JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Faith and Justification

Q1. (Romans 5:1-2) According to verses 1-2, faith is a key to salvation. For Abraham (4:3), what was the relationship between faith and justification? For us (5:1-2), what is the relationship between faith and justification? In your own words, just what does it mean to be justified?

Because of Abraham's faith in God, God himself justified him as righteous man. Abraham through genuine faith obeyed God even though he didn't know where he was going, so God was pleased with him and God Himself justified him, but for us today we need to have faith in Christ, the Only Son of God, the same faith that Abraham had in God in order for God to justify us and cancel all our sins through our faith in His only Son who died for us. Without faith in Christ we can not be justified because we do not believe in the Son of God who shed His blood for us to reconcile our relationship with His Father.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Justification is a legal term. It means to be declared righteous through Jesus Christ paying the full penalty for my sin.

Romans 5:1 begins with Therfore. Any time I see that word in the scripture I have to go back to see what scriptural context was before it. In other words, I ask: Why is the therefore, there for? In this case the last two verses of chpter 4 say this "It was recorded 24 for our benefit, too, assuring us that God will also count us as righteous if we believe in him, the one who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead. 25 He was handed over to die because of our sins, and he was raised to life to make us right with God." (NLT).

The words of a song (I should have been crucified) sum it up very well. "I was guilty with nothing to say, and they were coming to take me away. But, then I a voice from Heaven was heard that said; Let him go take me instead"...

The charge was not dismissed, instead the penalty was paid in full!!

Justification is given to all. We receive it however only by placing our faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ.

Q1. (Romans 5:1-2) According to verses 1-2, faith is a key to salvation. For Abraham (4:3), what was the relationship between faith and justification? For us (5:1-2), what is the relationship between faith and justification? In your own words, just what does it mean to be justified?

We who beleive as Abraham beleived in God to have the faith that is need to have the key that will unlock the entrance to our heart(s). The hope that I trust in the Lord for one day I will receive His salvation to set around His throne of grace. To me faith is what we must have in God in order to have a right standing with God and we know that only God is a just God and becuse of His justification I am acquitted and declared free to His rightousness.

We who beleive as Abraham beleived in God to have the faith that is need to have the key that will unlock the entrance to our heart(s). The hope that I trust in the Lord for one day I will receive His salvation to set around His throne of grace. To me faith is what we must have in God in order to have a right standing with God and we know that only God is a just God and becuse of His justification I am acquitted and declared free to His rightousness.

Because Abraham believed God , God declared him righteous. We also have this relationship as we have faith in God. I have peace with God. For me to be justified before God means I am in relationship with God, I have been reconciled to Him forevermore.

Q1. (Romans 5:1-2) According to verses 1-2, faith is a key to salvation. For Abraham (4:3), what was the relationship between faith and justification?

Abraham faith in God was justified because he believed in God. So he was made righteous by God for this belief.

"Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness." (Romans 4:3)

For us (5:1-2), what is the relationship between faith and justification?

The relationship between faith and justification is that one must have total faith in something before it can be rendered justified, reliable, believable, acceptable. A relationship that is with The Son of God who died for our sins. And because Abraham was declared righteous because of his faith we to have been justified through faith too.

In your own words, just what does it mean to be justified?

In my words the meaning of justification is that by believing in Jesus, his death for our sins, his resurrection and that he is the Son of God, Emmanuel, God with us justifies our belief in God the Father and in The Son whose death covers our sins and opens the door for a relationship between God the Father and his children.

1 "Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God." (5:1-2)

By believing, Abraham had faith and was accepted by God. We have peace with God when we accept what God has done for us through His marvelous Grace and has made us righteous through faith as our means of justification.

Justification means we have accepted God Word and that we are in a right state of understanding of His Word for our way of living.

Accept, Believe, and Control your actions as Christlike. I call this the ABC's for righteous living God's Way.

Abraham was justified by his faith in God,the bible says Abraham believed God and it was counted to him as righteousness. I often hear people say they believe in God, that is not the same as believing God. We (christians) believe God, that Christ died on the cross to take away our sins and so we were made righteousness. Justification in my words is to be made right with God, we are now in a right relationship with God, living in his wisdom, his healing, his supplication, his faithfulness, his glory. In him do we live, breath and have our being.

A. For Abraham the relationship between faith and justification was Abraham had faith in God for everything, relied on God for everything.

Faith is total trust / or total reliance on something . with faith at Abrahams time of living that something was God. And God considered his

reliance and trust in Him(God) and was like a judge in a court room . God considered Abraham justified / because of his faith/trst/reliance on God.

B. The diffrence in our relationship of faith and justification is that God sent Jesus to die for us on Calvery, this act by Jesus of Jesus dying on the

cross in our behalf satisified Gods need for Sin to be attoned for. Now we must put our trust,/faith/ completely rely on Jesus and his death on

calvery and God will consider us saved by faith, righteous by faith. we cannot do a thing to make ourselves good , justified , presentable to God

but we must totally rely on what Jesus did in our place to be considered saved or justified.

