JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q30. Faith-filled Elders

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

I BELIEVE THE ELDER'S ROLE IN PRAYING FOR THE SICK IS TO PRAY AND SEEK GOD FIRST AS TO WHAT SHOULD BE DONE IN THE SITUATION...EG..SHOULD I GO LAY HANDS ON THE SICK AND ANOINT WITH OIL IN THE NAME OF JESUS ?; IS THERE SOME SIN IN THIS PERSON'S LIFE THAT'S CAUSING PHYSICAL ILLNESS AND THUS NEEDS TO BE REPENTED OF?

SEEK GOD FIRST FOR THE COURSE OF ACTION TO TAKE AND THEN PRAY BOLDLY IN FAITH UNTO GOD ON THE PERSON'S BEHALF..

I BELIEVE THIS MINISTRY OF INTERCESSORY PRAYER SHOULD BE GIVEN TO MATURE BELIEVERS WHO ARE ABLE TO STAND IN THE GAP FOR THE SICK AND ARE ABLE TO DISCERN THE CAUSE OF THE ILLNESS THROUGH THE VOICE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.SINCE SOME ILNESSES ARE PHYSICAL AND SOME CAN BE CAUSE BY EVIL SPIRITS OF INFIRMITY, ELDERS NEED TO KNOW HOW TO PRAY AND BIND THE ATTACKS OF SATAN AND LOOSE THE HEALING VIRTUE OF JESUS IN SOME INSTANCES.{NOT ALL INSTANCES, OF COURSE}. THAT'S WHY IN ADDITION TO LIVING A GOD FEARING LIFE OF OBEDIENCE TO THE LORD, THEY NEED KEEN DISCERNMENT AND A LOT OF PATIENCE....GOD BLESS....

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Elders are to be the strength of prayer, to take the lead in discerning the affliction and praying according to Yahweh's will. And elder must be steadfast in the faith, full of the Holy Ghost, walking as Jesus walked. An elder must be sober minded, that is focused continually on the Lord. The elder must be a mature Christian, fully equipt in knowledge of the Word.

• 2 months later...
Q2. (5:14) What is the elders' role in prayer for the sick? What must be their spiritual qualifications for this ministry of prayer?

The elders role is to pray the prayer of faith!! He must pray believing that God will hear his prayer and heal that one in need.

They must be a man or woman of faith! One who knows the Word and is not afraid to step out by faith expecting God to work a miracle.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Q2. (5:14) What is the elders' role in prayer for the sick? What must be their spiritual qualifications for this ministry of prayer?
The elders must be a prayer of intercesion. this is a great responsibility. They must be men of prayer personally and be ready at any moment to fulfill that role whenever a ned arises. They must be leading a lifw od prayer and Bible study and in the scriptures daily.

• 3 weeks later...

1) The Elders role is to anoint with oil and pray for the sick with their strongest faith.

2) Elders should be strong mature Christians that will go to the "Throne Room of God" on behalf of the sick believing God for the healing. The Elders should be strong in their walk with the Lord. Elders should be studying the Word of God and stay in direct communication with the Father on a daily basis. Elders should always pray God's WILL be done in the Name of Jesus.

• 1 month later...

Q2. (5:14) What is the elders' role in prayer for the sick?

In prayer for the sick, the elder's role is to anoint the sick person with oil and "pray the prayer of faith."

What must be their spiritual qualifications for this ministry of prayer?

The spiritual qualification of the elder for this ministry of prayer is that s/he must be a person spiritually matured and full of faith.

• 2 months later...

The elders role in prayer for the sick is to anoint them with oil and pray to God for their healing. Their spiritual qualifications for this ministry of prayer is one of spiritual maturity, a vigorous prayer life and deep faith.

• 4 months later...

The elders role in prayer for the sick, is to lay on hands, anoint with oil and have faith.

Their spiritual qualifications are to be mature in faith, be respected by their children, not short tempered or pushy, nor drinkers. They must be self-controlled, full of integrity and know the Word of God.

• 3 weeks later...

The elders should pray for the sick by laying hands onthem and anointing them with oil in full, unshakeable faith.

They need to be mature in their faith and walk with the Lord and have a compassion for the ill.

• 2 months later...

The elders are to be called to pray on behalf of the sick and to anoint them with oil.. To pray for a person or to intercede is a big duty to be done and not to be taken lightly.

The elders should be deep rooted in their faith and believe that God answers their prayers to heal the person they are praying for. They should have a personal relationship with God and have experienced the power of God in his life and does not doubt God and His Grace..

• 11 months later...

Q2. (5:14)

What is the elders' role in prayer for the sick?

What must be their spiritual qualifications for this ministry of prayer?

The elder of the church are to be persons of sincerity and soundness in the faith, persons of long standing and experience; that is mature believers who have the gift and grace of prayer. They must also be capable of giving advice to the sick.

• 2 months later...

The elders role is to anoint with oil and pray the prayer of faith believing for healing. They should be mature in the faith and bold in asking for the impossible. For nothing is impossible with God. The Word must be in them and they must be open to the leading of the Holy Spirit. They should have a very strong prayer life.

The elders role is to pray over the sick person and anoint h/she with oil. This is a Holy Oil. They would have to be true followers of Christ living a life as holy as possible, living in faith believing that all is possible thru prayer. :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

The elder's of the Church should be praying in FAITH. They should BELIEVE in the power of God. They must be RIGHTEOUS. (The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.)

Unfortunately today, many churches are seeing the church in terms of a secular corporation. Elders are being seen as board of directors. Elders are being seen as people that can bring about the American dream of profit. We are seeing intellectually rather than from the heart.

May we, the Church, begin to we are blessed of God, Christ's bride. If we do his will, God will sustain us, nurture us, help us grow. In Christ name.

• 3 weeks later...

It is my desire to ask our beautiful God for more self control, more focus on Him as the center of my life. and to be more focused in my prayer.

Lord please humble me before you, make me understand that I need to always think about the needs of the person in front of me. May I remember, its not about me, if I want to serve another.

May I remember the example of my peers, men and women, how they speak, how they interact with gentleness. May this memory permeate my mind and take root to fill all the place in my head on how to deal with others, with respect, and gentle listening.

Dear Lord, please make this come to pass in permanence today, and please heal all those who suffer from emotional and physical pains, and show me when and how to help them. In Jesus name, amen.

• 3 months later...

The elder here is presbuteros not episkopoi, meaning an older brother, one who should be full of faith and the Holy Spirit. He should be mature in the faith and not a novice. Also he should be willing to "back up" his faith with actions, ie., prayer and fasting.

These elders are not necessaarily "ruling elders", but could be as well.

The elders role is interceding with prayer and anointing sick person with oil with bold faith, patience, self-control and other qualities of the fruit of the spirit.

The qualifications are a strong faith with years of experience, and through this be spiritually mature. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Answer:

1. What is the elders' role in prayer for the sick?

To use their Maturity as Christian and help,the needy(not only the sick) pray with Faith.

2 What must be their spiritual qualifications for this ministry of prayer?

Should be Righteous..Not their self Righteousness but the RIGHTEOUSNESS OF JESUS,AS A RESULT OF THEM BEING BORN AGAIN BELIEVERS,FULL OF THE ANNOINTING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.

Their Spiritual Qualification,is that TEY MUST KNOW WHO THEY ARE IN CHRIST,IN UNION WITH CHRIST

• 1 year later...

The elders are to come when called after preparing themselves for their role in the process. They must come in faith that God can heal through this process. They must come with a prayer that boldly declares their faith that God can heal the sick. They must come as God’s instruments with God’s authority.

• 1 month later...

The elders’ role in prayer for the sick is to be the one that really believes that the prayer that he is saying is going to heal that sick person. Because the spiritual qualifications for the ministry of prayer is that of one that truly believes what he is prayer about.

• 6 months later...