JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Judgment and Gospel

Q3. (1:17) Why are people in our culture so upset when they sense they are being judged by someone else? How do you reconcile final judgment with God's love for the world? Why must final judgment be at the core of the Good News of Jesus Christ? What happens to the Gospel when final judgment is left out or ignored?

Because of pride, because they are hurt through betrayal, Sometimes they are misjudged. and because some are being exposed in their sins.

When Solom received his kingdom he asked God to " Give therefore thy servant an understanding heart to judge thy people, That I may discern between good and bad; for who is able to jude so great a people? " ( 1 King3:9 )( James 1: 5 says )" If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him" We should pray for good judgment ability.

Do not judge another when you do not have all the revelant facts. ( Jeremiah 5: 1 ) says, " Run ye to and fro through the streets of Jerusalem, and see now, and know, and seek in the broad places thereof, if ye can find a man, if there be any that executeth judgment, that seekth truth; and I will pardon. " A true judge is one who seeks the truth, If you must judge, be sure and get all the facts.

Remember the words of Jesus in ( Matthew 7:2 ) " For with what judgement ye judge, Ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete out., It shall be measured to you again" You'll reap what you sow ( Gal. 6:7-8). If you are swift to judge and harsh in judging others, then God will see to it that you receive the same from others. Has God not been very merciful to you, even though you deserved it not? Likewise, you should exercise mercy toward others.

Let me put it finally in a systematic way: God's purpose in the blood of Jesus is our justification and our sanctification. Our pardon and purity. They cannot be seperated

Therefore, if in our conduct we are tempted to act as though the preciousness and the perfomance of the blood of Jesus were impotent to hold us back from sin, then we shuold fear. Because if our lives bear constant witness to the powerlessness of the blood of Jesus, then Jesus is not really our hope and joy. And we do not belong to Him. And that is a fearful prospect.

The sum of the matter is this; hope in the grace of God! And fear not hoping in the grace of God! Fear the behavior that would show you don't trust in the all- satisfying preciousness of the Love of Jesus. If it were not for the purifying blood of Jesus and the forgiviness of God who chose us out of the sinful world and died on the cross for us. where would we be. There is a final judgement before God Almighty. That is the true judgement with us.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Criticism is never received well for the reasons you all have listed and also because the person doing the criticizing is never perfect either. It leads to a response something like, "How dare he/she?!"

But as Christians we should expect and welcome God's judgement as both he and his decisions are perfect. With his love and the crucifixion of his son comes expectations for obedient living, similar to parents' expectations of their children as members of the family. Final judgement will precede the afterlife and therefore is very connected with the Good News - that because of Christ, we don't have to perish but can have eternal life. Because our citizenship is in heaven and we are held to those standards, without judgement we would not know how much we were "good and faithful servants" for Christ. We need to have a day of reckoning to be held accountable. Then our citizenship in heaven means something.

• 2 weeks later...

People in the world feel they ' are sufficient unto themselves ' and don't need advice or rebuke from others. They are in control of their own destinies and don't need judgement from others. This would upset them as they are filled with pride and are hurt when others criticise or question their judgment. Until they face the consequences of their wrong decisions.

Final judgment is our reward for our righteousness here on earth. Conversely, final judgment is the time when some come face to face with the result of their unbelief and are condemned. But God loves His people, and is kind and forgiving and gives us all a 2nd chance right up to the end of our lives, to repent and accept Jesus into our hearts.

Our Salvation and eternal life in His Kingdom is the essence of His final judgment. If we have accepted Him into our hearts, repented and been baptised in the name of the Holy Spirit, and into a life with Jesus, this is at the core of the Good News and the final judgment.

The Gospel news of Christ is fulfilled. Christ said He would say to those who had rejected Him here on earth, meaning that they had rejected the Gospel message, ' I don't know you '. By doing this He would leave them out and ignore them as far as their Salvation was concerned.

I have a poster on my wall that says ' Believe that your life is worth living, and your beliefs will help create the fact' - to remind me of the times in the past when I was lost in my belief of Jesus and His promises to me.

Christ 'redeemed' us, i.e. He paid the price for our sin on the cross. If He created us, our worth to Him because of this is far greater than all the treasures of the world.

God's love for me is worth so much that he allowed His only Son to pay the ultimate price, death by crucifixion.

