JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Jesus Bore Your Sins in His Own Body

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to have a relationship with God and serve Him. Jesus Christ has made it possible for me, as well as others, to live a complete, whole life -- free of guilt from sin. He has provided a way to have a relationship with the Father. Without Jesus Christ I would not be where I'm at as a Christian and my heart would not be as open to others as it is now. I have a long way to go, but Jesus is my Rabbi, teacher -- most importantly my Lord and Savior. What He did on the cross for me has set me free to serve Him.

• 7 months later...
Q3. (2:24a) This may seem like a simplistic question, but give it thought before you answer, and then answer thoughtfully. What is the significance to you personally that Jesus bore your sins in his own body on the cross?
I am ultimately EXTREMELY GRATEFUL but on the other hand, it makes me sad that I was born sinful and needed saving. It hurts me that He bore my shame, pain, that He took such abuse on my behalf. But then again, that was the plan and because He did, I should be MORE THAN WILLING EVERY DAY AND IN EVERY WAY TO HONOR HIM. We must never forget for a moment what He's done. And in that, my life must be a living example...I must be a living sacrifice to Him.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Q3. (2:24a) This may seem like a simplistic question, but give it thought before you answer, and then answer thoughtfully. What is the significance to you personally that Jesus bore your sins in his own body on the cross?

The thought that in obedience to the father He chose to give His life for me. Shed His blood for me, my being deep in horrible selfish sinful life. Thinking only for my own pleasures. Yet His love, compassion, and mercy He gave all for me. He gave up His place in Heaven to secure my salvation. I can never express enough the gratitude and thankfulness for that act of severe pain and suffering. I love Him so sometimes it hurts. Without Jesus I am nothing. Sometimes it is hard to believe His love was so great when I had so much dirt and filfth of the world, yet He looked past that, picked me up brushed me off an loved me without any question. Praise God for His Mercy.

• 2 weeks later...

I was born into a world full of sin, and all the sin and shame and guilt in my life is atoned for by Jesus bearing my sin in His body on the cross. More than this by bearing my sin He is assuring me of my Salvation on into eternity after my death here. Through the cross and all it stands for, I have salvation.

We are assertive and controlling by nature. This makes it very difficult for us to be submissive and in any way subservient. Our words speak louder than actions in many cases when it should be the other way around.

It is wrong to submit to something that goes against God's commands and Christ's teachings. We are to be obedient at all times. If this means taking a verbal stand against something, or just walking away, we ought to do it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Because the Lord Jesus thought enough of me and everyone else to go through the suffering He did, I am truely grateful. There is no way I could have gone through that on my own. I have more than my everyday life to think about, because of Jesus I have a life. I could be in a burning hell right now. God could have said forget it long time ago and sent us straight to hell and been done with it. Thank you God for your Son Jesus Christ. Amen!

• 2 weeks later...

That he loved me so much that he would take such a horrible beating and death to save me,and give me eternal life. That is as personal as it gets for someone to lay their life on the line for you. :D

Jesus gave me all He had, He gave up glory and honour in Heaven, life on earth, relationship with His Father. HE COULD GIVE NO MORE

And all because He WANTED a relationship with me.

A relationship in which, BECAUSE of the Cross, I am free to walk with Him WORTHY, PURE AND RIGHTEOUS.

• 1 month later...

Salvation is personal. That means I have to personally accept Christ as my personal Lord and Savior and believe in my heart that he died on the cross for my sins to save me from eternal damnation. That my sins was crucified with Christ on the tree and my sins were buried with Him.

• 3 weeks later...

This is such a difficult question to answer, because how does one express one's feelings when another gives so much so that the other one can have everything. When I think about what Jesus did for me, how much love for me He had to have in order to die for me in such a way, truly blows me away. I simply have no exact words to completely tell someone how humble His act of love for me makes me feel. I am forever thankful for His total and unconditional act of love for me. His incredible love for me shown in the way He died for me tells me without a doubt that had I been the only one to die for, He still would not have hesitated to do it.

• 1 month later...

I have lived a life that was full of struggle trying to find if there was a God. He was like the elusive butterfly you hunt and hunt for him trying desperately to find him and it is in the giving up he lites on your shoulder. That's God in my life. I had come to the point in my life I was either going to die from my own hand or find a reason to live. Well God showed up in a powerful way showing me that he had been there all along waiting on me to give up. I gave up but soon realized pride wasn't to be a part of my life either and since that day I became a servant for Christ and give my life back to Christ daily thanking him for all the blessings he gives me daily.

• 4 months later...

The significance th me is that when Jesus bore my sins ti was so that my sins would be forgiven, so that I could live a righteous life through him, and not live under condemnation, and so I could have eternal life. He took my sins to the cross so I could die to my sinful nature and follow him. To be free from sin.

As I look at the cross it makes me feel clean, it makes me feel wanted and it makes me feel a belonging to. All that suffering and pain bought salvation and made us joint heirs to the kingdom of God. It was a sacrifice and suffering to bring joy and freedom to all man kind.

Without the sacrifice that Jesus made for me I would be lost and suffer eternally in separation from God. Jesus came and broke the shackles of the law and freed me from the consequences of sin, that being death. Through His separation from the Father I became part of His holy body, the church of Christ His death bought me life and in His resurrection I became reborn

Praise you Jesus King of my life my Deliverer and my Redeemer amen.

• 3 months later...

I acknowledge that I was born sinless into a sin-filled world. As I grew and matured into this world I became a sinner, and had no other way of atoning for my sin than by having Jesus go to the cross for my sins. Through this I achieve Salvation in God's eyes and will one day be with Him. There is no other substitution for my sin than the substitution of Jesus on the cross. He, ie Jesus, had to die this brutal death, so that everyone would know that he was the Son of God through his Resurrection. And then realise He died for our sake in fulfillling the plan of God, to save Mankind from their sins. I was 'chosen' to be a child of God, but I am still a sinner. Thank you Lord God that I can remember whenever I take Communion, that as I break the bread, which is symbolic of Christ's body broken on the cross, and drink of the cup, I remember what He did personally for me.

• 4 months later...

Q3.(2:24a) This may seem like a simplistic question, but give it thought before you answer, and then answer thoughtfully. What is the significance to you personally that Jesus bore your sins in His own body on the cross?

It is of great importance that Jesus bore my sins up on the cross, because if He hadn't of bore our sins on that cross and that without sin then we wouldn't have any chance of eternal life with our Father in heaven. Instead we would have to pay our own price which is eternal damnation. Christ is our only hope to life eternal and that's because He was willing to pay our price and suffer for us that we wouldn't have to suffer. Therefore I declare that without the sacrifice that Christ made on that Cross then I would have to die the death. But Praise be to God that He was willing and able to pay that sin dept.

• 2 months later...

Q3. (2:24a)

This may seem like a simplistic question, but give it thought before you answer, and then answer thoughtfully.

What is the significance to you personally that Jesus bore your sins in his own body on the cross?

I cannot even begin to imagine the suffering Jesus must have gone through for my sins alone, never mind the sins of the world. It must only be because of His love for us, and His obedience to His Father, that He endured this inexpressible punishment. To think Jesus bore all of our past, present and future sins. I am now dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. I can now approach our Heavenly Father clothed in His righteousness. I am forever grateful to my Lord and Saviour!

• 1 month later...

Because of his love, because of his sacrifice, I can face tomorrow with a joyful heart and with hope. If he had not bore my sins I would be in the depths of despair heading straight for hell.

• 5 months later...

This is a major thing, he did this for my salvation. For all the foolish things I did before I was saved in Sept 2007, and for all the foolish things I will do until my death. I thank the Father for sending Jesus, unworthy sinner I am. Thank you for grace and mercy. Thank you for taking the nails for me Jesus! Amen

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

As I stated in the previous question I can't understand why Jesus would die for someone like me. He chose to take the punishment I deserve in His body and upon His body something I can only thank Him for there is no way to repay a gift like that. He save me from facing the wrath of God and instead brought me into a loving relationship with Him, He gave me His peace and an inheritance that is beyond words or discription.

• 2 weeks later...

It's the very key to my salvation! Jesus became the substitutional sacrifice to save me from death and hell. A sinless man, the very Son of God died that horrible death so that I won't have to face a guilty verdict at Judgement Day.

• 6 months later...

This may seem like a simplistic question, but give it thought before you answer, and then answer thoughtfully. What is the significance to you personally that Jesus bore your sins in his own body on the cross?

This is significant to me on so many levels. This says to me that I am truly set free from the bondage of sin. That is significant because sometimes i live like I have no choice but to sin. The truth is I do have a choice. Jesus already took my sins and in effect made me free. This makes wanna sing and dance. Hallelijah! Jesus has set me free and I free indeed! I shall walk in my freedom today. Thank you Jesus.