JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Secure by Faith

God's part is guarding or watching over our salvation.

Our part is to have faith that God will protect and keep our salvation.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q3. (1:5) According to 1 Peter 1:5, what is God's part in securing your salvation? What is your part?

God's part is to protect us.

Our part is to be faithful and true to God.

God provides us armor. His shield, the shield of faith quenches all the flaming arrows of the evil one. It is through faith we are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that will be revealed in the last time, last days; Jesus' second coming.

God's part was to making it available (which He has already done) and is to see that it continues to be available by guarding it and us who are to enter into it.

Our part is to want it and then realising that we cannot hold on to it on our own, have faith in GOd's ability and willingness to guard us and lead us to own it. God does not go against our wills. It is up to us to subject our wills to Him and yield ourselves to Him completely..

We, with our faith and God with His protection can together enter into the fullness of all the wonderful things God has in store for us!!

• 1 month later...

Q3. (1:5) According to 1 Peter 1:5, what is God's part in securing your salvation? What is your part?

My part in securing my Salvation is to live by faith continually. The Just shall live by faith...faith in the finished work of Jesus on the Cross. I cannot depart from that Truth. However, this revelation of knowing that Jesus died for all, produces in me the desire of no longer living for myself but for Him. In other words, my life of obedience by faith will keep my name written in the Lamb's Book of Life.

God's part is supplying the Grace and Mercy to keep, protect, and sercure me in this Great Salvation. My obedience by faith activates God's Greatness, Power, and Faithfulness to Keep me until that Day.

<_< God's part in securing my salvation, according to Peter, is to continue exercising His soverignty and limitless power in faithfully shielding me from the evil one until the Consumation. My part is to continue trusting in Him whose Word proves He has always been faithful to keep His promises.

• 2 weeks later...

Gods' part in securing my salvation was set from the beginning until the end and never changed, as He has also protected me and will continue to protect me by His Power for this cause, as I go through the firey trials of life so as to refine and purify my conscious.

My part is to have Faith/Believe that this is true as I endure the trials and grow in His Love continually/uninterrupted.

• 3 weeks later...

God sent his son to die on the cross to take away our sins so, we may be saved.

We are to repent for all our sins and ask him to show us the way, the truth and the life. so that we may have faith in God even if it a small amout, because, without faith he cannot protect us. I must know that he will be there to guide me and help me to grow in his name.

• 3 weeks later...

God's part in securing my salvation--I believe that He continues the good work that He has begun in us to keep us on the straight and narrow path. He protects us from the enemy and provides for us a place of shelter. He continually works on our behalf to show us the way to go.

Our part in in loving Him, spending time with Him and His word so that He can do his perfect work and being careful to obey.

• 2 weeks later...

God sent his son to die for us and has welcomed us into his fold. He has already completed his part . We cant add anything to it. Yet we are to believe and by believing we obey his word. Yes nothing can pluck us from God's hand but maybe we can walk away from him.We can turn our backs on Him and what he has done for us.

so our part is to rest assure in his saving grace and obey his word.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I believe the answer to this question begins in verse 3. "In His great mercy He has given us new birth.....(and then in verse 4) ..."and into an INHERITANCE that can never perish, spoil or fade... To me it seems that this is saying that God brings us into this inheritance, it is his doing, his will. We do not produce it. Our part is to believe that we are saved (vs 5..who through faith..)Romans 10:10, Eph 2:8-10, Gal. 3:24. There are many many verses in the bible that point out the importance of our faith.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...