JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Psalm 103

The aspects of God's character that stand out to me in psalm 103 are His grace and mercy in forgiving us of our sins, and His Kingship over all creation.

The Exodus was foundational in Israel's understanding of God because not only did He speak to them through Moses, He also demonstrated His faithfulness to them by His actions-parting the Red Sea, providing manna,etc.

According to psalm 103:10-12, the limits of God's forgiveness are 'as high as the heavens above the earth' and 'as far as the east is from the west." In other words, God's forgiveness has no limits. No matter how many times or how often we fall into sin, He is faithful and just to forgive us.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q1. (Psalm 103) Which one or two aspects of God's character mentioned in this Psalm stand out to you? Why do you think the Exodus was so foundational in Israel's understanding of God? According to Psalm 103:10-12, what are the limits to God's forgiveness?

THAT GOD IS A LOVING GOD AND ALWAYS WILLING TO FORGIVE US !

BY PARTING THE RED SEA.

RHERE ARE NO LIMITS TO GOD'S FORGIVENESS

• 2 weeks later...

Q1. (Psalm 103) Which one or two aspects of God's character mentioned in this Psalm stand out to you? Why do you think the Exodus was so foundational in Israel's understanding of God? According to Psalm 103:10-12, what are the limits to God's forgiveness?

All of the aspects of God's character stand out in this Psalms. However, verse 10 ("he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities."), means a lot to me. The fact that God loves us so much and extends so much mercy and grace to us is awesome, amazing, and increditable. The fact that God does not treat us as our sins deserve is amazing. This wonder and grace causes within me a desire to show love, mercy, and grace to others. I think God expects nothing less.

I think the Exodus was so foundational in Israel's understanding of God was because God revealed Himself to them. God showed to them what He is all about, how to have fellowship with Him, and what He can do in every way. God provided special revelation to the Israelites to establish a relationship with them and that they would know that He is the only true God.

According to verses 10-12, there are no limitations to God's forgiveness to those that fear Him.

All of the aspects of God's character stand out in this Psalms. However, verse 10 ("he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities."), means a lot to me. The fact that God loves us so much and extends so much mercy and grace to us is awesome, amazing, and increditable. The fact that God does not treat us as our sins deserve is amazing. This wonder and grace causes within me a desire to show love, mercy, and grace to others. I think God expects nothing less.

I think the Exodus was so foundational in Israel's understanding of God was because God revealed Himself to them. God showed to them what He is all about, how to have fellowship with Him, and what He can do in every way. God provided special revelation to the Israelites to establish a relationship with them and that they would know that He is the only true God.

According to verses 10-12, there are no limitations to God's forgiveness to those that fear Him.

• 3 weeks later...

God is so awesome!! He forgives me, redeems me, satisfies me, merciful, gracious, slow to anger, and full of mercy-I couldn't survive without any of them.

They saw how God took care of them through the entire 40 years. How better to understand God when you have nothing else!!

God's forgiveness has no limits!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

His forgivness is the major character of God that stands out to me because we can be so mean and non caring about what he thinks and what other people think, but he still loves us and wants a relationship with us and when we turn to him and ask for forgivness, he not only forgives but forgets as well we are like new. I find that so amazing.

They had to rely on himso much for everything from getting away to food and water and for finally getting them to the holy land.

The limits for God's love are as high as the heavens form the earth and as far as the east is from the west.

His love and forgiveness

it took the exodus for God to reveal to them His great love and power

there are no limits

• 2 months later...

Q1. (Psalm 103) Which one or two aspects of God's character mentioned in this Psalm stand out to you?

His Forgiveness: He does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities.

His Love: Abounding in Love

Why do you think the Exodus was so foundational in Israel's understanding of God?

After spending so much time with Him in the desert, they learned of His faithfulness. He never left them, even when they rebelled.

According to Psalm 103:10-12, what are the limits to God's forgiveness?

His forgiveness is as high as the heavens are above the earth, and as far as the east is from the west. It

Which one or two aspects of God's character mentioned in this Psalm stand out to you?

Verses 8-9 " The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, anounding in love. He will not always accuse nor will he harbor His anger forever." He guides, protects and provides for us every step of the way, even if we are disobedient, rebelloius, complaining, He tolerates a lot from us before His anger flares. His mercy is steadfast in spite of the ingratitude He gets from us.

Why do you think the Exodus was so foundational in Israel's understanding of God?

