JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Kingdom in Your Midst

• 1 month later...

The Kingdom is present within us by Jesus' Spirit.  Jesus was physically present among men for a time as the propitiation for our sin..  This teaches me that Jesus is eternal, true God and true man. His Kingdom was, is and is to come.

Q3. (Luke 17:20-21) How do you understand Jesus’ saying, “The Kingdom is within you” or “in your midst”? Based upon the Kingdom was present among them in the Presence and Person of Jesus. The kingdom shows itself as Jesus teaches, gathers disciples and exercises God's authority here on earth. Yes, the kingdom is present within us by Jesus Spirit, that is true, and the Epistles develop the idea of the indwelling Spirit. Jesus doesn't teach an individualistic kingdom anywhere else in the Gospel, l think he intended his saying to be understood in the sense of the Kingdom being "among" or in the midst" pf the Pharisees in his own Person.

What does this teach us about Jesus? That Jesus is the co-creator with Father from the beginning and the Kingdom is present in the person of Jesus the King.

Q3.

Q. (Luke 17:20-21) How do you understand Jesus' saying, "The Kingdom is within you" or "in your midst"?

A. His reign is among us as He takes preeminence and authority over us. I think it also means his rule over us as individual through his Holy Spirit

Q. What does this teach us about Jesus?

A. Jesus Christ is King and Lord of the Nations

The Kingdom in their midst to me is not saying that the Kingdom was within them considering how the religious leaders felt about Jesus. But, I believe Jesus meant that through His teaching, gathering disciples and exercising God's authority here on earth is how the Kingdom is in their midst.

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 11:30 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q3. (Luke 17:20-21) How do you understand Jesus’ saying, “The Kingdom is within you” or “in your midst”? What does this teach us about Jesus?

1.  I understand Him to be saying that rather than a physical destination, it's a spiritual entity which can be personal, by choice, and available to anyone who is interested in pursuing.

2.  Jesus is always clear in communication...He is always in teaching mode and revealing truth, and pursuing relationship. 

Q3.  a) Luke17:20-21 - How do you understand Jesus' saying, "The Kingdom is within you" or "in your midst"?

To many the Kingdom is some futuristic sovereignty that will appear with the 2nd Coming of Christ, and which will realized after a number of catastrophic presence of destructive signs.

The Pharisees on the other hand had very grand notions of the extent of the Messiah’s kingdom, which can be astronomically observed and realized possibly in their lifetime.

To me the Kingdom is the spirituality within every person who has been born again and have accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior, and more importantly within every person who has allowed the inner spiritual reality of God’s rule to be in control within their hearts.

Therefore I choose to acknowledge and embrace the kingdom of God in its spiritual entirety as taught by the resurrected Christ who suffered to redeem me.

B) What does this teach us about Jesus?

Every Christian’s depiction of the affiliation between God and humanity must essentially involve the concept of God as King living among us and within our hearts. Unlike the Jews and Pharisees of the time of Christ, Christians all over the globe must not look for a Deliverer in anticipation of liberation of their nation, but grasp, soak up in and realize Jesus’ Good News of repentance, faith and hope.

Then, and only then, will our God “set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed; and the kingdom shall not be left to other people; it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand forever.” (Dan 2:44) And finally the Kingdom of God will replace the sinful and unbelieving governments of this world.

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 2:30 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q3. (Luke 17:20-21) How do you understand Jesus’ saying, “The Kingdom is within you” or “in your midst”? What does this teach us about Jesus?

Reminds me of a song " The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty, is mighty.  He will save and he will rejoice over thee with joy.  He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing, The Lord thy God in the midst of this, is mighty, is mighty, is mighty. My understanding is that when I committed my life to Jesus, he came into my very being.  It teaches us that He is "Immanuel, God with us".  Col. 1:27 Christ in you, the hope of Glory.  This is to the regenerated.

In speaking to the Pharisees, he probably meant that He was in their midst. The Kingdom of God has come unto you.

The Kingdom is present in the person of Jesus the King.

Q3. (Luke 17:20-21) How do you understand Jesus' saying, "The Kingdom is within you" or "in your midst"? What does this teach us about Jesus?

if I am in Christ and He is in me then His kingdom is in me and I am part of His kingdom and the Holy Spirit makes it real to me by His presence.  When we gather together as believers the kingdom is within us and in our midst.  When Jesus was on earth and the pharisees were questioning Him the kingdom was in their midst but they  did not recognize Jesus because they didn't want to out of pride but the kingdom was still in their midst.  There is a song that goes "He is here He is here He is moving among us, He is here He is here as we gather in His name, He is here  He is here and He wants to work a wonder, He is here as we gather in His name".  He says in Romans 8 He will never leave us and never forsake us. He is here in the midst of us always as He was with Shadrach, Meshach and Abenego in the fire and Daniel in the lions den. Sometimes in Spirit and sometimes in the form of a Man.

God Bless!

Jen

Numbers 6:24-26

Q3. (Luke 17:20-21) 
How do you understand Jesus' saying, "The Kingdom is within you" or "in your midst"? 
What does this teach us about Jesus?

Jesus was talking about a Kingdom that was not a worldly kingdom, nor was it a visible kingdom which could be pointed out as being here or there.
He had also mentioned that His Kingdom is not of this world.
Jesus spoke about the Kingdom so often, so eventually people would begin to question Him about it. 
The Pharisees were most probably mocking Jesus when they asked questions about the kingdom.
As the Jews thought the kingdom would be preceded and introduced with great power and glory.  
So they were looking for outward signs and great political upheavals. 
Meanwhile, the Kingdom is the sphere where Jesus, who is the Messiah, is acknowledged as the King – the Supreme Ruler.
In its widest sense, it includes all who have accepted our Lord Jesus Christ as their Saviour, and is distinct from the secular world.
It is different in that it is characterised by lives of practical righteousness and attitudes of peace and harmony controlled by the Holy Spirit. 
Being invisible to unbelievers; we as Christians have had our blindness removed and know it is real and tangible and expanding. 
Jesus is the King and with His Second Coming will rule forever and ever!!

