JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Jesus Bore Your Sins in His Own Body

3a)I am so thankful that Jesus paid the costly price to save me through his sacrifice of bearing my sins, past, present and future. I am His, saved,forgiven for eternity with Him and freed from hold of sin in all it’s guises.I will never knew the true extent of his cost, but I know that my whole life now is devoted to obediently serving him, caring for and helping others to know about what freedom and peace they can find through believing in his sacrifice for them and trusting Jesus for full their life ahead with Him as their guide.

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let 's all give jesus praise every day he gave his life for our sin. He paid in which we can never repay him. We will sin of course; but thsnk you Jesus for your forgiveness of all our sins.

Let 's all give jesus praise everyday he gave his life for our sins. We can never repay him.

We will continue to sin of course; but thank you Jesus for your forgveness of all our sins.

He bore our din in His own body so that we didn,t have to face death

• 10 months later...

Q3. (2:24a) This may seem like a simplistic question, but give it thought before you answer, and then answer thoughtfully. What is the significance to you personally that Jesus bore your sins in his own body on the cross?

The significance to me personally that Jesus bore my sins in his own body on the cross is the salvation of my soul and the healing of a sick soul and forgiveness of my sin.  I do not have the ability to change the past.  I do not have the ability to heal my sick soul.  I do not have the ability to make my self spiritually clean and pure before God.  I do not have the ability to grant myself eternal life with God.  I am at the mercy of God. 

I was born with a sinful nature alienated from God.  Jesus was always with God and was sinless.  The fact that He would go to the cross for me personally is overwhelming and I might not understand the full implication of this act until after the end of this age.  It is easy to shallowly say we understand and appreciate everything about Jesus and what Jesus took on for us and what its significance is for us.  However, no human being has ever been Jesus Christ and can understand Him and His feelings as He did.  His experience on this planet is unlike our experience.  Until I gave my life to Jesus, sin didn't really brother me.  It was natural.  Sin wasn't natural to Jesus.  The human condition wasn't natural to Jesus.

I have a lot yet to truly appreciate about Jesus and what He has done for me.

• 1 year later...

Q3. (2:24a) This may seem like a simplistic question, but give it thought before you answer, and then answer thoughtfully. What is the significance to you personally that Jesus bore your sins in his own body on the cross?

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME BECAUSE OF ALL MY SINS I HAVE COMMITTED I REALLY DO DESERVED TO BE ON THAT CROSS. THAT'S WHY EVERYDAY MY PRAY FOR FORGIVES AND MEAN FROM MY HEART. I ONLY WANT TO DO THE WILL OF GOD. IT'S EVEN HARDER BEING A DOCTOR IN GOD'S LAW AND A REVEREND I PRAY TBAT MUCH HARDER.

• 5 months later...

The significance that Jesus bore my sins in his own body on the cross is that my penalty for sins, which was death, Jesus took upon himself as a substitute for me, which was God's judgement for my sinful offenses. He offered himself in my place so I could live for righteousness. Through Jesus we died to sin, no longer living under it's power.     

• 6 months later...

No, it’s not an overly simplistic question at all.  God’s love and His overwhelming hatred for sin required Jesus to be sacrificed for all of mankind.  It is God’s plan that we all should walk in Christ Jesus’ footsteps.  For me personally, that sacrifice was made so that I might have an opportunity to do just that and live my life righteously.  I don’t believe that Jesus suffered and died just to set an example of what righteousness is, He took away my sin and He suffered and died FOR me and I try to be worthy of that sacrifice every day.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

3. (2:24a) This may seem like a simplistic question, but give it thought before you answer, and then answer thoughtfully. What is the significance to you personally that Jesus bore your sins in his own body on the cross?

Jesus died on the cross for my sin,so that i can have eternal life with the Father.

• 2 weeks later...

A. The significance to me personally that Jesus bore my sin on the cross is that I am important, loved, cherished, full of grace and mercy of God that a Sinless God carried by horrible sin on Himself that I may live! What a savior. What amazing grace

On 2/25/2004 at 10:13 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

1. It means: Life over death for eternity. It means He lives in me now so that I have His constant companionship, guidance comfort, forgiveness, joy, help, assurance and reassuance and that all the bad I deserved to be punished for, Jesus took upon Himself, and exchanged it for all of His purity and righteousness that I didn't  deserve or ever hope to achieve in any other way, than that His perfect life was sacrificed for me. It means that  I am a joint heir with Him...that all that is His is now mine. How can I ever praise, or worship or thank Him enough for His amazing love for me.

(2:24a) This may seem like a simplistic question, but give it thought before you answer, and then answer thoughtfully. What is the significance to you personally that Jesus bore your sins in his own body on the cross?

Jesus died for our sins, in our place, so that we would not have to suffer the punishment we deserve.  The significance to me personally is that I was given a second chance to get it right.  Because he gave his life, what small price to pay than to be obedient to his word.  

