer with his people because he chose to share the oppression of God's people. He knew there were better things in store for God's people. He identified with suffering. Moses' vision was he knew that God would deliver them by his heand. Moses' faith was such that he responded to God's commands as though God was standing visibly before Him. Faith for us has the same vision that Moses and the others had. We have to use our faith the way Moses did. We have the same God and Holy Spirit, He has not changed.

• 7 months later...

First, Moses’ parents had faith enough to hide and trust God to protect him when he was a baby. Moses chose to suffer with his people rather than the comfortable lifestyle of being in Pharaoh’s house. He (like Abraham) had a vision of something much better, more eternal, than what he physically saw. He had faith in things not seen and trusted God. Faith creates for us a vision that looks beyond worldly things and sees the eternal values of the Kingdom of God.

• 1 year later...

Moses’ faith affected his willingness to suffer when he challenged the guard that was beating up on a fellow Jew and killed the guard. If he wouldn’t have stuck up for his fellow Jew he could have lived in luxury the rest of his life.

The faith that created for Moses is after God called him back from tending the sheep gave him a vision of freeing all his fellow men. I know that I can do all things through Jesus Christ my savior.

• 2 years later...

In Hebrews 11:23-28 Moses faith affected his willingness to suffer with his people, because he refused to be associated with Pharaoh and the riches of the pleasures of sin. He would rather be disgraced than have the treasures of Egypt, he would suffer as his country men suffered.

Faith created in Moses a future reward, he saw Him (God) who is invisible but yet believed in Him.

Because of Christ death and resurrection, faith has created in us a hope, looking forward to our eternal life with God.  

• 2 years later...

Moses was raised as an Egyptian, but is was always God's plan to use him as the deliverer of his people. Moses was filled with compassion for a people who were oppressed and upon finding out that his true heritage was the same as theirs he followed the path that God laid out for him.  Blind faith, but faith, Moses followed, not knowing where it lead, just knowing that he was compelled to follow.  He believed in what he felt so much so that he embraced the suffering with his people, knowing that there was a bigger and better plan even if he could not see it and did not know where or how it would be accomplished. The vision that faith created for Moses  must have been better than what he had even in the difficult times because he choose to follow it and it paid off!  Faith for us provides the same vision and the examples left for us are the proof. The vision that faith creates for us is an eternal life with God the father.

• 2 years later...

He chose to forsake his upbringing as a prince for the affliction of his own people that he seen by the Egyptians. He chose to say no to pleasure and sin and yes to the Lord since He saw the reward. He chose to forsake Egypt because he had no fear of Pharaoh but instead chose to obey God and keep the Passover. He passed through the Red Sea with His People to dry land while Pharaoh was swallowed up. The vision we have from faith is one of heaven. 

• 5 months later...
On 4/18/2007 at 5:25 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

He was willing to suffer in this life because the eternal rewards of being in God's family forever in heaven, far outweigh suffering on this life

To live in obedience in this life, looking to our reward, even if we must suffer in order to obey.