JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Talents

Talents here represent gifts or abilities given to every child of God for service to Him and to man. My identified gifts or abilities are:

1. teaching

2. giving to God and needy

3. wisdom for counselling

In the society of the Church of God, I am by the grace of God,an Elder and Church Secretary.

I consider my abilities, possessions, work etc as belonging the Lord God Almighty.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talents represent the resources we all have.

Right now, some funds (getting ready to retire), not much time, teach Sunday School...

My spiritual gifts are probably teaching & encouragement.

I like to crochet & dabble at other things....

I've read the Bible numerous times, and studied many years, but find there is always more to learn!!

I'm a working person right now, wife,mother and grandmother.

I work in a public elementary school, so I can encourage those I work with--children & adults as well.

Definitely any ability I have is only because God gave it to me. As my situation changes, I just pray God uses me & my "talents" for His glory--first & foremost.

Q1. (Matthew 25:14-30) What do you think the "talents" represent? If you were to take an inventory of your "talents," what would they be? What spiritual gifts have you been given? What abilities do you have? What Bible knowledge do you have? Where has God placed you in your community? In society? In your profession or industry? In what sense do these "belong" to God rather than to you?

What can economics and productivity teach us about the kingdom of heaven? Jesus' story about a businessman who leaves town and entrusts his money with his workers made perfect sense to his audience. Wealthy merchants and businessmen often had to travel abroad and leave the business to others to handle while they were gone. Why did Jesus tell this story? Most importantly it tells us something about how God deals with us, his servants. The parable speaks first of the Master's trust in his servants. While he goes away he leaves them with his money to use as they think best. While there were no strings attached, this was obviously a test to see if the Master's workers would be industrious and reliable in their use of the money entrusted to them. Third? In society the master rewards those who are industrious and faithful and he punishes those who sit by idly and who do nothing with his money.

PS:

Bible knowledge: I study Theology and the Bible for over 30 years.

PAX

Q1. (Matthew 25:14-30) What do you think the "talents" represent? If you were to take an inventory of your "talents," what would they be? What spiritual gifts have you been given? What abilities do you have? What Bible knowledge do you have? Where has God placed you in your community? In society? In your profession or industry? In what sense do these "belong" to God rather than to you?

Answer;

1.What do you think the "talents" represent?

It represents different gifting,that the Lord has given to all believers:To equip us with knowledge,and come into UNITY of the FAITH in Christ Jesus.Look at the talents or gifting that Jesus Gives before He ascended into heaven in Eph 4:11(This is the gift to the Ministry,which is differed from the individual gift in 1 Cor 12:7-10)

Ephesians 4:11-14- 11And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

13Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

14That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive

2.If you were to take an inventory of your "talents," what would they be?

I am into Music ministry and teaching ministry.

3 What abilities do you have? What Bible knowledge do you have?

I have ability to speak,in front of people.I have Gospel knowledge-that it is the power of God unto Salvation for those who believe,and will not be ashamed to teach it

Q1. (Matthew 25:14-30) What do you think the "talents" represent?

The talents in this story represent the servants abilities to use their gifts and skills.

If you were to take an inventory of your "talents," what would they be?

Honestly, wouldn't even know how to take inventory of my talents as I don't know what talents I have.

What spiritual gifts have you been given?

I'am confident that the following spiritual gifts have been given to me: Prophecy, Teaching, Exhortation, Giving, Leading, and Showing mercy (compassion).

What abilities do you have?

I definitely have the ability to lead and minister encouragement to others as well as teach others.

What Bible knowledge do you have?

Not sure how to answer this question as your knowledge is only based upon what or how much time one has devoted itself to meditating and studying the word of God. I've been a Christian for many years and still don't believe there is always more to learn more room to grow.

Where has God placed you in your community? In society? In your profession or industry? In what sense do these "belong" to God rather than to you?

As a Christian, I've offered my love for serving my community by signing up to volunteer at a local hospital, I'am also a regular church attendee in terms of my role within society. As for profession or industry, I would love to be in an industry whereby I believe that I'am a making a meaningful contribution to society. All of our gifts belong to God, because He is the one that has bestowed them upon us.

