JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Presence of the Kingdom

• 1 month later...

The Kingdom is present within us by Jesus' Spirit. 

Jesus works through those who possess His Spirit.  Because Jesus is all powerful, I would not want to put on any limit on what He can or will do through us.  When Jesus' returns coming on the clouds in heaven every eye will see Him and every knee will bow to His Majesty. This is when the Kingdom of God will be manifest to all.

Q4. Is the Kingdom of God present now? Yes, the Kingdom is present in the Person of Jesus the King. 

In what sense? Jesus works through those who possess His Spirit.  Because Jesus is all powerful. Jesus revealed his glory, and his disciples put their faith in him.

What are the present limitations of this Kingdom’s power, if any? For now, we live with tension that the kingdom of God is present in power, but not yet finalized or fully visible on earth.

When will the Kingdom of God be fully manifest to all? At Jesus second coming

Q4. Is the Kingdom of God present now? In what sense? What are the present limitations of this Kingdom’s power, if any? When will the Kingdom of God be fully manifest to all?

Yes the kingdom of God is present now in the Holy Spirit who resides in His people and through His Word which is more powerful than a two edged sword.  I believe one of the limitations is the apathy of His people,  also the quenching of the Spirit and the continuing presence of evil demonic spirits which are allowed to do 'their dirty work" so that the Lord can separate the sheep from the goats, refine us, grow our faith, and glorify Himself in the earth.  One evidence of that will be when the nations gather against Israel in  end days and are crushed by supernatural means and God will be glorified on the earth. Ezekiel 38:19-23

Then comes the Second Coming of our Lord to the earth in full glory.  There Will be no opposing Him.  He Will bring in HIs long awaited Kingdom and He Will receive fully the glory due His Name.

God Bless!

Jen

Jude 25

Q4.

Q. Is the Kingdom of God present now?

A. Yes.

Q. In what sense?

A. Through the miracles of Jesus and that of His disciples including the miracles of our generation as glory is given to God each time a miracle is done in his Name.

Q. What are the present limitations of this Kingdom's power, if any?

A. It is believed that total reign is not yet achieved and that is why there are still blood she and evil.

Q. When will the Kingdom of God be fully manifest to all?

A. When Jesus returns, at His second coming.

The Kingdom of God began when Jesus Christ started His ministry here on earth and it was established through His death on the cross. The Kingdom has been continuously growing since then through the works of all those who are following Christ. Since the cross, we have been given power of the Holy Spirit who is living within us. Through the Holy Spirit, there is no limitations of the Kingdom's power even though it is not fully manifested. The Kingdom of God will be fully manifested at second coming of Jesus Christ.

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 2:31 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q4. Is the Kingdom of God present now? In what sense? What are the present limitations of this Kingdom’s power, if any? When will the Kingdom of God be fully manifest to all?

Yes.  Christ reigns, the Glorious Kingdom is an on-going present reality, and God often breaks into his world in miracles and "God-sightings," but we have not yet reached the consummation.

"At present we do not see everything subject to him. But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone." (Hebrews 2:8b-9)

At Jesus' Second Coming the Kingdom of God will be fully manifest.

Q4. 
Is the Kingdom of God present now? 
In what sense? 
What are the present limitations of this Kingdom's power, if any? 
When will the Kingdom of God be fully manifest to all?

Yes, the Kingdom of God is present now, but not visible to unbelievers. 
Only those who belong to our Lord Jesus are part of the Kingdom. 
The Kingdom of God will be fully manifest at the Second Coming of Jesus Christ. 

Yes the kingdom of God is present now. It is in a spiritual, invisible form, in the form of Jesus, the Son of God, who is the salvation to all who believe in Him.  With His death on the cross for our salvation, He has given us, believers, an awesome reason to live and a way for unbelievers to enter his kingdom

His kingdom will  be fully manifested at His second coming when He physically appears to judge the living and the dead.  When all other earthly kingdoms shall cease.

Q4.

a)   Is the Kingdom of God present now? In what sense?

Copious verses in the good book tell us that the Kingdom of God would be a magnificent future reality. Take for instance, “I tell you, I will not drink from this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom," (Matt 26:29)  and “I declare to you, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.” (1 Cor 15:50) Even in the Lord’s prayer, we say “Thy Kingdom come” sort of an implication of a future.

