JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. The Promise of Romans 8:28

God's promise is that in all things He works for the good of those who love Him and have been called to His purpose.

It means that whatever happens in our lives, (good or bad), God will bring it all together so that it will be for our ultimate good. eg) Something really awful may have happened in our lives, but by learning to cope with it God changes us inside, and later we are able to help many other people going through the same kind of problem.

The two qualifications for receiving this promise are that we must love the Lord and we must acknowledge Him as Lord and Saviour and be obedient to Him.

Verse 28 gives me hope because it shows me God is in control and that whatever happens in my life, He will use it as part of His Master Plan to bring glory to Himself.

God bless,

Love from Greta

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q1. (Romans 8:28) What is the actual promise contained in verse 28? And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose

Since we belong to Him, we

• 4 weeks later...

Q1. (Romans 8:28) What is the actual promise contained in verse 28? What does this promise mean? Put it in your own words. What are the two qualifications to the recipients of this promise? How does verse 28 give you hope?

The Promise

All things are worked together for good to those who respond to the call of Christ Jesus.

The meaning of the Promise

From the discussion I'd perhaps translate the passage in the above words, so that 'all things' become the subject of God's work for those who respond to His invitation.

This is an amazing power that God uses on behalf of His chosen people, that everything, even that which is purposed against us, is turned to creative, positive, beneficial advantage. We live in the middle of a great tsunami of love, and when the waves get rough the power of love is more greatly displayed. How fantastic it is to know this when life seems unmanageable! There is no such thing as unmanageable with our God. There is only benefit. Though we go through the valley of the shadow of death, we go with God, whose rod and staff comfort us there, and we know that we face an abundant table upon which our cup runs over, that goodness and mercy follow in our train, there is nothing to fear and boldness is our pathway, and we live eternally in the very presence of God. All this makes the valley of the shadow of death almost desirable! Certainly we cannot experience many of God's more advanced blessings, or Christian maturation, except by going through it with Him. In fact, to this we are committed by the taking of communion so that we enter into His death and resurrection.

To put it in my own words, I might say "There is no evil on the face of this earth that will not bring benefit for the one whose trust is in the Most High God." The greatest thing available to us on the face of this earth is the knowledge of God, and of His Son, Jesus Christ, and the intimacy of His presence and love. Going through any life circumstance with Him will only strengthen the relationship of trust that we have with Him, the power of love expressed in our lives, the power of truth to set us free of the shackles of our carnal nature and send us flying into the high reaches of the eagles that rise on the wind of the Spirit.

Recipient Qualifications

1. Recipients are called into the purpose of God

2. Responsive to that call by full immersion into the purposes of God.

How does v28 bring hope?

Verse 28 has always been the certainty that breeds hope when none is visible, life when death surrounds, joy when misery is in flood, strength when there seems no carpet under my feet. It is so good to be certain that God has all knowledge of every tiny detail, and that as Joseph suffered for good in Egypt, so all the trials of God's children will bear stunning fruit, for we are in Christ Jesus, both in His death and in His resurrection, by His mercy and grace.

When we have heard God's call and answered it by loving and obeying him, we can trust God to work things out for our good. The two qualifications are that we must have accepted God as our savior and love him. God is in my life every day but when things are going wrong and there's nothing more that I can do but sit and worry, I won't do that. That's when I get in the Bible and study hard. I know that everything is going to work out if I just trust in him.

Q1. (Romans 8:28) What is the actual promise contained in verse 28? What does this promise mean? Put it in your own words. What are the two qualifications to the recipients of this promise? How does verse 28 give you hope?

This is what I get out of the verse. God knows who already is His, and who will come to Him in the future. So-He has us covered, either way! So when I am going through a tough time, or when something bad happens to me, I only need remember that God is working things out for me, to His glory! Knowing that God is looking out for me, and protecting me-well folks, it just don't get any better than that!

Just know that in order to qualify for this, we have to be saved, or accept Jesus as our savior, and our hearts must be right, or, in other words, confess daily (or more often if needed ;) ) our sins. God can not be in the presence of sin.

Q1. (Romans 8:28) What is the actual promise contained in verse 28?

In all things, God works for the good for those that love Him.

What does this promise mean?

This promise means that He has a purpose for everything that happens.

Put it in your own words. What are the two qualifications to the recipients of this promise?

The two qualifications are (1) Love Him (2)Respond to His call

How does verse 28 give you hope?

That no matter what happens, God is still in control. :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

the promise is that all things work together for the good of those that Love God.

The two qualifications to the recipents of this promise is that you accept him and obey him through His Word.

That all things will work for my good.

• 4 weeks later...

I think that the promise means that whatever we do to screw up our lives, we can come back under God's grace with a repentent heart and God will, miracuously, draw some good out of our mess. We are told the good news that all things will work together for those who love God and those who choose to pursue His call on their life.

• 4 months later...

The promise is ".....God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." The promise means God is able to turn evil into good, initiate events, respond creatively to evil attacks, turn evil back upon itself and bring ultimate victory.

