JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Psalm 98

This Psalm is about praising God for saving the Jewish people, just as he saved us through salvation, and his faithfulness and righteousness.

It is a joyful praise because the people had been set free from their bondage. God had shown his love and mercy to his people. The oppressors would be judged and those who loved and obeyed him would be blessed.

I think our praise in church and at home is pleasing to God. But when I think about it I always feel that I could or should have done more. God is so good. We could never praise him enough for all that he has done for us.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q3. (Psalm 98) What are the reasons given for praise in Psalm 98? Why do you think praise is so exuberant in this psalm? How exuberant is praise in your congregation, in your life? Why or why not is it exuberant?

The reasons given in this Psalm to Praise God is because of His Promises that that He will save us from the bondage of sin and that He will return again.

This was fulfilled when Jesus came to save all people from their sins, and He will come again to judge the world. God is both perfectly loving and perfectly just. He is merciful when He punishes, and He overlooks no sin when He Loves.

There are times in our congregation and my Life I Praise God, just because other people are doing. Or we just do it to impress others. We have to do it out of Love not to impress others, God sees all what we do in secret.

Q3. (Psalm 98) What are the reasons given for praise in Psalm 98? Why do you think praise is so exuberant in this psalm? How exuberant is praise in your congregation, in your life? Why or why not is it exuberant?

What are the reasons given for praise in Psalm 98?

* He is our salvation, our righteousness and our deliver.

* He is coming as a judge to free the world of evil and bringing righteousness

Why do you think praise is so exuberant in this psalm?

* To show the important's of it and to show how righteous He is and that He rules above all things and that He is coming in all His glory to bring all things under His submission

How exuberant is praise in your congregation, in your life?

* Very important! I have learned in this lesson already how it much be as in unity with one another and how important it is in my life. I have seen that had they looked to Him with a continual heart of praise and had remembered how He brought them out of the greatest captivity of their lives and out of the most powerfully kingdom on earth at that time, had they continued to trust Him, believe Him and praised Him for all they had seen and been through, had they done this they would have seen their promise land.

What a lesson to learn! Always say: " What a Mighty God we serve"

Why or why not is it exuberant?

* If we read this with the way the writer intended it to be read we will see why he continues to point out how important it is to exuberant all that he has.

Why:

* We must always give God the honor and glory He deserve

* We must never focus on where we've been, but where God is taking us

* We must see His hand as a loving and giving hand, not as a task master who strikes with a whip or a stone and crying why has our God done this to us when we have seen His hand defeat the most powerful enemies we have.

** We must always see the hands of God as good, loving and giving us the goodness of Himself as a Shepard and not a wolf.

Psalm 98 says that God is worthy of praise because He delivered Israel from their enemies. The Lord fought for His people. He remained faithful and showed them His love.

The praise is exuberant in this psalm because the psalmist is grateful that God led Israel in his faithfulness and that he continued to love them end show this love by fighting for them.

My praise to God is not really exuberant. When I'm in trouble and I pray for that, or when I pray for somebody and God answers my prayer and helps I forget how difficult the situation was and don't offer joyful praise :( Only sometimes it comes to my mind how great God has been to me and how He showed me His love.

I too often pay more attention to the sittuation I'm in and to how I feel than to God's word and the proofs of His faithfulness and love in my life :( I hope to change that.

The reasons for praise given in psalm 98 are the Lord's salvation, righteousness, and faithful love.

I think praise is so exuberant in psalm 98 because the Lord has made His salvation known.

In my own personal life, I don't think I praise the Lord as much as I should.

The reasons for praise given in this Psalm are because of the Lord's record of salvation and righteousness toward Israel, His faithful love toward Israel and His coming righteous judgment. These reasons for praise command exuberant

praise to the Lord. Exuberant praise in my congregation is above average, but could be far more exuberant.

In my congregation, those who are exuberant have a strong relationship with God. Those who don't have a strong relationship are barely making a joyful noise.

The reasons why we are to give the Lord God our praise from this Psalm are: because of His doing marvelous things in our lives, especially giving us His salvation; His making His salvation known as well as His revealed righteousness to (all of) the nations

The reasons given for praise in Psalm 98 are of God's love and salvation. Because of Him and His love and mercy we have unprecidented love and salvation. The exuberant praise in this psalm is how we should be praising in our lives every day - and comes from having a heart of worship for God.