(Luke 17:20-21) How do you understand Jesus’ saying, “The Kingdom is within you” or “in your midst”? What does this teach us about Jesus?

Jesus is saying that the Kingdom consist of the work of God's Spirit in people lives and relationships.  

Teaches that the Kingdom is present among us in the Presence and Person of Jesus.

The scholarly Pharisees asked Jesus about the kingdom of God hoping that His answer will give them ammunition to have Him arrested.  I think that Jesus was saying that the ability to see God’s kingdom was in one’s heart.  He is among us always and all we have to do is accept Him into our hearts and we would receive salvation and be a part of his spiritual kingdom.

Jesus spoke words that often held double meanings.  His words show us that He was filled with God’s wisdom and compassion.  He gave an answer that would satisfy the scholarly Pharisees and His followers present.

Q3.  (Luke 17:20-21) How do you understand Jesus' saying, "The Kingdom is within you" or "in your midst"? What does this teach us about Jesus?

1. Jesus’ spirit is in us because we have him inside of us which is the Holy Ghost. He is in the midst of us and wherever we go because we have him inside of us and he leads, guides, and protects us.

2. He is omnipresent. (everywhere) He goes with us everywhere.

On 12/16/2016 at 1:30 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

To understand Jesus saying "the Kingdom is within you" or "in your midst" maybe said yes, the Kingdom was in their midst, for he was from the kingdom of heaven. Within us, after his death and resurrection, the Holy Spirit comes to dwell within us as spirit.

Jesus was the Son of God, he came to declare the gospel, and after his resurrection from the dead, he ascended to heaven, sending his Holy Spirit to dwell within us. He came as God-Man and by his death satisfied the Father's atonement for our sins. Thus, he became our bridge, our mediator to God the Father.    

• 2 weeks later...

I understand “ the kingdom is among you “ to mean two things:

1. I think this phrase meant to mean to the people to whom Jesus was speaking that the kingdom of God was in their midst because they were standing in the presence of the son of God, Jesus is the messiah.

2. I also think that this phrase also applies to us today as we read the gospel where Jesus is telling us that he is in our midst both in his presence in the world and his presence as the holy spirit in our lives. The Kingdom of God is at hand implies that the Kingdom is Here and Now, both in our time and in the time of the Pharisees to whom Jesus was speaking.

The Pharisees asked Jesus God’s Kingdom would come, not knowing that it had already arrived. The Kingdom of God is not like an earthly kingdom with geographical boundaries. Instead, it begins with the work of God’s Spirit in people’s lives and in relationships. We must resist looking to institutions or programs for evidence of the progress of God’s Kingdom. Instead, we should look for what God is doing in people’s hearts.

• 2 weeks later...

Jesus saying that the Kingdom is within you and in your midst means that the prophecy is getting fulfilled in His presence and the Pharisees  sadducees are not realising that the King of King is amongst them who is going to rule and for that He has come to prepare and alert all the mankind.\

This teaches us that the graceful kingdom of God is at present in the midst us also in the form of His Holy spirit, and in the same way when Jesus was here on earth as Son of man. Today also it implies us to get prepared by rebuking our ways, by repenting and living righteously.

• 2 months later...

How do you understand Jesus' saying, "The Kingdom is within you" or "in your midst"?

The Kingdom of God is within us if God’s spirit is within us. This is evident by a person’s lifestyle. Kingdom, by definition according to dictionary.com is:

1. a state or government having a king or queen as its head.
  2. anything conceived as constituting a realm or sphere of independent action or control:

Jesus is King and His Kingdom is the realm His people live in. The way I see it, there are two "realms" to choose from--the Kingdom of the World or the Kingdom of God. We are in the world, but not of it. One can very easily see members of either of these realms by looking around, reading the news, That puts the Kingdom in our midst. If is up to us to choose which Kingdom shall rule over us as it comes from within.

What does this teach us about Jesus?

It brings up the age-old question of who can understand the mind of God, but the bottom line is that Jesus is the King and we can either choose to, or not to follow Him. There is no in-between, you either follow Jesus or Satan. Just like He separated the light from darkness and gave them different names in the beginning of Genesis. One might say there are many colors between white and black but they are all reflections, or the breakdown of white, while black is simply the absence of light. There are many people who claim to be neutral but there is no neutral zone on this one, you either choose Jesus or judgement.

• 2 weeks later...

Jesus is present and always with us; the kingdom of God is present (Jesus seen) but not in its fullness (expression) - the work of God's Spirit in our hearts; there is dominion over passions and sin; cannot be physically seen (unless revealed to us); the setting up of rule and reign (our lives); power of God to change us

• 2 months later...
On 12/16/2016 at 11:30 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

The true presence of God is within us and amongst us.  He is ever present in all aspects of our life.  Jesus is with us always.

• 11 months later...
On 12/16/2016 at 1:30 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

On 8/22/2017 at 10:36 AM, Ms. Joanne said:

The true presence of God is within us and amongst us.  He is ever present in all aspects of our life.  Jesus is with us always.

Jesus Christ was meaning the spirit of the person is who you truly are weather it be good and of God or evil and of the devil.  You are either full of light if you are of God or full of darkness if you are of the devil.  Therefore Jesus is telling the people which kingdom do they serve.  It teaches us that Jesus Christ is giving the people free will to either accept Him or deny Him.