Material things here on earth have no long-term value. They are 'but for a season'. They bring some joy and often a lot of unhappiness.

Our Long-term investment is the wealth and worth we create through our 'preparation' here on earth for our eternal lives. Eternity is a long, long time. It is beyond our comprehension as we are so tied down to our time factors here in this world. But it is a worthwhile investment for we will have all the promises of God in Heaven. And they are worth striving for.

No one likes having flaws pointed out regardless if they're real flaws ornot. People get upset because most times when others judge and criticize, it is not done with a spirit of love and correction, but instead with one of jealousy, hurtfulness, etc.

I reconcile final judgment with God's love for the world by believing that while He is a loving God, He is also a just God; a God who defends His children against Satan and his principalities of darkness.

Final judgment is at the core of the Good News of the Jesus Christ because when Christ died on the cross, He defeated Satan and sin. There was victory! If final judgment is ingored it goes against the reality of Christ's death, defeat over satan and our salvation -- all which is promised to us in His word.

• 1 month later...
Q3. (1:17) Why are people in our culture so upset when they sense they are being judged by someone else? How do you reconcile final judgment with God's love for the world? Why must final judgment be at the core of the Good News of Jesus Christ? What happens to the Gospel when final judgment is left out or ignored?

They feel upset because the spotlight has been put on their actions or lifestyle. God has to judge us to find us worthy of spending eternity with Him in heaven. Nothing impure can live with Him. Please should know the whole truth of the Good News of Christ and the judgement to give them the chance to choose which is important life eternal with Christ or how they choose to live in this world. When the final judgement is left out it gives only half the truth of whats to come.

• 1 month later...

People are lead to think what ever is good for them at that moment in time is right for them so theres no need for judgment. They think no ones better than anyone else so who can judge them.

God loves the world so much he can't allow evil to go unpunished. The final judgment has to be done to rid the world of evil making everyone left holy. Bringing the world back to where it was before sin came in.

Then you would have no reason to believe the Bible if we just did our own thing died and became worm bait in the ground. You would have no meaning to existence no reason to go on nothing to look forward toat the end of this life on earth.

People become upset when judged by others because they do not want others to show them their faults, even though one do turn things around after being told about it. As opposed to people judging you, who may be harsh, God's judgement will be just with grace. This judgement must come as the gospel speaks to the righteousness of God. Judgment cannot be ignored, there is a standard that must be upheld any thing else must be judged.

1 People get upset by being judged because they feel condemned. Often how we feel about ourselves is based on what others think of us

2 The final judgement MUST be left in God's Hands. He is a gracious, compassionate God who will judge with justice, grace and mercy. He sees man's heart and motives and will judge on what we cannot know. All I need to 'worry' about is my judgement and how I live my life for God now.

3 Final judgement must be at the core of the Good News of Jesus Christ because there can be no love, mercy or grace without justice. The whole point of Jesus' death was to bring justice and end sin.

4 If judgement is left out or ignored, it makes a mockery of the Cross and means that sin is unimportant, we can do what we like cos God doesn't care. And if God doesn't care when we go wrong, He doesn't care when we go right and He doesn't care about us. There are not boundaries.

• 1 month later...

PEOPLE IN OUR CULTURE DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT OTHERS JUDGING THEM BECAUSE IT SHOWS THEM THAT THEY ARE NOT AS GOOD AS THEY THINK THEY ARE. GOD LOVES US ALL. WHEATHER WE ARE BELIEVERS OR SINNERS OF UNBELIEF. HE SENT HIS ONLY SON TO EARTH TO DIE FOR USE ALL. IN THE DAY OF JUDGMENT GOD WILL BE JUDGING OUT OF HIS COMPASSION AND GRACE. HE DOES NOT LIKE TO SEE ANYONE LOST, BUT FOR THOSE WHO DENY HIM WILL BE LOST FOREVER.

I believe people in our culture feel this way because we live in a free country, so therefore they also feel that they should be able to live their lives however they so choose, no matter the consequences.

God loves each one of us so much, but as a loving parent, He cannot allow us to live a life contrary to His Word and then us expect Him to overlook it. A loving father disciplines his children and brings them back into alignment with his rules just as our loving heavenly Father does the same according to His Word.

