JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Q3. (2:9) What actions and attitudes should this idea of being part of God's own people inspire in us

I need to live like an ambassador for the Kingdom of God. I have been chosen to be part of God's kingdom, adopting the culture and kinship of God's people. I need to live according to God's guideleines and requirements and not my current suroundings. (man-made systems and values)

I need to embrace being part of God's body and live in community with fellow Christians.

Q3. (2:9) What actions and attitudes should this idea of being part of God's own people inspire in us?

Although there are many I have created a list of what I deem to be very important.

. WE should honor Him

. We should openly pronounce our love for him.

. We should sing praises of Him.

. We should love ONLY HIM!

. We should thank Him daily.

. We should Obey Him.

• 4 weeks later...

Q3. (2:9) What actions and attitudes should this idea of being part of God's own people inspire in us?

An attitude of thanksgiving, and worship. How can we be made Royalty and not give thanks to the one who made us that way.

• 3 weeks later...

We should strive, with God's help, to be worthy of that calling. We should live lives that reflect our Heavenly citizenship. We should be loving, caring people. We should also be keen to bring others into the fold.

• 6 months later...

3a)Actions –serving God out of gratitude giving praise and thanks to God,obeying him in all I do and say,living by God’s standards. Attitudes-humble,that of a servant,thanks giving for giving me great hope and life in Jesus,for being chosen by God, for all he does for me, for giving,for bringing me into church family.

• 1 year later...

This idea should motivate us to walk away from the world and be a part of the Kingdom of God.  All of our thoughts and actions should reflect the Word of God and God' standard.  We should strive to be holy as He is holy.  We should strive to stay connected with God throughout each day through Bible study.  We should recognize, as Christians, we are part of the Body of Christ and like it.

We should be inspired to act and live like spirit-filled Christians who love the Lord God Almighty. Actively trying to avoid compromise with the satanic world system.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The actions and attitudes of being God's own people should make us feel privileged, he has chosen us from among the nations, people and cultures. We are more than honored to be servants of Jesus Christ and the Most High God. We should be inspired to serve and worship him and spread the gospel for him. We should lead other people to Christ and insure they go to a church that can disciple them in the word of God.   

• 2 months later...

That we have been set apart by God. We were once slaves to sin, but Jesus redeemed us on by giving His life for us on the cross. We are here for a propose, we have spiritual gifts, given to us by God. As we draw close to God, He will draw close to us.  For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:10 He has given us abundant life, a sphere of influence and inspires us to share the love He has shown us with others around us. To change the world. To bring glory to His name.

• 4 months later...

What actions and attitudes should this idea of being part of God's own people inspire in us?  As I wrote earlier, we are Christians and because we are, we’re an integral part of the most important group of people on earth.  We have been called to a higher purpose, set apart from the world to "glorify God" in everything we say and everything we do.  Acts 10:37-38 says that after baptizing Jesus, “John preached—how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.”  Our actions and attitudes should reflect that very same attitude.  However, our healing is spiritual rather than physical.

• 5 months later...

• Actions: In obedience, by serving God and His people. Offering pleasing sacrifices.  

• Attitude: By service in awe of our relationship with the Lord. What a privilege! Having a strong sense of calling and purpose.

• 6 months later...
On 2/13/2004 at 8:20 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Actions & Attitudes: As Christians who one day will be like-Him, these are the days to have the mind of Christ, to recognize the glory that is ahead of us; to endure the cross (persecution, loss of worldly goods, suffering, execution, torture) without a mumbling word of any sort; to stand fast as we do the Lord's bidding.

(2:9) What actions and attitudes should this idea of being part of God's own people inspire in us?

Actions and attitudes of being part of God's own people inspire in us to live a life that is pleasing to God.  We recognize that we have been chosen by God as his very own and we have been called to represent him to others.  That means that we are to humble ourselves and recognize that our valve is not the material things that we can accumulate but being one of God's children.

We have been chosen/ selected to be part of a minority in society. If we choose to take our responsibility then the NT  guides our path. Hopefully we will discover a local group to share this wonderful challenge.

On 2/14/2004 at 7:50 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

We as God's own people are called to be Holy,to be obedient, to give financial gifts, to offer sacrifice of Praise, proclaim the Gospel, and as Royal Preists we are called upon to be Like Jesus, because we are the only Bible that the Gentiles will read.