Peter associated the return of Christ with the times of restitution of all things, prophesied by prophets much earlier, by saying, “But this is how God fulfilled what he had foretold through all the prophets, saying that his Messiah would suffer. Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord, and that he may send the Messiah, who has been appointed for you—even Jesus.” (Acts 3:18~20)

Probably I assume even the disciples of Jesus were not able to comprehend the meaning of the Kingdom of God. After the Resurrection and just before the Ascension, they asked “……Lord, is this the time when you will restore the kingdom to Israel?”(Acts 1:6), for Jesus replied, “It is not for you to know the times or periods that the Father has set by his own authority.”(Acts 1:7)

Well, I guess the answer lies in Jesus’ reply, “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth,” clearly indicating the spreading/building of the Kingdom of God throughout the world, here and now.

The Kingdom of God is very much present in every repented Christian who turns to God and walks in His ways, for it is said, “Happy are those whose sins are forgiven, whose wrongs are pardoned.” (Ps 32:1) A sense of belonging to God must vibrate from not only from the depths of a Christian’s conscience but also from his/her very heart – then the Kingdom of God will have become a reality in our lifetime today.

B)    What are the present limitations of this Kingdom's power, if any? 

Yes! We are forced to deal numerous limitations including those medically induced ones. To spell out a few :- restlessness / sleeplessness / common flu / unpredictable hormones / chemotherapy / radiation / exhaustion / weariness - but these are stuff that limits our physical activity.

The things that hinder/limit humans from the Kingdom are :-

the refusal of repentance / immersion in selfish desires of the heart / allowing Satan to help make sensible compromises – these are just 3 of it.

What we Christians need today is Redemption – we must not let our limitations to hinder us from opening our hearts to God. And yes! To stay on course and aligned to God by lifting spiritual weights – praying / sacrifices / meditating on the Word of God etc. We must acknowledge the fact that we serve a God Who has no limitations, because, “….indeed, he who watches over Israel, will neither slumber nor sleep.” (Ps 121:4)

c)      When will the Kingdom of God be fully manifest to all?

As mentioned earlier, we must seek and crave for God, like the psalmist exclaimed, “As a deer longs for flowing streams, so my soul longs for you, O God.” (Ps 42:1) To experience the Kingdom, all of us, as children of the Kingdom must live in constant communion with our Lord only then would we be able to find the Kingdom deep inside and in the midst of our hearts.

I also believe, if I had lived such a life with the Kingdom of God in the midst of my heart, I will even when I am dead  will rise to the God’s call on the Day of the Lord, the Second Coming of Christ, when the Kingdom of God is fully manifest. Alleluia.

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 11:31 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

A. Yes, His Word confirms it.

B. When I became a believer His kingdom took up residence in me.

C. His full potential resides in me, but is limited by my will, my faith, my obedience, my physical location and limitations.

D. Jesus' Second Coming: When he returns with His Bride to reign on earth for 1,000 years after the rapture of His church followed by the 7 year tribulation period on unbelieving, unrepentant earth. 

On 12/16/2016 at 1:31 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

The Kingdom of God is not present with us at this time.

The present limitations of the Kingdom's power are by miracles and God sightings. Miracles are the most obvious presence of God's spirit. God sightings at this time are rare to none.

The Kingdom of God will be fully manifest to all when they see Christ coming to earth in the clouds of glory. 

Q4. Is the Kingdom of God present now? In what sense? What are the present limitations of this Kingdom's power, if any? When will the Kingdom of God be fully manifest to all?

1. Yes; "If I drive out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you." (Matthew 12:28)  

2. In the sense that it is in us due to the fact that we are saved and have the holyghost.Each of Jesus' miracles is a sign of the Kingdom. Through each of them, the glory of the Glorious Kingdom can be seen.

3. Really there are no limitations. It depends on us to get ready to be in a place praising and serving God to do greater miracles.

4. At Jesus' Second Coming the Kingdom of God will be fully manifest.

Yes, the Kingdom of God is present now in the sense that we still get to see miracles. There isn’t many limitations of this Kingdom’s power if we are willing to follow God’s instructions. If God gives us the intuition to do something then He will also give us the power to accomplish the task. Only in God’s Kingdom can we do that. The full Kingdom of God will be fully manifested to all when Jesus returns.

Q4. Is the Kingdom of God present now? Yes, the Kingdom is present within us by Jesus Spirit and the glory of the Glorious Kingdom can be seen.

In what sense? Jesus works through those who possess His Spirit.  Because Jesus is all powerful. Jesus revealed his glory, and his disciples put their faith in him.

What are the present limitations of this Kingdom’s power, if any?