The mercy and kindenss of God is aptly demonstrated in His dealings with Israel especially in the exodus from Egypt. During this trip to the Promised Land, God showed His ways to Moses, but His acts of mercy and graciousness to the people of Israel by His protection, provision and promise. He shared with Moses His plans and purposes, but the people saw the physical aspects of those plans and God's purpose.

According to Psalm 103:10-12, what are the limits to God's forgiveness?

There are no limits to God's forgiveness. His plans for our salvation is immeasurable. Just as we can't determine the size of the universe that we live in, because we are talking about infinite distance, that is exactly how far He has removed our transgressions from us. The beleiver and his sins shall never meet. Those sins have been put out of God's sight forever by the miracle of His love for us.

• 4 months later...

What stands out to me is God's understanding of us, our short time on this earth, his compassion, his mercy. I see His lovingkindness, His tender mercies noted by the psalmist in verse 4. This is the mercy of the Father, and Christ.

I think Exodus was foundational in Israel's understanding of God because in God's deliverance Israel saw and knew God's care and faithfulness. He offered Israel salvation from the shackles of oppression and bondage, showed His people commandments to live by, just as He offers us spiritual deliverance from the world by giving us Christ, our Teacher, and His Word.

God's mercy knows not limits, so long as we fear Him and remember Him, that we are faithful to him as He is to us. We have to show an understanding of Him as He does of us. Our understanding of Him is at once vast and simple. In Ecclesiastes, the Preacher observes of simplicity, in 12:13, "Let us hear a conclusion of the whole matter;Fear God and keep his commandments;for this is the whole duty of man."

Verses 10-12 of Psalm 103 use earthly dimensions so we, earthlings, can understand the vastness of God's mercy.

• 11 months later...

The aspects of God's character that stand out to me is his compassion and grace and mercy. In Exodus, God revealed himself to his people and they knew he was real and they could trust him. God's limits are as high as the heavens are above the earth, as far as the east is from the west. To me, that means endless.

• 2 weeks later...

Q1. (Psalm 103) Which one or two aspects of God's character mentioned in this Psalm stand out to you? Why do you think the Exodus was so foundational in Israel's understanding of God? According to Psalm 103:10-12, what are the limits to God's forgiveness? The Lord is Merciful and gracious and his compassion for us. Because of His Love for us even after we have sin He still makes Himself available for us to come to Him and ask for forgiveness, and return to Him for guidance. The Exodus was so foundational in Israel understanding because it was a way for God to allow them to separate from some things in they life and for them to gain Faith in Him not of things seen are unseen. God is a God that forgives completely. He don't keep reminding use of our past sin but He will show his compassion to us and show us that they is danger that we are headed into. His grace and His mercy if forever more, He loves us and remember us as dust.

• 2 months later...

Q1. (Psalm 103) Which one or two aspects of God's character mentioned in this Psalm stand out to you?

ANS - Vs. ll and 12 - So great is His love! He has far removed my transgressions from me. Thank you Lord Jesus that you have been so merciful to me, and extended your Grace into my life.

Why do you think the Exodus was so foundational in Israel's understanding of God? According to Psalm 103:10-12, what are the limits to God's forgiveness?

ANS - During the time of the Exodus, that is when God revealed Himself to Moses and to the people of Israel, in all aspects of His character and holiness. It was the time that God established the Law, whereby the Hebrew people were instructed by God in how to live their lives. The Law also was a foreshadow of Christ to come.

vs 7: He has revealed Himself. We don't have to find out ourselves + we have no excuse of not obeing.

vs 13: He is like a father to us.

This is where He revealed Himself leaving no room for doubt.

No limits

• 1 month later...

One of God's Characters that stand out for me is the truth he brings to my life. Every step I take in my life, he always reminds me of his truth. It has never been a lie for me. When he says something shall happen or be done, or healing , or finances, he shows up. Whether its the 11th hour or a "wadi" way. He always shows up for me.

In Exodus... God showed up on the mountain, and revealed the law to Moses. With such a profound act from God no wonder why their understanding was soooo strong to God.

There is no limit on Forgiveness..... It explains that its as high as Heaven and goes from the east to the west. Which means..... 777 times a day.....

Basically, especailly in this season of Grace, God Forgives....

God's character aspects that pop out to me in this psalm are that He is alone is worthy of praise, and He is faithful to His creation throughout all eternity.

