JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Judgment and Gospel

In today's society, people wants to gain acceptance from their peers, family and friends.  No one likes rejection or not being unaccepted.  However, as saints, we are given opportunities to live a godly life, holy and honorable.  Jesus understands what we as saints faces on a daily bases, but He has overcome it all and He wants us to follow Him and repent daily of our sins.  Follow God's word.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/30/2004 at 6:35 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q3. (1:17) Why are people in our culture so upset when they sense they are being judged by someone else? How do you reconcile final judgment with God's love for the world? Why must final judgment be at the core of the Good News of Jesus Christ? What happens to the Gospel when final judgment is left out or ignored?

The people of our culture upset when they sense they are being judged by someone because they feel it is only the creator (God) who have the right to judge them, even Jesus Christ says so in Matthew 7:1-4.

God's love for the world and final judgment can be reconcile through the way we lives our live in the present, as everyone will give account at judgment day. God's love unconditionally and judge each person according to their works impartially. 

The final judgment must be at the core of the Good New of Jesus Christ because He paid the price of our salvation and He was also appointed by the Father. 
The Gospel became nothing and make no sense and people start living their lives as they like when final judgment is left out or ignored

Harsh judgment is enviable for people that forge their own path. So why do people get upset when they know judgment will come? Most people, I believe, let judgment decide how to feel about themselves to fit into the world.  Judgment need not reflect us, as Christians, nor will it ever become our reality, since we are not of this world. Knowing judgment is a part of the Gospel leads or should lead people to Christ and wanting to do good fruits. If judgment were not part of the Gospel, many people would not be Christians.

On 1/30/2004 at 10:35 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q3. (1:17) Why are people in our culture so upset when they sense they are being judged by someone else? How do you reconcile final judgment with God's love for the world? Why must final judgment be at the core of the Good News of Jesus Christ? What happens to the Gospel when final judgment is left out or ignored?

1. I would say it's due to pride (I'm in charge of my life) and self righteousness (I can do no wrong)....no awareness that they are sinners in need of being saved and forgiven by the Lord's grace. The belief that "good works" or being a "good person" is enough to avoid judgment of any kind. (Road rage in California is an example....just tooting the horn at someone texting at a stop light after the light turns green, can result in shots being fired!)

2. God is Righteous and Holy...therefor He must judge sin. The Cross demonstrated how much He loves each soul and how far He would go and how much He was willing to suffer and sacrifice to save us from judgment by pouring all of His wrath out on His beloved Son. Everyone has a conscience and needs salvation. God Himself provided the Savior and only way of escape.

3. Without final judgment for rejecting His love gift of salvation and forgiveness, there would have been no purpose in Jesus dying for sin.

4. It isn't the true Gospel without consequence for rejecting Jesus. Without final judgment there is no need for salvation and Jesus died in vain.

Q3. (1:17) 
Why are people in our culture so upset when they sense they are being judged by someone else? 
How do you reconcile final judgment with God's love for the world? 
Why must final judgment be at the core of the Good News of Jesus Christ? 
What happens to the Gospel when final judgment is left out or ignored?

They see our judgment as hypocritical, saying we often find fault when we ourselves are at fault. Often there is hardly any difference between our behaviour and theirs, and they are justified to ask us, who are we to judge. 

God created the universe and it is His world and He is justified in passing judgment on all the evil deeds ever committed. Remembering that He is a God of righteousness and that He hates sin. Since He is also a God of love, we know His judgment will be completely impartial, and we will all be treated fairly and equally. So, He will only judge justly with no favouritism. 

Our Heavenly Father has committed all the work of judgment to the Son (John 5:22). The reason God has given this authority to our Lord Jesus is that all should honour the Son as they honour the Father. Today many people claim to worship God, but deny that Jesus Christ is God. They say that He was a good man or more godlike than any other man who ever lived, but refuse to give Him the same honour which they give to God the Father. If a person does not honour the Son, then he does not honour the Father. We are to live in reverent fear before God because of the high cost of our salvation – Jesus spilt His precious blood on our behalf. Knowing we are to be judged will motivate us to obey God’s commands and not take lightly that which was purchased at so great a cost.