For every act we do, whether right or wrong, there is a consequence. Knowing what these consequences are helps God's children make better choices for their lives. Also, I for one do not want to stand before God at the judgment with unforgiven sin.

People would have no reason to obey God's Word if there was no final judgment. They could go on and live there lives seeking pleasures of the flesh until they die and then go away into nothingness. It's sad that so many people think that once you die there is nothing left and won't realize until they are gone from this earth that they really did have a choice.

Why are people in our culture so upset when they sense they are being judged by someone else?

Humans are proud. They don't want to be reminded of their flaws. They are self-righteous. They hate others telling them the wrongs they did. They don't like to repent because they think they did no wrong.

How do you reconcile final judgment with God's love for the world?

God is just. He will judge us accordingly in the final day. He loves us that's why He sent His only son to save us from eternal death. But if we still refuse His plan for us then we will face the judgment that we deserve.

Why must final judgment be at the core of the Good News of Jesus Christ?

It is conclusion of the Gospel. Good came to save us. If we accept Him, we will reap the benefits of it which is eternal life in heaven. However; if we refuse Him then God will send us to where we belong- to hell with our master-Satan.

What happens to the Gospel when final judgment is left out or ignored?

We will continue our companionship with Master Satan in hell.

• 2 months later...

People of the world feel threathened and get angry when someone judges another. I try to remember that jesus teaches us to never judge but to allow him to take care of all the judging and he calls us to love one another. Final judgement must be left up to Jesus for if we judge everyone how can others ever find out about the love that Jesus has to offer? The Gospel is shown in true form at final judgement only if jesus love is shown.

• 4 months later...

I think they are upset because they don't want their hidden sins judged. They want everything to be okay in their world. We live in a society where God has been taken out and anything and everything is alright. I think in a sense, they don't think they are doing anything wrong. We can reconcile by askingGod's forgiveness for the world. Pray for them continually, asking for their eyes to be opened. That his love and his word will go forth. God promised that his word would go forth to the ends of the world. To everybody, for a chance to receive salvation before the judgment. It is not his will that any should perish. If it is left out or ignored, people will not have the chance to here about God, repent of their sins, and become a child of God. The truth has to be exposed. This world is blinded by the devil's lies and they are dying without hope.

3. (1:17) Why are people in our culture so upset when they sense they are being judged by someone else? How do you reconcile final judgment with God's love for the world? Why must final judgment be at the core of the Good News of Jesus Christ? What happens to the Gospel when final judgment is left out or ignored?

I believe that in our culture today people

3. (1:17) Why are people in our culture so upset when they sense they are being judged by someone else? How do you reconcile final judgment with God's love for the world? Why must final judgment be at the core of the Good News of Jesus Christ? What happens to the Gospel when final judgment is left out or ignored?

I believe that in our culture today people

• 3 months later...

Secular people and false Christians don't like being judged. They want to be free to do what they want, their way, in their time, without being bound to rules and regulations. However, those who are in Christ are happy to be judged by His Commands because they are helpful for righteous living and holy lives.

Final judgment is almost a reward for our righteous living and will sentence us to a life in His Kingdom and eternity if we have fulfilled the decrees that God has given us through the Son, Jesus Christ.

The Good News is the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and the very purpose of his incarnation here on earth is to bring us Salvation and to reconcile us to God. This is the core of His teaching that he has given us.

We are called as Christians, ie followers of Christ to obey the Gospel that He has given us. If we don't follow His Gospel message, we will not receive a favourable judgment when we stand before Him on the day of Judgment. The Gospel message thus becomes meaningless and irrelevant. Finan Judgment will bring us the reward and very purpose for our striving here on earth to live holy and righteous lives in the light of God's will for us.

• 3 months later...

Is natural for us to get upset went someone judged our actions . The point is is justify or not , I may we can have bases in justify and be correct on other cases we have no logic or bases to be justify so or we admitted or we refuse it . For my the gospel is the base where I can found my self in front of a mirror and see if I m wrong or if the Gospel justify my actions as be true . The spirit also put a anointing in me to correct what is wrong in me or my actions with others . That is the reason if I m a christian I most keep reading the gospel so I can have wisdom also pray to God to guide me in the correct direction . People out of a living gospel do not know what they are doing wrong because they do not know the Gospel of Jesus . For example they may say I do not hurt anyone I m a good person so I m good with God . They may be right to some point but for God is not at some point also because refusing the authority of God is a lot more worse and we can not Justify with actions . Is my responsibility that God is love and he want to love them but how can they let God Love them is they do not acknowledge Jesus came to be your savior ? If I want them to be on the right side with God I have to explain to them what the gospel say about living for Christ and be right with God . In the other hand for me being God person and be a Christian is not enough I most fallow what the Gospel say in my hearth I most do what is right because my love for Jesus . If I put to the side the gospel the teaching is like putting to the side Jesus. the Gospel teach me so I can do right with my hearth what is right to God

