JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Being Blessed and Being a Blessing

God blessed Abraham.

Abraham was personally blessed with wealth

His name was blessed by the three monotheistic religions Judaism, Christianity and Islam

Millions of people were inspired by Abraham who blessed him

Through his life and his descendent Jesus the Messiah the people of the earth receive the blessing of salvation

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q2. (12:2-3) In what ways was Abraham blessed. How have all the peoples of the earth been blessed? In what way does Abraham continue bless people through your life?

Abraham was blessed as the father of God's chosen people by blood as well as the spiritual father of all believers. He was also blessed to be the father of the Messiah. It is through Jesus Christ that all the peoples of the earth have been blessed. Abraham, as my spiritual father, blesses my immediate family through me as I try to bring them into a deeper relationship with Christ.

THROUGH OBEDIENCE. ABRAHAM WAS BLESSED BY BECOMING A NATION. HE WAS BLESSED WITH WEALTH. WE HAVE ALL BEEN BLESSED BY FATHER ABRAHAM AND THROUGH HIS DESCENDANT JESUS THE MESSIAH. EVERYTIME SOMEONE COMES TO SALVATION WE CONTINUE TO BE BLESSED BY BEING ADDED TO HIS KINGDOM. ABRAHAM WAS GIVEN SUCCESS, PROSPERITY, LONGEVITY AND FAVOR IN GOD'S EYES BECAUSE OF HIS OBEDIENCE.

Q2= We are blessed through Abraham because he has set before us a great example of faith. A type of our relationship to Yahweh the one true God, our Father the One who calls us, directs us and has for us an eternal inheritance in canaan. Also and most importantly we are blessed through Abraham to know The Lord Jesus Christ.

Q2. (12:2-3) In what ways was Abraham blessed. How have all the peoples of the earth been blessed? In what way does Abraham continue bless people through your life?

Abraham was blessed through the covenant that was promised to him, blessed throughout the nation, through his descendants and descendants through Jesus Christ.

Because of Abraham total faith and complete obedience to God, I have inherited the ability to have total faith in God and obedience to his Word, what a blessed creature I am! How I thank my God for His Son Jesus Christ who enabled my faith and sealed my ability to have complete trust in God. By Father Abraham's example to offer his only son (God promised heritage), I understand that I too can make a similar offering to the Lord by loving and giving my best to others.

In summation: By faith, Abraham so loved God that he offered his best. God rewarded Abraham's efforts by offering by so loving the World that he gave His best, Jesus Christ, our Lord to all ( believers). As Christ sacrificed his best, his life for me, I can now offer my best to him by loving others through words and deeds. The blessings started with Abraham and continues through myself and all those who truly love the Lord with a whole heart, mind, body and soul. Amen

In what ways was Abram blessed? He was given favor, happiness, misfortune was prevented, Abram was made a great nation, his name is great, he was blessed, and we are blessed through Abram.

How have all the people been blessed? Due to Abrahams obedience all people are blessed.

In what way does Abram continue to bless people through your life? For when God raised up Abram he made him a blessing by turning us from our wicked ways as we ought to turn others from their wicked ways and bless them.

Abraham was blessed in many ways. He was blessed with wealth, given an heir in Isaac. He was the father of the Arab people. He received these blessings because of his closeness to the Father, through his daily walk with God. All the people have been blessed through Abraham because of the results of his closeness with the Lord, we have a role model and a leader that we can look to for a wonderful example of how we should live our lives, how our daily walk with God should be. We are also blessed through Abraham because of his descendent, Jesus the Messiah. Abraham continues to bless people through my life (hopefully) through my daily walk with God, through my teachings in an Adult Sunday School class that I have been blessed to lead (even though God is the true Leader of this class), and through my daily prayer time, both between just myself and my Savior, and the daily family prayer time that we share every day.

The way I look at it, his greatest blessing was through being the father of nations, faith, and the Messianic blood line.

The way that ALL people are blessed by him is that grace is overflowing and abundant because of his obedience. What I mean by overflowing and abundant is that all true love and beauty and goodness that is with us is provided by God the Father to reach out to us. The enemy (Satan and his crew) seek to make mankind thier slaves through false worship of anything other than the true God. Satan hates man, because God created man above him. He was not happpy as a servant and he seeks to break us beneath him. Love and beauty in this world is the evidence of the grace abundant of our savior, which many take for granted, but blessed they are indeed, because the enemy would have it differently. It is God's spirit holding the evil back from overtaking us completely.

Abraham continues to bless people through my life because I have been redeemed, therefore I pray and lift up those around me. I have seen my prayers answered, halleluiah!, for not just my own situations, but for others I have prayed for. It is such a joy to see good things happen for those I love! and also fuel for my faith as well.

