JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Psalm 63

Why is recognition that God loves you the basis of all faith? What does this realization bring about in your life?

Everything that has ever been built started with that first stone, that first brick, that first board. If that first piece of the structure was weak, everything added to it was in danger of collapse. The first stone in our relationship with God is "That God so loved the world....." If our belief, our faith, in that first stone isn't sound and strong, no other element of our relationship with God is safe from caving in. There are days I wonder, days I doubt, but no matter my days of weakness, I trust that what God says is Truth and God says He loves me. Hard as it is to comprehend or accept, I will take Him at his word.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would I want to go on if I didn't think anyone loved me? Knowing God loves me and even sent His son for me causes me to want to live for him 24/7 to 'repay' him. Although repaying him is not anything we can do. But, living for him does glorify him.

Being what God wants me to be is my hearts desire.

• 3 weeks later...

Recognition that God loves us is the basis of all faith. For God so loved the world that he gave...; God's love result in giving, giving provisions (meeting our needs), providing protection, providing salvation etc.

Thus any time we are in need or in trouble, remembering that God loves us and will meet us at the point of our needs should motivate us to have faith in Him. Paul & Silas knew God's love and thus had the boldness to burst into songs of praise when they were in prison. They knew He woud deliver them and He did.

In my life, when ever I face difficult moments, I will remember how he had delivered me in the past from difficult situations, and my faith will be rekindled.

Q3. (Psalm 63) Why is recognition that God loves you the basis of all faith? What does this realization bring about in your life?

If you don't belive that he loves you how can you have the faith to know that he is there.

From reading what I just read I now know why I find it so hard to hear and connect with God, I am being to passive, I now know that I need to seek him with all my heart. Thank you for showing me what has been missing.

• 4 weeks later...

Great question, I can't wait to read others responses.

We are saved by faith, or belief in God and his love for us through Jesus Christ. From this and the grace of God, we are saved.

It is a wonderful comfort to know that God will love me no matter how I am feeling about myself. Calling God the Father helps me understand the completeness of this love, but that wasn't true for me until I became a mother.

The realization of this love from God is a relief. I don't have to be who I am not, I have to be who God made me to be. I don't have to worry about my differences, or what anyone else thinks of me. The most important thing in my life is that God loves me and always will.

If I do something wrong, God doesn't stop loving me. I repent, he forgives me, and I grow in Christ through my errors. I just continue to follow Jesus' path.

This realization brings security to me.

Q3. (Psalm 63) Why is recognition that God loves you the basis of all faith? What does this realization bring about in your life?

Love will cover a multitude of sins. I understand the war in Paul's spirit he describes in Romans 7:14b-25. It reads in the Message Bible translation, "I've spent a long time in sin's prison. What I don't understand about myself is that I decide one way, but then I act another, doing things I absolutely despise. So if I can't be trusted to figure out what is best for myself and then do it, it becomes obvious that God's command is necessary. But I need something more! For if I know the law but still can't keep it, and if the power of sin within me keeps sabotaging my best intentions, I obviously need help! I realize that I don't have what it takes. I can will it, but I can't do it. I decide to do good, but I don't really do it; I decide not to do bad, but then I do it anyway. My decisions, such as they are, don't result in actions. Something has gone wrong deep within me and gets the better of me every time. It happens so regularly that it's predictable. The moment I decide to do good, sin is there to trip me up. I truly delight in God's commands, but it's pretty obvious that not all of me joins in that delight. Parts of me covertly rebel, and just when I least expect it, they take charge. I've tried everything and nothing helps. I'm at the end of my rope. Is there no one who can do anything for me? Isn't that the real question? The answer, thank God, is that Jesus Christ can and does. He acted to set things right in this life of contradictions where I want to serve God with all my heart and mind, but am pulled by the influence of sin to do something totally different."

God gave freely in LOVE His only Son, to deliver me from sin's debt and provided me with life everlasting. God is Love and I witness His Love everyday!!!

• 2 months later...

QUOTE(Pastor Ralph @ Aug 19 2007, 06:49 AM)

The image of a loving God who gave His only begotten son to be crucified for our sins is the pillar of Christian faith. God loves me hence He died for me. Without love the Christian Faith becomes void.

This realisation brings about a sense of security and confidence that my God gave His life for me and that He loves me with an everlasting love.

Why is recognition that God loves you the basis of all faith?

Recognition of God's love will sustain you at all times. During times of trial, the assurance of God's abiding love will help us remain steadfast, believing and trusting in God for deliverance. We can never measure all that He has done for us. We cling to him in loving dependence, and have a conscious desire to ever be in communion with Him, knowing that His love, grace and mercy, keep and protects from dangers seen and unseen and this assurance creates in us a desire to press onto the mark of a higher calling.