I believe the talents represent the spiritual gifts as well as the abilities the Lord has given us for the work of His kingdom. I would include material possesions as well.

Since I help out in Awana and Children's church, I guess I would say I have the gift of teaching. I also like to help out in my church where I can so I probably have the gift of helps as well. I also have the ministry of intercessory prayer.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think the talents represent the knowledge one gets from God. I would build a church where people would pay tithes whence to pay back the talents. I am not sure of the spiritual gifts I possess, I have abilities to convince people and drive them to what I am saying. I don't have much Bible knowledge for I didn't study Religious Education at secondary level. I am a teacher (Primery school teacher). I think this belongs to God in a sense that I teach Religious Education to pupils. I integrate what I learn from the church with the curriculum.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Q1. (Matthew 25:14-30) What do you think the "talents" represent?

The "talents" represent all the gifts, abilities, knowledge we have received from God.

If you were to take an inventory of your "talents," what would they be?

My "talents" are: my family, respect to others, good job, my cars,friends,education.

Love, knowledge of God,commitment.

What abilities do you have?

Singing, preaching,

What Bible knowledge do you have?

I have good bible knowledge to the extent that I can explain it to others.

Where has God placed you in your community?

I am one of the leaders in my communnity.

In society?

I am a members of various groups which render services in the Church and in the society.

In your profession or industry?

At my work place, I am a leader of a directorate relating to my proffesion.

In what sense do these "belong" to God rather than to you?

In the sense that, these are all gifts from God; I could not managed to have them on my own without the "authorisation" from God.

• 1 month later...

Q1. (Matthew 25:14-30) What do you think the �talents� represent? If you were to take an inventory of your �talents,� what would they be? What spiritual gifts have you been given? What abilities do you have? What Bible knowledge do you have? Where has God placed you in your community? In society? In your profession or industry? In what sense do these �belong� to God rather than to you?

1) In this parable the talents represent money. However, talents can present abilities and gifts.

2) An inventory of my talents would be service, teaching, organizer, leader, crafts and administrative work.

3) Spiritual gifts that have been given to me are teaching Sunday School, compassion for others and willingness to help and serve others.

3) Abilities that I have are secretarial skills, teaching, crafts and good listener

4) My bible knowledge is good, however I am not where I would like to be.

5) I am well respected in my community. I am seen as a person that goes to church and live the life as a Christian. I have great concern about the neighborhood and the elderly and children. I am the same on Monday-Saturday as I am on Sunday. I am retired and spend alot of time in my garden.

6) Everything belongs to God. I recognize that it is through Him and Him only that I am able to do all things.

• 9 months later...

What do you think the �talents� represent?

Abilities and resourses. Anything od gave you that you can develop, inrease or use to win souls.

If you were to take an inventory of your �talents,� what would they be?

I have a fair share of resorses available. People trust me. I can easily speak to big crouds. I like to figure stuff out.

understanding people, patience.

What abilities do you have? What Bible knowledge do you have? Where has God placed you in your community? In society? In your profession or industry? In what sense do these �belong� to God rather than to you?

All of us is in our positions because we can be of use to God where we are

Everything we have is there because of God, He created it and trusted us with managing it.

• 4 months later...

Like Pastor Ralph, I believe the “talents” represent the spiritual giftings of the Holy Spirit on/in believers. These gifts are to enhance and empower our natural God-given abilities and guide our natural passions of the heart in making our lives an investment in the work of God’s Kingdom on earth.

I do not have a very public realm of influence since I was allowed the great blessing of staying home to raise my children and now work from home. However, this "freedom" has provided many opportunities for having an impact as a volunteer in various ministries/capacities over the years in my church and community. One of my gifts is teaching, and I love to study the Word in order to attempt to share it with others. I also have a gifting of leadership, and stand amazed at an ability to organize and implement that could only be from God. These are not things I could do on my own with any effectiveness, so I have no question that the “talents” are from Him.