JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. The Lord Who Provides

I seem to me that I need to ask first and then God work in his own wonderous way. I remember years ago I was just out of college and facing the draft. This was during the Viet Nam war. I ask God to let me be brave when I face combat. I prayed that I would do my duty with honor. God had other plans. Instead of going to Viet Nam I was ordered to Germany. While there I met a wonderful family that help me find a higher spritiality and Faith. The husband was a Jewish chaplin and his wife was Catholic. Which may seem like a strange marrage but I believe I have never seen two people who enjoyed life together as much as they did. The whole story here is that I asked for help and God gave me so much more than I could have wished for. I believe that God does care for us, it is just many want something wonderous. I do not thing that God is concern with material rewards. Our request for material things, no matter how modest, are of no concern to God.

Mike

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once, a lifetime ago, I was homeless. When I finally started to listen I heard God's voice and He directed my path to His house. It was there that I found shelter, food, clothing. Most important, I found and accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior and I began a new life with the baptism of the Holy Spirit. He provided for me then, 15 years ago, and He provides for me now. I have served Him these 15 years as a missionary in the very place He brought me to. This is a faith based place, accepting no money from the government and with no congregation other than the homeless, the poor and needy . Each day is given to us by Yahweh Jireh and no other. It is truly amazing as to how He provides our every need.

• 3 months later...

:rolleyes:Q3. (22:14) How have you learned to trust God to provide for you?

I strive to live one day at a time and use each day to serve the Lord.

How has he provided for you in the past?

No matter what trials have entered my life, God has been with me and seen me through them.

What are you facing right now that will require God to be your Provider, your Jehovah-Jireh?

I am coping with pain from a nerve disease but I know the Lord will give me strength to use this to draw closer to Him.[/ b]

• 3 months later...

Q3. (22:14) How have you learned to trust God to provide for you? How has he provided for you in the past?

I have learned to trust God to provide for me and He has never let me down.

What are you facing right now that will require God to be your Provider, your Jehovah-Jireh?

Right at this moment I am depending on God to give me the wisdom that I need to complete my current studies.

• 1 month later...

I have learned to trust God by past experiences that has proven to me that he provides.

Although I knew God had blessed me immensely, I didn't realize how much untill now. When my Dad died in 1992 I turned to God and he saved my soul and brought me through the sorrow of losing my Dad. Three years later he gave us a grandson. He was born premature but God brought him through that and today he is fine healthy boy. He saved my husband and me when we were in a terrible car accident that I was nearly paralyzed in. He saved my husband when he had to have a heart operation. He has put me in places to help my brother not only phyically but by witnessing to him and today he is a Christian.

Right now my brother is in bad health and I need God to help me, God forbid, if he goes on to be with the Lord. I know that no one is promised tomorrow and I shouldn't worry, he might outlive me. But sometimes I'm weak and I let the fear over take me. Answering this question has helped me feel much better about things.

• 2 months later...
Q3. (22:14) How have you learned to trust God to provide for you? How has he provided for you in the past? What are you facing right now that will require God to be your Provider, your Jehovah-Jireh?

i have learned to trust God over the years and he has provided abundantly to me and as the Bible says - I have never reached the stage where I have to beg - bcoz God provides abundantly more than I can ask or think - since He is God who does not sleep nor slumber

Jesus Christ , the same yesterday , today and tommorow and forever

Q3. (22:14) How have you learned to trust God to provide for you? How has he provided for you in the past? What are you facing right now that will require God to be your Provider, your Jehovah-Jireh?

i have learned to trust God over the years and he has provided abundantly to me and as the Bible says - I have never reached the stage where I have to beg - bcoz God provides abundantly more than I can ask or think - since He is God who does not sleep nor slumber

Jesus Christ , the same yesterday , today and tommorow and forever

• 3 months later...

