JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. The Holy Spirit as Mediator, Intercessor, Counselor

Q3. (Romans 8:26-27) How does the Holy Spirit act as a Helper or Mediator or Intercessor in verses 26-27?

The Holy Spirit knows our heart and what we need. He intercedes in our behalf according to the Will of God for our lives.

What similarities do you see between the Holy Spirit's ministry here with Jesus' teaching of the Spirit's ministry as Counselor/Comforter/Paraclete in John 14:16 and 15:26)?

They are one and the same, standing before our Father in our behalf.

Why do you think we tend to take the Holy Spirit for granted or fail to understand His ministry to and through us?

It

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Holy Spirit is the one that Jesus sent to help us. He says that it is better that He leave so the Spirit could come. This tells me that the Spirit has exceptional power to lead us according to the life we are intended to live. He sees all the flaws we have and interceeds so we can walk down a righteous path, even in our weak and frail condition. I believe the Sministry of Jesus and the Spirit are similar because they both do the will of God the Father. When we are defeated in overcoming our own shortfalls, we are failing to understand the power that is truly offered to us by the Spirit. I pray that we (I know i'm guilty) gain the faith that we can overcome our sin, whether it be a temper, low esteem, overeating, etc., through the Spirit that Jesus so graciously sent us.

• 4 months later...

Q3. (Romans 8:26-27) How does the Holy Spirit act as a Helper or Mediator or Intercessor in verses 26-27?

The Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness and intercedes for us in prayer with groans words cannot express all in acordance with God's will.

What similarities do you see between the Holy Spirit's ministry here with Jesus' teaching of the Spirit's ministry as Counselor/Comforter/Paraclete in John 14:16 and 15:26)?

Jesus asked the Father to give us another Counselor or Spirit of Truth. The Spirit lives in us and is with us. Jesus's ministry culminated in salvation or breaking the bondage of sin over man. The Holy Spirit is in us to guide us and help us overcome sin which is in us.

Why do you think we tend to take the Holy Spirit for granted or fail to understand His ministry to and through us?

The Holy Spirit is unseen and intangible. Our human nature for independence inferferes with allowing us to be led by the Spirit.

Q3. (Romans 8:26-27) How does the Holy Spirit act as a Helper or Mediator or Intercessor in verses 26-27?26 "In the same way, the Spirit helps 188

us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. 27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will." (8:26-27)

<H3 style="MARGIN: auto 0in"> What similarities do you see between the Holy Spirit's ministry here with Jesus' teaching of the Spirit's ministry as Counselor/Comforter/Paraclete in John 14:16 and 15:26)? John 14:16-17 (English Standard Version)16And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another(A) Helper,[a] to be with you forever, 17even(B) the Spirit of truth,(C) whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and(D) will be in you.</H3><H3 style="MARGIN: auto 0in">John 15:26 (English Standard Version) 26"But(A) when the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father,(B) he will bear witness about me.</H3><H3 style="MARGIN: auto 0in auto 0.5in; TEXT-INDENT: -0.25in; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">

• 1 month later...
Q3. (Romans 8:26-27) How does the Holy Spirit act as a Helper or Mediator or Intercessor in verses 26-27? What similarities do you see between the Holy Spirit's ministry here with Jesus' teaching of the Spirit's ministry as Counselor/Comforter/Paraclete in John 14:16 and 15:26)? Why do you think we tend to take the Holy Spirit for granted or fail to understand His ministry to and through us?

The Spirit prays for us for we may not know how to pray, so when the Spirit is praying for us the one who searches our hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is. They all intertwine with one another. They are the same. If someone is taking the Holy Spirit for granted it could be that they really do not know the Lord. This is something one has to believe in. You cannot see it or hear it, so that could make it hard to understand His ministry to and thru us. In John 20 vs 29 Jesus said to him, "Thomas because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe." In John 14 vs 16 Jesus tells us that the Father will send the Helper that He may abide in us for ever, but in vs 17 He tells us that the world cannot receive Him because they cannot see Him or know Him but because we know Him,He will dwell in us. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Q3. (Romans 8:26-27) How does the Holy Spirit act as a Helper or Mediator or Intercessor in verses 26-27? What similarities do you see between the Holy Spirit's ministry here with Jesus' teaching of the Spirit's ministry as Counselor/Comforter/Paraclete in John 14:16 and 15:26)? Why do you think we tend to take the Holy Spirit for granted or fail to understand His ministry to and through us?

How lost we would be in this world if we did not have the hjoly spirit to guide and keep us, the holy spirit takes our childlike prayers and requests and presents them to our God in such a wonderful way that they gain meaning and greedance.

How wonderful is the knowledge that we have one who cares so much for us that He intercedes for us.

