JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Receiving and Believing Children

What does it mean to “receive” Jesus?

It is a gift- paid for at Calvary. We become part of His family when we accept the gift of salvation.

What does it imply to “believe in” Jesus?

It changes who we are- and how we live- we begin to live for Him, no longer living selfishly for one's own pleasures. We live to glorify and worship our creator because without his Mercy and Grace we would no be here.

What is the spiritual relationship to God of those who receive and believe in Jesus? Of those who do not?

Those living without Christ are in the dark. They have no eternal life, and basically no hope. Life on this earth is as good as it is ever going to be for them so they are in essence living selfishly, trying to squander every fleshly pleasure they can as while alive. They wrongly believe that their life is theirs alone with no accountability to come when their bodies die.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To receive Jesus is to accept 100%, no doubts, fully believe.  I think to believe in is to accept that He is there.  Not placing your whole being into His hands, just knowing he is there kind of like Wal-Mart.  We believe it to be the store with the groceries and everything one could want.  To have a spiritual relationship with God is to commune with him.  To love him and to follow the commandments.  Also this is a new birth by water and the blood.  We become his children and He becomes our Father.  Those who do not receive become children of the dark.

To receive Jesus in your heart, means to bring him into your life, become one with Jesus and believe in Him.  Believe in His Word and be willing to follow Jesus all the way.  To receive Jesus is to receive the Holy Spirit and be willing to live your life through the Holy Spirit, leading and guiding your life.  We have a direct relationship with God when we obey His Son.  Those that do not believe and question Jesus Christ, do not have God in their hearts.

What does it mean to “receive” Jesus?  What does it imply to “believe in” Jesus?  What is the spiritual relationship to God of those who receive and believe in Jesus?  Of those who do not?

To “receive” Jesus is to recognize that He is God and His authority.  To “believe in” Jesus is to fully trust myself to Him.  Receiving and believing in Jesus makes one a child of God.  Anyone who does not receive and believe in Jesus will not be a part of the Kingdom of God.

Q3 (John 1:12-13) What does it mean to "receive" Jesus? What does it imply to "believe in" Jesus? What is the spiritual relationship to God of those who receive and believe in Jesus? Of those who do not.

to receive Jesus is to grasp in  our minds and being who JESUS is and recognize Jesus's Authority over us.

To believe in Jesus is to believe he is true and worthy of our trust and entrust ourselves to Him.

We all are Jesus's  children of God in that we were created by Jesus. But we must wrap ourselves in Him and become spiritual children

of His. Go thru a spiritual rebirth.

I'm actually finding this question really hard.
What does it MEAN?
Everything.
I can't imagine life without Jesus in it. Most of my life before I made the choice to ask Him to come into my life is a mystery to me.
A lot of it I have no memory of at all --- which is good in some ways although even now that I am in my 70s some of it still comes back to bite me!
Those who don't know Jesus are living unfulfilled lives because He is the way, the truth and the life.

These saying are meant to believe in Jesus and to turn our lives over to him. We are to walk in the light. We are sons and daughters of God if we receive and believe in Jesus. For those who do not believe in Jesus they will not be received by God because that is the only way to heaven. So they will be condemned to eternal hell.

Q3 (John 1:12-13) What does it mean to “receive” Jesus? What does it imply to “believe in” Jesus? What is the spiritual relationship to God of those who receive and believe in Jesus? Of those who do not?

To "receive" Jesus means to believe that He is the Son of God sent by God to redeem man from sin. It means that you fully trust Jesus and that He is worthy of that trust and you've put complete confidence in Him. For those who receive and believe in Jesus you receive the gift of becoming children of God.  Those who do not receive Jesus and believe that He is Son of God, Messiah, redeemer of man, do not have that spiritual relationship to God and cannot enter into His rest. They cannot see the kingdom of God. 

• 3 weeks later...

Q3 (John 1:12-13)

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: -John 1:12
 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. -John 1:13

What does it mean to "receive" Jesus?

Receiving Jesus is receiving the Light. Receiving the pardon from sins. Receiving the understanding of the love of God

What does it imply to "believe in" Jesus?