The events of Exodus are foundational because they were unmistakably from the hands of God. It was an amazing time because while this was not the first time God was apparent in the lives of His chosen people, He was evident in grandiose ways EACH day by his direct and miraculous provision of shelter, safety, food, water, warmth, encouragement, and even discipline. Every thing the people needed as they were delivered into the promised land over 40 long years. This is not to say that God isn't with me and evident in His provisions all these thousands of years later, but my sight is often dimmed to the miraculous ways He works in my life. It is hard to imagine that the Jews in the great exodus could have ever claimed that they couldn't see God at work. It was a brilliant move by God to require that the story of the passover become a feast tradition so that all the generations to come would learn of his deliverance and salvation plan as it points back to the time of Exodus and forward to the saving blood of Jesus the Christ.

There are NO boundaries to God's forgiveness just as there are no limits on His love! We worship a patient King.

• 3 months later...

God is merciful. He takes pity on us even though we have sinned and fallen short of His glory, He is patient and kind with us even though we may mess up time after time.

The Israelites had many failures, this showed them the saving power of God and His destruction as well. They learnt about just how God views promises and many other things that have stayed with them to this day.

There are no limits to Hid forgiveness. He wants to and will forgive us if we ask! A patient Father waiting to hear His children speak to Him and tell Him exactly how their day was.

• 2 months later...

[color=The character that stand out to me are his compassion and lovingkindness.

As far as the east to the west he have forgive them of their trangression and like a father he have love for all of who fear him.

God is a lovingkindness and compassionate he have no limits for the one that fear him.

• 4 weeks later...

That HE redeemed me and satisfies my soul.

Because He was there deliverer.

It is as high as the heavens and as as far as the east is from the west.

• 2 weeks later...

The characters of compassion and graciousness stands out to me. The Exodus was foundational because of the way the God delivered them from their oppressor then sustained as they moved toward the promised land. While the Israelite had times of great obedience and overwhelming disobedience he still did not stay angry with them. Some were lost in the journey but God did hold to his promises and their descendant entered the promised land.

His love is so great for us that he is always forgiving of our sins. There are no limits to his forgiveness that's how much he loves us.

• 3 months later...

A1. (Psalm 103)

Slow to anger and with much kindness.

It displays how through constant churning, society goes through back and forth motions which serve to make the people become moral. But, when the people have power they become immoral so the society has to go the other way to remove the power and the immorality.

God's forgiveness is only for those who fear him.

Q1. (Psalm 103)

Which one or two aspects of God's character mentioned in this Psalm stand out to you?

Our Lord has always shown us to be merciful and gracious. His mercy is demonstrated in that He does not give us what we deserve. We know that we have all sinned and the penalty for our sins is death, and we should all be spending eternity in hell. Yet He still sent His Son to pay the penalty of our sins, and by putting our trust in our Saviour, God righteously pardons us.

How utterly unworthy I am, dear Lord, of Thee,

Yet Thou art always showering Thy wondrous love on me.

Though oftentimes I wander and fail to do Thy will,

Thy gracious love constraining abideth with me still.

• 2 weeks later...

The Lord's compassion and grace stand out to me. Despite my sinfulness and willful disobedience, He had compassion on me and extended grace so that I might receive abundant life and life eternal. I believe the exodus was foundational to Israel's understanding of God in that they could see it was God who had brought them out of Egypt into a new land of blessing. Based on my understanding of Hebrew poetry, the poets used language like "as high as the heavens are above the earth" and "as far as the east is from the west" to represent totality. Since humans cannot measure these spans, in the same way God's forgiveness cannot be measured. His forgiveness is limitless.

• 2 weeks later...

<!--quoteo(post=28576:date=Aug 18 2007, 06:00 PM:name=Pastor Ralph)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pastor Ralph @ Aug 18 2007, 06:00 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=28576"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Q1. (Psalm 103) Which one or two aspects of God's character mentioned in this Psalm stand out to you? Why do you think the Exodus was so foundational in Israel's understanding of God? According to Psalm 103:10-12, what are the limits to God's forgiveness?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

1. Actually, all of them stand out to me, because these characteristics are far above man's characters; but the ones that really stand out are His mercy and his forgiveness. Man would never be able to live up to these aspects the way our God does. We would allbe dead if it wasn't for the Lord's mercy and forgiveness.

2. The Exodus laid the foundation of God from the beginning and will remain the same forever. He does not change.

3. God's forgiveness has no limits. He love for us is limitless and in His Word it was stated that he would forgive us 70 times 70.