JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In this lesson Jesus is teaching us that people have many different types of faith,those whose faith is not rooted securely in good soil fall away quickly.These are people who start off with good intentions, but do not seek Jesus fully with their entire being. They hang on to SELF, do not surrender their entire existence to Christ Jesus.. I had this problem when I first came home to Jesus and recommitted myself to him in 2005 through water baptism. I was so enthusiastic and had a great outward show of FAITH! But inwardly I had not matured spiritually enough to let go of Self, REPENT, and ACTIVELY seek Christ. Through many trial Jesus has brought me to, and through, since then (and I thank you Jesus for the trouble and trials!) I have began a new process of growth.I think every new Christian goes through times where they may experience one or any number of the types of faith Jesus mentions in his message here. Through trial and tribulations I have truly gained a repentant heart, not just an outward public show, but a true spiritual growth.

Sin separates us from Christ Jesus, repentance brings us back home! SO in conclusion, many people fall short because they refuse to repent,refuse to turn from "self' and the evil of the earthly world and enter the realm of true spiritual growth .I pray fervently that Jesus continues to grow me (spiritual growth

is a lifelong process) so my faith is deeply rooted in the finest of soil.

According to Jesus teaching people fall away for assorted reasons. Some when they hear the word are never really planted because satan comes along and devours anything of value right away. Others hear the word, listen closely but don't put down roots because of circumstances in their lives. They think it's too hard and don't have perseverance so they can get to know God and His faithfulness and they fall away. Others hear the Word and embrace it, but never really grow. They like the milk and their roots are shallow. They believe SOME of what they hear but never embrace a life of following Jesus and what that means. Some receive and yet the truth gets choked out by the Gospel PLUS anything and everything. Some though, embrace the truth and embrace God and have changed lives to live for Him.

The problem is in embracing the truth, knowing truth and living truth. Many people know truth but don't live truth. So many have head knowledge but no relationship with the One who will walk with them through anything! It's a heart to heart relationship and nothing less!

Q1. (Matthew 13:20-21) Why, according to Jesus' teaching here, do some people fall away so quickly?

There is an email that float around from time to time about apples and apple trees that relates very well to Jesus' teaching. Some people would rather go for the apples that are on the lower branches or on the ground because they're fast and easy, but not necessarily the best. If we want the best apples, we have to work for them because they might be on the upper portion of the tree.

Some people what quick and easy answers or solution to there problems instead of waiting for the best solutions. When in doubt, "Wait on the LORD;

Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the LORD!" (Psalms 27:14).

Other people will hang with the Word as long as things are going great, but as soon as trouble arises, they think that God's way is taking too long or they have a better solution...pa-lezze!

What is their problem?

Instead of studying, believing and staying in the Word, people are letting the news, government and the world, in general, dictate their beliefs and decisions. BTW...society is going in down the wrong path...just my opinion and I'm entitled to it!!!

According to the Bible those who fall away are those who have no root in them. When trials and difficulties come they loose heart and give up. It is a good possibility that they never truly repented of their sins. My husband and I see people who say they know Jesus, but their life does not show. They have a profession but not a posession. Those on good ground will produce fruit. The Bible says you will know them by their fruit.

Q1. (Matthew 13:20-21) Why, according to Jesus' teaching here, do some people fall away so quickly? What is their problem?

http://www.joyfulheart.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=997

Mat 13:20 The seeds that fell on rocky ground stand for those who receive the message gladly as soon as they hear it.

Mat 13:21 But it does not sink deep into them, and they don't last long. So when trouble or persecution comes because of the message, they give up at once.

When first heard the Gospel message sounds like a wonderful way to live. But to break old habits and have a change of heart is extremely difficult. It is much easier to revert back to one

They fall away because they are "surface" Christians. When it is fair weather--they're fine, but when foul weather comes, troubles, persecution, they fall away. Roots not deep enough....

Q1. (Matthew 13:20-21) Why, according to Jesus' teaching here, do some people fall away so quickly? What is their problem?

Matthew 13:20-21 - The one who received the seed that fell on rocky places is the man who hears the word and at once receives it with joy. But since he has no root, he lasts only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, he quickly falls away.

They hear God's Word and they are caught up in the excitement. They think that it is going to be easy, but when they realize that there is a real commitment, then they have second thoughts. When the original excitement is over, they turn away. They forget that they need to repent and truly want to be with the Lord. Their problem is the lack of commitment and willing to put in the genuine time to be with the Lord.

Q1. (Matthew 13:20-21)

Why, according to Jesus' teaching here, do some people fall away so quickly?

What is their problem?

Jesus is speaking about people who impulsively accept the message with enthusiasm. They even, for a short time, may be affected by it. Once the spell has subsided, or at the first signs of trouble they forget the message and return to their former sinful life; so there is no thought of repentance. These, so called,

There are a few reasons why people fall away, first off they probably never really surrendered their lives to Jesus, I think maybe they like the idea of being a Christian but when they realize what this will entail they give up and think it's to difficult. They like to be in charge of their own lives and don't quite understand the sacrifice it takes. Then Satan will come in and tell them lies about what the world has to offer and because we are inclined toward the world they just fall back into their old lifestyle. I believe if someone is truly repentant(they turn from their sins) they will seek the Lord they won't need someone to hold their hand, sure they might have questions that need answering but for the most part the will seek out the Lord on their own.

People are sometimes caught up in the sensationalism of a revival or sermon. Their emotions catch them offgaurd. So, temporarily they pray the prayer and go about their day. When things are going good, people forget to praise God for the blessings He has given them; but when the bad times arise, the think God isn't with them. Living a Christian life isn't like a off/on switch. It takes time and conviction. It takes study and prayer. People become resistant to change. Becoming a Christian is a change---a change of living, thinking, and believing.