JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Son of God

• 1 month later...

Nothing but a human is beget (comes forth) from a human, and nothing but God is beget from God. Jesus came forth from God, sent by the Father (John 7:29) and anointed by the Spirit (Matthew 3:16;Acts 10:38). All three are the divine Persons of God, differing in roles but equal in essence, character, nature, status, power, and authority as God. While Jesus humbled Himself to release His equality with God for the time that He came to earth in human flesh (Philippians 2:6-7), He never lost or relinquished His identity. He was “reinstated” to His full position of eternal glory by the Father after becoming sin for us, submitting to our consequence of death to conquer it's claim over us, making perfect atonement, and being resurrected by the Father. The title “Son” was audibly declared from heaven by the Father when Jesus submitted to baptism (Matthew 3:17). Jesus came forth from God, as opposed to being created like man. The Jews understood the claim made by this title “Son of God”.

The Son and the Father are both equally God, so it is the same in dealing with either One. They have differing roles in the Godhead and our example in the Lord's Prayer is prayer to the Father. But we're instructed many times in Scripture to call on Jesus (ex. 2Timothy 2:22). We have full access to the throne where God the Father and Jesus our Lord both sit in divine glory. 2Thessalonians 2:16-17 implies confidence in answered prayer to both the Father and the Son. When we deal with either, we are dealing with God.  And we also know the Spirit is involved as He intercedes before the Father and interprets for us in our weakness in prayer (Romans 8:26-28).

Yes, I know and love Jesus the Son of God!

Q1. In what way does the title Son of God make Jesus equal with the Father?

My Answer: Jesus is begotten of the Holy Spirit. He is God and His Father is God the Holy Spirit.

When you deal with the Son, is that the same as dealing with the Father?

My Answer: Jesus is God so in that way it is the same as dealing with the Father however Jesus as God the Son is a special intercessary for us with God the Father.

Do you know Jesus the Son of God?

My Answer: Yes!

Do you love him?

My Answer: Yes!

Q1. In what way does the title Son of God make Jesus equal with the Father? When you deal with the Son, is that the same as dealing with the Father? Do you know Jesus the Son of God? Do you love him?

The title Son of God makes Jesus equal with the Father, He told His disciples in John 10:30, "I and my Father are one."  In His teachings He made plain this fact so that there need be no mistake as to His divinity.  When dealing with the Son it is indeed the same as dealng with the Father.  The attributes of God make it pssible that the Father and the Son are one Spirit, they are one substance. 

Yes, thank God I know Jesus the Son of God whom the Father sent to take away th sins of the world.  I am eternally thankful that I did not have anything to do with it, but I am redeemed because of the love of the Father and the Son.  I love God, the only true God.

​John said of Jesus "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God". He is one expression or personality of the triune God, co-equal with the Father and the Holy Spirit. He was not created nor conceived by a human father. He created it all that exists.

​When you deal with the Son is that the same thing as dealing with the Father?

​Jesus taught us to pray to the Father in the Name and authority of Jesus. And since " we don't know what prayer to pray, nor how to offer it worthily as we ought, the Holy spirit Himself goes to meet our supplication and pleads in our behalf with unspeakable yearnings and groaning's

too deep for utterance. And He who searches the hearts of men knows what is In the mind of the Holy Spirit, what His intent is because the

Holy Spirit intercedes and pleads before God in behalf of the saints according to and in harmony with God's will."  Rom 8:26, 27. 

We pray to God the Father, In the Name and authority of Jesus, and Holy Spirit perfects our prayer;  the Three in One God.

​(Having been severely abused by my earthly Father when I was a child, then later as a new Christian I would only pray to Jesus...wanted nothing to do with the Father, because I had  ​not yet learned that He is nothing like an earthly Father. Eventually the Holy Spirit showed me that Jesus only did and said what He saw His Father doing....and that "If you've seen me, you've also seen the Father."  Then I understood the Trinity! )

Do you know God? 

Yes, I both know and love Him. The fear I had in the early days, that He was just waiting for me to make a mistake and then I would pay, was replaced with trust and the joy of walking with Him every moment! And I marvel to realize that I wasn't looking for Him...He came and hunted me down, and revealed Himself to me as Faithful Father, Savior and Redeemer, Counselor and Teacher....ever present, always listening for me and watching over me!. Yes! Oh how I love Him

In what way does the title Son of God make Jesus equal with the Father? When you deal with the Son, is that the same as dealing with the Father? Do you know Jesus the Son of God? Do you love him?    

Jesus Is God and shares God's divine nature.  Dealing with the Son is the same as dealing with the Father because they are one.  Yes I do know Jesus the Son of God and I love Him.  I recognize Jesus gave his life so that I may live and that now he is sitting on the right hand of the Father interceding on my behalf.         

Q1. In what way does the title Son of God make Jesus equal with the Father? When you deal with the Son, is that the same as dealing with the Father? Do you know Jesus the Son of God? Do you love him?

Because Jesus is fully God He is equal with the Father.  He was begotten of the Father through the Holy Spirit who is fully God, so Jesus is fully God. Like begets like.

