JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Psalm 69

Prayer doesn't inform God of our issues but rather conforms us to the thoughts and will of God. By having an open and humble heart we become useful in the work of God's plan unto a lost and dying world. This whole thing with God is not about us but about Him. When we realize that our walk becomes easier and more fruitful.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God Responds to praise and worship, the onl way to escape hurt and pain is through praise and worship. Praise and worship build us up in faith and remind of of who God is. We can be honest with God, but we can't escape our circumstances if we are focusing on them, so instead focus on God and remind our circumstances that God is bigger.

• 1 month later...
Q2. (Psalm 69:30-32) Why does this lament (and nearly all laments in the Psalms) end with an upswing of hope and praise? What does this teach us about our own laments and prayers? Why is praise, the language of faith, so important in our prayers, especially prayers of desperate pleas for help?

They end this way because we can realize that god is the healer of our hearts, that we can stand on our faith because it will be uplifted and we can trust God and give Him the praise and glory. The same for us in our prayers. Praise strengthens our faith. We can get our mind and heart on God. Our faith can let God start working in our situation according to His will.

(Psalm 69:30-32) Why does this lament (and nearly all laments in the Psalms) end with an upswing of hope and praise? What does this teach us about our own laments and prayers? Why is praise, the language of faith, so important in our prayers, especially prayers of desperate pleas for help? Once you go through some hurt and pain and you understand that God is who brought you through those thing it give you that extra hope and praise that you may need for things to come. It teaches me that no matter what we can't give God anything except our praise, because he is worthy to be praise. Our material things don't replace the praise, in other words God look at our heart not those things that is material on the outside, not those things that show that we are rich, He welcome our praise that is real. Praise is the language of faith and it is very important because it remines us that if you don't have faith we don't believe that God have control over ALL things, even when it doesn't go the way we want it to, you see God know what is best for use and we must only Trust him, and know that he already have it worked out.

• 1 month later...

Q2. (Psalm 69:30-32) Why does this lament (and nearly all laments in the Psalms) end with an upswing of hope and praise? What does this teach us about our own laments and prayers? Why is praise, the language of faith, so important in our prayers, especially prayers of desperate pleas for help?

ANS - David got his eyes off of his own circumstances and onto the Lord. Hew realized God is the only one who has the answer and can deliver Him out of his pit of despair. Thus he turns his eyes to the Lord and Praises Him.

We must always praise an integral part of our prayer life, knowing that praise releases our faith to trust God and to thank Him for his mercies and grace, and answers to life's difficult situations.

I'm reminded of the book written years ago, "Prison to Praise" by Merlin Carothers. What a great book.

• 2 months later...

In whatever situation, there is hope: God.

In our own lamentations, we can also bring everything to God.

We can ask him to save us (vs. 2), tell Him what hurts, praise and thank Him (vs. 31), trust Him to help (vs. 36).

Praise shows that we honour God for what He is and not only for fulfilling our own wishes.

It also shows that we truly believe He can help.

When we leave the praise out of our prayers, we easily forget how great He is.

That He is not just some kind of Santa Claus.

All laments end with praising and thanksgiving so that we don't dwell only on the circumstance but look up to the one who will help us through it. God has been there countless times for me in desperation and remembering on those times is good enough for me to praise him. When we praise God something inside of us happens. Our soul just connects with the holy spirit and nothing can break that bond. There is this fire sensation inside that just wants to come out and scream and bring all the lost and brokenhearted to Jesus. That's the passion stirring in my heart. So when I praise him my mind, body and soul lift, my faith builds and everything around me doesn't seem to be as important as I thought they were. Praising God is the only way for those who do not know him to come to him. When they see the joy we carry, they'll want nothing else but the same.

• 4 weeks later...

We need to show God our true heart, including worries when we are slipping away from our "faith in His deliverance." When we praise Him it shows we are confident He will; deliver us in His time. We need His and expect His help, and moral support, like any6 child would be counting on help from their Father, to see them through.

The adage 'It's always darkest before the dawn' comes to mind as I consider why my appeals to God often begin with laments and, if I truly give it all over to God, end up in a spirit of praise and thanksgiving. My lamentations come from my heart's outpouring of pain if I am honest with God about my dire circumstances. After truly laying my burdens upon Him, I am relieved and able to respond with gratitude and praise to the One who provides me with hope and draws me into a genuine loving relationship.

