JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Being Blessed and Being a Blessing

Of course, the way I feel the most blessed through Abraham is through my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. However, I always feel strengthened in my own faith after re-reading Abraham's faith story. I once taught a Sunday school lesson on Abraham's faith. Being a mathematics teacher by profession made me bring out a big huge graph grid where we charted Abraham's faith through these chapters of Genesis we are studying now...Abraham of course, received the highest mark when he carried Isaac to be sacrificed--and the lowest mark when he took matters in his own hands and tried to pass Sarah off as his sister instead of his wife. One of the students remarked, on seeing the completed graph with its dips and dives, that it made her somehow feel better to see that even Abraham didn't stay on the mountain top all his life. Even with that in mind, I must continue to marvel at Abraham's faith. How many of us would have recognized God's call--the one true God--and not have credited it to one of the gods of our friends, family, or neighbors--or worse yet, decided we were crazy :lol: ?

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello

Abraham is blessed in several ways, but I believe from my reading of the story of Abraham that his greatest blessing is in the form of Sarai his wife. God has chosen Abram for a very special task. He is to become the patriarch of God chosen people. Abram cannot do this task alone. The nation needs a father but just as important, the nation needs a mother; but Sarai is, unable to bear children. Why is God not letting Sarai become the mother of the chosen nation? I feel that God is not allowing Abram to have children with his favorite wife simply because God has a lesson for Abram. What is that lesson? Abram must learn that Sarai is his wife and not his sister. Abram seem to be somewhat confused about this issue. Abram cannot be the patriarch unless he learns that it is he who must protect his wife not she who should protect him. If Sarai was not barren, she could have had a child by any of the leaders that Abram would share her with for his own protection. Abram must be reminded that only the mother knows the true father of a child. God had to keep Sarai barren until Abram learn this most important duty of a leader of a nation. Since all is depended on Sarai having the child that will make all other blessings a reality. Abraham is blessed with children that form two great nations. He is blessed by being the father of the three greatest monotheist religions. However, all of these blessing are depended on his blessed wife Sarah.

Mike

• 1 month later...
Abraham was blessed with the empowerment of God. To achieve in greatness and to be in the midst of Gods blessings. His family, his finances, his journey with God.

Abrahams loyality and obedience allowed all of us to experience Christ in an open and loving way, by showing us that obedience, trust and faith allow us to have the full fufillment of Gods love for us.

Abraham continues to bless people through my life by showing me and allowing me to stand up right for Christ. Leading by example, showing me how to truely walking with God in full reverance, honor, praise, and worship. Which has allowed me to spread the loving truth, spread and teach the ever healing power of the word. Faith comes by hearing and Abraham has taught me how to step forward in the word for others to experience the life changing and the life saving power of Christ

• 4 months later...

Q2. (12:2-3) In what ways was Abraham blessed. How have all the peoples of the earth been blessed? In what way does Abraham continue bless people through your life?

The blessing of Abraham is more than the material riches he had aquired during his wandering. His blessing came to him because of his obebience to God, not with holding his only son to be a sacrafice but trusting the Lord to provide. He had no issues trusting in God. Every on who has given his/herself to Christ knows the blessing Abraham has left. Abraham is a roll model for everyone who trusts in God. I wish that my obedience to God could be only a part of what Abraham's obedience was.

• 2 months later...

Q2. (12:2-3) In what ways was Abraham blessed. How have all the peoples of the earth been blessed? In what way does Abraham continue bless people through your life?

Abraham waas appointed by God to be the father of all nations and because of his faithfulness we are blessed He believed Gao and his endurace and patience has taught me to be more patient and live expectantly to what God promises mee.

Abraham was blesses because of his oabedience to God. Even tho he lived with idol worshippers He remained obedient. Because of his faith we are blesses. Abrahem had much riches and lots of catttle He did not put his faith in mat erialism. He always was reaady to hear the voice of God an d obeyed at any c osst. The willingness to offer his son his oly son was complete obedience to God. No hesitation.

• 2 weeks later...

Abraham was blessed iin cattle health till a good agea d many to oversee his holdings. Yes the entire earth has been blessed because oif his faithfulness to God. Because of hos oabedience to whatever God had instructed him, we h ave an example to follow. When we see and read of hiis obedience without questioning God, but staying in his will reminds me again and again how blessed O desire God's plan f or me. God comes through every time I just received such a blessing today by being obediient to Christ who strengthes me.

• 4 months later...

Abraham was blessed to be the Father of many nations, blessed to be righteous, blessed to be the friend of God but most of all, he was blessed to be the forefather of Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world. In this, I and the world are truly blessed.

• 3 months later...

Abraham was blessed with an heir in Isaac and with other children as well as with material wealth. His name is famous and his life continue to inspire many people.

All of the people of the Earth have been blessed in having a Savior, Jesus Christ. I strive to use my life to make people aware of our Savior. What a privilege it is to be able to do this and what a blessing it is to know this Savior. Patricia A

:)

• 3 weeks later...

Abraham was blessed: to be a great nation, to be a blessing to others, a blessing to all the peoples of the earth. He was blessed with family. He was blessed with wealth. He was blessed with his son Isaac.

Those of the earth have been blessed with Jesus Christ, with salvation, with eternal life.

As Abraham offered his only son to God, God offered his only son to us.

• 4 months later...