To believe that Christ died for our sins is very important for our salvation

That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.-John 3:15 
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.-John 3:18

What is the spiritual relationship to God of those who receive and believe in Jesus?

We will have a relationship with the Father as his sons by receiving the light and believing in Jesus.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: -John 1:12

Of those who do not?

Eternal damnation will come to the unbelievers.

but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.-John 3:18

• 4 weeks later...

Q3 (John 1:12-13) What does it mean to "receive" Jesus? What does it imply to "believe in" Jesus? What is the spiritual relationship to God of those who receive and believe in Jesus? Of those who do not?

Believing fully implies total surrender to a higher power that is so high one has no other logical and emotional   choice. the Holy Spirit will show us the truth and then we must surrender old to become born again; we must surrender ALL. This is not so easy that it happens in one fell swoop, but it can. For each of us it is different, how He peels the onion layers of our life. God is so good and loving how he does this. That is how and why we come to love Him above all else. The surrender to His peace is hard to explain, but wonderful to live. Those who have not yet, they still are being led by God, and perhaps later they will. Choice is wonderful, and can be painful. Love/sacrifice can be painful, like the birth of a new child into this world. For those who do not receive, we must pray for them as we pray for our Christian brothers.

All who welcome JJesus is Christ as Lord of their lives are reborn spiritually, receiving new life from God. Through faith in Christ, this new birth changes us from the inside out rearranging our attitudes, desires , motives. Being born again makes you physically alive and places you in your parents's family. Being born of God makes you spiritually alive and puts you in God's family.

All who welcome JJesus is Christ as Lord of their lives are reborn spiritually, receiving new life from God. Through faith in Christ, this new birth changes us from the inside out rearranging our attitudes, desires , motives. Being born again makes you physically alive and places you in your parents's family. Being born of God makes you spiritually alive and puts you in God's family.

Q3 (John 1:12-13) What does it mean to "receive" Jesus?

What is the spiritual relationship to God of those who receive and believe in Jesus?

Of those who do not?

As I went into the world from college, I began to receive the world and became almost lost. I ignored many commandments and created a few of my own. Then in 2007 seeking God, the Holy Spirit came again to me, and I received Jesus. He had been calling me all the time, but I was too busy following my ego that justified many self-centered fears. They had blocked me from receiving Jesus. Some moments are still a struggle, the ego making God little. We are all sick and suffering of not enough Jesus, not receiving Him like He told us to do in John 15

Believe that only He can save us, from evil, from sin and from certain death into eternity.

To thos who receive and believe, they know that much prayer and capture of every thought is critical to leading a Christ like life.

May heaven help those who have not yet let Him in. So we must pray for all of us to receive and believe.

• 3 weeks later...

What it means to "receive Jesus is, we include Him in our life and we recognize His authority in our life.

What it implies to "believe" in Jesus is, we entrust oneself to Him with complete confidence. We make a total commitment to Christ.

The spiritual relationship to God of those who receive and believe in Jesus is, the right to become children of God, to be adopted into His family.

Those who reject Christ have no right or authority to consider themselves children of God.

• 3 weeks later...

To receive Jesus to me, means to let him take control of my life, for me to take him as the word and to glory in the gift as a son of God. To totally trust in Jesus.  It is a new birth, it is a new regeneration of life. We are brought into the light and we are no longer afraid of the dark. Those that do not have that, may the Lord have mercy, they are in the darkness and have no direction in their lives but themselves, and the Devil leading them.  They have no help in conquering the evil.

• 1 month later...

To receive Jesus means that we accept all that is written and known about Him. We do not have to really believe all of this. We recognise that He is greater than we are but we do not understand how or why. Our hearts are not really open to Him.

To believe in Jesus, we acknowledge who He is and why He is. And we extend our trust in Him to supply us with what we need.

God will send the Holy Spirit to us if we receive and believe in Him. We will receive God's grace. We will be able to communicate more with God this way. Our world would become different. We will rise about the pettyness of the world around us.

I believe that those who do not accept and receive and believe that their world will be a constant chaos with there always being a longing that they cannot fill, a constant void in their hearts.

