JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

By becoming financial partners we partake in the legacy of Love already bestowed upon us by Jesus.

We continue to build on the firm foundation of Our Rock.....which is God.

We glorify His name by our Faith and set an example for others to follow.

We show our Love for Him to others and to God.

We give something back to God and not just take from Him...

We recieve the abundance of Christ into our Hearts

We realise how blessed we are to be able to give.

We place our self in Gods will for our lives.we recieve fellowship.

We recieve the opt unity to strengthen God Church and our Brothers and Sisters.

We recieve the continued call of Christ as Our Good Shepherd.

We affirm we are a child of God.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other kinds of support we can offer are.

A listening ear to the concerns of others.

We can show compassion....Jesus being our greatest teacher of this.

We can offer our time to help the marginalised....the outcasts of this world.

We can give hugs and smiles for free....

We can be a witness for God to others telling of the good He has done for us..

We can radiate Christ so people know who we belong to and how bright His light shines.

We can bring Christ into our conversations at every opportunity.

We can speak passages of His word into everyday life..to make Him more real to people who think He is in the past.....He is now!

Shalom Saints by Faith in Yahshua (Jesus) the Messiah."Rejoice in Yah (God) always again I say Rejoice."

This is long post however Yah has laid on my heart to share the gift of giving as a ministry to those in need and being the Receiver of a ministry and how it has affected our family in being the Giver and being the Receiver. HalleluYah, I pray you are encouraged and your faith will be increased in this dynamic question that is being asked here.

What do we receive out of it?

My belief is that when I give I have no expectation of return that is my feelings when I give. The Scripture says, Acts 20:35; "...it is better to give than receive." Revealing to us the blessings

of our giving.

What other ways can we support besides financial?

1. Prayer

2. Spiritual Warfare Prayers

3. Writing letters of encouragement, like Paul did.

4. Supplies, whatever their needs are.

5. Tracts to spread the Evangel

6. Provide Counseling sessions/phone/email for those who are hurting.

7. Selling all and go there to help them physically.

Now to go back to the question, " What do we receive out of the partnetship?"

This is my long post of Scripture verses and how Yah blesses the" GIVER," and RECEIVER." Here are some testimonies in my life what Yah has done on being the Giver and being on the receiving end. I pray this will be a blessing to you as much as seeing the miraculous miracles that Yah gave our eyed to behold.

1. 2nd Cor.9:7, "Everyman according as he purposeth in his heart (so let him give) not grudgingly, or of necessity for Yah loveth a cheerful giver.

Giving end;"In our Prison Ministry, The Household of Faith, (family only) we were blessing indigent inmates 6 with financial support occasionally when funds would permit. We sent them an article on, "Toilet he Art of Giving." Yah laid it upon our heart's to make a request to those we were giving to not take the money for them this month. Yah wanted them to look for the needs of others, whether it be their enemy or friend but supply a need for them. Majority of them came back with how good it was to give and receive gratitude in their giving, others were just blessed to hear or see the surprised look of receiving and not knowing who gave it. It was tucked somewhere for them to find. We had two interesting reports from two inmates.

1. This inmate gave the money to another inmate however the one giving the money was in great need for a radio as his was broken. He said he really wanted to keep the money but out of obedience he gave it to this dividual and said,"He could do whatever he wanted to with it." The individual said, "I want to give it to you so you can get your radio." The inmate said, "You can't do that it's for you." The other inmate says, "Didn't you tell me I could do whatever I wanted to with it?" He replied, "Yes." Then you are going to have to take it then." The inmate looked up to Yah and said,"Thank you Yah."

2. Giving end; Then there was a woman inmate that left the items to those in need in a hiding places for them to find. She also shared the article on the art of giving with her other inmates. She was totally shocked the other inmates did not receive any money from us,, but on their own they all went out and used their own money or items they had to bless someone who didn't have.

What did Yah just do? He multiplied the giving with no money offered but the heart's of the people to give on their own.

Receiving;How did Yah bless us after being obedient to His calling to give to these 6 inmates, 25.00 x 6 $150.00.

Before the prisoner's had received the money order Yah asked us to send we received a new 5ft cubic freezer that week, and the next week received a 1/4 cow for the freezer. The following week we received a love offering of 1,500 for support. In that same week other brethren sent 300.00. Do u see how awesome He is? How He multiplies?

2. Luke 6:38, "Give and it shall be given unto you; good measure,pressed down and shaken together, running over shall men give unto your bossom. For with the same measure that ye meet withal it shall be measured back the you again.