I have given my life to God full time in the gospel ministry. I am a Pastor of a brand new church -- Grace Community Church of Live Oak, Florida. We celebrated our first anniversary this past January. I am a retired Master Chief Petty Officer, U.S. Navy with a BS in Political Science from the University of Maryland and Post-graduate work with The Southern Theological Seminary, Southeastern Theological Seminary and Liberty University. I could be making an income well beyond the $400.00 I get per month in gas and experiences as Pastor of this new church start. However, this is where God called me and I love it. I would not want to be anywhere else. I love my congregation of 70 plus. Most importantly, this is where God has planted me and I have given Him my live and He will and has taken care of me and my family beyond my wildest imagination. God honors those who honor Him. It's a promise you can take to the bank.:-).

• 2 months later...

I learned to trust God when I lost my job nine months ago. He has provided the perfect job that I needed to be able to be the witness for Him that I want to be. He has provided health, financial needs met, salvation for my family, a closer walk with Him. I am coming out of a trial that only God can work and peace will be restored and God given the glory. A situtation that I cannot handle on my own. Jesus Christ is my PROVIDER!!

After I gave my life to God, I surrendered everthing to Him, I know that it is not me who lives but Christ livesz in me.

At this time when the economy of the world is at risk, I have left it to God, to be my provider in every daily life.

• 1 year later...

How have you learned to trust God to provide for you? How has he provided for you in the past? What are you facing right now that will require God to be your Provider, your Jehovah-Jireh?

This question has come on a very difficult day for me, and therefore, I think a very appropriate day. I am in a very difficult, most people would say impossible financial situation. In fact the situation was impossible many months ago, but with God's provision and guidance I have survived thus far. During that period, my faith has grown and I have learned to put my trust in Him. With God's guidance, I have been working on a way around the problem and up until yesterday could see a path ahead. Last night though that door seemingly closed, and as I survey the scene now, I am in a very precarious position with virtually no money left, unemployed, and a family to care for. Interestingly, this setback comes at a time when my faith has really been growing and I have started in small ways to bear witness to my faith and to the trust which I am putting in God and in my confidence that He will not let me down. I still believe that God will provide for me (and my family) but I wonder if this severe setback is an attack from Satan who must now be getting seriously worried that my faith in God is taking hold and developing. That is a good sign I suppose, but I just pray that God will protect me from the attacks of Satan. Please can you pray with me that God will deliver me from this setback and protect me from the attacks of Satan. He is my provider, my hope, my strength and my shield and I pray that like Abraham, my faith in Him should be unquestioning and absolute.

I have no othere choice but to trust in God. God has never broken a promise, people let you down but not God. My great grand daughters and I have always had food to eat, I pay my bills, and I have a Savior that loves me no matter what.

Just our daily routine sometimes is a challange, but He is there to give me what is needed. He has never let ne down yet and I'm betting(is I was a betting person)He never will.

I have no othere choice but to trust in God. God has never broken a promise, people let you down but not God. My great grand daughters and I have always had food to eat, I pay my bills, and I have a Savior that loves me no matter what.

Just our daily routine sometimes is a challange, but He is there to give me what is needed. He has never let ne down yet and I'm betting(if I was a betting person)He never will.

I have placed my complete faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ. This has allowed me to become a Son of God John 1 : 12.

I trust my heavenly Father for all things, He has changed me from what I used to be, the change is still on going.

I am out of work at the moment like many others, But I am trusting. I wish to change my live to one of full time pastoral care, I am trusting for God to be my Jehovah-Jireh.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a life changing experiance some years ago my world came down around me in terms of losing my job and home. It seemed so dreadful at the time all my loved ones had been effected by this event. But throught it all, Jesus was there, yes we cried, yes we looked for the why!, but God provided, in every way.

My Father has shown to me that He is my Jehovah-Jereh, all the needs my family and myself are supplied in total. I have a closer walk, a walk of dependance and graditute, a walk of faith.

• 2 months later...

Through experience! I have learned that I can't do anything on my own, If God doesn't make a way it doesn't happen. He wakes me this morning and prepares the way for me to do his will to provide for my family, to bring glory and honor to him in this life he has given me. I am watching for his promises to be fulfilled in my life and the salvation of my husband and children, that everyone who comes after me in my family will serve Him as Savior and Lord. In Jesus name Amen.

