JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Christ Died for the Ungodly

Q3. (Romans 5:6, 8) Why is it so important to embrace the truth that "Christ died for the ungodly" (5:6), that "Christ died for sinners" (5:8)? According to 5:8, did Christ die for us at our best or at our worst? How does this give us assurance against the devil's lies about us being too bad to forgive?

:P Becasue Christ died for the ungodly and everyone is ungodly before we are saved. The only thing that makes us godly is the Holy Spirit that He gives us after we ask Him to come into our hearts. He died for us when we were at our worst. He forgives even the vilest sinner.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q3. (Romans 5:6, 8) Why is it so important to embrace the truth that "Christ died for the ungodly" (5:6), that "Christ died for sinners" (5:8)? According to 5:8, did Christ die for us at our best or at our worst? How does this give us assurance against the devil's lies about us being too bad to forgive?

:P Becasue Christ died for the ungodly and everyone is ungodly before we are saved. The only thing that makes us godly is the Holy Spirit that He gives us after we ask Him to come into our hearts. He died for us when we were at our worst. He forgives even the vilest sinner.

• 3 weeks later...

It is very important that we embrace the truth that Christ died for sinners and the ungodly. God has manifested His great love for us by sending His Son, our LORD and Savior, to save us from eternal death. Jesus was crucified, buried and rose to take sin and death captive and give to us eternal life. God and Jesus, the Father and the Son, gave us the Holy Spirit to comfort and guide us and to fill our lives with love and truth to enable to live a spirit filled, God centered, Jesus as our example of love, life. Satan tries to confuse us, but God alleviated confusion, through His Holy Word and His Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Truth. Satan tries to deceive us but the Word of God gives us insight, revelation and discernment. His word bears witness to our spirit and we know the truth. Satan wants us to doubt but it won't work. God loved us when we were yet weak and helpless and unable to save ourselves. He sent His only Son to rescue us, not because we were good enough but because He loves so much.

I believe this is the essence of the whole New Testament. This is like John 3:16 that lets us know that God sent His only Son to die for us. When we truly get a revelation of what really has been offered to us, the magnitude is staggering. Nobody said it better than Jesus when he stated the parable of the 'pearl of great price'(Matt. 13:45) that when it was found all was sold to purchase it and, oh the rejoicing in having it! Satan has tried to make me feel unworthy; he wants me to think that God's love is unattainable to a wretch like me. I now stand boldly when Satan whispers his lies and thank him for reminding me how wonderful Jesus is for saving someone like me.

• 1 month later...

Rom 5:6 For at just the right time, while we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly.

Rom 5:7 For it is rare for anyone to die for a righteous person, though somebody might be brave enough to die for a good person.

Rom 5:8 But God demonstrates his love for us by the fact that Christ died for us while we were still sinners.

While we had no way to put away the wrath of God, He died for us. God had given us His laws but we were unable to follow them...we were sinners and there was no way for us to help ourselves. God with all His love took our place and died for us.

Satan may tell us that the sins we are committing will seperate us from God but we know that during our worst God loved us enough to die for us...so now while we have a relationship with Him...He won't turn His back on us...Satan is a liar pure and simple but I know that the Living God that I love doesn't lie and He has promised us He will never foresake us...so as long as I continue to have faith in my Lord and continue with a relationship, asking forgiveness when I should He will hold me in His love. There will be consequences to my actions but God turning away from me is not one of them

We have to embrace that God died for ungodly and sinners becasue we are ungodly and sinners.

Jesus died when we where at our worst.

that Jesus died at our worst so now we are at our best.

It is important to embrace because it means he died for the ungodly, and actually means he died for every person on this entire Earth. According to 5:8 Christ died for us at our worst not at our best. We have the assurance because Jesus died on the cross for us at our worst.

It is important to embrace the truth that Christ died for the ungodly because that means that he died for ALL of us. All of us are sinners and he died for the sinners (Us). He died for us when we were at our very worst because we as people can die for a righteous man, we wouldn't die for a bad man. But Christ loves us so much, that he would die for everyone when we are at our very very worst. Since Christ has died for us at our worst, we as believers aren't at our worst anymore. So if he can forgive our worst, I bet he'll forgive us no matter what.

• 4 weeks later...

This is important because God's gift of salvation does not depend on anything we have done or can do. It is only a gift that He can freely give to us. Christ died for us when we were at our worst. This makes us sure that we can never be too bad for God to love us and forgive us. We can never be too bad for God to love us. He died for us at our worst moments.

• 3 weeks later...

We should embrace in the truth that Jesus Christ died for all sinners. God loves us just the way we are but loves us too much to leave us the way we are.

Jesus Christ died for us at our worst. None of us have been at our best because we are not perfect.

We have assurance by Jesus Christ shedding his blood on the cross to be forgiven for our sins. God judges sin equally, not like the law of this world.

Thank you, Shirley

• 1 month later...

For my own good I need to begin with the concept of "at just the right time, when we were still powerless..."God is never late. He has, is and always will be on time for everyone of His promises. He had, from the past, promised the Messiah to come and dwell among us, live rigteously and die in our place. He delivered His Promise "at just the right time". Several miracles, several prophets, several rejections later He came "at just the right time". What an awesome concept to meditate on when I realized that no matter the circumstances, the suffering or what I think He should be doing He has, in all His wisdom, chosen the right time to come and live/die for me. The NIV says "when we were still powerless" while the NLT reads "when we were utterly helpless", " yet without strength" KJV says and defines it as "without strength or weak in a spiritual sense, weak with regard to spiritual things". In other words, unable to respond to spiritual things. Unable to see the Light, hear His word or act on it. Why? Because of sin! Sin built a barrier between a Holy/Perfect God and mortals. Colossians 2:13 says that "when we were dead in our trespasses and the uncircumsicion of our flesh, He made us alive". It was Him that had the love and initiative to raise us up from our spiritual slumber to"make us alive with Him.