Receiving End; In our Prison Ministry we were writing to an inmate who had a job at the prison. It was not very much but he tithes his money and when the time came he asked Yah who shall he send it to? Yah laid it on his heart to send to the Household of Faith. We had just moved to S.C. to house sit for a friend and did not have job at this point in time. When we received his love offering. (49.00 hard earned money) we had just run out of toilet paper and had very little groceries. When we opened the card and envelope it said, I know what u will do with this give it away or help a prisoner, but I am asking you to keep it for a special dinner for this coming Pentecost and have dinner on me. If Yah tells u to do something different then so be it I understand.

I looked at my husband and said, What are we going to do? He replied, "We are going to leave it right here on the dining room table until Pentecost. Pentecost was a month away. We all looked at each other. We decided to walk to the library we were up in the mountains so it was all down hill. Noah and I started our journey as we did not have a car. Praying as we walked someone would pick us up. It was the fifth car that Yah would provide for us a ride. It was a woman, and she said, Sir if you were by yourself I would not pick you up, but because your wife is with you I will. We thanked her very much. She asked a few questions and then I said, Is there anyone needing any work around here, told her we were new in the area. She said can you do some carpentry work she had the wood. Then she asked if her husband and her could drop by later and talk. She said she wound pick us up on her way back up the mountain. Wow Yah had just provided our ride there and back. Awesome. Before she let us off she said do u have any needs? I thought

Toilet paper, so I told her and she replied, "Well that's a great need."

She picked us up, and dropped us off home with toilet paper and a few groceries. As Ariana and I were walking the dogs she rode past in their car with her husband.We got back to the house and her husband told us their need some yard work, and that would be every week. They left then 15 minutes they were back again, her husband wanted to take us shopping. She told me later that the Holy Spirit told him to buy us two weeks grocery. When we got to the store I asked him how much he was looking at and he said two weeks and don't forget about the dog food. Yah had provided us work every week to get our groceries.:

When we wrote back to the inmate and told him what transpired from his love offering he told us he was struggling in sending us the 49.00 as he had some great needs needs himself but Yah said to send it so he was going to be obedient. He said the next day he received a check twice the amount it covered his need plus. HalleluYah

Wow by his our obedience look how Yah blessed us both. If that doesn't increase

ones Faith...the devil has stolen it.

We walk by Faith not by sight...even today how can we not when He shows up in your life this way.

Last testimony...for you but ours still continues daily.

3. Luke 12:33-34 "Sell that ye have and give alms..."

GIVING, When our ministry was young, in writing to the prisoner's a scripture verse that was continuously on our heart was, "Seek ye first the Kingdom of Yah and His righteousness and all these things will be added unto you."

At times we did not have funds to send out the mail. Yah said when you seek my Kingdom first all thing's will be added unto you. So we thought we feed His flock He will look after our needs. We didn't have any money but as a family we yielded our grocery money and ate popcorn to get the mail out and then asked Yah to provide for our physical food. We sought His Kingdom fed them spiritual food and all these needs will be added unto you. He did the next week we had enough food to feed us for two weeks. We went in Faith believed on His Word that He would do as He said. HalleLuYah

I believe sacrificing self for another's need, Yah will measure back 3 x more as these testimonies prove. Today I do not think twice

about giving when I lack because I know He is faithful to His promises and will

supply all my needs, physically, spiritually, and financially according to His glorious riches in Messiah Yahshua. HalleluYah.

When Yah says,"Prove Me," He wants to increase your Faith and trust Him in all aspects of your life. I pray these testimonies have increased your faith today.

Much love in Messiah

Shalom

FAITH

FAITH

FORSAKING

ALL

I

TAKE

HIM.

We receive spiritual and material blessings out of the partnership. Other kinds of support are offering our services, love and encouragement in spreading the Gospel. We can also support in giving of necessities in order to keep the spreading of the Gospel afloat.

WHAT DO WE RECEIVE IN PARTNERSHIP WITH CHRIST MINISTRY?

(a) We receive both Spiritual and material blessings. In Mathew 10:41,42 We receive a Prophets reward and also a righteous persons reward.

WHAT OTHER SUPPORT MIGHT WE OFFER BEYOND FINANCIAL?

(B) We can offer ourselves in person to assist in the work of the ministry; We can offer prayer, Clothing's, Food substances.

·        share in the eternal reward of that ministry

·        receiving in return spiritual and material blessings

One can also offer prayer, time, encouragement, hospitality.

Q2. (1:6) When we become financial "partners" with a Christian missionary, minister, ministry, or church, what do we receive out of the partnership? What other kinds of support might we offer beyond financial?

