JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Christ Our Passover Lamb

Q1. (1 Corinthians 5:7; John 1:29; 1 Peter 1:18-19) In what sense is Christ our Passover Lamb? In what sense are we marked with his blood? In what sense does God

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q1. (1 Corinthians 5:7; John 1:29; 1 Peter 1:18-19) In what sense is Christ our Passover Lamb? In what sense are we marked with his blood? In what sense does God's judgment pass over us because of Christ's blood?

The Passover lamb prefigures Christ, the true Lamb of God, who came to take away the sins world. The Book of Revelation portrays Christ as the Lamb who was slain, but who has defeated death and is clothed with glory in heaven surrounded by the angels and saints who worship Him as God. Jesus is called the Lamb of God 28 times in the Book of Revelation. Revelation 5, 6 says

Q1. (1 Corinthians 5:7; John 1:29; 1 Peter 1:18-19) In what sense is Christ our Passover Lamb?

Jesus became my Passover Lamb in His perfect, sinless life which He gave up willingly as the substitution for my sin and unrighteousness. I love the term "the Great Exchange", where He took my sin and unrighteousness upon His body on the Cross, and in exchange, gave me His perfect Righteousness, forgiveness, and eternal life.

In what sense are we marked with his blood?

Because He dwells in me and I in Him, His blood covers me. When He died, I died with Him. When He was buried, I was buried with Him. When He rose from the grave, I rose with Him. We are forever one.

In what sense does God's judgment pass over us because of Christ's blood?

The blood of an innocent, spotless lamb was required to stay God's judgment in the Old Covenant. In the New and better Covenant, because I've chosen to receive the Perfect, Sinless Lamb of God and to surrender my life to Him, His sacrificial death, burial and resurrection have stayed any anger or wrath or judgment toward me. Therefore, I'm a delight and a joy to Him! What an amazingly amazing Father and God we love and serve. Thank You Lord.

Q1. (1 Corinthians 5:7; John 1:29; 1 Peter 1:18-19) In what sense is Christ our Passover Lamb? In what sense are we marked with his blood? In what sense does God

Q1. (1 Corinthians 5:7; John 1:29; 1 Peter 1:18-19) In what sense is Christ our Passover Lamb?

Christ is our Passover Lamb in that He was the sacrificial lamb that redeemed mankind from sin.

In what sense are we marked with his blood?

We were marked with the blood of Jesus in the sense that we are partakers in the work on the cross.

In what sense does God

Christ is our Passover Lamb in that, He was crucified in order to save us from sin. He is the Lamb who was slained totake away our sins.

We are marked by his blood when we participate in the Lord's Supper during the celebration of the Eucharist.

God's judgment pass over us because of Christ's Blood by not being condemned for our sins following our names being written in the Lamb's Book of life.

Christ is our passover lamb in that he was the final sacrifice given to pardon our sins. He was perfect and without blemish and was sacrificed in our place. The guilt was ours, the sin was ours, the punishment should have been ours, but because his blood was offered and was an atonement for our sins, he was the paschal lamb who's blood covered us and continues to cover us today. We truly wash our robes in the blood of the Lamb and we are marked by the blood of the Lamb and sealed in the Holy Spirit. With this mark, we are identified as one of God's own.

God's judgment passes over us because the seal protects us. When we accept Christ as our Savior...we are saved through His blood. Those who wash in His blood and receive salvation are written in the Lambs book of life and receive the seal that identify them with Christ forever.

Christ is our passover lamb in the sence that by his sacrificial death on the cross, the penalty for our (my) sin has been born by him and I am free from death- eternal death.

By his shed blood on the cross we have forgiveness of sin and and we are thereby covered by the blood like the blood on the door post of the Israelites saved them from the messenger of death.

God's judment passes over us becauses Jesus has taken our place and therefore taken over the judgement that would have been otherrwise on us.

Christ is our passover lamb in the sense that he was sacrificed for our sins so that we could be saved. We are marked in his blood by accepting Christ as our lord much like marking the doors with the blood of the lamb. By accepting Christ we will be saved (passed over) like marking the door with lambs blood.

Jesus came to show Himself on earth, preached the word, and died for our sins, that whoever believes in Him shall be forgiven all his sins. We are marked with His blood by way of being born-again to become staunch christians. God's judgment pass over us as God comes to know His people whom Christ sacrificed his life for and followed Him eversince.

In what sense is Christ our Passover Lamb?

Christ met all the requirements of God. Christ was without sin and lived the perfect life which qualified him as the substitute sacrificial "Lamb of God". He died for our sins God's Passover Lamb came to deliver us from the bondage of sin and its curse, freeing us to worship God on God's terms as (1st Cor. 5:7-8) tells us, the Passover Lamb was sacrificed for us, so let us keep the feast, not with the old leaven of malice and wickedness; but with unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

In what sense are we marked with His blood?

Revelation 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Every person that puts on Christ are marked with His blood when by grace through faith they apply the Lamb of God's blood on the sides and tops of the doorframes of their hearts. There are many Scriptures that place to value of the blood of Jesus as are the many songs. I love this song that just came to mind, "Nothing But The Blood" by Robert Lowery. We are mark by faith in and of Him.

In what sense does God's judgment pass over us because of Christ's blood?

John 3:16 " that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." 1st John 3:5 And ye know that He was manifested to take away our sins; and in Him is no sin. 1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. And because our names are written in the Lamb's book of life (Revelation 13:8), we are not condemned for our sins (Revelation 20:12, 15). God's wrath "passes over" us! Hallelujah! It is by the precious blood of Jesus the Christ, appropriated by faith that God's judgment passes over those that are covered by it.