JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Psalm 40

Q3. (Psalm 40:5b) When you realize that God's thoughts and plans are focused on you in particular, how does that make you respond?

"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" (Jer 29:11).

I trust and obey God plans for me knowing God will not forsake me nor abandon me.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am humbled by the thought, it brings tears to my eyes. I am down on my knees thanking GOD even tho it is his will to answer my prayers. Sometime he answers in a way that is different than what you would expect.

I am humbled to think that the almighty God keeps me in His thoughts and holds me in the palm of His hand. I who am nothing..."I am amazed that He loves me, I am amazed how He cares." It makes me respond by gratefully thanking Him, adoring Him, praising Him for He is worthy--more than worthy to be praised.

Q3. (Psalm 40:5b) When you realize that God's thoughts and plans are focused on you in particular, how does that make you respond?

When I realize that God

When I realise that God cares for me personally it encourages me to share with him with my troubles. I sometimes tend to look at the sittuation around me and doubt whether God is present, but now I know that His Word says something different.

I want to learn to trust Him and not doubt in his care when things are not happening the way I would like to.

It causes within me a desire to find out and live out what He has planned for me. It's reassuring and wonderful to know that the Creator of the universe is interested in my life and has a purpose for me. My response is to submit my will to his.

When I realize that God's thoughts and plans are focused on me in particular, I am awestruck to think that the Creator of the universe is concerned with the smallest detail of my life. It gives me the confidence to know that if my prayer is important to me, no matter how insignificant, it is important to God as well.

My response to this great truth that God's thoughts & plans are focussed on me makes me first of all feel special, loved ,secure, grateful & full of hope. It's such a unique feeling to know that the Eternal God cares & thinks of me ;& is my refuge & underneath are His everlasting arms( Deut 33:27)! How precious also are God's thoughts unto me! how great is the sum of them!( Ps 139:17)The Lord reminds me in Is 55:8 that:For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways! And in Jeremiah 29:11:For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.It fills my heart with gratitude & praise & leads me to bow down & worship God!

I am always amazed by the relationship we have with God. He is awe-inspiring and we are insignificant unfocused humans. We think that our problems are bigger than other peoples' and that we are all that. But who are we really that God would care so much for us? We are His creation - His children - His passion. If we live in His light and love only then we will know the true plan He has in store for us. Who are we that God plans our lives, thinks of us and talks with us? Who are we to not respond to His calling on our lives?

• 3 weeks later...

I am overwhelmed that He would rescue me. I have about 3 mountains facing me. at least 3 and I kept saying I don't see how this is going to work out but i know You will work it out. I was still biting my nails though... I felt at that moment God said you don't think you're worthy enough for me to work it out for you. and I understood in that moment that it was not a question of Him wanting to do that for me but that I realized He believes that my cry is worthy of His response. I was worthy that Jesus was sent to the cross--it was required of Jesus to go to the cross for me--to nail all my shame there. And open the door to receive freely all the help and rescuing i can stand.. :rolleyes:

It is so amazing to think that God would have time to think about little old me and what i'm doing when ther is so much more going on in the world like famine's and disaster's and other people that need his help more but I know when I pray he is listening to me and if it his wish that what I am praying for happens then he will do it if not he will tell me to wait until the time is right.

• 2 weeks later...

It is wonderful to realise that God thinks about me, even me, a wretched sinner! What amazing love, mercy and grace! This realisation leads me to praise the Name of the Almighty God. Thank you Lord. I am reminded now that you have plans for me, plans that are for my good. Plans for future prosperity and hope. These plans canot be thwarted by any one. Praise God.

When I realize these things about our great and everlasting God, I want to respond by worshiping and praising Him and giving Him thanks for who He is as well as all that He has done for us who believe and trust in Him. What else can I do but to thank and praise Him for His thoughts and plans are focused on me in particular, and I

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

William Lincoln writes " People talk about love, but the true test of love to God and Christ is that in the trial it says--- " I would not lose the favor and smile of God, so will rather suffer than grieve Him."

Lord God, sow in my life peace, bearing not only the fruit of your righteousness, but also wisdom, purity, gentleness, compliance, mercy, and everything good so that I may be worthy of your love and your favor.

• 2 weeks later...
When I relize that God's thoughts and plans are focused on me I have peace, In Jeremiah God says, " I have plans for you that are for good not evil.' Sorry I don't remember the scripture and what I have typed is my version. I always keep that thought, in doing so I know His protection is over me and He will always be watching over me. It gives me joy, and sometimes excitement in my spirit knowing God is looking out for my best interest. So I try to be obedient in all His ways. I make mistakes who doesn't? But knowing God's Thoughts and plans are focused on me I feel secure in Him. AMEN.

"For i know the plans i have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for calamity, to give you a future and a hope."

• 2 weeks later...

It gives me Peace to know that God cares about me and my needs no matter what they are. To know that there is nothing too small or trivial for me to ask God to help me with

• 5 weeks later...

IT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE CRYING WHEN I REALISE THAT HIS THOUGHTS AND PLANS ARE FOCUSED ON ME IN PARTICULAR, AND NOT JUST EVERYBODY ELSE. GROWING UP IN A VERY DYSFUNCTIONAL HOME WHERE THERE WAS LOTS OF ABUSE, I ALWAYS FELT REJECTED, OVERLOOKED AND INSIGNIFICANT.WHEN I ALMOST DIED TEN YEARS AGO, AND OVER TWENTY SOMETHING DOCTORS COULD NOT HELP ME, MY SISTER TOOK ME TO CHURCH AND I FINALLY GAVE MY HEART AND LIFE TO JESUS CHRIST.(I WAS MOSLEM.) IT WAS THE BEST DECISION I HAVE EVER MADE IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE, I FELT LOVED.I KNOW HE IS REAL; HIS POWER TO DELIVER IS BEYOND MY UNDERSTANDING, BUT I LOVE TO GIVE HIM ALL THE GLORY BECAUSE HE CAME TO DIE FOR SOMEONE LIKE ME. MY RESPONSE HAS ALWAYS BEEN TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP HIM BECAUSE HE IS SO WORTHY OF MY PRAISE. BE BLESSED..GLORY.

• 4 weeks later...

Psalm 40:5b) When you realize that God's thoughts and plans are focused on you in particular, how does that make you respond

Psalm 40

One of the remarkable truths that we discover in this Psalm is that there is more than one voice speaking. It is remarkable because, if you look at the title of the Psalm, we are informed that it is a Psalm of David. The writer of the Psalm is King David, the sweet Psalmist of Israel. David, as we know, wrote most of the Psalms and this is one of them. David is telling us early in this Psalm about his experience of God's dealing with him. You could say that these early verses are David's own testimony - how God saved him and brought him to the knowledge of Christ. But then a second voice occurs, even a greater voice than that of David's begins to be heard a little later on in this Psalm, especially you see it at v. 7-8: "Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me, I delight to do thy will, O my God..." (verse 7-8). That is not David speaking, that is great David's greater Son - it is the Lord Himself speaking as the Saviour of David and as the Saviour of all those who come to know God for themselves. There are therefore two voices here, not only in this Psalm but also in many other Psalms

PAX

I respond with joy and gladness, I am so thankful that God has a plan for me, And I pray that I do nothing that will separate God from me. I desire to do the work of Lord and pray that my will is His will