JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q5. Blessings and Conflicts

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Conflict seems to draw our attention away from the blessings of God and the move of God in our lives. . . My parents often told me that the squeaky will get the oil. . .

It seems that as the blessings of God began to manifest in our lives - the devil increases his antagonism in an attempt to distract us - but in spite of that God's desire is to bless us, and His promises to prosper us always come to pass. . .

B)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

5a)We allow the conflicts/devils ways. to overshadow the many blessings we receive of family, home, warmth, food, God’s love & care.

b)God wants us to be totally reliant on him, as he knows we think less of him when things go wll for us.

c) God is our refuge & help in trouble Psalm 46:1. he will never leave us nor forsake. In Christ we have his power to overcome all things.

• 11 months later...

I think that the reason that we don’t see God’s blessings during the everyday conflicts in our lives because we are consecrating on the conflict and not on God. Blessings and conflicts so often come at the same time because we need to conflict in order to get the blessing. Our only hope that we have in the midst of our struggles knows that God is with us at all times.

• 2 years later...

Q5. Why do we often fail to see God�s blessings during the everyday conflicts of our lives?

Like it stated in the text, we are looking for a rose garden. If I'm following God, then everything should always come out right. Hard times are for those that don't know the Lord. We forget that Jesus said My yoke is easy and my burdens are lite. We also forget that He also said take up thy cross and follow me and told the disciples that they would suffer for the gospel. If they people that talked, walked, ate, laughed, and watched Him die then saw Him come back had to suffer then why shouldn't we? Moreover, Jesus suffered and did nothing wrong, why shouldn't we that have to die daily to our sin?

Why do blessings and conflicts so often come at the same time?

I'm learning that it builds the character that God wants in you. You can't learn without the conflict. You also don't have a story/testimony with out it.

What hope do we have in the midst of our struggles?

Jesus. He said He'd never leave us for forsake us.

• 6 years later...

Q5. Why do we often fail to see God's blessings during the everyday conflicts of our lives?

Why do blessings and conflicts so often come at the same time?

What hope do we have in the midst of our struggles?

Too often our  focus is on the conflicts and trying to cope  (on our own, instead of relying on our Lord and Saviour).  Many times we do not recognize something as a blessing because it was not what we had asked for.  Sometimes a so called conflict/problem becomes a blessing in disguise. 

For a shoe to be of use it needs a foot; for a glove to be of any use, it needs a hand; for a gift to be of any use it not only needs to be opened (if wrapped) but needs to be used.   So also for us to recognize a blessing, we need a so called conflict in our life.

The hope we have is that we do not need to face these struggles alone. Christ has promised to be with us. So the struggles and storms may come BUT He is with us in these trials, troubles, storms, struggles etc.