If the final judgment is left out or ignored, people will not take the Gospel seriously. Unbelievers will think we, as Christians, have been making up these warnings about the terrible judgment to come. They will think the same about God being sovereign and that He intervenes in history, will punish the wicked, and destroy the earth. They say it’s all a lot of nonsense and they have nothing to fear! Perhaps this is why the world is in such a mess today. 

---- We all have sin and it is only by God's grace that we are forgiven,so no one should judged another as God is the only Judge.

-----Jesus would not have come to earth if there was to be no final judgement.

-----Man will live as he pleases.

The reason that our culture is so upset when they sense they are being judged is that they think they are doing their best or they think they are doing the right thing. They don’t want to be criticized for the things that they are doing. God loves the world and everybody in it that is why the final judgment will happen. He doesn’t want those that don’t believe in him to have to suffer with those of us who do believe in him. The final judgment must be at the core of the Good News of Jesus Christ because look at what is happening in the world. Everybody is believing the god that they want and they kill all those who do not believe in their god.

On 1/31/2004 at 10:00 PM, Jen said:

Why are people in our culture so upset when they sense they ae being judged by someone else?

Could it be pride? Doesn't it say in Timothy in last days people will be lovers of selves, ungrateful, unholy, boastful, lovers of money, disobedient to parents and so on.

And I have to say I know how I feel when I feel I am being judged by people sometimes. I can feel that pride rising up in me and then I have to remind myself who I am. A sinner saved by grace. I have been redeemed ONLY through the precious blood of Christ.

How do you reconcile final judgement with God's love for this world.

I have no problems reconciling the two. I would have a problem if there were no final judgement because why else would He have given up His kingly throne and cometh to earth for me. A dusty weary traveler with no place to lay His head to suffer a violent cruel death. Sin is terrible and anyone who has felt the effects of it. the devestation and despair, the suicide, lonliness, depression, illnesses has to know if there is a just and loving God there has to be a final judgement.

Why must final judgement be at the core of the Good News of Jesus Christ?

It is to spare us the final judgement that Jesus came. If no final judgement then why did He leave the comfort of perfect fellowship in the Trinity.

What happens to the gospel when final judgement is left out or ignored.

It kind of becomes like milk toast. Just some wishywashy fairy like tale of a good man who died for some vague misconception on His part that we are in anyway going to be held accountable for anything we do.

We have been awakened by the truth now lets live like we believe it. Put on the whole armor of God as we march off to war.

May god Bless and protect each of you.

Number6:24-26

Jen

Yes, agreed, pride is what rises up in us when someone dares to judge or speak a word to us contrary to what we know to be right. I experience this and I have to pray against it. It doesn't happen all the time but it does happen and for this I am guilty. God's final judgement is necessary. he loves us so much that He has to discipline us just like it says in Proverbs 3:11-12: "My son, do not despise the LORD's discipline and do not resent his rebuke, because the LORD disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in." When we ignore and don't take heed to the final judgement, we take God for a joke. He is not. We will be judged. God will not be mocked.

Sometimes when others judge us, we are offended because of a guilty conscience.  It is not out place to judge others but to share Jesus's teachings and love.  

God's final judgement will be me standing before God and Jesus, who already know me and what is in my heart.  God gave His son to die for my sins and for that, He will know that, as imperfect as I have been in my life, I choose (chose) to follow Jesus in my beliefs and actions.   

On 31/01/2004 at 5:35 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Being judged by others is not a good feeling, but we can rise to the challenge it can present. We know that we know when we do something wrong and our knowing comes as a bad feeling in us, as if God's Spirit is crying out up us, saying 'why forsake Me, please, please don't do that which is not of Me, don't continue in this way, it grieves Me. I did not create you to sin against Me and your fellow man. Sin is not of Me, as far as the east is from the west. I hate sin! I am love and I desire that you have it abundantly in your life and overflowing to your fellow man. Hear My call and follow Me, do as My Father will, not by your will. Die to self, live with Me. Look, see who I am and follow Me.'

