Q3. Secure by Faith

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

God's part -

When we accept God's call to become one of His children, we come under the protective cover of our Father. Just like a human father who provides, protects, and will do whatever it takes to carry this out, God also provides, protects, guards us, loves us and hurts so much if we slip out from under His wings.

My part?

While in this human state we may face persecution, trials of all sorts, circumstances that are not easy nor comfortable, but through all of this we need to hold fast to the faith that God has given us. The end result will be our promised inheritance that we will receive at the end time.

:rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Q3. (1:5) According to 1 Peter 1:5, what is God's part in securing your salvation? What is your part?

It is just about all God's part. Salvation comes directly from his love towards mankind in making the gift of His Son and His atoning sacrifice and conquest of death. Jesus paid the penalty for our sins, which we do not in any way deserve. Through His great sacrifice, we can be forgiven. We need to believe and respond as Jesus has taught us. We accept Him as our Lord and He will protect us. He is our rock. The bargain is very lop-sided.

By the way I am surprised that you didn't emphasise Peter's reference to rebirth through God's great mercy. Both Paul and Peter confirm Jesus' injunction that we have to be born again of water and the Spirit to enter the Kingdom of heaven.

• 1 year later...
Q3. (1:5) According to 1 Peter 1:5, what is God's part in securing your salvation? What is your part?

All members of the trinity work together to bring about our salvation . The Father chose us before we chose Him. Jesus Christ the Son died on the cross and shed His blood for us while we were still sinners. The Holy Spirits brings us benefits of salvation , and sets us apart for God's service.

We're called into a living hope of eternal life, Our hope is not only for the future, eternal life begin when we trust Christ and join God's family , no matter what pain or trial we face in this life , we know that it is not our final experience. Eventually we will be with Christ forever.

God's part is to guard and watch over our Salvation. His power is able to do this. Our part is to recieve that truth by faith, putting our whole trust and hope in it.

When we falter in our faith in God's protection, we insult his power. By keeping faith in Him, we invite his protection upon us. I do feel there's a part of this I'm not able to fully grasp because God can protect all at his will, but I just trust and try to do my part. The rest is in his hands.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.joyfulheart.com/forums/index.ph...;f=33&t=148

We are to keep the faith, And God will reveal the Salvation.

• 2 weeks later...

According to 1 Peter 1:5, in securing your salvation God's part is to protect us, to guard us as we through faith

continue to serve and worship God until the coming of our Savior.

• 2 weeks later...

Q3. (1:5) According to 1 Peter 1:5, what is God's part in securing your salvation?

God promised to keep us safe by His power. What an awesome promise. God's promises are always fulfilled.

What is your part?

We need to be obedient, love the Lord our God, have faith in the Lord and walk in that faith. Believe that through Jesus we have salvation.

• 1 month later...

Once I have accepted Jesus as Saviour, God promises to keep my salvation safe. Nothing on this earth above or below it can separate me from the love of God

BUT

I have to continue to grow and develop as a Christian, go to Church, learn God's will and follow it and fellowship with Him

ONLY I CAN SEPARATE ME FROM GOD

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
God will keep me and protect me as long as I walk with Him and put my faith and trust in Him. If I choose to leave Him, He will lift His Hand of protection from me.

hi patsy,

my name is carol aka heavenlygirl6450. when i read your response today i just had to reply to you. please do not take this in the wrong way, but i need to disagree with you and this is why. in 1967-8 i asked Jesus into my heart. a few years later my parents decided to pack up the house and the last 4 kids of 7 and move to the state of ny from mass so they could attend bible school out there. a year later i too joined the school but God did not call me to go. the reasons are many so i will just say i went. after the second year i left and not only did i leave the school but i left God too. that was around 1972. in 2000 i moved down here to florida to be closer to my dad. a vow i made to my mother before she died. but things did not work out as i had hoped they would. in jan of '01 my father and i had a huge fight. it was over what some ladies where i lived had said about me. i felt betrayed and alone then and i felt angry. nothing my whole life ever amount to anything and i felt worthless and really didn't want to be here anymore. that march my dad had a stroke and i was blamed for it. though the doctor said i didn't cause it my family members did. one nite i laid in bed and prayed; Lord, i can't take this anymore. please help me come back home. for 30 odd years i lived my life the way i wanted to live it. i was married 4 times and divorced 4 times. i have had guns pointed at me by one of my ex's, hung around with drug uses and dealers, and have done things that only i and God know about. in those years God HAS protected me. He protected me from being shot between the eyes, the gun was 2 ft from my forehead, He used those dealers and addicts to keep me from using drugs. He watched over me when i was homeless. He protects. and i think maybe those who think He doesn't because they have left Him is because they feel they aren't worthy of His protection because they feel guilty for leaving Him in the first place. i have seen Him work. i have been blessed by the miracles He has given to me. i'm sure you have heard there are times we feel that He is not listening or talking to us. well that is what i think happens. we just don't see or feel Him around us because He will never make us do anything we dont want to do. we have to have a giving heart. i hope you can understand now why i had to disagree and hope you will be bless by this study.

in His love,

your sister carol

it is my understanding that God's part is to shield us from all evil one tries to do to us here on earth. His, God's power is unmatched by any other power that Satan has so God protects us from him (aka IT). God will continue to protect us until the second coming of

Christ in the end time.

our part is to keep the faith and keep close to God every day for the rest of our lives. it is Christ's blood that saved us and we are to be as faithful to Him as He is to us. or at least do our best.

Answer: God's part in securing my salvation is to protect me from harm and sickness, trials and temptations, providing my needs and most of all giving me the fruit of the Holy Spirit.

My part is to have faith and follow the teaching of Jesus Christ and his apostles.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...