What does this realization bring about in your life?

We will be able to have joy and peace in the midst of trial, because we can like the psalmist reflect on past trials and know that the God that delivered him in the past will never leave or forsake, so that we can continually offer up praises and thanksgiving because the lovingkindness of God is better than anything that life will give us. All of life is not to long to spend in thanking Him for His blessings, and our hands are continually lifted up to Him in praises and prayers for the fulfillment of those blessings.

In knowing that God loves us, we know that there is someone who cares, even when we feel no one else does. Because of this love we cling to God more by praising him, seeking him and loving him. Knowing God loves me helps me to love myself and others even when it doesn't seem possible.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I CANT SURVIVE WITHOUT GOD'S LOVE. MAN'S LOVE FAIL ME AT TIMES BUT THE LOVE OF CHRIST IS ETERNAL AND STEADY. HIS LOVE IS THE BASIS OF MY FAITH.WHEN I FOUND OUT HE LOVED ME SO MUCH, THAT I WAS SO VALUABLE TO HIM THAT HE SENT HIS SON TO DIE IN MY PLACE SO I COULD BE WITH HIM FOR ALL ETERNITY, IT MELTED THE HARDNESS IN MY SOUL AND HEART.HIS LOVE GIVES ME JOY, LIFTS MY SPIRIT AND HELPS ME CARRY ON WHEN I WOULD OTHERWISE GIVE UP.

FAITH WORKS BY LOVE, SO THEY WORK TOGETHER. HIS LOVE HELPS TO ACTIVATE MY FAITH TO BELIEVE EVEN IN THE MIDST OF ADVERSITIES AND PAIN. HIS LOVE CHANGED ME AND TAUGHT ME HOW TO LOVE THE UNLOVELY.HIS LOVE ALWAYS BRING ME HOPE . WHEN I ALMOST DIED TEN YEARS AGO AND HAD NO HOPE FROM THE DOCTORS, JESUS CHRIST GAVE ME BACK MY LIFE AND FILLED MY LIFE WITH HOPE AGAIN.I NEVER KNEW THIS LOVE UNTIL I GAVE MY LIFE TO CHRIST AS I LAY DYING MANY YEARS AGO.HIS LOVE IS THE BASIS OF MY FAITH. HIS LOVE NEVER FAILS...GLORY

• 4 weeks later...

As I aspire to be a leader in my spiritual walk, I am grateful to be a follower of the Christ. Christ guides me, supports and encourages me with divine wisdom along my journey. Whenever I am trying to improve some aspect of my life I seek the Truth as Jesus put it " I do not seek my own will but the will of him who sent me". Each new day is a gift from God.

I have faith in God that makes my day and paves my way. Let go and let God. pray, release all to God. The choices I make are opportunitiers for me to express my faith in God to bring about great wonders in my life. Difficult chalenges can bring about great blessings. I wake up each day with faith that God will be at my side directing my way. I remain open to His Presence. He loves us unconditionally. I give expression to the Christ qualities with in me that keep me on the right path. I am free.

• 2 weeks later...

Q3. (Psalm 63) Why is recognition that God loves you the basis of all faith? What does this realization bring about in your:

The poet finds the dry land in the wilderness of Judea. How much does this dry and weary land thirst for a shower from the skies! He compares himself to that land and sings: O God, my soul thirsts for you, and my body thirst for you!

Such intense devotion springs out of intense love. If you really love someone, you will greatly respect that person, and will look for opportunities to be with that person. You won

We a person realizes that God loves him, That person can withstand any circumstance that falls upon him or her. In the world there are many things that can attack the mind body and the spirit that can put you off track, but when you can fall back and realize that God loves you, then you can walk in the power that Christ has already given you and fulfill the purpose and plan he has for you life, and there is nothing out there that can stop you.

• 1 month later...

I believe that we are strangers and pilgrims in this life, constantly warring against our own alienation from God, and constantly searching for him. The realization that God loves us, if we allow him to, brings wonder and gratitude into my life, also peace and a passionate desire to return His love. If I accept God's love, and return it, my choices are clearer and my soul is at peace. The road I must travel is marked, and leads home to Him.

Good song about the subject linked below.

Sarah

• 4 weeks later...

Lesson 2; Question 3: (Psalm 63) Why is recognition that God loves you the basis of all faith? What does this realization bring about in your life?

I have to admit to having some reservations about the implied assumption that

I know that living in God's love makes my llife more interesting, more challenging, more meaningful, and more joyful. I am often accused of over-analyzing questions. I fear that I have done that in this case, I thought about not sharing this answer but then I feel that would be intellectually dishonest. So here goes.