God's final judgment brings a curtain down on all sin and suffering in this world; He will dry our tears, so they are no more; He will crown us in His glory and bathe us in His love, beyond measure or imagination; a love to behold for the ages.

Our salvation is consecrated in final judgement. The Book of Life reveals our destiny in Christ, before we were born; it is by grace and not works; in your heart and not your hands; in your spirit and not your mind; in your love for God and not in your love for self.

The Gospel is incomplete and unfinished without the final judgement. Christ is seated next to the Father on His heavenly throne, risen from His sacrifice for us at Calvary and in the final judgement the righteous in Christ shall be seated by Him and His angels shall rejoice in His glory shining on us.

Sometimes people get upset about being judged because they know that the judgment is true and they don't want to admit it. It might mean some undesired changes have to be made. Also some of persons who are doing the judging don't do so in a loving manner.

God created the world and all in it. He loves all, but He is also just and fair. Only those who believe in Him by their free will be allowed to be with Him for eternity.

The final judgment gives us all hope and joy and encourages us to spread the Good News, our Great Commission.

The Gospel would be telling only part-truths if statements about the Final Judgment were omitted and it would remove over all hope for something better.  There are so many statements throughout the Bible regarding the final judgment, ignoring them would essentially be "gutting" the Bible. 

On 1/30/2004 at 0:35 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

When people today in our culture sense they are being judged by someone else they become very defensive, because they believe their ways are the right ways.

To reconcile God's final judgement of the world with his love, is that God Love's everyone but hates their sin. Because he is holy he can not tolerate evil and must judge accordingly.

Jesus has satisfied God's judgement for sin. God raised him from the dead and gave him complete authority to judge and rule justly.

When the final judgement is left out of the gospel, it has no more power to save anyone. Without judgement of sin and evil there can be no holiness.    

Generally we are encouraged to be selfish and independent. Subjecting ourselves to authority has become alien to our thinking. Knowing God as our Master as well as a friend is the challenge Christians face.

A spell in military (or public) service can prepare young people for recognizing authority. We need to learn humility if we want to go to heaven!

Q3. Why are people in our culture so upset when they sense they are being judged by someone else? 
- Because people are naturally self righteous.

- God's love is what saves the world from God's wrath in the final judgment. Unfortunately, not everyone received His love. 

- Because the good news of Jesus Christ is what saves us from the wrath of God in the judgment day. 

- If those who didn't receive Christ as their Savior will not face the judgment of God, it will make the suffering of Christ on the cross  insignificant. 

Q3. (1:17) Why are people in our culture so upset when they sense they are being judged by someone else? How do you reconcile final judgment with God's love for the world? Why must final judgment be at the core of the Good News of Jesus Christ? What happens to the Gospel when final judgment is left out or ignored?

1. They don’t want to be put to a open shame. They want to live the way they want and be accepted.

2. God judges each man's work impartially. "He has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man (Jesus) he has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising Jesus from the dead" (Acts 17:31). He sent his son so that all could have an everlasting life.

3. Our citizenship is in heaven (Philippians 3:20) and it is to heaven's standards we will be held accountable, not to those of this world.

4. Someday God will bring judgment and justice to each one of us. If we choose to live contrary to God's way, we can't expect him to ignore it, since he is just and "judges each man's work impartially." hell will be our home.

First of all they feel you are not the right person to judge them, secondly they want to be accredited too for their works and thirdly they feel like your judgements may not be fair to them. God loves us and he gave us commandments to follow for our own good for example not to kill is for our own good so that we can all live and those who don't follow that actually don't treasure others. When final judgement is left out, the gospel won't be complete meaning people wont see their destiny therefore will not work hard to achieve which was promised to them.

Because of People believe theirselves and no read about the Good News of Jesus Christ.

As believer we must understand what is by Roman 2 for us.

