JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Crown of Righteousness

• 1 month later...

Q2. (2 Timothy 4:8) What does the "crown of righteousness" represent?

I believe it represents a reward which will be given at the Bema seat of Christ for believers when our works are examined or judged...either the wood, hay and stubble of our self effort, which go up in smoke when tested, or eternal rewards which remain such as the Crown of righteousness, which represents a well run race and a course finished in the power of and submission to the Holy Spirit.

To whom is it given?

To those who have longed for Christ's second coming and for persevering to the end in loving relationship and faithful service to Him. (Rev.3:11 says to "hold fast what you have, so that no one may rob you and deprive you of your crown.)

On what basis is it awarded?

It is awarded for those works we allowed the Holy Spirit to work in and through us which bring Him glory, and proportionate to our faithfulness.(Rev.2:10 says in the face of severe trials and testing...."Be loyally faithful unto death even if you must die for it, and I will give you the crown of life.")

Q2. (2 Timothy 4:8) What does the "crown of righteousness" represent? To whom is it given? On what basis is it awarded?

To me, the crown of righteousness represents all the desires of God's children for the Lord to come and take us out of here. Being steadfast, unmovable. refusing to give up and turn back. That is my understanding of this passage. Don't give up. Long for Him to come, and as far as I'm concerned, it can't happen fast enough! :rolleyes:

Q2. (2 Timothy 4:8) What does the "crown of righteousness" represent? To whom is it given? On what basis is it awarded?

It represents the award that Christ will bestow on those who are faithful and whose deeds while in the body are not consumed by the test fire which all our works will be tested in. If it come through the fire we will be rewarded according to scripture. It will be given to all who are faithful and seek to do the will of God and to lead lives that bring Him Glory as Christ did while He was walking the earth. It is awarded on the basis of our lives and how our deeds bring Glory to God and others to a knowledge of what He has done for us and them.

Crown is a symbol of triumph and honor, so crown of righteousness is, a crown won in the cause of righteousness, and conferred as the reward of his conflicts and efforts in the cause of holiness. It was not the crown of ambition; it was not a garland won in struggles for earthly distinction; it was that which was the appropriate reward of his efforts to be personally holy, and to spread the principles of holiness as far as possible through the world.

God gives rewards to his people according to his justice

All Christians must give account on the day of judgment of how they have lived

Q2. (2 Timothy 4:8)

What does the "crown of righteousness" represent?

To whom is it given?

The crown of righteousness is the garland which will be rewarded to all believers who have exhibited righteousness in their service to our Lord; and it will be given to all those who look forward to Christ's appearing. If we really long with affection for the coming of Christ and we live in the light of that event, then our life will be righteous, and we will be rewarded accordingly.

I believe this to be the reward that all those in Christ will receive, it is the ultimate reward that we can get, and it was paid for with the blood of the Son, our Lord Jesus Christ. It is the promise that all in His body (the church of Christ) look foreword to and in faith carry out the great commission with gladness in our hearts. Knowing at the end of all our persecutions we have much to look forward to.

(2 Timothy 4:8) What does the "crown of righteousness" represent?

The 'crown of Righteousness" is actually the righteousness of Christ, replacing our filthy rags that come short of the glory of God..

To whom is it given?

It is given to those who long for Jesus with a passion, hose hearts are for Him

It is given to those who, like Paul, have done battle effectively over the years and not given up, but continued on right to the point of death to do all that God has commanded them with confidence and joy.

The "crown of righteousness" is the crown that consists of

righteousness,purchased at great cost by the blood of Jesus. It is given to all who call Jesus Lord and Savior and who are faithful to Christ to the very end of their lives. :rolleyes:

I want to say the Crwon of ritgheous is given to the righteous. It's given to all who believe when they arrive in Heaven. IT's given to beleivers because they are the rigthteous. They are the ones who beleived that Christ came to earth for no reason than to die for their sins and that through that death and resurrection, they are clean in His eyes. IT's awarded because of the faith the person had while here on earth.

The "crown of righteousness" represents, as written by Pastor Wilson, the crown that consists of righteousness, purchased at great cost by the blood of Jesus

It is given to all who has longed for his appearing, who has satisfied with the eternal things that will be awarded by Christ Jesus in his second coming, so that they do not satisfy themselves with the worldly desires

It is awarded on the basis of what one has done and finished in this world as a response of God

It represents for us the righteousness we have in Christ Jesus through the price He paid for us to make us righteous in Him. It is given to those who have gone Hime to be with our Lord where according to Matthew Henry "our holiness and righteousness will there be perfected, and will be our crown." It is for those who love and long for His second coming. Matthew Henry says "It is the character of all the saints that they long for the appearing of Jesus Christ: they love his second appearing at the the great day; love it and long for it."

Revelation 22:20 "He which testifieth these things, saith, Surely I come quickly, Amen. Even so come Lord Jesus."

God Bless!

Jen

Numbers 6:24-26

I believe the crown of righteousness represents an extra reward given to all born-again Christians who lived in readiness to meet Him in His second coming. They have not reached perfect state as they will be perfected when they are with Christ but they had the correct attitude when they were here. I like to think it as different from

The crown of righteousness represents the cost of our faith through the blood of Christ. The cost of being faithful to our Lord and the gospel. It is an award. It is given to everyone that keeps the faith in righteousness.

What does the "crown of righteousness" represent?

:rolleyes::rolleyes: It is not a kingly coronet, but like the olive wreath that was stored up to be placed on the heads of victors at an athletic event such as the Olympics. It is a crown that consists of righteousness to honor and express appreciation for a sense of civic and communal responsibility. The crown was purchased at a great cost with the blood of Christ.

To whom is it given?

It is given to Paul and all those who long for his coming, who love the Lord, and who hold him in high esteem.

Like the athlete, it is awarded to the athlete who has run the good race, who has fought the good fight, and who has kept the faith.

Life time of faithful service to Christ Jesus. Jesus will return with rewards for those who stick it out over the long haul, The Crown of righteousness is a special reward given to those who serve God faithfully on this earth. All who have loved His appearing are those believers in Christ who have lived faithfully in the hope of His return.

Q2. (2 Timothy 4:8) What does the "crown of righteousness" represent?

We are running in a race, the race we run consists of the struggles we run into, and the principalities and powers that rule this world, that come against those who love God and are called according to His purposes; one of which we are called to run is, to live holy lives, our reasonable service for what Christ has done for us.

To whom is it given?

It is given to all that love His appearing.

Its basis is - to those who live lives that demonstrate their love for the Messiah, and to God who sent Him.

I never want to hear Jesus say to me, "Why do you call me Lord, and not do as I say, I do not know you."

That person is not living as if they are looking for the appearing of the Messiah.

It is important we understand, the basis the crown is given is righteousness. Live expecting is the key, the award is based on those persevering to live lives that are holy, acceptable unto God? :unsure:

The righteousness awarded to those who kept the faith, that was earned by Jesus when He sacrificed Himself. The perfect righteousness needed to satisfy the Fathers requirement to enter His Kingdom.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Winners in the Greek/Roman world were given a crown of laurierleaves - the ultimate sign of victory.

Paul means people who walk with Jesus all the way until the end.

In Him, they overcome death so they are winners for beating death.

"Just a closer walk with thee"

This crown is awarded to people who outrun Satan.

• 3 weeks later...

The "crown of righteousness" represent the righteousness, purchased at great cost by the blood of Jesus. It is given to all mankind and is awarded to all those serving God and are longing for Christ's appearing.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...