JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q5. Blessed Are the Pure in Heart

Q5. (Matthew 5:8) Why can people with a pure heart see, know, and discern God? Why can't "chronic" sinners see God? How do we obtain the pure or clean heart that Jesus describes?

I need to start witht the second question first because that is where I was. The so called chronic sinner like me, Saul, and the tax collector had trouble knowing, understanding, seeing, hearing, or even believing God because of judgement from ourselves, others, and the judgment we believed we deserved from God. It was when I understood that Jesus was the one and only one I needed to forgive my sins that I was able to turn my life around. With the words "Your sins are forgiven" I discarded the alcohol which had once given me temporary relief from guilt.

In Genesis chapter six God admits to the only mistake he ever made (the creation of mankind) because (Genesis 6:5The Lord saw how great man's wickedness on the earth had become, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time.) I must ask, "If that had changed with the flood would God have needed to send His Son to be crucified?"

"But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, 'God, have mercy on me, a sinner.' Found guilty and forgiven is much much better than being found innocent and self-righteous, because forgiveness comes from LOVE. So I would say that is how we obtain the pure or clean heart that Jesus describes, by first realizing that our own righteousness is but filthy rags and that as, David says, it is against God that we have sinned and it is God who creates a clean heart by forgiving us of our sins.

Darrell

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This can only happen because God has washed a man's heart and cleansed it. As we seek devotion and obedience we are blessed with the ability to know, see and discern God.

When chronic sin fills a life, that person's heart is flawed and only God can purify and cleanse it. Until then, the separation that exists as a result prevents intamacy with God and does not allow discernment.

My heart needs to be focused, actively seeking purity and prefering a close intimate relationship with my Father.

Q5. (Matthew 5:8) Why can people with a pure heart see, know, and discern God? Why can't "chronic" sinners see God? How do we obtain the pure or clean heart that Jesus describes?

A pure heart if achieved by the knowledge of Redemption. Knowing this truth discerns God. Chronic sinners can not see God because they are still caught up in trying to be 'good' and not fallling into sin. It is still all about them and not about Jesus.

God is Holy and pure nothing corrupted or impure can stand before Him without being destroyed .sin separates us from God and completely warps our ability to percieve Him and grasp His will and revelation for us.the pure heart required to see God is not in our ability or within our grasp to attain.Christ alone can cleanse us from all unrighteousness so it is Him that makes us pure .it is His nature we receive when we receive Him by faith as Lord and savior so a true believer is positionally perfect in Gods sight because it is Christ righteousness God sees .jesus being God can present us perfect before God ,holy and pure

Q5. (Matthew 5:8)

Why can people with a pure heart see, know, and discern God?

God is able to purge the corruption of our hearts and make them pure again. And, like Isaiah, give us that holy vision of God.

Why can't "chronic" sinners see God?

Jesus' promise in this Beatitude is that the pure in heart will be blessed with the ability to see and know and discern God himself. Those whose lives are filled with compromise and conformity, **** and licentiousness cannot see God. They cannot know him.

None of us can, for that matter. Since we all have a flawed heart, we must reach out to God himself to purify our hearts and cleanse them. Chronic sinners have not learned to reach out to God to purify their hearts.

How do we obtain the pure or clean heart that Jesus describes?

We can obtain the pure heart by actively seeking a closeness to God, by worshiping Him and living according to His Word.

John 1:18

18 No man hath seen G_d at any time; the only begotten S_n, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

KJV

To answer your questian regarding the beatitude of the blessed are the pure in heart, one should

consider the tense of the verb "will see". which is future tense. it will happen to those who are pure in

heart after they are changed in the twinkling of an eye.1 Cor 15:52

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

KJV

The Only way to have a heart cleased to purity is to have it covered by the Sacrifical Bood of J_SUS

THE CHR_ST.

People with a pure heart have a single-minded devotion to God, not jus a willingness but a desire to serve Him faithfully. In doing this we get to know Him and he knows us enlightening us with discernment.

A chronic sinner cannot see God because deliberate sin darkens the eyes of the heart.

We obtain a pure heart by looking to Jesus, by fixing our eyes on Him, putting our trust in Him and showing our love for Him who loved us first.

Q5. (Matthew 5:8) Why can people with a pure heart see, know, and discern God?

Because Jesus said,

People with a pure heart can see, know, and discern God because a pure heart is a believing heart. A believing heart is a heart that continually seeks to glorify God and is washed in His blood continually cleansing from all impurities. Yielded to Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit. Chronic sinners cannot see God, because sin begins to harden their heart. We obtain a pure heart by His blood and the washing of the Word.