• 1 month later...

Jesus becomes your life, you recognize His authority and position as The Son of God.

You trust Him, totally commit to Him, that He is truth.

We are the children of God we have been re-born spiritually, we have the right to say we are the children of God.

They are not spiritual children of God, only in the sense of creation

• 2 weeks later...

To accept what He did on Calvary for my sins. Also, to accept him into my life and let Him be Lord. To ask Him to forgive my sins.

To believe that He is God and the only one who could die for my sins and accept His atonement for me. He took my place. I have faith that He did this for me . I asked Him and I believe in Him.

We become the children of God and we are born of God.

Of those who do not?

They that don't receive and believe in Him are not HIs children and are not born of God.

• 2 weeks later...

1. To “receive” Jesus means to recognize and accept His authority.  2) To “believe in” Jesus is to turn your life over to Him entirely and to trust in Him unconditionally and without reservation.  3) "He gave the right to become children of God" 4) Without the new birth we can't claim "authority" to be called God's children

• 2 weeks later...

To receive Jesus is to open your heart, mind and soul and invite Jesus in. To welcome Him into your life and to guide you into salvation through the Holy Spirit. Feel the love He bestows on you, the peace, the contentment.

To believe in Jesus is to know He exists throughout the universe. He is the Alpha and Omega with God. It is knowing He is the Son of God, the most high. It is to know that He became flesh to sacrifice himself to give us the hope of salvation and the hope to live with Him and His Father for eternity in the Kingdom of God. It is to know that to do this, He had to be rejected, interrogated, betrayed, ridiculed, hated, beatened, flogged, crucified; but, most of all, He not only took upon himself these things, but within Him the sins of the world - past, present and future. I can't imagine the pain physically, emotionally and spiritually within Him. His Father, our God, forsook Him because of the evil temporarily within Him. He did this for us because He loves us so much. How can we not respect Him, worship Him, love Him, be devoted to Him. It is an honor and a priviledge to call him brother, friend, Redeemer, Saviour, Master and our King.

God loves Jesus so much and has given Him all the authority in heaven and earth. He sacrifice His one and only begotten Son to suffer and die for our sins. God knew what He was putting Jesus through and why. To those who receive and believe in Jesus as stated above, God gives everlasting life, free from physical, emotional and spiritual pain, and full of life and love in His Kingdom to come.

Of those who do not?

For those who do not receive and believe in Jesus will die in the lake of fire on the Day of Judgment. God is merciful. Though it is an eternal, everlasting death, I believe it will not be everlasting, ongoing pain and suffering.

• 1 month later...

To receive Jesus means to welcome and accept Him as Christ the Messiah, our Savior.   His own (the Jewish people) did not receive or believe Him to be the Christ. To believe means we accept Him has Christ, the Son of God who was born into this sinful world, died for our sins and arose on the third day and ascended into the Heavens to sit on the right side of God. When we believe this, then we are reconciled to God thru Jesus Christ and given the gift of eternal life. If you do not believe, your soul will be lost.

Receiving and believing in Jesus means accepting him as the Son of God and God. Receiving him in your heart by faith that he really was God in the flesh who walked on earth. Living for him and following all his commandments because he has the authority over your life mTrust all that he is, said, and did with no exceptions. By believing and receiving Jesus we have a spiritual relationship with God. We have the gift and the right to truly be Children of God. Our spirits are reborn and come to life.

All souls are made and belong to God. We can have knowledge or an intellectual belief of God but when we have a walking, talking, living, breathing obedience to Jesus then we are really receiving. Those that don't fully accept or even accept Jesus are spiritually dead and don't have the privilege of being Children of God. They don't have his inheritance.

Q3 (John 1:12-13) What does it mean to “receive” Jesus? It means to acknowledge that He is truly the Savior, who gave His life for all those whom believe in Him. 

What does it imply to “believe in” Jesus? Believe that Jesus pay the price for our sins and belief in Him, we have eternal life.

What is the spiritual relationship to God of those who receive and believe in Jesus? heavenly Father Of those who do not? sinners