JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Immediately in Christ's Presence

Q4. (1:23) What do Philippians 1:23 and 2 Corinthians 5:6-8 teach about the state of Christians immediately after death? How does this comfort you? How does this energize you?

Our body dies but our soul starts living with Jesus.

Later, on the last day, we will get a new body.

This means that the fear of 'not to be' is not necessary.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Philippians 1:23 and 2 Corinthians 5:6-8 teach us that immediately after death we are in the presence of the Lord.

It comforts me to know that when I leave this earth and body, I will immediately be in the presence of God. John 14:1-4, is my life verses, because it gives me the assurance and confidence that I will be with God when I die because Jesus is preparing a place for me.

Knowing that when I leave this life and body I will be in the immediate presence of my God and Saviour, Jesus Christ, energizes and give me the encouragement that I need to live my life as a witness for Him.

John 14:1-4

• 2 months later...

<!--quoteo(post=12066:date=Mar 17 2005, 03:01 AM:name=Pastor Ralph)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pastor Ralph @ Mar 17 2005, 03:01 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=12066"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Q4. (1:23) What do Philippians 1:23 and 2 Corinthians 5:6-8 teach about the state of Christians immediately after death? How does this comfort you? How does this energize you?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It's so simple. to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. No waiting!!! I love that.

We have this hope and it should be all we need to give us complete joy regarding death. Death is just a step we all have to take to get to where we have prepared for.

• 9 months later...

Q4. (1:23) What do Philippians 1:23 and 2 Corinthians 5:6-8 teach about the state of Christians immediately after death?

Well I know we will be in Paradise, heaven, with the Lord - because the Cross took Paradise out and brought it up to heaven and we will be there with the saints that went before us and where we will be with the Lord.

How does this comfort you?

It is a great comfort and something my soul longs for.

• 2 months later...

4a)When we die believers will be with our Lord & saviour,benefits a wonderful life in paradise,with a new spiritual body,free from pain, disease &suffering in the presence of God in the heavenly realm with all other believers.

b)It gives me a great hope, peace both for now as now disabled & the future, no fear in dying.

c)In Christ on earth,the Holy Spirit gives me peace &empowers me to serve God now,by showing his love & care for others,bring them to know Christ &receive his peace &forgiveness. He gives me living hope for now whilst waiting for Jesus to return, and I look forward to my eternal home with Christ in the final resurrection when our salvation is received in full. :D

• 7 months later...

Both tell us “to live is Christ and to die is to gain” meaning that we will have eternal life with Jesus after physical death. Knowing that I’m going to be with Jesus in eternity tells me that I don’t have anything to worry about or be afraid of; it makes me feel joy that is unexplainable.

• 1 year later...

Philippians 1:23
Q). What do Philippians 1:23 and 2 Corinthians 5:6-8 teach about the state of Christians immediately after death?
A). Christians are in the immediate presence of the Lord after death.
#
Q). How does this comfort you?
A). It comforts me to know that I will immediately be at home with the Lord when I die.
#
Q). How does this energize you?
A). It energizes me by giving me a strong desire to live according to God's will knowing that I will be with Him immediately when I die.

• 6 months later...

2-4

Paul seems to give 2 options in 2 corinthians 5.6-8. One is to be alive and in the human body or B) to be at home with the Lord. This also seems to be the thread of 1. 23 to 25. To be at home is comfortable it is nice. It is what most want. It is a conclusion then that we, bas Christians are to pass from the earthly body we now pocess to being home with Jesus. Also in acts 7:56 we see Jesus standing at the right hand of God waiting for Stephen. Not sitting but standing, waiting for Stephen as if Stephen was to be met by Jesus at the gates of heaven.

Well, yes. But what God decides is fine.

Perhaps

• 6 months later...

Q4. (1:23) What do Philippians 1:23 and 2 Corinthians 5:6-8 teach about the state of Christians immediately after death? How does this comfort you? How does this energize you?

1.  2 Corinthians 5:8 (KJV) sums it up, “to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. “ 2.  We can be comforted just knowing that one day soon we will be with Christ; which is far better.  3.  This statement energizes me, “For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.”

• 5 months later...

The teaching about the state of Christians immediately after death is that when we depart from this body we will be in heaven immediately. This comforts me greatly because I am coming to the end of this life and know what Paul means that he would prefer to be with Jesus than in this old body.