When we are financial partners with a missionary we get a spiritual and material blessing, because we have helped support them in the preaching of the gospel. Those saved have been a blessing because we helped the missionary or preacher bring lost souls to the Lord Jesus Christ.

Other types of support we might provide a missionary besides financial is that we pray for them and send them materials they need in their ministry, personal, scriptural and of course clothing. We might also go and visit them and offer our assistance were needed.   

1. I usually, prayerfully consider before supporting some Ministries. Once when I couldn't get peace on the matter I had a dream that night that I was in a shop about to buy a weapon and I couldn't decide.  The price tag on the weapon showed exactly the amount I was debating to sow $57.73, so I approached the counter to pay and I was told the gun comes with a free Government bond. I looked at 2 people who appeared to be my body guards to confirm and they confirmed it was true. I purchased the weapon and left. I woke up and quickly set up the payment for that Ministry. When we become financial partners in a Christian ministry, we get the pleasure of knowing that we are contributing to moving the Kingdom work forward. It means more lives will be touched and reached because of people who give like us. Lives are changed and the Good news is preached in areas that would not been possible without the financial support. Personally I don't concern myself with how the ministry spend the money, God knows the truth, as long as they teach the Gospel. Also the spiritual benefits of sowing into the Kingdom is priceless, there is no better ground to sow than a Ministry that is Christ centred.

2. Other ways to help: praying for the ministry, encouraging others to sow/pray, sending supplies, volunteering our time, make our places available for travelling Ministers etc

Financial partners are helpful for the ministry work of the Pastors and the propagation of the faith, but giving lots of money does not mean one can expect receiving back more blessing from God than those who give less.  One obvious lesson can be found in:

Mark 12:

43  And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury:

44  For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living.

God does not measure the purse but the heart.  Jesus, himself, did not want his disciples to use their apostolic mission as a mean for enriching themselves.  The proof is in the instructions when he sent them out pair by pair:

Luke 10:

3  Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves.

4  Carry neither purse, nor scrip, nor shoes: and salute no man by the way.

5  And into whatsoever house ye enter, first say, Peace be to this house.

6  And if the son of peace be there, your peace shall rest upon it: if not, it shall turn to you again.

7  And in the same house remain, eating and drinking such things as they give: for the labourer is worthy of his hire. Go not from house to house.

Jesus wanted his disciples to put their trust in God’s providence to provide whatever they need for their journey.  The evangelisation of the world is the duty that Christ Jesus wanted the disciples to accomplish, but it can never be a reason for exploiting the generosity of the believers and coveting and enriching the churches as we see in the world today.

Instead of clinging to the principle “the laborer deserves to be paid,” Paul conscientiously chose to preach for free. And that meant, Paul had to work a day job. Fortunately, since Paul was trained by the ancient rabbis who believed in teaching the Torah out of love and not for profit, Paul was skilled in a trade and that trade was tentmaking.

Act 18

1  After these things Paul departed from Athens, and came to Corinth;

2  And found a certain Jew named Aquila, born in Pontus, lately come from Italy, with his wife Priscilla; (because that Claudius had commanded all Jews to depart from Rome:) and came unto them.

3  And because he was of the same craft, he abode with them, and wrought: for by their occupation they were tentmakers.

Paul earned money through manual labor while performing his duty as a “servant of Christ Jesus”, and he wanted all church elders and leaders should follow his living example:

1Th 2:

9  For ye remember, brethren, our labour and travail: for labouring night and day, because we would not be chargeable unto any of you, we preached unto you the gospel of God.

10  Ye are witnesses, and God also, how holily and justly and unblameably we behaved ourselves among you that believe.

2Th 3:

7  For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you;

8  Neither did we eat any man's bread for nought; but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you:

9  Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an example unto you to follow us.

Supporting the mission of the church is not limited in providing financial resource alone.  The partnership of believers can be their participation in charity work, or developing evangelical programs, or organizing Bible study sessions, or simply welcoming new comers and helping them to integrate into the local church community.

When we become "financial" partners, we not only "feel blessed" but we also receive in return, spiritual and material blessings.

We get inspiration from fellow believers and friends as we get strength and peace in our every day struggles with anxiety, physical needs, fears etc. 

Not only should we give financially but also give of our time and service to others.

When you think about it more deeply, the benefits are endless and surpasses the extend of our giving.

When giving financially and time for service, we end up being blessed more than the recipient.

We receive spiritual and material blessings out of the partnership. Other kinds of support are offering our services, love and encouragement in spreading the Gospel. I have peace within my spirit when I I offer my services to the spreading of the Word.

Q2. (1:6) When we become financial "partners" with a Christian missionary,

minister, ministry, or church, what do we receive out of the partnership? 