Yes, I do take the Holy spirit for granted and oftens times do not afford to the Holy spirit the office that it really deserves but thankfully I have a God that see my heart and understands me.

Thankyou Lord for saving me.

• 2 months later...

the spirit tells us what to pray for

will Jesus says that the spirit knows what is in us and romans says the spirit is in us.

we can not say him so we take him for granted.

the holy spirit try to tell me what pray for. between Jesus and holy spirit the holy

spirit is protecting us and live in us, and jesus is the savior the helps us our sins.

If wetry to tend to understand the holy spirits is telling us maybe we don't fail to understand these teachings.

he helps as a Mediator in verses 26-27 by helping us in our weakness and when we do not know what to pray for when we pray he helps us.the same thing is that in both passages they say that Jesus helps us in both passages.We do that because we always think that we can do thngs by our self.

Rom 8:26 In the same way the Spirit also comes to help us, weak as we are. For we do not know how we ought to pray; the Spirit himself pleads with God for us in groans that words cannot express.

Rom 8:27 And God, who sees into our hearts, knows what the thought of the Spirit is; because the Spirit pleads with God on behalf of his people and in accordance with his will.

The Holy Spirit knowing of God's will intercedes for us...speaks for us according to what is needed. There are times when we do not know what we need but the Holy Spirit which lives within us does and speaks directly to the Lord for our benefit.

Joh 14:16 I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, who will stay with you forever.

Joh 15:26 "The Helper will come---the Spirit, who reveals the truth about God and who comes from the Father. I will send him to you from the Father, and he will speak about me.

Jesus promised us that a helper would come abide with us forever and that Helper will be there to guide us in the will of the Lord.

I believe we take the Holy Spirit for granted because for one thing we can not see Him and what we can not see at times we do not have enough faith in...also we do not take the time in our lives to actually listen to what He is saying...we depend on our own devices which most time in the end fail us. We believe so often that we can do it on our own. Because of this time and time again we need to remind ourselves of who exactly is living within us. God himself...and if He is there to help should we not listen

• 1 month later...

I've thought about this question a lot (taking the Holy Spirit for granted). I noticed that several people on this forum have referred to the Holy Spirit as "it." I, too, have made that mistake over and over again, and I have to be conscious of it. The Holy Spirit is a person, but it is hard for us to remember to cultivate a relationship with him because in many denominations we are taught a lot about the Father and Jesus but not the Holy Spirit. He is not really taught to children that often, and our praise songs rarely mention him. I will admit that I rarely think of his involvement in my prayers, and I forget that he is a mediator and counselor. This lesson is a great reminder.

• 1 month later...

Q3. (Romans 8:26-27) How does the Holy Spirit act as a Helper or Mediator or Intercessor in verses 26-27? By praying with us and through us to God and in so doing expressing for us what we cannot understand, see or articulate.

What similarities do you see between the Holy Spirit's ministry here with Jesus' teaching of the Spirit's ministry as Counselor/Comforter/Paraclete in John 14:16 and 15:26)? Jesus describes the Spirit as a counselor or helper/ mediator. This is exactly the role which Paul describes the spirit as fulfilling in Romans 8.

Why do you think we tend to take the Holy Spirit for granted or fail to understand His ministry to and through us? The Spirit is in us and with us always. Every minute of every day. He is guiding us constantly. This makes it very easy for us to imagine that we are doing things ourselves. In fact it is the Spirit at work within us, but because He is always at work, we take it for granted.

• 1 month later...

How does the Holy Spirit act as a Helper or Mediator or Intercessor in verses 26-27? The Holy Spirit knows our hearts and will speak to God on our behalf. He will express the feelings, concerns, and joy to our Father what we can't express but nevertheless feel and prayers.

What similarities do you see between the Holy Spirit's ministry here with Jesus' teaching of the Spirit's ministry as Counselor/Comforter/Paraclete in John 14:16 and 15:26?

In John 14:16, the Holy Spirit is coming to comfort us and will teach us what God wants us to know. There is a similarity because the Holy Spirit knows what we are feeling even if we can't express it, so, therefore, He is able to comfort us.

Since the Holy Spirit is with us all the time, it is easy for us to think that we did things on our own. Only when we pray for specific events to turn out a particular way, do many of us acknowledge God's intervention and the help of the Holy Spirit.

• 2 months later...

The Holy Spirit helps us pray to God with "groans that words cannot express." We're powerless without the Spirit, for "we do not know what we ought to pray for." Likewise, Jesus, who reconciles us to God, also intercedes for us that God may forgive our sins. We take so many things in our lives for granted, not realizing that the Spirit works through us all the time and saves us from many troubles. To appreciate His work and presence, a sense of gratitude for everything is needed.

