JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Evangelism, Grace, and Judgment

• 2 months later...

Q2. (Luke 14:15-24) In what way is the Parable of the Great Banquet about grace? In what way is it about judgment? In what way is it about evangelism? To what End Time event does the great banquet point??

God has made a great provision for the salvation of men's souls.

God

In what way is the Parable of the Great Banquet about grace?

The Great Banquet is about grace in that God desires that all come to eat at His table...He wants the place to be completley full and waits so pateintly for us to get it....to come to Him of our choice and accpet His mercy and grace.

In what way is it about judgment?

It is about judgement in that we are given that choice....to come to the banquet or have the door shut and not be allowed admittance. God wants us to choose Him and His love....and He abides so patiently...but one day the time will be over.

In what way is it about evangelism?

It is about evangelism in that Jesus wants everyone to have heard the gospel, to have that chance and choise to come and share at His table or have made the opposite choice. He holds off closing the door until all have heard and then the time will come to the end.

To what End Time event does the great banquet point?

It will be a time of the rapturing of the church and then the end times with the anti-Christ.

Q. (Luke 14:15-24) In what way is the Parable of the Great Banquet about grace? In what way is it about judgment? In what way is it about evangelism? To what End Time event does the great banquet point?

The parable is about grace, The love of Christ and his saving Grace is offered to all, it is a GIFT, given freely from our God. But one must accept the gift, put aside all other things, seek to know Him, and walk in obedience to His word.

Judgment Is about God's wrath on those who do not enter the Kingdom of God, who do not accept Jesus Christ as their Savior,as the Son of God, Supreme Being. Worship OTHER gods or put off accepting Jesus as their savior until it's to late.

Evangelism It is our duty as Christians to spread and share the word of Jesus Christ. To let His love shine through us in a way which honors Him and walk in obedience to Him. We as Christan (Christ Living in us-we are reconciled to God through His son) are to be an example of Christ to others.

The End Time Is the second coming of Jesus Christ (The Rapture) All who have accepted Christ as their savior we will be gathered together at the great banquet in heaven.

This parable is about grace in that everyone has a choice to come in and feast. Any who accept are welcome to come. Even when we do not live perfect lives.....to accept by GOD'S grace is the way we can come.

It is about judgment because those who do not accept will be judged! If anyone thinks they "do" enough or are "perfect" enough to enter in, they will be judged. It is by grace we are saved. The leaders in the parable thought their place was secure because of who they thought THEY were. The outcast came because they were grateful to the host that they were miraculously chosen! When judgment day comes, God will know His own. That's why many will say "But Lord, Lord....didn't we do this or that...." and He will say, "I never knew you." Anyone trying to enter Heaven on a worldly social status needs prayer!

This parable is about evangelism because we are compelled to go out and invite others to the banquet. Another lesson too is in WHO we invite. I see so many invited to come to church that are already saved, that are invited for social status or for what they can financially give to the church or what they have to offer through education etc. We are to go and invite those who are lost, those who can't pay us back. We are to invite the outcast, those limping along and in need of CHRIST!

The end time event talked about here is the wedding feast of the Lamb! And He says, "Come."

Q2. (Luke 14:15-24) In what way is the Parable of the Great Banquet about grace? In what way is it about judgment? In what way is it about evangelism? To what End Time event does the great banquet point?

Well the invitation was extended to all to attend, the imperfect (grace). Depending on the free will choice to come and attend the banquet or may excuses judgment will come. It is offered to all not just a specific group. We are called to proclaim what the Lord has done for us,be a light to the world.

The marriage supper of the Lamb.

Q2. (Luke 14:15-24) In what way is the Parable of the Great Banquet about grace?

God's Grace is shown in abundance by the command to the servant to urge people to come to His feast. The people being invited in this second invitation had done nothing to warrant being invited to such a sumptuous banquet. They were people who would normally not be given a second thought by the upper class of their world. Firstly the poor, the crippled, the lame and the blind, who would hardly expect to be invited to a banquet, are invited . . . then those outside the city, in effect strangers and foreigners, are invited. They wouldn't even know the host of the feast. This parable illustrates God's Grace in throwing the door open to every race and nation.

Those who rejected the first invitation were judged by the host of the banquet: None of those who I invited will taste my feast! Couldn't be any plainer than that.

We are the modern day equivalent of the servant who was told to go and invite others to the feast. How can they come if they're not invited?

I think it refers to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God.

Q2. (Luke 14:15-24) In what way is the Parable of the Great Banquet about grace? In what way is it about judgment? In what way is it about evangelism? To what End Time event does the great banquet point??

The second part of the story focuses on those who had no claim on the king and who would never have considered getting such an invitation. The "poor, maimed, blind, and lame" represent the outcasts of society -- those who can make no claim on the King. There is even ample room at the feast of God for outsiders from the highways and hedges -- the gentiles. This is certainly an invitation of grace -- undeserved, unmerited favour and kindness! But this invitation also contains a warning for those who refuse it or who approach the wedding feast unworthily. Grace is a free gift, but it is also an awesome responsibility. Dieterich Bonhoeffer contrasts "cheap grace" and "costly grace". "Cheap grace is the grace we bestow on ourselves..The preaching of forgiveness without requiring repentance..Grace without discipleship, grace without the cross, grace without Jesus Christ, living and incarnate. ..Costly grace is the gospel, which must be sought again and again, the gift, which must be asked for, the door at which a man must knock. Such grace is costly because it calls us to follow Jesus Christ. It is costly because it costs a man his life, and it is grace because it gives a man the only true life." God invites each of us to his banquet that we may share in his joy. Are you ready to feast at the Lord's banquet table?

PAX

In what way is the Parable of the Great Banquet about grace?

Grace because mankind through human nature often times display works of the flesh more so than the Fruit of the Spirit and or works of the Spirit. More than often mankind walks according to their will vise that the will of God. Grace because we are not worthy to do so, it is of and by His grace through faith that we are able to do so. The second theme I see is one of grace and mercy. Blessed are those who put on Christ, (Revelation 16:15 Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.) Blessed are those who walks in His righteousness.

Everyone will be assessed, judge by a measure; all are given the opportunity to choose whom they will align with. Those who reject, neglects and does not accepts Christ will have to answer to Him; He is the answer and He will judge justly.

It is about evangelism according to what is defined of the word is covers the majority of the definition (Zealous preaching and dissemination of the gospel, as through missionary work.) I'm in total agreement with the insight shared from the lesson, " They are not just invited, but they are sought out and urged, compelled, to accept the invitation."

The Marriage Supper Revelation 19:6-10

Grace and mercy: we don't deserve it but are invited anyway.

Judgement: we all get judget; and then there are two options: good judgement --> banquet, bad judgement --> hell.

Evangelism: actively inviting other people to the banquet as well.

The wedding of the Lamb from Revelations 19:6-10.

The way that the Parable of the Great Banquet is about grace is that the servants are going out into the country side and asking people to come to the banquet. They are not asking them to do anything except to go the banquet. That is all that grace about, we have to accept that Jesus died on the cross for us.

The way that it is judgment is that the original people that were invited are not to come at all. Their actions have judged them.

It is about evangelism because the servants are asked to go out and find these people that want to come to the banquet.

The End Time event that the great banquet points to is the wedding that we are going to have with Jesus Christ. That will be the greatest banquet that there ever was.

Q2. (Luke 14:15-24) In what way is the Parable of the Great Banquet about grace?

The invited guests have no right to be at the banquet, they are invited as a ersult of the good grace of the man giving the banquet.

In what way is it about judgment? Ultimately, the door will be closed and it will not reopen. Anyone who remains on the outside when it is closed will be outside forever, therein lies the judgement.

In what way is it about evangelism? The door will only be closed when every place at the banquest has been filled. We are the servants who God has sent out to compel those outside to come in for the feast. There are 2 reasons for us to do this. First; out of concern for the fate of those still on the outside. They need to be convinced of the joys of what lies on the other side of the door (joys which we already know and which therefore ought to be easy to share). The second is that the sooner we can get the places filled the sooner the banquet will begin

To what End Time event does the great banquet point? Christ's return

Q2. (Luke 14:15-24) In what way is the Parable of the Great Banquet about grace, and in what way is it about judgment?

Grace is the invitation given to mankind for them to attend the Banquet, the invitation is that of Gods grace Gods kindness, His invitation of salvation is given without regard to the worth of mankind, it is given to many people it is given to the world, the wealthy, the poor, the blind, it is given to all, a wonderful gift was given and all one has to do is to respond- RSVP to the invitation, so they may have a seat ready and enough food for all who said yes to the invitation.

Gods grace is also seen in Gods patience, however, as we just read in the parable, Jesus taught us a important spiritual lesson, you who responded to the invitation must also be ready to go, for you do not yet know when the servant will come and tell you "the Banquet is ready, so please come," and when the servant does come, and he finds you are not ready, you have many excuses, you have many other things that are more important, the seat at the table will no longer be yours, judgment has come, For I say unto you, That none of those men which were invited and could not come shall taste of my supper.

It is not Gods choice you do not attend, it is yours, choice today whom you will serve.

Jesus parable made clear what an honor it is to receive this invitation, and when we RSVP to the invitation, how important it is that it comes from our hearts, hearts that are full with great joy, who understand full well what this invitation means and are pressing forward for the day to come when we will sup with Him, the same urgency of importance that is in our hearts, should also be seen in our lives, sharing with others what an honor it was for them to receive their invitation, it is a wonderful gift of Gods love, so do others see in our lives the great expectation for that day to come, is it seen in how we live our lives? For that is the best way we can bring evangelism to the world, the urgency should be seen, what is in our hearts speak louder than words.

It points to the great day when the Groom will come for His Bride, in the Jewish wedding, if the bride drinks from her glass of wine she is saying yes to His proposal, they are married, however the marriage has not been consummated until He comes for her and presents her to His Father as His bride, then the Groom will take her to the marriage feast, this reminds me of (2Co 11:2) I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

As I take of the communion cup and I drink of the wine, I am proclaiming my wedding vows to my Lord, I do this in remembrance of Him, for He is coming for me, his chaste bride, anxiously looking forward to our Marriage Feast.

In every way....the only way to attend is by the invitation of Salvation by Grace alone, and the acceptance of His grace and forgiveness for our sins, in exchange.

It is about judgment in that all sin and unrighteosness was judged on the Cross, so those in attendance are there having chosen to receive His grace. Those not in attendance have chosen to stay in their sin, rejecting His grace and receiving His judgement and eternity in hell.

Every individual who is in attendance is there because they were "evangelized"....someone shared the Gospel with each one. The Kingdom is "built" one heart at a time.

It portrays the Marriage supper of the Lamb after the rapture of the Church, which I believe is occurring while the tribulation is being played out on earth.

In every way....the only way to attend is by the invitation of Salvation by Grace alone, and the acceptance of His grace and forgiveness for our sins, in exchange.

It is about judgment in that all sin and unrighteousness was judged on the Cross, so those in attendance are there having chosen to receive His grace. Those not in attendance have chosen to stay in their sin, rejecting His grace and receiving His judgment and eternity in hell.

Every individual who is in attendance is there because they were "evangelized"....someone shared the Gospel with each one. The Kingdom is "built" one heart at a time.

It portrays the Marriage supper of the Lamb after the rapture of the Church, which I believe is occurring while the tribulation is being played out on earth.

Q2. (Luke 14:15-24) In what way is the Parable of the Great Banquet about grace? In what way is it about judgment? In what way is it about evangelism? To what End Time event does the great banquet point?

Luke 14:15-24 - 15 When one of those at the table with him heard this, he said to Jesus, "Blessed is the one who will eat at the feast in the kingdom of God." 16 Jesus replied: "A certain man was preparing a great banquet and invited many guests. 17 At the time of the banquet he sent his servant to tell those who had been invited, 'Come, for everything is now ready.' 18 "But they all alike began to make excuses. The first said, 'I have just bought a field, and I must go and see it. Please excuse me.' 19 "Another said, 'I have just bought five yoke of oxen, and I'm on my way to try them out. Please excuse me.' 20 "Still another said, 'I just got married, so I can't come.' 21 "The servant came back and reported this to his master. Then the owner of the house became angry and ordered his servant, 'Go out quickly into the streets and alleys of the town and bring in the poor, the crippled, the blind and the lame.' 22 "'Sir,' the servant said, 'what you ordered has been done, but there is still room.' 23 "Then the master told his servant, 'Go out to the roads and country lanes and compel them to come in, so that my house will be full. 24 I tell you, not one of those who were invited will get a taste of my banquet.'"

In what way is the Parable of the Great Banquet about grace? Jesus has made the invitation. Only Jesus gives us grace. It can not be earned and in Verse 17, it is stated that "At the time of the banquet he sent his servant to tell those who had been invited, 'Come, for everything is now ready.'"

In what way is it about judgment? Excuses were made and God will judge those who did not response and they will have to account for their actions.

In what way is it about evangelism? The servants were told to go out and tell them to come in as described in verse 23, ""Then the master told his servant, 'Go out to the roads and country lanes and compel them to come in, so that my house will be full." This was evangelizing.

To what End Time event does the great banquet point? When Jesus returns and we will be part of the Great Banquet if we are ready.

One theme of the Great Banquet is about grace and mercy. Those who are not worthy to come to the Lord's table i.e. the poor, lame, crippled, blind, are invited. We who are unworthy to eat at our Lord's table, have now been invited and cleansed to feast with the Lord. The Great Banquet is also about judgement as the first batch of guests who rejected the Lord's invitation will now never eat at the feast in the Kingdom of God. The second batch of guests eg the poor, the lame, the crippled and the blind are sought and urged to come to the Great Banquet. This is about evangelising and bringing God's word to the people. The End time event is the Second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Q2 'Grace' is a gift from God. He has given us (the common people) a chance to

experience His bountiful feast. It is through His grace that we have a chance to

be invited.

The less fortunate are always the one who are rejected by society but with God's

merciful love, they are being called by God. Through this evangelism, God's

abundant love and salvation have been poured into them.

It is vital that one must be in the banquet and be able to share in the feast God

has prepared for us. As children of God we need to live holy and Godly lives and

be ready to look forward to the day of Jesus' second coming. For once the door is

closed we might not have the opportunity to be saved.

Though the original guests declined the opportunity presented to them, the invitation extended to everyone who heard of it; there was no one excluded from the invitation. God could have shut the door at the first rejection, but instead, He opened it wider. Now, any who received the invitation to this great feast and made excuse not to come, the door will be shut and they will have to realize the opportunity they so wrecklessly threw away. Even though the first invited, those who the master held in high regard declined, the messengers are sent out to spread the invitation to this great event, they must be diligent in ensuring that the opportunity is extended to everyone they see. It is the duty of the 'servants of the Master' to fill the house for the event. He desires that His house be full at the return of Jesus Christ. A time that we wait in joyful hope!

The way in which the Great Banquet is about Grace, is that The one who is doing the inviting, is offering the invitation to everyone and those who refuse lose and those who accept win, without having to do anything but accept the invitation and be there.

The way in which it is about evangelism is in how he tells his servants how to get them there, it doesn't matter how but they must emphasize the importance to the people of accepting and coming to this banquet. They are to impel them with the importance and urgency of their acceptance to this invitation, in reference to their salvation and forgiveness so as to spend eternity in Gods Kingdom.

The End Time event that this Great banquet points to is the rapture of Gods true believers in Christ, when all believers are taken up into the air to meet with Jesus and spend all eternity in Gods kingdom, once they have accepted Jesus as their Savior and Lord. The time is so close that the urgency to fill every seat at the table is a sign that the time is so close that we must be ready.

It's about grace, because there are is a group of people being invited to this very exclusive dinner, and yet by the standards of the Master they wouldn't normally qualify or meet His standards to be invited into the Masters home, much less to a banquet.

Judgment is based upon the responses/rejection of those originally invited as guests. Because of their excuses/rejection of the Masters invitation, they will not be allowed to come in the Masters Kingdom, not because He doesn't want them there, but because of their own decision/choice.

Because the original guests have rejected the invitation, the gates of the Kingdom are now open to everyone. Those who are blind, lame, maimed, and poor. Although, these are physical characteristics, I believe they are symbolic spiritually. We were blind and couldn't see the truth, and the Father has now opened our eyes that we may see.

To what End Time event does the great banquet point??

I believe this banquet points to Jesus' return, many are/have been called but few accept the invitation.

Answer:

1. In what way is the Parable of the Great Banquet about grace?

That it is available also to the outcast of the Society..that it appeared to all men:

Titus 2:11- For the grace of God that bringeth salvationhath appeared to all men

That it does not close its door,until all seats are taken