Christ came and "died for the ungodly"(sinful, sinner). Since we were dead in our tresspasses and enemies of God we had no interest in a relationship with Amighty God. His holiness scares us and drives us away. Our minds were into futile things and demonstrated no interest in the things of God. CHrist came at the right time into history to die for people that desired not a relationship with Him.He did not wait for the "right time" until everyone desired a relationship with Him. His love for us is shown here in an amazing way. How does He demonstrated His love for us? In the unconditional, no strings attatched, selfless, always hoping, always caring, always believing love He sought what was best for us and knowing that diying in our place was what we needed most He did it. Did not ask if we wanted Him to do it but did it on our behalf knowing that many will still reject Him. The mercy, and grace shown here are amazing to anyone that studies it. He, the Almighty, all knowing, all caring God piercing thru the darkness of this world to show His Light and gave us the faith to believe in Him. To Him be all power, and honor and glory !!!Amen If the God that breathed amazingly big stars and put them in their place and calls them by name died in my place when I was not looking for Him, unable and uninterested in a relationship with Him THEN satan has nothing to say about that. Every sin that I have ever committed and will commit has been washed away with the precious blood of the Perfect Lamb. He loved me when I was His enemy how much more now that by His grace He has made me His child. AMAZING GRACE!

I believe that we need to embrace the truth that when Christ died for us we were ungodly. Ungodly meaning we did not have the life of God in us. It does not necessarily mean that we did anything wrong. By nature we were not right with God and therefore had no hope and had no power to change things.

The fact that Christ died for sinners was a demonstration of God's love for us. Christ died for us when we were at our worst condition. We were by nature separated from God. This gives us the assurance that God is not done working in us. God is not going to give up on us. The devil wants us to think that way. He wants us to think that we are not worthy of God's love and God's protection.

But, the bible says that if any man sins, he has an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous (1 John 2:1). All we have to do is come to God and confess our sins, and He is faithful and just to forgive us and cleanse us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9).

• 4 weeks later...
:rolleyes:Q3. (Romans 5:6, 8) Why is it so important to embrace the truth that "Christ died for the ungodly" (5:6), that "Christ died for sinners" (5:8)?

"You see, at just the right time,29 when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly." (5:6)

To embrace this truth that Christ died for the ungodly gives us hope. When one doesn

• 2 weeks later...

Christ loved us so much that He was willing to die for us even though we were sinners. He died when we were at our worst. We have been made right in God's eyes therefore we do not have to believe the devil's lies. When He was on the cross I was on His mind .He knew me yet He loved me

Christ loved us so much that He was willing to die for us even though we were sinners. He died when we were at our worst. We have been made right in God's eyes therefore we do not have to believe the devil's lies. When He was on the cross I was on His mind .He knew me yet He loved me

]Christ loved us so much that He was willing to die for us even though we were sinners. He died when we were at our worst. We have been made right in God's eyes therefore we do not have to believe the devil's lies. When He was on the cross I was on His mind .He knew me yet He loved me

• 2 weeks later...

It is important to embrace the truth because Christ died for us whether we deserved it or not . He died for us even though we didn't deserve it. God's love for us is so great that even though we were sinners are without reproach He still gave His son for us that we might be saved. The most amazing gift that he gave us. The blood of Jesus Christ. So that we could have all of the other gifts that we have talked about so far in this study. So that we could be justified through our faith in Jesus. If Jesus had not died for us, we could not be saved and therefore justified in the eyes of God.

Jesus died for me when I was at my absolute worse. I can never be that bad again while I am truly seeking to follow Him.

Therefore NOTHING I do now can SEPARATE me from Jesus - NO sin is that bad

IT IS LIES FROM THE DEVIL.

THERE IS NOW NO CONDEMNATION FOR THOSE WHO BELIEVE

• 2 weeks later...

I think it is important because we are all ungodly thus being sinners. To embrace the truth sets me free of my sins and bondage. God is giving us this beautiful gift and it is free so how could one not except and embrace it! Christ died for us when we were at our worst. In John 3 vs 16 : For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son; that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. We were ungodly but God loved us even then, so how much more will He love us as we follow Him? :rolleyes:

Christ died when I was at my worst and yet He chose to die - amazing!!!!! That scripture gives us so much hope because so often it is easy to think we have mucked up and there is no way God will continue to love me....and yet He does. God has given us this amazing gift of unconditional love though Christ death.

Devil you have no place in my life telling me I am no good!!!!!!

Christ died for the ungodly--Christ died for sinners, What glorious news. In that while I was a sinner a hater of God,

Christ Jesus died for me. When I was in my weakest state a hell deserving sinner Christ Jesus died for me.

Thankfully the good news did not finish here, but Gods word tells me that Jesus Christ came into this world to seek and to save sinners, just like me.

Only Gods love could understand and form a plan that would take a sinner like me and redeem me by the blood of the Lamb.

Thank you Lord