It is the same as dealing with the Father in that they are equally God.  Jesus is the Messiah, our Savior, Lord and High Priest interceding before the Father for us.  The Father is the Father, Ancient of Days whose throne we can now come before through the name of Jesus alone.

Yes I know Jesus the Son of God.

Yes I love Jesus.

God Bless

Jen

Romans 15:13

Q1.

Q. In what way does the title Son of God make Jesus equal with the Father?

A. Jesus being the Son of God reveals His divinity as also comfired by John in Jon 1:1. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God". 

(John 1:1 KJV)

Q. When you deal with the Son, is that the same as dealing with the Father?

A. YES

Q. Do you know Jesus the Son of God?

A. Yes I do. He is my Saviour, Shepherd, Lord, God, Friend and much more!

Q. Do you love him?

A. Yes I do but want to know Him daily and to love Him with all my heart, soul, mind, strength and all of me.

A son is related to a father.  As shown in your study, Jesus admits being about His father's business and did not disagree with the demons when He confronted them and they cried out.  That is why the scribes & Pharisees were so angry.  They got it--and didn't like it!  They were jealous!!

Not totally the same.  God the Father is different in position from Jesus or the Holy Spirit.  They are all God, however....

Yes I do!  I want to know Him more!!  I love Him and want to seek to obey Him more readily--showing my love for Him!

The word Son indicates familiarity.

Yes, as the Son is the mouthpiece, the emmissary from the Father.

Yes, in my limited capacity. But I am learning more daily.

Do you love him?

I adore Him.

The title Son of God is a divine title that is part of the deity, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. They are three persons in one. All three are equal as the Godhead. Dealing with the Son is like dealing with the Father both are God. Yes, I do know Jesus the Son of God and I worship Him and give Him all my body, spirit and mind to live as He wants me to live.

It would appear, as far as man kind's understanding, Jesus is equal with God. The scriptures do not specifically state this, however it is implied (John 5:18). And yes dealing with the father is the same as dealing with Jesus our saviour.

Many seem to think what is recorded in John 14, as Jesus spoke to His disciples at the last supper, was confusing.

But in truth it was amazing. He was telling them Who He was without the words, I Am Who I Am.

After He had told them that He was going away and they could not come too, but would eventually (hysteros), He then speaks of  mansions (mone - dwelling place), He tells them that He was "the way, the truth and the life", that no one "comes to the Father except through Me." (vs 6)

That was a lot to take in. But He wasn't through!

In His discourse, after telling them if they had known Him, they would have known the Father, and that from then on they would know (ginosko) Him, having "seen" Him, (horao - seen with their eyes), meaning that they would know the Father, that is, they would come to know, recognize and understand Him.

And if any of them wondered how this would be possible, He told them that He would pray and the Father would send a "helper", the Comforter (parakletos - called to one's side), in other words, Another would come to take Christ's place at their sides, the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Truth, the same Truth that He Himself had told them, He was!

The Truth (aletheia) that would indwell them forever.

The same Spirit of Truth that indwells every believer. The Holy Spirit Who fills believers with the truth, a knowledge not learned intellectually, but by His Spirit in us. And the world can't receive that truth, that knowledge, because it doesn't see Him or know Him.

The Holy Spirit introduces Him to us, not only as our Savior and LORD, but as GOD Himself and the Holy Spirit Who lives and abides in us.

"A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me. because I live, you will live also. At that day you will know that I am in My father, and you in Me, and I in you. He who had My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him." (John 14:19-21)

We all can say that our earthly father is "in" us, that is, genetically. Our physical make-up is a combination of the genetic code of our parents. But we are not "In" them.

But when we are born again, by the indwelling of His Holy Spirit, He Himself Who is IN the Father and the Father is IN Him (vs 10) dwells in us.

To seal that, some of the last things Jesus says is, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him."

In that statement is the truth of Who He is.

In 1 John 5:20 the Scripture says, "And we know that the Son of GOD has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him Who is true; and we are in Him Who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true GOD and eternal life."

Interestingly, John's statement that the Son of GOD has come; has given us understanding so that we may know Him Who is true (He said He was the Truth - John 14:6); that we as believers are IN Him Who is True (Acts 17:28), in His Son Jesus Christ, is a powerful description of GOD the Father and GOD the Son, the true GOD and eternal life.

My determination to walk with Him, according to His Word and His will is IN Him. It is by His presence in me, in my life, by His indwelling in me by His Holy Spirit that I serve GOD and obey Christ by His power through His Holy Spirit.

To consider Jesus Christ apart from GOD Himself and the Holy Spirit is impossible. They are One. "His Name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty GOD, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6

"To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen" 1 Peter 5:11

In what way does the title Son of God make Jesus equal with the Father?

In every sense! Same power, same presence, same essence...

Yes, Of course! Both are the same. When Jesus was among us as a human being, No.   

Do you know Jesus the Son of God? Do you love him? 

Yes, Of course!

Q1. In what way does the title Son of God make Jesus equal with the Father?                                           When you deal with the Son, is that the same as dealing with the Father?                                 Do you know Jesus the Son of God? Do you love him?

1. "All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son                             except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and    those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him." (Matthew 11:27 = Luke 10:22

Divine Son Usage. Finally, and most important, Son of God is used in a theological way.                                                         Both in the New Testament and later in Christian theology, Jesus is said to be the                  Son of God because he is God and shares the divine nature.                                                                                         

2. Yes, because they are one and the same person. When Jesus was on earth he was the                              son in the flesh and also considered as God. 

3. Yes, I know him. He died on the cross so that I could know him through salvation.

4. Yes, I love him. I express it by doing his will.

The title Son of God makes Jesus equal with the Father because Jesus talked openly of his relationship to the Fahter as His Son. Especially in Mathew 11:27, Jesus states all things have been given to Me by My Father and no one knows the Son except the Father.

Dealing with the Son is the same as dealing with the Father, for they are one.

Yes, I differently know Jesus the Son of God, my savior and redeemer from my sins.

No doubt I love Jesus and follow his commands with the help of the Holy Spirit, for I could not do it on my own.

Q1. 

Do you love Him?

Scripture, strongly confirms Jesus’ deity as the eternal Son in the Trinity (see Matt. 11:25-30; 17:5; 1 Cor. 15:28; Heb. 1:1-3, 5, 8).

The Son of God, referring to Jesus, is shown as being equal to God the Father in all of His attributes.

In John, we also read that Jesus is the Son who fully reveals the Father, and has been given authority from the Father to pronounce eternal judgment, and to rule over all.

So, to me, when we deal with the Son, it is the same as dealing with our Heavenly Father. 

Yes! I most definitely know Him, and this only by the grace of our Lord. 

Yes! I love Him above all else!

Yes I love Him and He loves me! I have no doubt that He and the Father are one.
As I consider the revelations of His fellowship of the Father and His beloved only Son,
and add to this His amazing creation that continues to be revealed, I can only be
assured the He is God with the Father and the Holy Spirit. Indeed, the heavens do
declare the glory of God! On the basis of this creation I wonder what that place which He is preparing for us will be like.

Do you love Him?

The Bible, strongly confirms Jesus’  as the eternal Son in the Trinity (see Matt. 11:25-30; 17:5; 1 Cor. 15:28; Heb. 1:1-3, 5, 8).

The Son of God, referring to Jesus, is shown as being equal to God the Father in all of His attributes.

In John, we also read that Jesus is the Son who fully reveals the Father, and has been given authority from the Father to pronounce eternal judgment, and to rule over all.

So, to me, when we deal with the Son, it is the same as dealing with our Heavenly Father.

Yes! I most definitely know Him, and this only by the grace of our Lord.

Yes! I love Him above all else

• 2 weeks later...

Jesus was identifying himself with God, his Father. There could be no doubt as to his claim to be God. Jesus does not leave us the option to believe in God while ignoring God’s Son (5:23). The Pharisees also called God their Father, but they realized Jesus was claiming a unique relationship with him. In response to Jesus’ claim, the Pharisees had two choices: to believe him, or to accuse him of blasphemy. They chose the second.

Because of his unity with God, Jesus lived as God wanted him to live. Because of our identification with Jesus, we must honor him and live as he wants us to live. The questions “What would Jesus do?” and “What would Jesus have me do?” may help us make the right choices.

For the Father loves the Son and shows him everything he is doing. In fact, the Father will show him how to do even greater works than healing this man. Then you will truly be astonished. 21 For just as the Father gives life to those he raises from the dead, so the Son gives life to anyone he wants.

Living forever with God—begins when we accept Jesus Christ as Savior. At that moment, new life begins in us. We still will face physical death, but when Christ returns again, our bodies will be resurrected to live forever.

• 2 weeks later...

The way the title Son of God makes Jesus equal to the Father is, Jesus is God and shares in the divine nature.

Dealing with the Son is the same as dealing with the father because they are one and the same.

I know Jesus the Son of God as my Savior.

Yes I love Him because He died for my sins and took the punishment that I deserved.

• 2 years later...

The Son Of God is equal with the Father because He is His Son. Jesus refers to God as his Father.  Jesus states in the Bible that He and His Father are one. He is referred as the Son of the most high God and that He does whatever His father wants Him to do.

I believe that it is the same as dealing with the Father because they are one.

Yes, I do know Jesus and love Him but not as I should. I let other things get in the way.

The title Son of God gives equality to Jesus because it verifies that He was born of God.  It also tells us that God’s son will reign be the one in the end. It speaks of the connection Jesus had with His Father because of the fact He was the first born of many sons.  He was to be the one who would die for the world. He is equal with the Father in the fact that He had the ability to forgive sins just like the Father did as well. He had the ability to heal the sick and raise the dead back to life. He had the ability to do things that only the Messiah could do because He was directly connected with the Father and could only do the will of the Father. He had the ability to mute the demons and make them quiet. Yes because they are one. Yes I do for I am saved by the Lord. Yes but not as much as I should.

• 1 month later...