The two qualifications are

1. The promise is for those who love God.

2. The promise is for those who are called according to his purpose.

The promise is for those who love him and who have responded to his call. Verse 28 gives me hope simply because I love God and I am responding to his call to fulfill my role or purpose in this life....... all for his glory. :rolleyes:

• Q1. (Romans 8:28)
  • What is the actual promise contained in verse 28?The promise in verse 28 is that God can bring good out of evil for those who love God and who are called to live for the Lord.
  • What does this promise mean? Put it in your own words. This promise means that God can bring good out of bad situations and for those who love God and live for Him, all things will eventually work out for good even though there may be many trials that we do not understand.
  • What are the two qualifications to the recipients of this promise?The two qualification are that one must love God and and be called according to His purpose.
  • How does verse 28 give you hope? This verse gives hope in that when we are undergoing difficulties in life, we can rest assured that God can eventually make them work out for good if we love Him and serve Him. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

The promise is that God is with us no matter what or where we are.It means that whether it is good or bad all will be worked together for the good of Gods work in us, who love God and who are called according to His purpose. We have to love God, and be called by Him. It gives me hope that no matter what is going on in my life right now, that God is in control and all is for a reason and His purpose. :rolleyes:

God my Father is working in my life no matter what comes along He has shown to me that every thing works for good and for His glory.

What a blessed assurance that we as sinners saved by grace are in Gods plan.

Blessed assurance Jesus is mine oh! what a fore taste of glory devine.

Thank you Lord for saving me.

• 3 months later...

that the people that loves and does what god says that he works for them.

that god will put everything right if it is good or bad.

if you love him and do what he says.

that i know everything will be alright

Romans 8:28 What is the actual promise contained in verse 28? What does this promise mean? Put it in your own words. What are the two qualifications to the recipients of this promise? How does verse 28 give you hope?

1. The promise was that God plan is to love him and God is doing his works.

2. the promise means that is to let god to change the evil into happiness.

3. one, god let us choose between good or evil. two, God can change that when we die if it bad happens then he can change it.

4. that if anything happens when the world turn to evil, then god can chang it into good.

1. (Romans 8:28) What is the actual promise contained in verse 28? What does this promise mean? Put it in your own words. What are the two qualifications to the recipients of this promise? How does verse 28 give you hope?

Rom 8:28 We know that in all things God works for good with those who love him, those whom he has called according to his purpose.

The promise is that God will do works of good for all of the people who love him. It means that God will make the bad things have good effects. You have to do what he tells. God will make me safe forever!

Romans 8:28:

And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose

God promises to us who are believers that He will work out all that happens to His Glory and His good. This means that all that happens to us can have a Godly purpose ...we may know at some point what that was and some times we will not know but we have His promise which is unfailing to know that good will come about. This promise is to those who were called and accepted that calling from the Lord...the saved. For me this helps to get me through the times of hardship. I can know in my heart that something good will come out of the darkness...whether it be for myself or for others.

• 3 weeks later...

That God works for the good of all who love Him. He will always be there for us and grant us our needs. We must be called according to His purpose.

• 2 weeks later...

It gives me hope knowing that whatever trial I'm going through now, it is just one small part of the big picture of God's plan. When I am in the midst of it, it is often hard to realize. For example. I am going through some significant parenting challenges these days. This passage is helping me keep the perspective that this challenge is going to work together for the good with everything else in my life and my daughter's life. Perhaps we will both become better problem-solvers. Perhaps I am becoming equipped to support other parents in the future. I just have to remember that every day of my life and every choice I make is a part of God's larger purpose.

• 1 month later...

Q1. (Romans 8:28) What is the actual promise contained in verse 28? What does this promise mean? Put it in your own words. God sees the big picture in our lives, and whatever else is happening at a particular point in time, God has a plan. Within that plan God will ensure that everything will come together for good for those who love Him and who are responsive to His will.

What are the two qualifications to the recipients of this promise? The 2 qualifications are that the recipients of this promise must love God and

• 5 weeks later...

What is the actual promise contained in verse 28? What does this promise mean? It means that all trials we go through will bring us closer to God if we love HIm and are doing His will. All the problems we face will make us stronger and give us more insight into human nature and the nature of God. God will help us see situations the way He wants us to see them. In other words, we're not responding with emotion but with the spirit of God in these situations.

• 2 months later...

Verse 28 promises the believer that all that happens to them is worked by God for their good. The two qualifications of this promise are "those who love him" and "those who have been called". This promise, then, is for the truly committed follower of Christ. What a reassuring promise! This verse is really comforting to me as I have been struggling with a sense of alienation from God in the past few days. God's love speaks and comforts in His Words!

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.joyfulheart.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=826

Rom 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

The promise is that all things work together for good to those who love God. It means that what we are asking (praying) for will come to pass for those who love God if what we are asking for is in Gods will.

2 Qualifications

1. Those who love God

2. Those who are called according to His purpose.

This gives me hope that as a believer, I can trust my Father to answer my prayers according to His will. Amen

• 3 weeks later...

Q1. (Romans 8:28) What is the actual promise contained in verse 28?

The actual promise contained in verse 28 is for those who love God and who have responded to his call,they can be certain that God will cause everything to work out for their good.

What does this promise mean? Put it in your own words.

This promise mean that regardless of the circumstances God has me covered. Everything will work out for my benefit.

What are the two qualifications to the recipients of this promise?

The two qualifications to the receipients of this promise are that they love God and that they respond to His call for their lives.

How does verse 28 give you hope?

I have hope because I love God and I am responding to His call for my life.

That God will turn bad things into good things for His followers.

So maybe Satan let something bad happen but God will turn it that way it will benefit us in the end.

This is for people who love God and anwer to their calling.

This gives hope when something bad happens.

Then we don't think that God lost.