JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Secure by Faith

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:) God offers His protection to His children, and only He has the power to make this offer. Our part is to take His word by faith and know that He keeps His promises!

One of my very favorite songs (and scripture) is: "For I know Whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that day." (!! Timothy 1:12b)

My friends, we serve an awesome God, and our God is in control!!

God's part in securing our salvation is "God will help us remain true to our faith.The Holy Spirit is our helper.

God will get us through trying times of this world.

Matthew 28:16-20.Most of us know these scriptures.

"Our Lord Jesus Christ said"I will be with you always".

Our faith activates this protection and salvation we have with God.Psalm 91"Lord God" ,Hide me,hide me away oh God.Even as you have promised in your word.Amen! Blessings Linda

:) It's God's power that keeps us for salvation through faith. I believe that faith is in Jesus! And this faith is through grace and is a gift from God. Eph. 2:8

I think that salvation is totally from God. Our part is believing but even that's God's gift.

Sassyblue8

The Word of God expresses clearly that God is sovereign, that He is ultimately in control. His role in the salvation of man has no limits. He guides and protects us along the road of salvation that eventually leads to our place with Him. Even the very faith that we have to make the decision to accept His free gift of everlasting life through His Son Jesus Christ is a merciful gift from the father. Our role is certainly less in the salvation experience but the decision is still ours to make and vitally important to the finished work of Christ. The Lord is a Gentleman and even though He desires that none should be lost, free will still plays a role. The issue of God's sovereignty and the free will of man and how that works together is a mystery that I believe is answered out in eternity. Some believe that God plays the role alone in man's salvation while others believe that salvation rests totally on man's own initiative. I believe the Bible clearly indicates that it is both the act of God and of man. Somewhere out in eternity the two roles merge in perfect harmony.

God will help us remain true to our faith, whatever difficult

times we must face. The "coming last days" is the judgement Day of Christ. We might have to endure many things but our soul cannot be harm(it is secure), if we have accepted Christ's gift of salvation. We know we will receive the promise reward. WE MUST KEEP THE FAITH AND BE AN HUMBLE OBEDIENT SERVANT. :D

Hi

I must only beleive in Him. By Faith alone will one be safed.

God will not allow anything to happen to me that is not according to his Will and Plan. That does not mean I can become totally reckless or that it will only be good in my life. Bad things do happen to "good" exaplary Christians.

Johann

Q3. (1:5) According to 1 Peter 1:5, what is God's part in securing your salvation? What is your part?

There are 2 interesting issues in verse 5.

a) shield by God's power until the coming of salvation

B) ready to be revealed in the last time.

My faith in God and the redemptive work of Christ guarantee my salvation. However, that faith will be tested many times and I'm confident that God will shield me with His grace in overcoming all those trials so long as I keep faith in and with Him. In doing so, my soul will received the promise of eternal life on judgement day when I will stand before the great throne of the Lamb of God in the last day. In short, come what may, I know that I will never travel alone in life's trouble. I claimed 1 Cor 10:13 along with I Peter 1:5 as I sojourn through this life.

God's part is everything! He provides the perfect sacrifice, who He then raises from the dead so that there is hope. He calls us, empowers us, keeps and shields us. He created us to be in relationship with Him, gave us ears to hear and minds to comprehend.

And yet, we must have faith! In His perfect wisdom, He desires a response from us, an opening of the door. Somehow our trust and belief play a role. What percentage of the whole is our part? I'm not sure.

What is God's part in securing your salvation?

Basically everything. We ae totally and completely dependant on Him, His power, His all knowing His being everywhere, His being sovereign over the universe and everything in it..

Nehemiah 9:6 says

You alone are the Lord;

You have made heaven,

The heaven of heavens, with all their host,

The earth and everything on it,

The seas and all that is in them,

And YOU preserve them all

The host of heaven worships you.

What is my part?

Faith and even that I am dependant on Him for.

What a mighty God He is!!

God Bless

Jen

God's part in securing our salvation is in His protection, His guarantee, His promise to keep us. Tho' we may go thru many struggles, hardships and challenges, Jesus promises to keep us. And our part is to follow Him.

John 10:27, 28 tell us My sheep listen to my voice; I know them and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand

God' s love or grace surrounds me and pushes me to move forward with my life. He has a course planned for me throughout my life and what he would wish me to follow. However, because of 'free will' I have to make my own choices and being human I sometimes take the right path and often I follow the wrong way the way I think I should go and not listen to my heart or conscious . In life I have a very poor sense of direction. nine times out of ten if I think I should be travelling east , the correct way to be going is west. It is uncanny how often I am wrong. Often I think ok I want to go right , but left is probably the rway I should be travelling.

In my relationship with God perhaps I use the same analogy. I make mistakes, but from the mistakes I learn and I know that God is there with me , guiding, urging and prompting me -- I have to learn to listen to what my heart is saying. :)

What is God's part in securing my salvation? His word! My part is to have the faith till the end. No matter how high the fire is! I know for myself as I am going through a tough time somehow you just want to keep on loving and hoping and keeping the faith that He asks us to have to endure.

:rolleyes:

God is the author of our salvation.

He has, in his infinite wisdom and love

sacrificed his Son Jesus Christ for saving us.

Once we have accepted the call of Jesus Christ

and sustained ourselves to be obedient to Him

with the help of Holy Spirit,God will protect us

till we receive our unperishable inheritance.

Thus God's part and our part are interwoven, though

we are always dependent on HIM to fulfil our part.

:P

Those of us who have grasped at (vigorously received)the living hope (v3) have entered the quickening, the new birth. God has begotten us again. (Just imagine! Jesus Himself was begotten, not made!) Father births us in the spirit, and then powerfully protects (guards, keeps, watches over, sets His angels round about) us. cf Romans 8:38, 39 Neither death, nor life, nor principalities (demonic) nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus, our Lord.

Our part is to rejoice, :D give thanks, :) praise adoration and worship, :lol: and walk in this new life, and introduce others! That is our faith (in the sense of keeping faith with God, for He certainly keeps faith with us! :rolleyes: )

Q3. (1:5) According to 1 Peter 1:5, what is God's part in securing your salvation? What is your part?

Q3. (1:5) According to 1 Peter 1:5, what is God's part in securing your salvation?

God keeps us close and reserves a place in heaven for those who accept Jesus Christ

What is your part?

To have faith and believe that it is only through Jesus we have salvation.