Praise is the only attitude I can have toward the God who incessantly offers Himself to me without condemnation but with overflowing love. Isn't He truly wonderful?

• 4 months later...

Because the psalmist realizes at the end of the day that God is still mighty and still King above all and worthy to be praised. The psalmists reflect on God's goodness and praise him for it in due cause, this is challenging for many christians.

It tells us that we need to worship him through all, because of all things. We do not have a reason not to praise God, in anything!

Praise is vital because it is what lifts our spirits up in all situations. It is important to be thankful and praise God, because we could always be in a worse situation. In desperate prayers, praise allows us to look up and look on, not focusing on the situation, but how good God is and what he can do for us. We learn how to make it through with him and sometimes He allows us to see partly how the situation will be resolved, or at least get a better understanding of it.

• 2 months later...

The lament in the psalms is that God is almighty Daivd don't stay in his self pity party but he came out with praise. Praise in a way and lanfuage of faith it show confidence.It is important for us to pray to God from our heart like Daivd did and make petetion to God for his help.

http://www.joyfulheart.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=668

Psa 69:30-32 GNB I will praise God with a song; I will proclaim his greatness by giving him thanks. (31) This will please the LORD more than offering him cattle, more than sacrificing a full-grown bull. (32) When the oppressed see this, they will be glad; those who worship God will be encouraged.

It is encouragement to us from the Psalm writer. Through times may be tough, ton always give praise to God. Our hope and faith lies in God, resulting in victory for us.

This teaches us, that in all circumstances we have to give praise and thanks to God.

If we don

• 4 weeks later...

[/quo

Something coming from the heart is always better than sacrifice. Because faith expressed by praise and thanksgiving pleases God. We should do more of that instead of complaining about our situations. I believe praise changes our prospective, we look to the Father rather than concentrating on ourselves. Praise shows my belief in my Father, and I am thankful for all He has done for me.

• 2 weeks later...

The psalter knew how to touch the heart of God by desperately reaching out to him through praise and an attitude of expectation. The end of the lament represents hope that God will once again be his ultimate deliver and come to his rescue. Praise, even in the face of trouble let's God know the level and depth of our trust in him. Our praise demonstrates that we remain focused on the Creator and Sustainer of all things great and small.

• 3 months later...

A2. (Psalm 69:30-32) The ending upswing must of been the style of the day. Considering that they were the first people who the Lord took completely as his own, maybe we should copy the style. Praise is important because God deserves praise, especially since all things are in the Gods hands.

Q2. (Psalm 69:30-32)

Why does this lament (and nearly all laments in the Psalms) end with an upswing of hope and praise?

What does this teach us about our own laments and prayers?

Why is praise, the language of faith, so important in our prayers, especially prayers of desperate pleas for help?

Having prayed our prayers and restored our relationship with Him, we are confident God will keep His promises and answer our prayers. There is now new hope, and this is the time to praise our Heavenly Father for His grace and unmerited love that He extends to us when we call on Him for mercy and peace.

• 7 months later...

Q2. (Psalm 69:30-32) Why does this lament (and nearly all laments in the Psalms) end with an upswing of hope and praise?

First he pours out his heart to God regarding his pain and the circumstances he is in, then "casts his care" upon God, remembering that all help and deliverance is in God's hands. He refocuses on God and wills himself to praise God, trust God, and reminds himself of what God has said in His Word, and in what He knows of God and His goodness and faithfulness in times past.

What does this teach us about our own laments and prayers?

It's a beautiful pattern. An honesty and vulnerability which nurtures intimacy with God...pouring out the heart to Him. God requires "truth in our inward parts", not denial and phony Pollyanna manipulation and fake words. After expressing all of the cares and concerns and casting them on Him, to focus on God and His Word...His promises, concluding with praise and worship sets things right. He has now been invited into our "world", and has been invited to intervene, and can work on our behalf.

Why is praise, the language of faith, so important in our prayers, especially prayers of desperate pleas for help?