Abraham was blessed with wealth, was given an heir in Isaac, became the father of the arab peoples thru Ishmael, blessed with 6 additional children by

Keturah,finally God promised him his name would be great and his descendants would become a great nation.

Abraham,thru his own life,and thru his descendant Jesus the Messiah,has conveyed the blessings of salvation to all the peoples of the earth.

GODS PROMISE TO BLESS ABRAHAM MADE HIM A GREAT MAN BUT ABRAHAM HAD TO BE OBEDIENT TO GOD,AND DO WHAT GOD WANTED HIM TO DO.GOD HAD GREAT PLANS FOR ABRAHAMS LIFE.

VERSE 3: GOD SAID HE WOULD BLESS THOSE WHO BLESS ABRAHAM,ALL PEOPLE ON EARTH WILL BE BLESSED THROUGH ABRAHAM.

AS GOD LEAD ABRAHAM,GOD MAY BE TRYING TO LEAD YOU TO A PLACE OF GREATER SERVICE AND USEFULNESS FOR HIM.DONT LET US MISS GODS PLAN FOR OUR LIFE.GOD WILL BLESS US AS HE DID ABRAHAM IF WE ONLY HEAR HIS CALLING,BUT WE MUST ANSWER AND BE OBEDIENT.

Because it was accounted to him as righteousness for his trust in the Lord. The Lord blessed his seed Isaac and all those descended from Isaac. He was blessed spiritually, and financially and probably physically (healthy enough to father a child in old age and have the energy to move everyone and everything from place to place). All have been blessed thru Abraham's son Isaac. My belief and desire to be obedient shows in ways that others are or may be affected. Some ask questions and some have accepted Christ and/or confirmed their belief in Christ. Praise God!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Q2. (12:2-3) In what ways was Abraham blessed.

He got to hang out with God. God encouraged him and challenged him in a voice that Abe new was Gods voice. My walk with God would be less of a struggle if I could hear my Lords voice like do my wifes or a close friend. My world is so busy that I can only my head spinning at time. Abe got to hang out with God, what a blessing.

How have all the peoples of the earth been blessed?

Faith. Once we fully understand the concept of liveing in faith, and allowing faith to motivate us and change us, only then dows the blessing Abe experienced begin to change our world and some day our nation. The united States is on a path of losing the blessing. My opinion.

In what way does Abraham continue bless people through your life?

When I see a person who has nothing yet simply the love of Christ in their lives, then thats a blessing. I miss out on the blessings God sends my way because of my pity party attitude I have too often. God is all I need but I don't live this every day...why???

• 2 weeks later...

He was blessed first when God revealed himself to him. How many today enjoys that priviledge. Then he was chosen to be God's elect. That is he was givent the opportunity to have faith in the coming of the Lord. He could see while others remain blind.

Though he did not know Him then, Abraham had faith that the Savious will and come and As God promised, come through him.

Then Abraham had his life chronicled by the writers of the Scriptures. A detail description of how God can beautifully weave his plan in a faulty man.

I am blessed today that I got to know the Lord Jesus, not from the past but in the future. And by Abraham's life (his faith and faithlessness) i have the opportunity to know God's plan and heart. Amen!

• 3 weeks later...

I am new to the forum and do not know exactly what to do. But my answer to the question is that Abraham was bless because he believed God. Now I have the choice either to be blessed by believing the word of God and doing what it commands or cursed by the same word by not obeying the word. And in being blessed, I can bless others.

• 1 month later...

Abraham was blessed in his present time with wealth, a respected name (reputation) and children, in particular Isaac.

He was blessed in the future by having many descendents, being the physical ancestor of a great nation, and the spiritual father to us.

He was blessed because God chose through his line to send Christ and because of the redemptive work of Christ all people are blessed.

The last part of the question, How does Abraham continue to bring blessing through us today was quite thought provoking to me as I had never thought of that aspect of Abraham before.

He continues to bring blessing through us when we share Christ with the world, whether by our actions or verbal witness to others.

Answer to Q2:

(a) Abraham was blessed in many ways: (1) The Lord spoke to him (Genesis12:1) and the Lord appeared to him (12:7); (2) Abraham was called by God from a religion of moon worship (polytheists) to a monotheist (worshiper of one God); (3) Abraham's faith grew as God revealed himself; (4) He had promises from God that were personal (wealth; his name had become truly famous among monotheistic religions; a blessing to others); (5) He had promises from God to be a great nation; he is an inspiration to millions of people.