I think the most amazing way Abraham was blessed was to have Jesus as a desendant. All the people of the world have been blessed by Jesus because through him we have salvation. It's up to us whether we except salvation or not but it's there for us. By working for God, relying on him to help me, I am blessing people through Abraham. Such as teaching a Sunday school class, talking to someone about Jesus, or visiting the sick I would be blessing people through Abraham.

• 2 weeks later...

Q2. (12:2-3) In what ways was Abraham blessed.

Abraham was blessed in many ways. Abraham was blessed with wealth. He was blessed being the lineage of the Messiah. He was and continues to be famous as his name has never gone into obscurity. His part in the blessings of all of God's Children will always be remembered as we are also blessed when we bless Abraham.

How have all the peoples of the earth been blessed?

All the peoples of the earth are blessed becaused through Abraham's linage we have salvation. Salvation apart from anything else is sufficient for us to thank God for our blessings.

In what way does Abraham continue bless people through your life?

Abraham continues to bless people through my life as I lead them to know the saving power of Christ Jesus, in whom to know is eternal life.

• 5 weeks later...

Abraham was blessed because he obeyed God. When God spoke to him and told him to leave his family his act of obedience was his first test, and his reward for his obedience to God was the promises God spoke over his life. When Abraham left home, he was already wealthy and God keep on increasing him everytime he obeyed God's word. Through the family of Abraham, every family on earth received that same blessing, which we are claim through faith.

• 3 weeks later...

Abraham faith is a challenge and a inspiration to me - that i should always aim for a higher , stronger and richer relationship based on faith in God , not feelings or emotions

Abraham was blessed spiritually and physically and was in turn a blessing to others as well . God is challenging me to achieve /reach up to the standards wich Abraham conquered

• 3 weeks later...

He was blessed because of his obedience to God

All people on earth have been blessed for being a descendant of Abraham who also abides by God.

As many as submits their life to Christ and believe to become children of God as a descendant of Abraham becomes blessed.

• 2 months later...

Abraham was blessed with wealth and an heir in Isaac. Through Ishmael he was the father of the Arab peoples. He had six children with Keturah.

Abraham's name has become famous. The three monotheistic religions look to him as a major figure: Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.

Abraham has been an inspiration to millions of people.

Abraham, through his own life and through his descendent Jesus the Messiah has conveyed the wonderous blessing of salvation to all the peoples of the earth.

• 1 month later...

I suppose the most obvious way God uses me to bless the nations is through my work with The BOAZ Trust (www.boaztrust.org.uk) I work with destitute asylum seekers here in Manchester (UK) - guys from Ethiopia, Eritrea, Sudan, Darfur, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan etc

Many of them are muslims but we serve them as fellow human beings created in the image of God

We have seen four muslims become Christians in recent months & have many with us now who are very open to the Gospel - it amazes us how Jesus appears to them in dreams & visions - & in one case it seems to have been a physical manifestation & hos quickly they mature in the faith :D

• 2 weeks later...

Abraham was blessed with a great nation, he was blessed with wealth and an heir. He was a blessing to others and to all the people on earth. He was blessed physically and spiritually for his obedience to God. His cup ran over with blessings he could not contain. (2) All the people have been blessed by Abraham through his descendent, Jesus Christ. (3) Abraham continues to bless the people through the salvation of Jesus Christ.

Q2. (12:2-3) In what ways was Abraham blessed? How have all the peoples of the earth been blessed? In what way does Abraham continue bless people through your life?

Abraham was blessed with Isaac, material wealth, he is looked upon as a "Father of Faith". Most importantly, we have been blessed through Jesus who descended through Abraham's lineage. However, the world has been blessed through Israel in many ways. For example: 22% of nobel peace prize winners are Jewish....compare that to the percentage that Jews make up of the world population! The Jewish people continue to bless us and that is from God's promise to bless thw world through Abraham.

God continues to bless people around me/through my life, when I act on faith in Him... when I step out of my comfort zone and serve those around me.

Q2. (12:2-3) In what ways was Abraham blessed. He was given wealth, he had a personal relationship with God, he was given a son as an heir. Even when he messed up, God's hand was still with him, protecting him and all he owned.

Q-How have all the peoples of the earth been blessed?

Threw his dessendance the Messiah has come. Threw him Isreal was made, and we have a great example of how God cares, corrects and loves his people.

Q-In what way does Abraham continue bless people through your life?

Abraham's blessing continues to bless others threw my life in that I can share Christ with them.

• 3 weeks later...

Aabraham was blessed with wealth, an heir in Isaac. He was the father of the Arab people, he was a blessing to other people. All the people of the earth have been blessed through his descendent Jesus Christ. Abraham continues to bless people through our lives by us being a blessing to others. Reach out to others and tell them of God's love and let them see God in you.

Q2. (12:2-3) In what ways was Abraham blessed? How have all the peoples of the earth been blessed? In what way does Abraham continue bless people through your life?

When God called Abraham he obeyed God b moving out in faith from Ur to Haram nad finally to Cannan. he was to leave his home and friends aand travel to a new land where God promised to build a great nation from Abraham's family. Abraham obeyed, walking away from his home for God's promise of even greater blessing in future.

Through Abrahaam's family tree, Jesus Christ was born to save humanity. Through Christ, people can have a personal relationship with God and be blessed beyond measure.

Abraham continue blessing people through my life, when I tell people the Love of Godin trusting His Son Jesus Christ so that we can inherent God's promises.

• 2 months later...