C. In my own words to be Justified means that I must Know and love Jesus and totally rely on Jesus and his death on calvery to be my covering

that when I come into the prerence of God My sins will not be noticed but Jesus' act on calvery will cover my sins and God can see me and

not be put off by my sin. I will be accepted as justifed only because of Jesus. :D

Abraham believed in the Lord and he was made righteous.

With us, we have to believe in our Lord Jesus Christ. We are then justified by faith in Christ's righteousness.

To be justified means that God has responded to our faith and He declares our sins to be forgiven. But that's not all. He declares us perfectly roghteous by imputing the righteousness of our Lord Jesus to us. This comes to us entirly by God's grace.

Abraham believed God. He kept the laws. He remained loyal to the Lord and he stayed obedient. He trusted God for the promises that he was told was his. For us, our justification through faith brings peace with God, grace, hope, assurance, the love of God, the Holy Spirit, salvation from our sins, and joy in the Lord. To me being justified means being in the right with God. Obeying His commandment's, learning to live according to His will, making Him the first piroity in my life and asking Him every day to cleanse me of my sins.

Q1. (Romans 5:1-2) According to verses 1-2, faith is a key to salvation. For Abraham (4:3),

what was the relationship between faith and justification? For us (5:1-2),

what is the relationship between faith and justification? In your own words, just what does it mean to be justified?

Justification is the result of faith and the result of justification is righteousness. Justified to me means to be

born again in Christ Jesus.

Abraham believed the word of God, and by his belief was justified(made righteous, became a man of God) in the eyes of God. We are different from Abraham in that we become righteous through our belief in Christ, the son of God, by whom and through whom God is accessible to us.

We are justified, made right with God, through our belief in the Christ, the sacrifice of Christ and our resultant salvation. Jesus says, in John 10:7, "...I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep." He is how we know our Father.

1)Because Abraham believed God, trusted in Him, God granted him justification. Because of his faith, Abraham was declared righteous in God's eyes. 2)We receive God's justification the same way, through faith. We believe in Jesus with a firm commitment and trust and God sees us as righteous. 3)I believe that to be justified means that we have been exonerated of our sins. It is as if they haven't happened. God sees us as we should be, not as we are or have been.

Just if I died, is quote that other have used . Faith is sure of what we hope for and justification is a act of god. He justifies us by our faith. Dieing to chirst has always been a struggle of mine but I know I need to seperate myself from the world.

justification alway runs with faith and grace u got to have all three to be free from sin .and to live a life pleaseing to him god bless every one on yall.

Paul keep saying in 4:5: ...to the man that does not work and put faith in Him who declares the ungodly one righteous, his faith is counted as righteousness.

It is to express how our justification does not have connection with our deeds... And it is only by faith we can receive justification. It is not by a result of our work that we please God but by faith(Heb:6). Abraham has been justified because he believe, by faith, in the promise of God. We are justified because we believe in Jesus-Christ who lay down is life unto death to pay for all of our sins, and the third day has been raised by is Father, the almighty God, our father.

Been justified is to get free from an accusation. have not to pay anymore for something you should pay for, not because the one who own don't need it any more, but because he's satisfied by something worthier. (an example: a student has never handed his homework which count for 20% of the full mark, the teacher doesn't consider that anymore after the final exam, because he is satisfied by the fact that this student got 90/100 at the final exam. In our case Christians, the Father is satisfied by Jesus 'death, and is pleased by our faith in his Son's sacrifice for us. )

Abraham believed God and this was counted to him as righteous. Faith is knowing the one you trust and believes in, and that is Jesus. By believing and accepting Jesus as our Lord and Savior we are justified. To be justified is to be declared righteous. But how can this be when at times we fall short? When we believe in Jesus, God imputes His righteousness to us, and we are declared righteous before God. What a blessing! Even though we have sinned, we don't have to face His judgement. It will not be held against us or brought up again.

I URGE YOU TO ACCEPT CHRIST AS YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY.

FAITH IS BELIEVING IN GOD NO MATTER WHAT....JUSTIFICATION IS BEING RIGHT WITH GOD...MY OWN WORDS..TO BE RIGHTEOUS WITH GOD!!!

FOR ABRAHAM THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN FAITH AND JUSTIFICATION WAS THAT ABRAHAM BELIEVED GOD AND TRUST IN GOD. SO IT WAS ABRAHAM FAITH THAT ALLOWS ABRAHAM TO BE JUSTIFY THROUGH FAITH. FOR US THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN FAITH AND JUSTIFICATION IS BASISCALLY THE SAME, BECAUSE IT IS THROUGH FAITH THAT WE CAN COME TO GOD,WE WERE ACTUALLY ENEMY WITH GOD. BUT THROUGH HIS DEATH ON THE CROSS,THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN GOD AND US WERE NOW CHANGE, THROUGH FAITH WE ARE NOW JUSTIFIED, WE NOW BELIEVE AND TRUST IN GOD. TO BE JUSTIFIED MEANS TO BE FREE,BEING AQUITED OF ALL CHARGES.