God is really moving in our congregation at the moment. We are seeing people praise with exuberance and a passion and it is exciting. I believe this comes from a closer knowledge of God His Son and His Spirit.

1. The reasons given for praise in Ps 98 are that the Lord is our Salvation, Righteousness, faithful ,just & is coming again to judge the earth.

2. Praise is so exuberant in this psalm because it is a victory cry of deliverance & gratitude to the Great & Mighty ,Saviour God! The Israelites have witnessed God's mighty deliverance from the hands of a hostile & powerful foe.The Lord has defeated their foes & has delivered them miraculously;they are jubiliant! They are filled with awe & wonder! They are filled with gratitude & praise for what the Lord has done on their behalf!

3.We are in the learning process of worshiping & praising God the way He wants us to. We do experience the presence of God in our midst when we join our hearts together in worship & adoration.

The reasons given to praise God in this psalms includes making HIS salvation known to us, Revealing HIS righteousness to us. HIS love and faithfulness toward us. HE has also come to judge d world aright and bring our final salvation.

Praise is so exuberant in this psalm bc HE has saved us marvelously and the righteous judge is coming who will set all injustice aright and bring salvation our final salvation.

Praise is so exuberant in my congregation bc we acknowledge that we are adopted children of GOD. So when we remember HIS act of forgiveness of our sins, HIS deliverance from the power of the devil and defeat of satan. all these makes the whole congregation praise God with all their hearts.

In my life, when i remember the priviledge that GOD has given me to know HIM and to remain in HIS presence, i praise HIM with everything in me. i feel so good praising God and cannot live without praising HIM.ITS EXUBERANT BC I DO IT WITH ALL MY HEART.

• 3 weeks later...

Praise in this Psalm is for the things the Lord has done; and for who he is.

Unfortunately, I think sometimes we as Christians forget to praise God for WHO He is rather than just for what He does. God is worthy of our praise no matter what!! Plus that fact, that often we don't stop and think of all He has done for us-we take it for granted.

• 2 weeks later...

Reasons for praise would be how he saved and delivered us. Because he brought them out of captivity into their new promised land. I am learning more to praise God for the little and the big things that happen and for the good and bad things.

We should praise god for his mighty works in our lives and for protecting us. Above all he has given us salvation in our lives for free. He has revealed his plans which he has for us. He had made promises to us and he abides by it. He never leaves our side.

It is important because he is going to come again and judge us and we in turn have to be pure and holy for him. He will judge us with righteousness and we have to be prepared for it.

It is very exuberant in my congregation.

Personally, it is not very exuberant coz i dont have the freedom.

The reasons given in Psalm 98 for praising God are: for His salvation, He is a righteous God, He is faithful he is a loving God. He will come with judgement when the rigteous ones will receive rewards while the wicked will be punished.

;

• 3 weeks later...

The main reason for priase in this psalm is God's salvation of the nation of Israel.

It is exuberant because the people have seen both God's love and his anger.

I don't consider my praise "excuberant", but do consider it heartfelt and sincere.

• 2 weeks later...

The reasons for praise given in Psalm 98 are for the goodness of God, His wonderful deeds, His mighty victories, and His righteousness. God remembers His promises. He is the righteous judge. This is a song of joy unto the LORD God! It is an exuberant praise that acknowledges God

• 1 month later...

What are the reasons given for praise in Psalm 98?

God has done a new thing, He has won a mighty victory. Marvelous is the word for all the Lord has done with His right hand of power and His holy arm.

This psalm is one of celebration, of the second coming of Christ. Final victory of the strong man has been acheived. It pictures the Kingdom as if its already come and all of God's promises have been fulfilled and is well known by all, both Jew and Gentile. That the love God bore us, that the promises of redemption and mercy have been fulfilled because of His faithfulness to us.

I like Paul have learned through the mercy and grace of Jesus Christ to be content whatever my circumstance, to give fervent praise, honor and glory to the Almighty in every situation as I press on towards the mark of a higher calling in my life. I know who my redeemer is and I know and serve a risen Savior.

That is the reason why there is exuberant praise in my personal worship and the worship of the parishioners of the church I attend.

Why or why not is it exuberant?

I attend a church where the members longingly and actively seek to hear the voice of God and ask for His revelation, His blessing and His guiding and directing hand in all that we do so that we can be effective as we go about our Father's business of building His kingdom on this earth.

• 2 weeks later...

Psalm 98 praises God for His wondrous creation, for His victory, for His grace and faithfulness.

Praise is exuberant because our God will come as a rightful judge and His credentials and qualification exceeds everything and is beyong our fleshly imaginations. The psalmist is rightfully reminding us that He is a righteous and faithful judge.

In my own life, i would like to have a higher and a greater praise filled life.

Praises come from a heart which is filled with faith and i am continuing to grow in faith and i believe that the Lord God would give more grace from His throne.

• 2 weeks later...

Q3. (Psalm 98) What are the reasons given for praise in Psalm 98?

Because He has done marvelous things

Because of our Salvation

Because of His Righteousness

Because of His Love and Faithfulness

Because of the sacrifice He made for us, and because of His Love for all of us.

Our Church is very exuberant in their praise. I

• 4 weeks later...

WE PRAISE HIM FOR HIS FAITHFULNESS, HIS LOVE TO US, THE MARVELOUS THINGS HE'S DONE AND FOR HIS SALVATION.I AM SO THANKFUL FOR FORGIVENESS OF MY SINS, DELIVERANCE FROM ITS POWER AND ESPECIALLY THE DEFEAT OF SATAN. PRAISE IS EXUBERANT BECAUSE THE JUDGE IS COMING WITH RIGHTEOUSNESS; HE WILL SET ALL INJUSTICES ARIGHT AND BRING OUR FINAL SALVATION, AS PASTOR RALPH SAID. PRAISE IN OUR CONGREGATION NEEDS SOME HELP. THE PEOPLE SEEM TO BE WAITIG ON THE WORSHIPPERS TO DO EVERYTHING AND SOME DONT SEEM TO REALISE IT'S OK TO BE ACTIVELY PARTICIPATING IN PRAISE AND WORSHIP. IN MY LIFE, IT'S A LOT BETTER THAN A FEW MONTHS AGO WHEN I WAS DEALING WITH THE PAIN OF A LOVED ONE WHO ALMOST DIED AT A VERY YOUNG AGE. THAT'S WHY I SO APPRECIATE THIS STUDY, BECAUSE IT'S HELPING ME TO SEE THE IMPORTANCE OF PRAISING HIM NO MATTER WHAT.I AM SO THANKFUL TO THE LORD FOR PROTECTING MY LOVED ONE RECENTLY.THANK YOU JESUS..I LOVE YOU LORD..GLORY.

• 1 month later...

Psalm, 98 the reason for such an outburst of rejoicing lay in the mighty saving acts of God extending in mercy to Israel. Their purpose was to draw the attention of the whole world and thus inform all peoples of what God was doing through this specially favoured people.

Pax

I see 4 reason for us to praise 1. His Salvation 2. His Righteousness 3. His Mercy 4. His Faithfulness. As expected we can never enough praise for what he has done, But I do try my best effort and praise God for what he has done in my life, At times in life the enemy may to play trick on your mind to steal your praise, But I have to think the battle is only in the mind, so have to get my mind right so I can give God the Highest praise. Hallelujah

• 1 month later...

The Psalmist lists reasons for praising God: He is doer of marvelous things, he offers us salvation, he shows righteousness in the sight of "the heathen," and remembers to be honest and merciful to his followers. I think the praise is exuberant in this psalm because of the Lord's excellence. The praise is heartfelt.

I have a fairly quiet way to worship the Lord in my own life. I pray outloud and in my mind, always. Praying has become a way of thought for me. That way I have the Lord with me at all times. If I feel I do not, it is because I have neglected to include Him in my thinking and am "thinking alone." I think my exuberence is in my feelings, which come from my heart, as does the psalmist's.

I am currently looking for a congregation and hope to find one that worships through much exuberant song. I also listen to contemporary Christian music and am awed by the similarity of most of the songs to the Psalms. I listen to this music every day, loudly and joyously, and know that God listens to them as he lisens to my quiet thoughts/praise/prayers. I am awed by God's sense of hearing, that he can hear loud praise and silent praise both.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

There are so many reasons to give praise to God, for He is so worthy of praise. This Psalm details just a few of them. He has done marvelous things, salvation, he has remembered His love and faithfulness, He will judge the world in righteousness and equity, He has saved us marvelously, He will set injustice right, and bring our final salvation.

Personally, God is just so good and Holy, there is none like Him, and He has given so freely of Himself for us, without Him nothing would be possible.

Heather