JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Secure by Faith

Q3. (1:5) According to 1 Peter 1:5, what is God's part in securing your salvation? What is your part?

Past Jesus death for our sin's and his rescue from our sins (old way) Present God on our behalf helps us in our present circumstances and rescueses us from our problems and sins Future When Christ returns we will be completely rescued from our worldly existence and be fully immersed in his presence.

My part is to continue to work on my salvation with fear & trembling.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q3. (1:5) According to 1 Peter 1:5, what is God's part in securing your salvation? What is your part?
1.Gods part is to just be God for he will protect those who believe and live by faith in his Son Jesus Christ who Bore our sin and brought them to the cross where he died but God rised him on the 3rd day and those who believe and have accepted Chist..... God will do the same for them :rolleyes:

• 5 weeks later...

Gods part in securing our salvation is to shield us, our part is to be faithful.

God loves us, sinner and saved.

He keeps us. Through faith we follow the path of rightousness, thereby avoiding the darts, traps, and pitfalls set up by the enemy. Through His word, and the Holy Ghost we are guided ( when we listen and are obedient) . It is the same as when a natural parent provides food , clothing, and shelter for thier children, giving advise,warnings and teaching them to shield them from danger, heartache, hurt and pain. This is our spiritual father and creator doing the same for us spiritually.We as His chilldren need to faithful follow where He leads us , trusting in His love and infinite wisdom.

• 2 months later...

God sent His only Son our Lord to die for us through his blood our sins were washed away and through his resurrection we are born again.This gift of God is for everyone all you need do is accept His gift.

Once we are saved God shields us from the enemy until our lord returns for us.

We need to have faith in God , this faith grows as we get to know Him better through the study of His word and constant prayer.When God planted His seed He meant for us to nourish it in order to bare fruit that His name may be glorified.

God's part is to protect us from all harm. We are protected by the power of God. The condition required for God's protection is our faith. A living faith in Christ as Lord and Savior is our present responsibility in maintaining God's continual protection. The ultimate goal of God's protection through our faith is salvation. This salvation is the future final salvation, the obtaining of an inheritance in heaven and the salvation of our souls. We have to stand on and believe in our faith in Jesus Christ.

• 1 month later...

(1:5) According to 1 Peter 1:5, what is God's part in securing your salvation? What is your part?

God offers us His protection and salvation but it cannot become active until we accept it by faith. I believe we are not meant to understand how these two things are both necessary and work together because God's thoughts are higher than ours.

• 1 month later...

Q3. (1:5) According to 1 Peter 1:5, what is God's part in securing your salvation?

His grace and mercy on us. Sending Jesus to die for us. Removing our sins. Pardoning us. and rising again to defeat death.

What is your part?

Believing in and acceptin Christ as our savior. The living our lives for him. Following the plan he has for us.

• 3 weeks later...

1Pe 1:5 They are for you, who through faith are kept safe by God's power for the salvation which is ready to be revealed at the end of time.

God has promised that we will be kept safe until the end of time if we are faithful to Him. This means that we have to be obedient and keep His commandments. God is omnipotent and his power keeps us safe for our Salvation at the 2nd coming of Jesus which is the end of time.

• 1 month later...

We are kept by God's power bcause of the faith we have placed in Him. Our eternal security is not based on the faith in men but, on the faithfulness of God. We are being saved daily through (santification); and will be saved completely when Christ return. My part is to keep trusting until He somes

• 5 weeks later...

Salvation is secure is garanty because if we believe we wait in the Lord . As I said before salvation is not something pratical is a action come by put our faith in Jesus . Salvation speaking in practical way does not need more sacrify does not need more taking bath as for cleasing does not need to ofert blood of animal and the reazon why is because Jesus did one time and for all , we die also with Jesus in the cross and may be you will ask explain ? Simple the old is gone a new life as born . Nicodemus do not inderstand this he ask him self how can this be possible . And I say to him if you see what only you can see it will not happen but if you believe on what you can not see it happen . Before to accept Jesus as my savior my spirit was dead to sin and my corporal body was alive to sin . Now all this change I m alive on spirit and dead to obey Jesus . The Bible say to offert our members to a living sacrify to the Lord is not you go and kill you body NOT it is to kill all those bad habits I use to have before I was born again to refuse the body self temptations to offert to Jesus as living ofert because is not more me to live in me but the Holy spirit . The Holy Spirit is our conselor tell us little more my son the time will come and give us prove of this salvation in actions by the spirit and also by phisical actions .

God gave me new birth into a living hope and an imperishible inheritance, and uses his power to shield me until the final revelation of salvation. From what is God shielding me? He is simply protecting me from being snatched away from him. He is NOT shielding me from grief or trials, even though my human nature would wish this were so. But God is only content with genuine faith -- and so he allows me to have trials and sees me through them in order to refine my faith. And, ultimately, he sovereignly makes sure that all who are chosen by him are there with him in the end.

My part is to place my faith in the resurrected Christ, which is the hope God has given us. This simply entails saying yes to the gift of new birth that God has given, and to keep on saying yes as I walk through my life being refined by my trials and sanctified by the Spirit.

• 2 weeks later...

God's part is to protect us till CHrist comes and He already secured our salvation when he allowed his son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross for our sins.

I feel my part is to have faith.

God calls us and then He keeps us in His hands to the redemption of our souls that we may spend eternity with Him. All this is through God's mercy and grace which keeps us from the penalty which we deserve which is death.

Our part is to trust Him and keep our faith even through the trials we go through and not give up or lose our faith because of the trial. We must truly understand that because of our sinful life we are headed for destruction and that it is only be the mercy of God that we can be saved, and through realizing that we turn to God desiring a new life with Him. Therefore we hold on by faith even to the end.

• 2 weeks later...

God provides the security and we are to respond in faith. This faith is an obedient, repentant faith. We can make our calling and election sure with his help by making every effort to increase in our knowledge of Christ. (2 Peter 1:3-11)

• 1 month later...

Q3. (1:5)

According to 1 Peter 1:5, what is God's part in securing your salvation?

What is your part?

As believers in Christ we are eternally secure. God secures our salvation by shielding us by His power. Our part is to keep our faith; for it is through our faith that we are shielded or guarded.

• 1 month later...

He sent his son Jesus to die for us. This secured our salvation.

We are to offer up spiritual sacrifices through Jesus to God. We are to be obediant, to suffer for Him, to love one another for Him and to grow in Him.

It is threefold:

He sent Jesus to die for our sins so that we may begin a new life in Him

He is always with us guiding us to live for Him and grow in our knowledge of Him

He has promised us that Christ will return and all the pain will be taken away and we will be with Him.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

If we believe and understand what Jesus said, He is our only hope. We do our best, and especially Matthew 28:16-20, where he said, The Great Commission:

16Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

• 4 weeks later...

GOD PROMISES TO KEEP ME SECURE, WATCH OVER ME AND PROTECT ME AS A GUARD. HOWEVER I NEED TO STAY IN FAITH AND NOT WALK AWAY FROM GOD BY DOING MY OWN THING.I DO HAVE A CHOICE AS TO WHETHER I CONTINUE FOLLOWING IN THE FAITH OR NOT.I CHOOSE TO SERVE AND FOLLOW HIM ALL THE DAYS OF MY LIFE BECAUSE HE IS WORTHY.!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...