On 2/26/2004 at 1:13 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

My sins are plentiful. The fact that Jesus bore MY sins speaks to the fact that He knew me before I was born, He knew what sins I would commit, what burdens I would place on myself, my struggles, hurts and hangups, and He loved me so much that He said, I am willing to absorb it all and die a horrible death in order to set you free.  Who would do that for me? As a parent I have often prayed for God to take pain away from my ids and give it to me or to not allow them to go through things but I also realize, while it is hard, that they need to go through things for their growth. What Jesus did for me personally I can never pay back, but I will be eternally grateful.

Personally, to me it means that I was given a ticket out of hell. Because of my sins, I was condemned to die and suffer eternal damnation in a place called hell. Yet, Jesus took it upon himself to stand up for me, represent me, and make the decision to take my place and set me free from condemnation.

When I think back at what I have done, who I was before Jesus, it repulses me. Makes me sick to think of my sins. To know that Jesus loves me so much as to take all my dirtiness upon him and cleanse me, brings me to tears and is reason to worship and praise him for His goodness! 

I am eternally grateful to receive such a gift: Salvation. I am humbled to think he offered himself for me. I cannot thank him enough. In return, all I can offer him is myself, my heart, my obedience, my loyalty. Forsaking all and surrendering to Jesus.   My soul rejoices to know that now I can have a relationship with Jesus, not only here but eternally in heaven.

Jesus bearing my sin in His body for me to live righteously is like bathing then playing in the mud again. We know we'll be scolded but we do it anyway. Jesus was there when the ground swallowed up people in the wilderness and when the people died because of Baal. He has seen God's wrath but chose to take my sins in His body to knowingly receive my punishment from God. Describing that feeling of what Jesus did and will do for me is beyond words.

Q3. (2:24a) 
This may seem like a simplistic question, but give it thought before you answer, and then answer thoughtfully. 
What is the significance to you personally that Jesus bore your sins in His own body on the cross? 

I cannot even begin to imagine the suffering Jesus must have gone through for my sins alone, never mind the sins of the world. It can only be because of His love for me, and His obedience to His Father, that He endured this inexpressible punishment. This is the ultimate act of love – to give one’s body, one’s very life, for the unrighteous. To think Jesus bore all of my past, present and future sins. I am now dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. I can now approach our Heavenly Father clothed in His righteousness. I am forever grateful to my Lord and Saviour! Thank You Lord!

I was thinking that perhaps Peter may have had in mind the idea of a ‘scapegoat’ (Lev 16:20-22). Where Jesus is seen as carrying our sins to the tree (cross) and thus dismissing them, as they were dismissed in the wilderness by the scapegoat. 

Q3. (2:24a)

Q. This may seem like a simplistic question, but give it thought before you answer, and then answer thoughtfully. What is the significance to you personally that Jesus bore your sins in his own body on the cross?

A. It means that Jesus Christ my Lord, without sin, and because of the amazing love of God aimed at bringing me back to Him from my path to eternal damnation and death because of sin, took my own sin and the resultant death penalty on Himself to die on my behalf. What a Saviour. I am eternally grateful Lord.

Jesus loves me even when I don't love myself.  He knows everything about me even though I don't know myself.  He gave His life for me.  He forgave my sins.  He continues to know me and stand by me every single second even when I am so blind and thoughtless that I forget to see Him.  He forgives me.  He waits for me.

Q3. (2:24a) This may seem like a simplistic question, but give it thought before you answer, and then answer thoughtfully. What is the significance to you personally that Jesus bore your sins in his own body on the cross?

1. It is the significance that Jesus bore my sins so that I may be able to have a right to the tree of life. My sins could be forgiven, I might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds I have been healed. Also, Jesus bore my sins in his body means that he took my sins upon his very Self. Jesus was my substitute because it should have been me and not him on the cross.

Q3. (2:24a) This may seem like a simplistic question, but give it thought before you answer, and then answer thoughtfully. What is the significance to you personally that Jesus bore your sins in his own body on the cross?

1. It is the significance that Jesus bore my sins so that I may be able to have a right to the tree of life. My sins could be forgiven, I might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds I have been healed. Also, Jesus bore my sins in his body means that he took my sins upon his very Self. Jesus was my substitute because it should have been me and not him on the cross.

I try very hard to understand how someone can sacrifice so much the world.  This was because of a deep love for us, his children. God loves me, God wants me to have a spiritual life.  Jesus took the responsibility for my sin by taking my curse (a life of sin inherited from Adam and Eve), my punishment (living in a wicked and evil world), my consequences (not obeying His commandments), not giving him the glory.  He died on the cross so that I may have the opportunity of new life in His Father’s kingdom by accepting God as my Lord and Savior and living a life in Christ.  

On 2/26/2004 at 6:13 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

It is so significance to me personally that Jesus Christ a sinless man and God descended so low to have compassion on a sinner like me and bored my sins. I can't imagine it. It is an evidence of telling me that He really created and have sympathy on all His creations no what their situations are. I will do anything to reciprocate His unmerited and unconditional love towards me a sinner.

On 2/26/2004 at 6:13 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

It is so significance to me personally that Jesus Christ a sinless man and God descended so low to have compassion on a sinner like me and bored my sins. I can't imagine it. It is an evidence of telling me that He really created and have sympathy on all His creations no what their situations are. I will do anything to reciprocate His unmerited and unconditional love towards me a sinner.