People with a pure heart long to obey and follow Jesus. He says that the Father will come and live in those who love Him and obey Him (Joh 14:23). The Holy Spirit is in control of a pure heart and He teaches us about the Father (Joh 14:26) so we can see and know Him.

God is holy and He hates sin. If there is unconfessed sin, as is the case with chronic sinners, it causes seperation between them and God. If you live in the darkness of sin you cannot and will not see God. God's children also sin, but not on purpose and they confess it everytime, unlike those who are chronic sinners.

Only God himself can purify our hearts and therefore we need to ask Him to do so (Jer 9:7). We cannot be pure out of ourselves as man is sinful by nature.

People with a pure heart can see, know and discern God because that is what Jesus promised us! He promised us that the 'pure in heart will see God'. But, this is so because their heart is focused on God and peasing Him - their heart is toward God and not themself.

A 'chronic' sinner can't see God because of the separation of sin between them and God. That sin is like a wall that makes it impossible to see God. The only way to break that wall down is for God to forgive the sinner - which can only be done via repentance.

We obtain the pure or clean heart by asking God to purify and cleanse our heart. We need to serve the Father fully, always, obediently. Only God can purify and cleanse our hearts.

Because God is pure.

Sin separates us from God. Darkness hides from the Light.

1 John 1:9 says "if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness". We must be diligent to pray and read His Word.

God Bless!

Jen

Numbers6:24-26

When God gave us Christians His cleansing from all of our sins and then we seek Him, the Lord Jesus Christ, and to know and discern Him in our lives, then He gives us pure hearts as we draw closer and closer to Him and know and obey His Word. This is how we obtain the pure or clean hearts that Jesus describes in His Word to us; and those who don’t really know Him personally, those of whom He hasn’t really drawn them to Him to be their Lord and Savior, “chronic sinners” in other words, they can’t possible see God or to know Him because they love darkness rather then the light of the Lord Jesus in their lives. It’s all up to our sovereign God as to who will see and know Him and have pure hearts before Him (having been cleansed from their sins and putting on Christ Jesus as their righteousness before God the Father) and those who don’t know Him that He will leave in the darkness of their sinfulness and they won’t see the Lord’s pure heart or their own before Him.

I DON'T KNOW ANYONE WITH A PURE HEART,BUT GOD DOES...I THINK IN MY CASE IT'S A HEARTCRY FOR GOD,ALONG WITH CONVICTION...I THINK HAVING A PURE HEART IS A DAILY PROCESS, AS WE GO THROUGH OUR DAILY LIVES,WE SEE WERE WE FALL SHORT AT...WHETHER IN THOUGHT, WORD, OR DEED...THAT'S WHY I THINK IT'S IMPORTANT TO AT LEAST HAVE A REPENTANT HEART..SO PART OF MY DAILY PRAYER IS (CREATE IN ME A CLEAN HEART O GOD AND RENEW A STEADFAST SPIRIT WITHIN ME.

PLEASE, SOMEONE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG...AND WHERE.

THANK YOU.

PHIL.

I DON'T KNOW ANYONE WITH A PURE HEART,BUT GOD DOES...I THINK IN MY CASE IT'S A HEARTCRY FOR GOD,ALONG WITH CONVICTION...I THINK HAVING A PURE HEART IS A DAILY PROCESS, AS WE GO THROUGH OUR DAILY LIVES,WE SEE WERE WE FALL SHORT AT...WHETHER IN THOUGHT, WORD, OR DEED...THAT'S WHY I THINK IT'S IMPORTANT TO AT LEAST HAVE A REPENTANT HEART..SO PART OF MY DAILY PRAYER IS (CREATE IN ME A CLEAN HEART O GOD AND RENEW A STEADFAST SPIRIT WITHIN ME.

PLEASE, SOMEONE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG...AND WHERE.

THANK YOU.

PHIL.

A pure heart opens our vision of God, because we are searching for Him, and what He desires in our lives. We put aside ourselves, to learn of God. To know the difference between wrong and right, and to live Holy according to His will. The pure in heart will see the Kingdom of God, because they are looking spiritually for God, through their hearts, wanting to obtain what He has promised to them through Jesus Christ, and that is Everlasting life, a closeness and relationship that is binding and that is led by His spirit.

The world sees through the temporal eyes, while we see through the spiritual, and in discernment, the world cannot spiritually understand the things of God, as it does not go with their rationale or thinking of what God is. It stumps the world, to see Christians, who live differently, and don't run with the "crowd". James 4:8 is a great verse of Scripture that tells us to Draw nigh unto God, and he will draw nigh unto us. Cleanse your hands ye sinners, and purify your hearts ye double minded." By drawing near to God, we can see with our spiritual eyes, our condition of sin, that has kept us separted, and our need for redemption. The world can only see what is in front of them----their desires for the things of the world, the riches, the glory, the fame....the greed.