• 1 month later...

Q3. (Romans 8:26-27) How does the Holy Spirit act as a Helper or Mediator or Intercessor in verses 26-27? What similarities do you see between the Holy Spirit's ministry here with Jesus' teaching of the Spirit's ministry as Counsellor/Comforter/Paraclete in John 14:16 and 15:26)? Why do you think we tend to take the Holy Spirit for granted or fail to understand His ministry to and through us?

http://www.joyfulheart.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=823

Rom 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helps our infirmities. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Rom 8:27 And He searching the hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, so that He may be with you forever,

John 14:17 the Spirit of Truth, whom the world cannot receive because it does not see Him nor know Him. But you know Him, for He dwells with you and shall be in you.

John 15:26 And when the Comforter has come, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He shall testify of Me.

The Holy Spirit helps us by talking to us, pointing out what

• 2 weeks later...

The Holy Spirit come to our defense before God. Thank God when we are struggling, weak and ignorant; He comes along side and takes us through.

The Holy Spirit's role here is the same, it's interwined.

We take the Holy Spirit for granted when we fail to appreciate His role in our life and accept the sufferings, the lack of, being less than God wants us to be. In many cases it is pure ignorance, lack of knowledge. So we are destroyed in so many areas where we should be standing strong.

The Spirit helps us to pray (vs. 26).

He searches our souls and pleas for us (vs. 27).

Jesus was physical but the Spirit is spiritual.

Both are there to serve the people to bring them to God.

The Spirit is difficult to understand.

He's also very controversial.

A Dutch referant talked about voltage.

In Dutch houses, we have 220 Volt.

Most apparates need far less.

So sometimes we need so little of the Spirit to do something, we don't notice Him.

Or we just don't suspect Him to be involved.

However, He's still at work.

• 2 weeks later...

ANS - The Holy Spirit knows us, and knows our weaknesses. He steps in, prays, and intercedes for us in a supernatural way, and in a way we cannot understand - He prays & intercedes in accordance with God's will. He helps us as a Father would help His children.

ANS - It is very similar and a parallel description - He is our counselor, and lives within us. "Pareakletos" - He is our mediator, our intercessor, and our helper.

ANS - Because we would rather depend on our own strength and efforts to get us through life's difficult situations, rather than through the help of the Holy Spirit. And it may be that too many Christians just don't know how to intercede in the Spirit, nor understand or see its benefits. We don't take time to discipline ourselves to get close to, and get intimate with, the Holy Spirit.

How does the Holy Spirit act as a Helper or Mediator or Intercessor in verses 26-27?

The Holy Spirit prays for us....even groans to the Father our need when we do not know how to pray or what to do. He intercedes on our behalf.

Jesus promised us He would ask the Father for another counselor that would remain with us forever. Jesus also intercedes for us...He has walked this human life and is there to tell the Father our pain and need.

Perhaps we are just not fully aware that He is totally and completely God....He is here with us since Jesus left the world and stays as the part of the God head on earth with us. We need to be open to asking for His help...His mercy.

• 3 weeks later...

We as believers sometimes do not know how to pray and what for and so the Holy Spirit helps us or speaks to God on our behalf, because the Holy Spirit knows our hearts and can speak to God in ways that words can not describe it. God believes what the Spirit tells him, because God knows the mind of the Spirit

• 1 month later...

Answer:

1.How does the Holy Spirit act as a Helper or Mediator or Intercessor in verses 26-27.

The Holy Spirit Know all things in Spirit realm,things that are supernatural.HE KNOWS ALL THINGS.

1 John 2:20- But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

The Holy Spirit know things that are in line with the Will of God in our life,things that we can miss in our natural mind.When we are born again,it is only 1/3 part of us that is totally redeem,that is our Spirit.This same Spirit who is alive in us,will mediate in our behalf,groaning to Jesus in language that we can

The Spirit helps us in our weakness and intercedes for us when we cannot express something in words. John 14:16 and 15:26 refer to the Holy Spirit as a helper and a guide. I think we take the Holy Spirit for granted because we come to expect His help. We forgot how much we would flounder without Him.

• 1 month later...

3. a. The Holy Spirit helps us in our weaknesses by making intercession for the saints according to the will of God,with groanings that cannot be uttered.

b. Intercessor, helper, comforter, the Spirit of truth who abides with us forever who testifies of Jesus.

c. We sometimes forget that the Holy Spirit lives within us and we lean on ourselves when he is available to help , us, intercede for us, comfort us, uplift us, reveal truth, secrets to us and testify of Jesus. We have nothing of our own everything that is good in us comes from God .....fruits of the spirit, peace, righteousness, life, breath, strength, etc.........