Lesson 2; Question 3: (Psalm 63) Why is recognition that God loves you the basis of all faith? What does this realization bring about in your life?

I have to admit to having some reservations about the implied assumption that

• 3 weeks later...

YOU MUST FIRST BELIEVE IN HIM. THIS SHOWS YOUR FAITH. THE BIBLE TELLS US THAT HE BRINGS TO THE PAST WHAT WE BRING BEFORE HIM IN PRAYER. ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS ASK , SEEK, AND KNOCK, IT WILL BE GIVEN. FAITH BRINGS THIS TO PASS. UNDERSTANDING THAT GOD LOVES US BRING ABOUT PEACE AND JOY TO US, BECAUSE OF ALL HIS WORKS HE HAS ALREADY DONE. THE BIBLE SPEAKS OF HIS ACTIONS. WE SEE THE RESULTS MANIFESTED IN OUR PETITIONED DESIRES RECEIVED.

• 1 month later...

Because without faith its impossible to please God. Gods' love for us is unconditional. For though we were all sinners, Christ died for us.

This realization brings to me that God has loved me even before my own parents loved me. Even though I cannot be certain of the love that they might have had for me, I know for sure that my God, my Father, loved me, loves me now, and forever will love me. That even though I am not a perfect being, but He being perfect, loves the imperfect me. God is love...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Actually we can have faith in things that are not of God. For years I had faith in the new age and in other things that I thought would bring joy. When I first got saved I struggled to have faith - and for a long time had faith in faith. It wasn't until I began to know God that finally I could believe that God loved me, and then my faith in HIM grew. When we know God's love, and can see that is is a Father unlike any earthly father, we can trust in Him, knowing that He has our best . From belief to hope to faith. And as we have minor milestones of faith we can build on that. At one period it seemed you would need an electron microscope to measure the faith that I had, but over time that grew. God gave us a measure of faith, and as we begin to exercise that faith it grows stronger. Now, even in tough times, although I still hurt and wonder, I have acquired a trust in God that somehow He will see me through them. I also think that we can have faith in some areas and not others, and over time we increase the number of areas we have faith for.

I do know that God delivers us from our enemies and restores what satan meant for harm, but it took a long time to be able to look back and see exactly where he was at the time of my greatest distress. Sometimes He does not reveal it, sometimes we are not ready to hear it. But as we grow in faith in Him, more becomes clearer. I have lived a long life without faith in God, and a few years with faith in God. Trust me, faith in God is much better.

Heather

• 2 months later...

Q3. (Psalm 63) Why is recognition that God loves you the basis of all faith? If we were not able to recognize that God love us, then we would have no reason to believe his Word. It is through love that I seek God. I was once acquainted with someone that saw God as this horrible monster that wanted to kill all of us, he had fear of the Lord, but not the love that I felt for the Lord. When I tried to explain to him how much God loves us, he just kind of brushed me off. I love God and that love has kept me believing and seeking Him.

What does this realization bring about in your life? I have had to realize that no matter what I do, God is still there for me. God does not turn his back on us, we turn our back on him. It has made me realize that I want to be closer to God, know his Word and defend his Word whenever it becomes necessary. I never want to be without him again and I have promised God that I will not turn my back on Him again no matter what is happening in my life. I have also learned that God has a perfect plan for my life and I have to have the Faith to let Him give that life to me.

Thank you,

Love Jesus

• 1 month later...

My words in reporting back to the group seem meager at best. My spiritual training didn't come from some great organized center of learning so I do appreciate all the comments posted here by so many fellow Christians. My primary instruction was on the streets of the inner city of Detroit (a.k.a. The Murder Capital of the World). Those were interesting times. many there were earnest seekers and more open than most to the words of truth. His power and strength in any circumstance was the rock we all clung to in those days. The rock we still cling to if we are smart. His enduring love was what sent us there and His enduring love is what the people needed to hear. By seeking His face before and during those times was how we were able to suceed in His name.

My words in reporting back to the group seem meager at best. My spiritual training didn't come from some great organized center of learning so I do appreciate all the comments posted here by so many fellow Christians. My primary instruction was on the streets of the inner city of Detroit (a.k.a. The Murder Capital of the World). Those were interesting times. many there were earnest seekers and more open than most to the words of truth. His power and strength in any circumstance was the rock we all cling to. The rock we still cling to if we are smart. His enduring love was what sends us into places like that with His enduring love. That is what the people need to hear. By seeking His face before and during those times is how we were able to suceed in His name. Praise His Blessed Name.