What other kinds of support might we offer beyond financial?

1. We receive in return spiritual and material blessings.

1. We can give money, love, time assisting in whatever is needed, and do God’s will. We can be a witness for him to help others get saved.

I know that what I receive is the satisfaction of knowing that I have been obedient to His calling and also that I have been a blessing to others.  

I believe that even before financial support, the MOST important support we can offer is prayer.  Lifting the ministry to the Lord and asking Him to bless and protect it.  Then we can offer our time, our assistance, our testimonies.

Q2. (1:6) 

When we become financial "partners" with a Christian missionary, minister, ministry, or church, what do we receive out of the partnership? 

What other kinds of support might we offer beyond financial?

As financial partners we participate in the gospel of Jesus Christ. There is a spiritual unity in the partnership. 

All this is done to spread the gospel and bring salvation to the lost, which results in bringing greater glory to our Heavenly Father.

Besides financial support, this unity will bring greater strength, encouragement, support, comfort, and help to the ministry as well as spiritual and material blessings to all concerned. 

From experience, we also know that we serve our Lord by caring, loving, and praying for others, and that this brings great joy to our hearts. 

Q2. (1:6) When we become financial "partners" with a Christian missionary, minister, ministry, or church, what do we receive out of the partnership? What other kinds of support might we offer beyond financial?

In Matthew 6:20, the Bible tells us to store up our treasures in heaven where no moth or thieves can get to them.  But as for this idea of partnership, it is a two way partnership.  A saying I recently hear from few friends indicated that the more you give, the more you receive.  I do believe that not only financial means we can give to the ministry of God, but sharing the gospel with our lost brothers and sisters and believing in them that they will be sharing the same gospel to others. So when we meet our Lord Christ Jesus, what we sow on earth will be in turn returned to us.

A. We receive spiritual blessings for our partnership.

Apart from offering financial partnership we can pray for our partners or/ and offer ourselves for service in the partnership.

When we become financial "partners" with a Christian missionary, minister, ministry, or church, what do we receive out of the partnership? What other kinds of support might we offer beyond financial?

When we become financial partners with a Christian missionary, minister, ministry or church we receive spiritual and material blessings.  We also are blessed with immense joy and peace which comes with giving as it is said in Gods Word the giver is more blessed than the receiver. 

Other kinds of support we can offer beyond financial support is our time to help in spreading the gospel, or encouragement to the ones doing it.

Q2. (1:6) 

When we become financial "partners" with a Christian missionary, minister, ministry, or church, what do we receive out of the partnership? 

What other kinds of support might we offer beyond financial?

As financial partners we participate in the gospel of Jesus Christ. There is a spiritual unity in the partnership. 

All this is done to spread the gospel and bring salvation to the lost, which results in bringing greater glory to our Heavenly Father.

Besides financial support, this unity will bring greater strength, encouragement, support, comfort, and help to the ministry as well as spiritual and material blessings to all concerned. 

From experience, we also know that we serve our Lord by caring, loving, and praying for others, and that this brings great joy to our hearts. 

The gratitude is in the giving; it is an extension of ourselves and carries us on the journey.  In addition to money, our prayers, support, and mostly the knowledge that we have their backs before, during, and after they return.

When we become financial "partners like the Philippians were remembered with joy and thanksgiving whenever Paul prayed. By helping Paul, they were helping Christ’s cause. We should be willing to be used by God in whatever He wants us to do. When others think about you, God will give you joy. Your acts of kindness lift up others and more blessing from God.

When Paul said that the Philippians were partners in the Good News, he was pointing out their valuable contribution in spreading God’s message. They contributed through their practical help when Paul was in Philippi and through their financial support when he was in prison. As we help our ministers, missionaries, and evangelists through prayer, hospitality, and financial gifts, we become partners with them

I think of this Bible Study of Philippians as becoming  dedicated to both Paul's writings and the Church of Philippe and then to the Ministry of Bible Study.  In this verse I am focusing in the word "Partners".  In the future, when I hear this verse I will be listening and thinking about ways in which I can become more of a "Partner".  This might also include my own monetary contributions to the Church and ways in which I can include others.

Q.2 Financial partners is a two way mutual agreement, one of giving and receiving. they received gift aid and were involved in preaching  the gospel. they also share in the reward of the external ministry. the whole concept of having a servant heart is about serving others and this was how Paul view the ministry God gave him.

some of the financial reward they benefit from was love, money and personal gifts. they received spiritual gift and material blessing. they encouraged each other, so the reward was both spiritual building each other up and giving each other aid through physical material