Q3. (1:17) Why are people in our culture so upset when they sense they are being judged by someone else?

One is unable to answer this question, one is only able to give an opinion. In our culture we are very independent. This seems to be a characteristic of the people as well as something that is ingrained in us by the nature of our culture.

God's Final Judgement is not for Christians. we will not be judged with the rest of the world for we are judged by our faithfulness to Christ, our belief  in him. Yes , we are not judged by our Deeds or our works for we are saved by faith.

We have nothing to fear from the final judgment for Jesus Christ is our advocate and he will speak for us before God and he will hold us with his cloak of righteousness so that we can stand before God despite are filthy sins. We must just believe and have faith in Christ Our Lord and our savior and we will have nothing to fear. He is our anchor who will keep us true steadfast and sure while the Billows roll.

Jesus and his mission on Earth often speaks of the final judgment and we need only to trust in the word of Christ.

My thoughts are that people are so upset about being judged is because 1 they want to be right 2 they want to be accepted.

To be with the most Holy we must be proven holy. Therefore He must judge.

The final judgment must be job well done.

It void worthless

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2004 at 1:35 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

People get upset when judged by someone else, because they think they are right, don't want to hear it and don't want to be told how to live. They think life is a big party and sin doesn't even enter the picture.

God loves them and has made a way of escape by sending His Son. John 3:16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 

When final judgement is left out, the Gospel is watered down there is no fear of God in them and people live however they want.

• 2 weeks later...

In our culture or for that matter people never like to be judged by anyone and they get upset, but the same people keep judging other for what ever, because of the pride people have and they elevate themselves high and think no one can judge them as they are always right.

It is God who has loved us when are still in sin He gave His begotten son on the Calvary. God says in John 3:16, God so loved the world (people) that He gave his only begotten son that who so ever believe in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life, 

The final judgement is directly linked to the Gospel because those who accept the good news will be saved others will perish so it is imperative to everyone without any choice to accept the Gospel and be saved, there is no other way.

When the final judgment happens they loose chance to get saved by Gospel,and all those  who have not believed in God's plan of making sinner holy by washing them with the blood of Jesus Christ will be Judged, so it a great opportunity for all those who want to escape the wrath of God to accept Jesus Christ and be saved because no other name under the heaven can save except Jesus Christ.

People in our culture are upset because they belong to this world. When we christians are judged we forgive them that do bad to us because we as ambassaders of Christ can nt do what Jesus Christ wouldn't do. I believe the hardship we go through are part of life as we must share Jesus hardship whele He was here on earth.

The Gospel becomes a reality when everything is finalised when Christ returnns as King of Glory and established His Kingdom. We will be with God forever.

• 2 weeks later...

They don't like it at all.  And they will usually let you know it.

God's love draws us to Himself.  When we choose not to be drawn--we are judged already.

The wages of sin is death.  When we don't accept Christ's gift of salvation we are opting for judgment and eternal separation from God.

It takes on as just love--kind of a jello, marshmallowy sticky icky kind of love with no value.  This also happens when we leave out the fact we are sinners.

• 3 weeks later...

People in our culture are upset when they sense they are being judged by someone else because they are reminded that they are prone to sinning, they are not holy. Because God so love the world He has made provision for man t be forgiven of sin.  Man need only repent and ask for forgiveness and he will be forgiven. Final judgment must be at the core of the Good News of Jesus Christ because it let man know that there is hope.  Better days are coming. When final judgment is left out or ignored the gospel is incomplete.  The complete gospel is the love of God the provision He made for mankind to be redeemed and the reward of eternal life to all who believe

• 6 months later...

I think people are upset when their are being judged because they do not think that someone lower than them should be judgeing them, because their  are better off than them.                               Final judgement  with God love can be reconcile with Jesus coming  then this world be purge from all sin.                                                                                                                                                        Final judgement must be at the core of the good news of Jesus Christ because we know that will be the end, when finally he separate the sheep from the goat, the wheat from the tares.             The gospel will be water down and mankind would not be able to fully understand what is really going to take place.