Through Christ, and by looking through spritual eyes, we can see the eternal---God, life everlasting, and Jesus, the author and finisher of our Faith.......

Only by seeking God totally, can we cleanse our hands and purify our hearts---only by accepting the blood atonement of Jesus and confessing our sins, and acknowledging our need for Jesus in our lives, can we be redeemed, from our sins and unclean hearts .

When we sincerely ask God to cleanse our hearts and the shackles and burdens are taken away, we are able to have a direct spiritual connection with God though Jesus. There is nothing to interfere between us and him. I just heard a preacher say yesterday that we lose sight of God when we focus on our grief or problems instead of God, that's how the devil deceives us.

"Chronic" sinners can't see God because they don't have a pure heart. Their focus is on the sin in their life, not God.

The only way we can have a pure heart is to ask God to cleanse us.

A.) Only those who have a pure heart are able to see, know and discern God, because they like Jesus have a singled-eye. They are not doubled minded as the scripture speaks to. They yield their members and their will to the Lord, allowing Him to work in them through His Spirit.

B.) Chronic sinners are blinded by the deeds of the flesh. They are fooled into thinking that because it looks good, feels good and many times they don't realize immediate consequences (like Adam and Eve) so they think it's alright, nothing will happen to them. Chronic sinners have their eyes on the things of this present world and not the world to come

C.) We obtain the pure or clean heart through the purging of our heart by God himself; this takes place after we reach out to God and receive Jesus Christ.

A.) Only those who have a pure heart are able to see, know and discern God, because they like Jesus have a singled-eye. They are not doubled minded as the scripture speaks to. They yield their members and their will to the Lord, allowing Him to work in them through His Spirit.

B.) Chronic sinners are blinded by the deeds of the flesh. They are fooled into thinking that because it looks good, feels good and many times they don't realize immediate consequences (like Adam and Eve) so they think it's alright, nothing will happen to them. Chronic sinners have their eyes on the things of this present world and not the world to come

C.) We obtain the pure or clean heart through the purging of our heart by God himself; this takes place after we reach out to God and receive Jesus Christ.

psalm 119:9-16 pretty much says it all. those who are willing to give up everything to love god with all their heart,with all their mind,and with all their strength will know god and gods ways will be manifest to others like precious fruit.read proverbs chapter 2:1-5 or micah 6:8, they will tell you the same. you know its funny to me when people go looking for god. and why i say that is god is the one trying to get our attention.he's been there all the time, all we need to do is listen and we will hear god speaking to us.chronic sinners love the darkness more than the light. they love their sin more than god. the love the pleasure sin gives them, they love instant and temporary fixes rather than getting to the root of the problem.noone likes to be refined at first,but in time , we start asking god to refine us to get these impurities out.

Q5. (Matthew 5:8) Why can people with a pure heart see, know, and discern God?

A pure heart continues as we follow the first law God gives us to live by, "love the Lord God with all your heart!

Mat 23:25-26 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess. Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

I ask myself, what is more valuable? our outward purity, or the heart - spiritual purity? Once I saw, I came to know God, I came to see the importance of living holy lives.

Heb 12:14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

Why can't "chronic" sinners see God? A chronic sinner is one who has not seen God, nor knows Him, if he did he would strive after righteousness. Jesus redeemed us from lawlessness and makes us long for good works, pure hearts, to please God and others.

How do we obtain the pure or clean heart that Jesus describes? Jesus came to cleanse us from sin. The blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin. The Holy Spirit opens our eyes, so we may see the condition of our hearts, unpure hearts. If we want it to be cleansed we must confess those sins that are making our hearts unclean. We ask the Holy Spirit to dwell in us, helping us to walk with God, our hearts are now filled with love for God, striving to keep that heart clean, for now the Spirit lives within me.

Jesus said that seek and you will find,those who are seeking to get close to Jesus,who seek pureness of heart wiil see,know and discern God.

They can see God if they are want to.

We obtain clean heart by getting closer to Jesus.

Why can people with a pure heart see, know, and discern God?

Thosw with a pure heart don't have sins blocking them from being able to see and discern the things of God. They have love and mercy for others instead of hate. We can see things more clearly by looking a things through seeing things God's way instead of our own way.

Why can't "chronic" sinners see God?

They can not see God because they can only see from the worlds perspective. To their life styles of sin blockes them from having a pur heart.

How do we obtain the pure or clean heart that Jesus describes?

By keeping our eyes on Jesus and keeping sin out of our lives. :rolleyes: