JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Coming Under Christ's Headship

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q4. (Romans 6:2-5) According to this passage, at what point do we move from being under the headship of Adam to the headship of Christ? Is there anything we must do to bring about this change in headship? What are the implications of us having died with Christ?

As soon as we accept christ as our savior we are under the headship of christ. we died to self and to sin.

What must we do to bring about a change in headship ?? dont know?

Q4. (Romans 6:2-5) According to this passage, at what point do we move from being under the headship of Adam to the headship of Christ? Is there anything we must do to bring about this change in headship? What are the implications of us having died with Christ?

We moved from being under the headship of Adam to the headship of Christ through His death and resurrection when we accepted Jesus into our life and became baptized, because of His resurection from death we too are resurected from our old life and raised into our new life. So in order to bring about this change, we must accept Jesus as our Lord & Savior and be baptized.

When we accept what Jesus Christ did for us on the cross and receive His free gift of salvation, we change our allegiance from the "old man"="first Adam" to the "new man"="second Adam." We are no longer slaves of sin--we can make a choice to NOT sin & grow closer to and fruitful for Jesus. Praise Him!

We move from Adam's headship to Christ's headship when we are "baptized into His death". This is entirely a work of the LORD. It is a product of the grace of God and the free gift of the grace of Jesus Christ (5:15). God's grace leads to our righteousness, which leads to the victory over death that secures our eternal life through Christ (5:17). The thing we are required to do is believe this truth and confess Him as our only possible Savior (Romans 10:9-10). That genuine faith will lead us to submit to being united with Him in His death.

I started thinking about what was "a death like His" (6:5). Christ died humbly and obedient to God's will (Philippians 2:8). He died sacrificing everything for the Father's perfect plan and desire for redemption (John 6:38-40; Matthew 20:28). It was a painful death and He suffered a horrible burden in the process.

What died with Him? He took every form and expression of sin, wickedness, iniquity, and trespass against the LORD to death. He took every excuse, rationalization, and desire for sin to death. He took estrangement and separation from God to death. He took the eternal consequences of God's rightful judgment and wrath to death.

The implications of my baptism into death with Christ are many in practical terms. If I am submerged in His commitment to the Father's will, then I cannot tolerate self-pride or self-will or desire for self-gain. If I am enveloped in His obedience, I must be willing to accept the process of being perfected in His character that requires suffering (Hebrews 5:8) and the pain of taking action to kill off my old worldly nature (Colossians 3:5a). If I am awash in His purity, I must desire to see sin as God sees it and stop making excuses for it in my life. And I should be flooded with the joy and hope of knowing that since I am baptized into a death like His, then "just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, too might walk in newness of life"!! (6:4)

When we are baptized, we are buried with Christ. We die to sin. Now, we are under the headship of Christ. Now we are joined with Christ, and can enjoy the same benefits as Christ. Plus-and this is exciting-we are all brothers and sisters in and through Christ! We are family!!!!! Gloray!

Q4. (Romans 6:2-5) According to this passage, at what point do we move from being under the headship of Adam to the headship of Christ? Is there anything we must do to bring about this change in headship?

The point we come under the headship of Christ is when we believe, when we put into action our Faith,

believing that we who are in Christ, will find strength as promised, that sin will no longer hold us in its grip.

It is when the dying process has begone.

What are the implications of us having died with Christ?

I think we find the answer in Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death:

that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also

should walk in newness of life.

Q3. (Romans 5:15-19) 1. By what right does Adam represent all humankind? 2. By what right does Christ become head of all who become his disciples? 3. If Christ is not our "representative" or "head," how can his death for sins be effective for us?

1. From1 Corinthians 15:44-49 (NIV)

44it is sown a natural body,

"The first man Adam became a living being"[

The spiritual did not come first, but the natural,

47The first man was of the dust of the earth,

48As was the earthly man, so are those who are of the earth;

49And just as we have borne the likeness of the earthly man,

In 5:14 it carries the idea of "advance presentations" or "type" of a similar one to come.64

Adam's fall resulted in the corruption of the nature of all of us. Instead of being "good," we are now broken, flawed at the deepest levels. There is a mixture of both good and bad.

2. From1 Corinthians 15:44-49 (NIV)

it is raised a spiritual body

the last Adam, a life-giving spirit.

and after that the spiritual

the second man from heaven.

and as is the man from heaven, so also are those who are of heaven.

so shall we bear the likeness of the man from heaven.

When we decide to follow Jesus, we leave off the old man Adam and put on the New man Christ then we leave the headship of Adam and put on the headship of Jesus. The only thing we must do is Romans 10:9-10 9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

When we do this the next thing we should want to do is be buried with Him in baptism,giving our whole selves to Him as we learn to walk in newness of life.

Question (Romans 6:2-5) According to this passage, at what point do we move from being under the headship of Adam to the headship of Christ?[/b]

Answer: By baptism. Death ruled because of Adam's offense. By burying our sin by immersion and coming up with a new life with the resurrection of Jesus Christ we become one with Jesus Christ who is without sin.

Question: Is there anything we must do to bring about this change in headship?

Answer: Yes. Through faith that Christ Jesus died for our sins. We are now united with Christ through his resurrection.

Answer: Dying with Christ is dying to sin. By his resurrection I live a new life.

Because we are united with Christ in His death, our evil desires and bondage to sin died with Him. Now, united by faith with him in His resurrection life,we have unbroken fellowship with God and fredom from sin's hold on us

When we surrender to the Lord's pleas and willing allow ourselves to be baptised we begin our new life journey. Adam is dead and we arise with our Lord.

With the guidance of the Holy Spirit (given as the baptism of fire) we are changed over the course of our lifetime. Of ourselves we can do nothing.

Once risen with Christ we are His and no longer belong to ourselves. He is the Master and we the obedient servants, forever.

(Romans 6:2-5) According to this passage, at what point do we move from being under the headship of Adam to the headship of Christ? Is there anything we must do to bring about this change in headship? What are the implications of us having died with Christ?

According to this passage, at what point do we move from being under the headship of Adam to the headship of Christ?

Because Christ is in us, we move from the moment of baptism under the headship of Christ, at the moment we believe and accept, and profess Him.

Is there anything we must do to bring about this change in headship?

We must be baptized, profess Christ and love Him. This is evidenced in the Christ's words to Nicodemus in John 3 (and elsewhere as, again, humans are slow learners), where He tells Nicodemus that all men must be born again, born of water and Spirit. In this way the old man (the Adamic man) dies, as all must, but the new man (the Christian man) is resurrected into eternal life. Also, the Christ says to those in the temple, in John 5:24, "...he that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come unto condemnation, but is passed from death unto life."

Having died with Christ, we are resurrected with Him, as new beings. But, we are still capable of sin and must resist it through Spirit, now within us. We have a responsibility to live according to the Spirit within us.

At the moment of salvation when we are declared righteous before God we have moved from the headship of Adam to the headship of Christ.

Is there anything we must do to bring this about? I think Romans 10: 9 says it very well.

It implies that as we have identified with Christ in His death so we died to sin and as He rose from the dead we so rise to newness of life in Him.

God Bless!!

Jen

Numbers 6:24-326

Once we are baptized into Christ we fall under His headship. Christ is sufficient for us to come to Him and be under His care, yet there is the expectation that in our newness we will begin to reflect His likeness in deed and spirit. In our spiritual death in Christ our newness affords us the opportunity of eternity, a new perspective on our present life and the hope and glory of our new relationship within the Trinity. Being His means we are so loved, cherished and secure no matter what we experience, and at times fail to believe.

We die to sin and identify with Christ. Having died and having been raised with Christ, we as believers should live a new kind of life. To bring about this change in headship we must accept God's gift(Jesus) and die to sin. When we identify with Christ we identify with His death and resurrection.

Q4. (Romans 6:2-5) According to this passage, at what point do we move from being under the headship of Adam to the headship of Christ? Is there anything we must do to bring about this change in headship? What are the implications of us having died with Christ

When we accept Christ and follow Him and sin no more. Yes, we must deny our sin and be baptized. We died and were buried with Christ.

We move to being under the headship of Christ when we are baptized. The physical act of baptism is symbolic of our having accepted Christ as our saviour, although it could also be thought of as a consummation of our being united with Christ. So, yes, we must do something to change from having Adam as our head to having Christ as our head. It is the old man, Adam, which died with Christ. For us, that means that it is the old man, or Adam, within us that died with Christ. Our new self emerges once we accept Christ's death as the payment of our debt for sin.

When we repent and accept Christ as our Lord and Saviour. The english word "repent" does not exactly explain and give the true meaning of it. In my own language it is translated as "about turn of mind". This one explains exactly what it means. A 180 degrees turn and I have nothing to do with my old ways of life. I now walk in "newness". When we say "Lord & Saviour" we have to really mean it. "LORD" means He is our master now. We only have to take commands from Him. We have already dead to our "old master" hence we are not under the Old master's authority. If the old master tell us to go back to our sin we say "No" to it.

Roman 6:14 says that "Sin must not be your master, for you do not live under law but under God's Grace". Oh what a previlege we have under the Lordship of Jesus. I wonder why so many people choose to live under bondage when we have this wonderful good news.

Christ is the head, He died for our sins , Our sins are covered under Jesus Christ headship. Now thoes who are "in Christ ", whose lives are "hid with Christ in God" are redeemed at great cost and made holy. We are "complete in Him"as part of the body of Christ , He is our head of our spiritually lives. When Christ died on the cross. In order for this headship to bring a change in our lives we must except Jesus Christ as our Lord and personal saver and be willing to learn of Him and His ways and then follow after His righteouness.

We moved from being under the headship of Adam to the headship of Christ when our Lord Jesus died on the Cross and was resurrected.

To bring about this change in headship we must believe in our Lord Jesus Christ and fully repent of all our sins.

The implications of us having died with Christ, is that we, as believers, who are in Christ, are seen by God as having died to sin.

We move from headship of Adam the moment we ask Jesus into our lives, & become believers, by accepting that the Lord Jesus Christ is our king and saviour, Also that Jesus died for our sins and was resurrected redeeming us.

To bring about this headship simply give your life to the Lord have faith in Jesus Christ and repent all our sins.

Implications of dying in Christ means that we died when Christ died, though we didn't actually die, it is symbolic meaning that we left our old life and now we have a new life in Christ.

According to this passage, at what point do we move from being under the headship of Adam to the headship of Christ?

I can't say it any better than pickledilly already did:

We move from Adam's headship to Christ's headship when we are "baptized into His death". This is entirely a work of the LORD. It is a product of the grace of God and the free gift of the grace of Jesus Christ (5:15).

Satan told Eve and "her husband who was with her" that when they ate of the fruit of the tree their eyes would be opened.

What a lie that was - what really happened to humankind is we were blinded! As Paul wrote to the Corinthian church:

"The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God."

2 Corinthians 4:4

In addition to implications already mentioned, I think once we are "baptized into His death" we more able to "see the light," our eyes are again open.

However, I believe another implication for those who choose to identify themselves with Christ in baptism is they can become targets of the Enemy and face new temptations. Remember that the temptations Jesus faced in the wilderness came right after his baptism by John.

One final thought: although believers' eyes may be open to the Light, unfortunately in many cases we have a blind spot when it comes to the workings of the Enemy.

At the time when Jesus Christ came, died for our sins and rose over 2000 years ago, this was the point the change over headship was posible for all.

Hoever, the actual point of changeover each person is the point one accept the Lord Jesus Christ as his saviour and is then baptised. This must be done before the change over is done.

The inplication to of this to us (Christian) is that we have died to sin and death- eternal death. We have victory over sin and death.