(B) All the people of the earth has been blessed through Abraham's descendant Jesus Christ, our Messiah who gave the free gift of Salvation to all who believe. Eternal Life!

© Abraham continues to bless people through my life by giving me the example of faith. Also how to respond to God's call. With this example I can carry on the work Abraham was called to do by passing the Good News of the Gospel to people in my little corner of His vineyard. Amen.

As others have said, I believe that Abraham was first blessed in that God would have chosen him to speak to. It's not as if Abraham was already a worshiper of the one true and living God. He was, as best we know, worshipping the moon Gods.

He was blessed in that God gave him the faith to believe that He truly was the one and only living God. Abraham could have easily chosen to disbelieve the word he had received. Many come face to face with our Lord and find ways to explain it away.

He was blessed in that the Lord continued to use him and be patient with him, even though he was not fully obedient to the calling God had placed on him (Leave your country, your people and your father's household). Abraham chose to bring his father and his nephew Lot (or at least chose to allow his father to come along and to bring Lot with him). It would seem this is in direct contradiction to the Lord's will as expressed in 12:1.

He was blessed in that God accepted Abraham's intercessions for Lot, who would have been killed in Sodom had it not been for Abraham's consistent pleading with the Lord for his life. God was very patient with Abraham.

He was blessed with great wealth, health and prosperity.

He was blessed with a strikingly beautiful wife who must have loved him terribly to allow herself to be, more or less, abducted twice, possibly as a result of the lies she told to protect Abraham's life (at his instruction)

He was blessed with an heir in Isaac that would be the beginning of a great nation and eventually to Jesus, the Messiah. This, even after having slept with Sarah's maidservent Hagar, which, to me demonstrates a lack of faith in God to provide an heir through his wife Sarah. Sarah may have been the one to offer Hagar, but Abraham should have said no and trusted God to provide an heir through his wife.

Abraham continues to bless every nation on earth in that every man, woman and child on this planet has the availability of a personal relationship with Father God via our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Through his lineage, the world has been offered the blessing of salvation.

I believe that any time I yield to the Holy Spirt's leading and present the Gospel of Christ, either through my words or my actions and deeds, I am blessing the people's of the earth. And, this can only be as a result of Abraham's great faith in a God that he didn't even really know, in the beginning.

Even though Abraham was not Terah's first born, Abraham is listed first among his father's sons. This is because of his outstanding faithfulness and prominence in the Scriptures.

A son born to Sarah and Abraham in their old age was certainly a blessing. Abraham was blessed spiritually and materially.

All the people of the earth have been blessed through Jesus Christ who gave His life as a ransome for many Matthew 20:28.

Blessings come to us by putting faith in Jesus Christ. Abraham backed up his faith by righteous works James2:21-23. We should do the same.

In Abraham's time, the city of Ur was steeped in Babylonis idolatry, nevertheless,Abraham proved to be a man of faith in God. He earned the reputation "the father of all those having faith while in uncircumcision" Romans 4:11 Since true faith is based on accurate knowledge, Abraham may have received his understanding by personal association with Shem. Their lives overlapped by 150 years. There is no way Abraham would have been involved in idolatry and the worship of the moon-god Sin.

Q2. Abraham was blessed through being a powerful nation, he was blessed through material wealth and personal gain. His family was blessed through him. GOD promised to curse others, whom cursed Abraham.

All of the people of the earth through the faith of Abraham. Abraham faith, beliefs, and sacrifices proved him being the "Father of Faith". He set examples for the entire earth. I know that sacrificing his only son had to be hard. But, he had enough Faith and trust in GOD. As a result of this, GOD blessed Abraham, and us.

Abraham continues to bless people through his word, and illustrations of FAITH. :P

• 6 months later...

Abraham was blessed with having faith to hear and obey God's voice, how great to live so close that we hear Him personally and not have to have someone else tell us what he said. He was blessed with being the father of a great nation (both through Isaac and Ishmael), a great name, promised land and, wealth. He was blessed with a child, the seed of promise, in the old age. To understand fully such faith in today's world would take a much closer walk than most of us have faith to pay the cost that would be required. He was 75 when told to leave his country and kindred and was not at that, time even told where he was going, how many of us would be willing by faith to obey such an order from God even if we knew it was going to bring a blessing? Through Abraham, was Lot blessed and delivered from capture and destruction. Through his lineage came our Lord Jesus Christ who has blessed all mankind with salvation, reconciliation to God and eternal life. We are still receiving blessings by being a part of the seed of Abraham and heirs to the kingdom of God. When our faith wavers, we have Abraham as an example of what God can and will do if we have faith and be obedient.

And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy see after thee. :lol: