JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Forecefully Pressing into the Kingdom

Jesus is teaching us that entering the Kingdom of God is not a passive act, like signing a dotted line, but an active vigorous endeavor that requires our full participation. We have to DO things to enter God's Kingdom. Of course Jesus made it possible for us to do those things but nevertheless it's up to us to do our part.

Believe that God raised Jesus from death and actively follow Him and His teaching.

Confess with our mouths that Jesus is Lord.

Share our faith with others.

Constantly work at becoming better people through the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit.

Continually turn away from our old sin-controlled lives.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.

We have an enemy. An enemy Jesus says who seeks to kill, steal and destroy. An enemy who goes about as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour. If we are passive and in denial we will become a spiritual statistic in the non affective file. Persistance forged in the furnace of tests of faith gives us a spiritual toughness that equips us to lay hold of the kingdom of heaven and not let go. Jacob, wrestling with God in the Old Testament and not letting go, is a picture of our laying hold of the Kingdom.

One must actively seek the Kingdom of God at all times.I remember as a newly dedicated believer in Christ and his Kingdom in 2005 I would literally WAIL out to Jesus,there have been times when I have fallen to my knees and wailed out to him in despair,begged him, pleaded with him to enter into my life, dwell inside me. I went after Jesus and the kingdom with all my might, with all my FORCE and continue to go after Jesus our Lord and Saviour everyday, perhaps not as "forcefully" as in the beginning of my newfound spirituality but I certainly do remain DAILY seeking and searching for Jesus and the kingdom of God. I know Jesus and the Kingdom of God are near always!!I KNOW JESUS walks with me everyday and is with me every second, there are many times in which I fall to my knees in despair and seek him with all my heart.I have committed myself to Jesus fully and will continue to wail out to him in times of need and to thank him always for his everlasting blessings..most importantly to actively seek the Kingdom of God on a daily basis! TO grasp hold of Jesus and seek his Kingdom with all my might(forcibly) and not let go!!!

Jesus is teaching us that the way into the Kingdom is hard. We become saved through faith and then the warfare begins! Satan doesn't want to loose anyone "formerly" on his side and he is very cunning in ways to get us back or make us fall and loose heart. The warfare begins and we need to be equipped to meet that warfare head on. The road is narrow and specific and we are warned only a few find it!

Once God told me, that my worst obstacle (my being stubborn) would be the one thing that would bring Him greatest glory. I wondered about that at the time, thinking being stubborn was something I had sought to be made new in. He was faithful in that and my being stubborn in destructive ways, gave way to standing in faith immovable. People would try to convince me of a truth in some things that were in actuality, untruth and there was no swaying me! I fiercely stood my ground! That's an example of what it means to "press hard" or be "fierce" in coming into the kingdom or defending the kingdom or representing the kingdom. We are called to love, but in TRUTH and love. We can never compromise one without the other, but standing on truth and against the lies of Satan takes determination, resolve, great unwavering faith and the full armor of God! Sometimes we are called to forge ahead in truth where others stand back....but if we know truth....forge ahead we will! We are called to pray and travail in prayer. This is prayer that requires every ounce within our being. We fight the spiritual forces and take territory! We have to have passion! AMEN!

Q4. (Matthew 11:12; Luke 16:16) Admittedly, this is a hard passage to interpret. However, if you take the "forceful" or "violent" people as seekers who are doing whatever it takes to press into the Kingdom, then what is Jesus teaching us here about the nature of the Kingdom?

Matthew 11:12 - From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been forcefully advancing, and forceful men lay hold of it.

Luke 16:16 - "The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John. Since that time, the good news of the kingdom of God is being preached, and everyone is forcing his way into it.

I think when Jesus said in Luke 16:16 "....Since that time, the good news of the kingdom of God is being preached, and everyone is forcing his way into it.", people who really believed knew that the kingdom of God was a great place to be and knew that they had to follow Jesus and really work at it. When one really wants something, it should take effort to achieve that goal. What better place to follow Jesus and be ready to enter into the kingdom of God.

Q4. (Matthew 11:12; Luke 16:16) Admittedly, this is a hard passage to interpret. However, if you take the

Jesus is teaching us that we have to do everything possible at whatever cost to enter the kingdom of God. This could involve inconveniences and persecution but we must keep on going till we enter the Kingdom of God.

Q4. (Matthew 11:12; Luke 16:16) Admittedly, this is a hard passage to interpret. However, if you take the "forceful" or "violent" people as seekers who are doing whatever it takes to press into the Kingdom, then what is Jesus teaching us here about the nature of the Kingdom?

What exactly is Our Lord saying in this Gospel? What does Our Lord mean when He tells us that

Q4 Jesus came to save not only the Jews but all mankind. Thus the Kingdom is meant for

everyone. To be a follower of Christ is not an easy task. That is why He gave us

a Spirit of boldness to help us persevere in times of trials and persecutions. We

are facing the dark forces of the world and in order to get into the Kingdom of God

we need to fight and struggle through all the hardships and forces that are hindering

our path. Our focus must be on Jesus in order to gain entry into the Kingdom

prepared for us.