• 1 month later...

Q3. (22:14)

How have you learned to trust God to provide for you?

Yes! Most definitely! God has provided for me all my life, and not only for me but for my family as well. Through all the years I have learned to trust Him in everything. I can honestly say I have never been disappointed in the past, and on reflection, everything has occurred for my best will. As we read in Matthew 6:33, we must first seek the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and He will guarantee our future needs. So I

• 4 weeks later...

Because of the promises of God, I am free to believe He protects me and will provide my needs. He has answered my prayers in the past concerning my 2 chronically ill children and has blessed me far past my expectations. I learned to rely on Him and He has rained down His blessings in return. I cannot give enough praise for the gifts He has given. Right now, I view my job as insecure. Because of faith, I can have full assurance that God will lead me down another path if that is His will for me. I cast my cares on Him and He gives me full assurance. What a wonderful God we serve!

• 3 weeks later...

How have you learned to trust God to provide for you?

I say yes, but am still in the process. Some days one thinks we have it all together and boom we slip and try to take control again. I think this is an ongoing process, no matter what our age.

Many years ago I fell inlove with Jesus...I was 8 years old and He has walked by me a provided daily. Sometimes...in fact a lot of the time my life faced turmoil, but He has always been my Abba...my Daddy......He is my provider and strength.

Right now we face some family difficulties and pray for Go'd guidance to show us how to reach out and respond as He would have us .

• 2 months later...

I'm learning

He made a way for me to be transferred to a new department when the person in charge had already had the job set up for someone else.

shortage in funds.

• 5 months later...

God has always provided our needs ever since we were in ministry. I got saved, went on to Bible school, got out and went to work had a good job and then got married. If you had a good job and then went into ministry it is a hard adjustment. You are use to having all the time. But now had two mouths to feed and now in the ministry. I worked in a very stressful job and pastored until I had chronic bronchitus several months in a row. The doctor told me I had to give one of these jobs up - either pastor or work at this stress producing job. Well the job paid all my bills. The church only was able to give me 25.00 a week. I got to live in a parsonage but I had to pay all the bills. $25.00 a week you know will not pay all your bills and put food on the table. But I quit my stressful job and went into full time pastoring and God supplied every need. If I did not have that trial or test in my life, I would never have known that God is my provider!

• 4 months later...

The uncertainties of life force us to find someone or something to provide for those things that we are unable to deal with by ourselves. First of all I had to learn that trust in God and faith in Jesus was not about me at all and esentially not about me being able to provide what was needed in God's kingdom. That over time other things and other means of provision including my own abilities have proven to be less than trustworthy. When there is no where else to go we find the One who is faithful and trustworthy. My faith journey continues because God has provided so many answers, good health, a loving spouse and church family, meaningful work, a comfortable and safe home. So many things large and small God is providing... But it began when God showed by His presence and provision in the small things that I learned I could trust Him in the large things. Since surrendering my will and purpose to God I realize that I cannot be complacent because my adversary the Devil is wanting me to stumble... At present God has given me several areas of responsibility in ministering in a spiritual sense to churched and unchurched people in my community that I must rely on God as my Jehovah-Jireh or fall flat on my face. In this I humbly ask for an obedient ear, strength, wisdom and a compassionate heart that God will provide what is needed for His word to be made known. Knowing that though I may falter in word or deed God will be glorified in all.

• 1 month later...

Q3. (22:14) How have you learned to trust God to provide for you? How has he provided for you in the past? What are you facing right now that will require God to be your Provider, your Jehovah-Jireh

Absolutely, its truly a matter of turning (surrendering) your life to him without fear, doubt or second-guessing.

God has made sure that my family and I have the necessities in order to survive as-well-as offering a helping hand and a tender ear during our physical challenges.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

I have learned to place my trust in the Lord to provide for and my family my applying God's Word to my life and circumstances.  There really is no trick here.  Take God seriously and apply to your life what He is telling us through scripture and the Holy Spirit.

All of my needs are being met.  Truly, the Lord is my Shepherd and I am not in want.