Praise elevates God in our minds and mouths to His rightful position. (Sin shrinks God and elevates us in our own minds) It requires faith to "see the unseen" when we are hurting and the pain is more real than what we can only hope for, and to reach for what God has said when it may seem impossible. We have to choose to believe God's Word...that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him and that He is our defender, shield, buckler, strong tower, provider, healer, and the lover of our souls...the perfect Father!

• 4 months later...

God dwells in the midst of our praises. In psalm 69, we see David in a state of utter despair and hopelessness an pours his heart to the Lord. David is hurt and pained by the situtations he is facing and he is honest before his God. David knows the only place where he can get comfort and strength is in the presence of Yahweh God. So David makes to known to God all his sadness. once he is comforted in God's presence slowly a song of praise emerges from his heart to God. David also knows that his victory lies in shouting praises to God and in the past God has acted on his behalf when he has sang praises to God.

Praising God at all times-- is the key to deliverance from any situation. He who sacrifices thank offerings honors me, and he prepares the way so that i may show him the salvation of God. (Psalm 50:23). when we surrender our situations to the Lord and we lift our hands and begin to praise our God we are filled with God's strength. when we begin to sing praises to our God-- a hope beyond hope comes within us that God is our strength and shield and we are filled with faith. Praises enable us to surrender our situations to Him and slowly our focus is shifted from the circumstance and praises makes us focus on God. praises are powerful and effective because when we praise God we are filled with the strength of God we become more than conquerors in Christ Jesus who strengthens us.

Though David suffered shame and anguish after such a sin if his life , he knew that if he hoped in his Father God all would be well. He laments and cries for help before God to rescue him. David was a singer and always sang cheerful praises to God. Now after all the crying he put his hope once again and rises up to praise God rather than dwell in misery and sorrow.

This psalm encourages us to sing and praise God even though we have failed him and have no strength to return to Him. We must not go about mourning with guilt and shame,instead turn to God ask his forgiveness and praise Him and wait on Him.

OH. i love to praise God in songs ! Praise is the language of God and his angels. God dwells in our praises .It is the language of love that i communicate with my God. God is glad when we praise him even in the midst of sin and trial. Therefore even in the most desperatge situation of our life when we turn our language of sadness into praise it will change all things. Praise offered as a sacrifice brings victory amidst defeat. Praise gives us the grace to worship the Father and once again get back into his kingdom. Praise overcomes any obstacle ,brreaks every mountain and gives us hope beyond hope.

• 5 weeks later...

When one is in pain, feeling depressed, rejected and hurt it is a natural thing to lament and the psalmist laments to his God only. If one is feeling uneasy, and then that person vomits - the person then feels good, in the same way the psalmist vomits out all his hurt feelings and emotions and once done then David now understands that faith expressed by praise and thanksgiving is more pleasing to God, restoration of a person relationship with God is not an outward exercise but an inward assurance by the Holy Spirit.

It teaches us that if one wants to lament let him/her not complain to person but go before the Lord and pray in their struggle times be honest with their emotions before the lord and then praise because when we praise it is pleasing to Go. God inhabits dwells in our praises and when we praise the Lord takes his place in our heart. then all lament gone and replace with the joy and peace of God.

• 2 years later...

I think that the lament ends with an upswing of hope and praise is because even though they are depressed they know that God will do something to relieve them of their distress. So this should also teach us to trust God because we know that he is going to be doing something good for us.

I think that praise, the language of faith, is so important in our prayers because we know that God is improving our life in this situation and that if we keep our faith it will become stronger.

I think that the lament ends with an upswing of hope and praise is because even though they are depressed they know that God will do something to relieve them of their distress. So this should also teach us to trust God because we know that he is going to be doing something good for us.

I think that praise, the language of faith, is so important in our prayers because we know that God is improving our life in this situation and that if we keep our faith it will become stronger.

• 1 year later...

Its about pouring out your heart to God, being brutally honest with him and letting him have all your feelings and fears Just as the psalmist does (v 2-3). Then pulling out, extolling God the only one who can pull us out of our despair (v 30).

• 1 month later...

Sometimes we just need to pour out our hearts to God, be honest in how we feel. Cleansing comes from this so that praise flows out. I'm so thankful for these Psalms because they teach us how to work through situations in life.