I feel the culture gets so upset because it's hard being told you're wrong or looked down on by someone who is just as guilty as you are.

I would reconcile final judgement with God's love by saying" He loves us, but just as a judge sentences us for things we do wrong here on earth, so the same way our Father needs to judge us but He will judge us with love, grace, and mercy. Here on earth judge will sentence us without love and we will get exactly what we deserve. He loves us but as the word says He can't look upon the wrong we do and excuse it, and the Father loves those He disciplines (judges).

When final judgement is left out or ignored in the gospsel, the gospel becomes watered down. In addition, at the end there will be a lot of upset and shocked people. No need to sugar coat the gospel because when Christ went through all He went through and forgave us. His sacrifice lessened the blow we would have at the end. Judgement is a necessary part of the gospel and does not need to be left out.

People of this day are so caught up in themselves that they can do no wrong and better not any one judge them for what they are doing. But I believe the main problem is that they know that they are doing wrong and convictions hits their heart and then they get offensive and upset.

God has showed His wonderful love for the world when He gave His only begotten son to die for us that we might be reconciled back to Him. Therefore that love is what is going to judge us in the end. That Love should draw us closer to Him everyday.

Jesus took our judgment up on the cross of Calvary, therefore He is all the hope that we have in eternal salvation. For without Jesus Christ final judgment would be totally on our own head and we would have no hope.

When final judgment is left out or ignored then is Jesus also left out and ignored and our sins remain on our own heads. For Jesus died for our sins that we could be set free of sin. So without final judgment then there is death.

I think that people in our culture are so quick to judge others and critisize others, but never want the light shone on our own ugliness. We take offense when others appear to be watching us. Being in the spot light is never a good feeling because you are subject to the opinions and criticisms of others. But ultimately, if you attempt to live righteously, then it shouldn't matter.

Final judgement ultimately is the time when we have to own our wrongs. God loves us so He continues to show us grace and mercy, however He also gave us free will. We keep making our own choices, often out of His will. In the same way that we ultimately hold our children accountable for their behaviors, God also holds us accountable. This should be at the core because it should remind us that our actions will ultimately be judged by God. We can please the world if we chose to, but God is ultimately going to be the final judger. It should help us try to stay on the straight and narrow and help curb our selfish desires. When it is left out, we may feed our pride and selfish desires endlessly instead of looking to please God.

• 3 weeks later...

there are too many churches that tickle the ear and our society doesnt want to be told that what they are dong and living is against what God speaks about in his word they want the feel good teachings and they get highly offensive when told the truth

• 4 weeks later...

No one wants to be told by anyone else about what they are doing especailly if what they are doing is wrong. Final judgment is coming and we will get what we deserve. God in his love has given everyone a chance to get what we do not deserve.(eternal life) The final judgment that we so richly deserve (eternity in hell) is what makes the (Good news) good news in that by his grace we can be judged righteous. If final judgment is let out of the Gospel, then the Gospel makes no sense.

• 1 month later...

Q3. (1:17)

Why are people in our culture so upset when they sense they are being judged by someone else?

How do you reconcile final judgment with God's love for the world?

Why must final judgment be at the core of the Good News of Jesus Christ?

What happens to the Gospel when final judgment is left out or ignored?

They see our judgment as hypocritical; often finding fault when we our selves are at fault. Also they ask who are we to judge. God

• 1 month later...

Because society and the World has taught us it's not nice to judge, we are to accept people for what they are no matter what there beliefs are. But God tells us to love the sinner NOT the sin.

Because of God's love for us we do not get what we deserve in that final judgement.

Because we need to understand our sins will be judged, but we will not receive what we deserve because Christ covered our sins with His blood.

What then is the point of Jesus sacrifice if there are no sins to be forgiven in judgement.