When will the Kingdom of God be fully manifest to all? At Jesus second coming

Yes the kingdom of God is present at this time. It is present in the sense that the Holy Spirit lives in our hearts, in our bodies and in our actions.

The presence of sin in the world puts limitations on the power of the Kingdom. It is only with the power of the Holy Spirit that we as people in this present age that we are able to overcome the powers of evil. We are to put on the whole armor of God so that we can fight against the evil one.

The kingdom of God will fully come when Jesus arrives at his second coming. At that time the wolf will lie down with the lamb and the child shall play over the the hole  of the asp. 

• 2 weeks later...

Q4. Is the Kingdom of God present now?    yes thru the Holy ghost that lives within us.

In what sense? Thru our faith in God's power to perform miracles.

What are the present limitations of this Kingdom’s power, if any?    It would be our unbelief in God.

When will the Kingdom of God be fully manifest to all?  Upon Christ's return

Jesus is operating now with power of the father in heaven and performing miracles, is itself the sign that the kingdom of God is present now. There are no limitations to His kingdom but at present He did not reveal completely, but when He comes again to establish His kingdom for ever and ever it will be manifested to all.

• 2 months later...

Is the Kingdom of God present now?

Yes, the Kingdom is here among, and within us (those who choose to accept that).

In what sense?

In spirit and visibly by the way His people live their lives.

What are the present limitations of this Kingdom's power, if any? When will the Kingdom of God be fully manifest to all?

If there are any limitations on this Kingdom’s power it would come under lack of faith. Jesus often talked about this. The Kingdom of God will be complete upon the return of our King, Jesus.

• 2 weeks later...

The kingdom of God is present now (we are changed and saved - the work of God

Limited by our beliefs (not an inward conviction)

It will be fully manifested in Jesus' second coming

• 2 months later...
On 12/16/2016 at 11:31 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

I think I am going to start backwards at answering the questions.  I think that the kingdom of God is manifest to all of us.  It is our limited vision that does not see it.  I believe that during the second coming is when it will be fully realized, because that is when God will very clear to all people.  The present limitations are that there are not enough of us to do the work to bring about the kingdom.  I believe that the kingdom of God is present if we look around us and marvel at his works, his miracles, nature etc.

• 11 months later...

Yes, the whole world is full of His Glory but not as much as the Kingdom of Heaven.  God works miracles everyday, God is so creative we can’t even begin to grasp how powerful and creative and glorious He really is.  The limitations now are that sin exists in this world, we can’t help it we all make mistakes but not God.  Part of the reason sin exists is because of Satan’s temptations, he knows what’s in man and he uses it to tempt us continually.  When Christ comes back riding on the clouds  with all of the holy angels.  Then that’s it for the evil people as the angels are the reapers and they shall come forth and sever the wicked from among the just and shall cast them into a furnace of fire.  Then Satan is bound for a thousand years, then after the thousand years he is unlosed to gather his slaves from Gog and Magog to attack the holy city, then fire comes out of the mouth of God and destroys them all.  Then Satan, who is also know as the devil is cast alive into the lake of fire and brimstone to be tormented day and night for ever.  Then finally all evil will be gone and God will create a new Heaven and earth where no evil will exist.  Then God will be our Father like He already is but we will be with him and he will take away all pain, and crying, then His Kingdom will be manifested to all of us written into the book of life.

• 7 months later...

Q4. Is the Kingdom of God present now? In what sense? What are the present limitations of this Kingdom's power, if any? When will the Kingdom of God be fully manifest to all?

The kingdom of God is present now but from personal experience I believe that we have buried it in our hearts by submitting to man and doing things man's way..  Romans 14:17 says that the kingdom of God is righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Ghost.  The church received the Kingdom of God on the Day of Pentecost.  But much of the church has buried the Holy Spirit in our hearts by submitting to man.  Jesus told His church that all authority in heaven and earth had been given to Him and therefore to go and make disciples of all nations, teaching them to obey Jesus who is the King of His kingdom.  But we made Caesar and Jesus co-lords and no longer told people they had to obey Jesus.  John 14 says that if we obey Jesus He will manifest Himself to us.  I believe that means manifest His kingdom to us. If there is a Kingdom theer is a king who we are supposed to obey. The law of the glorious kingdom is love. 

The kingdom will fully manifest when the kingdoms of this world become the kingdom of our Lord and His Christ  This will happen at the seventh trumpet according to the Book of Revelation.  But for now we the church are to be the kingdom of God on earth, being a light in the darkness by praising God who inhabits our praises.