• 3 weeks later...

Philippians 1:23 says that when we depart from this life, we are immediately in God's presence.  2 Corinthians 5:6-8 says when we are away from our earthly body we are at home with the Lord. There is no in between waiting room.  Even though disease and sickness may be a trying exprience, once we die we will experience God immediately!  Finally!  :)

• 6 months later...

The passages in Philippians and in 2 Corinthians tell us upon death we will be in Christ's presence!  This is a comfort and it energizes me.  I have a handicapped child. He as ask me what happens when you die.  I have always told him you close your eyes here and open them in Heaven.  You open them and see Jesus! This is something great to look forward to!!

• 8 months later...

They teach that Christians are immediately in heaven with Jesus!!

No need to fear death--much better to be at "home" with Jesus!

Let's get on with life!!  It's too short!  Share!  No fear!!! Be fruitful!!

Q4 (Phil1:23) What do Philippians 1:23 and 2 Cor. 5:6-8 teach about the state of Christians immediately after death?

​They teach that to be absent from this body is to be present with Christ.

​I grew up in a church that taught "soul sleep". I remember the first time I heard this in a sermon, and could feel the fear rise in and around me, as the pastor said "you may float around in the universe for thousands of years disembodied, but asleep" 

Not too long after that I became a born again believer, and was thrilled beyond words when I read Paul's words, which dispelled the error of "soul sleep" teaching. It removes all dread or fear of death.

It's a comfort to know that not only will He never leave me for one second while I'm here on earth, but that the moment I close

​my eyes here, I'll walk right into His arms on the other side of the veil without a moment's separation from His presence.

How does this energize you?

It stirs up in me the desire to be with Him there when He calls for me, and has removed the scary speculations of the old teaching. There is nothing to fear....here or there. I can live for Him now, speak for Him now, and am ready to be with Him forever "at that day" and hopefully will be joined by those with whom I've shared the gospel.

(1:23) What do Philippians 1:23 and 2 Corinthians 5:6-8 teach about the state of Christians immediately after death? How does this comfort you? How does this energize you?          

After death, Paul states that one will be with Christ.  Being confident that after death I will be spending eternity with Christ is enough not to fear death.  I am energize to continue being a faith servant knowing that one day I will be with Christ.

A Christian immediately after death is transported into the Lord's presence. 

The comfort is that sense of belonging- I belong to someone and am headed there. That and the fact that ,all that is trouble out here will be no more! 

Am energized, by this reminder, to allow  my heart to focus on What matters and away from this world's unsettling views and happenings that zap my energy with anxiety. 

Energized to let those who don't know His love and not in His embrace to know His reason for dying for them and pray, pray that His Spirit will allow their eyes of faith to open and see Him and His heart for us all. 

A Christian immediately after death is transported into the Lord's presence. 

The comfort is that sense of belonging- I belong to someone and am headed there. That and the fact that ,all that is trouble out here will be no more! 

Am energized, by this reminder, to allow  my heart to focus on What matters and away from this world's unsettling views and happenings that zap my energy with anxiety. 

Energized to let those who don't know His love and not in His embrace to know His reason for dying for them and pray, pray that His Spirit will allow their eyes of faith to open and see Him and His heart for us all. 

This is such a welcome question, because I had two older people asking about how they will rise again if they are not baptized in the Holy Spirit.  The Word of God lets us know in so many places of scripture that we,  who are born again will be in the presence of the Lord at our death.  Unfortunately, I am finding that many people are so unsure about their salvation due to erroneous teaching.

I find great comfort and reassurance in the Word of God that we will definitely be with him.  Of course, that does not mean we neglect truly living for Him, dedicated and committed to Him in every way, because we want to hear Him say, well done, thy good and faithful servant, enter in. 

However, Jesus has paid the price with His blood!  And it is by His grace  and love that has given us this wonderful unending relationship with Him.

Scripture teaches that immediatley after death We as Christians enter into a state of Christ...oneness Withe Father...

This is of immense comfort to know with Concrete certainty that Christ died for our sins once and for all..we were washed clean by His precious blood..This knowledge helps Me be unafraid to die knowing I die to Christ and die loving Him..... Is beautiful....

It energises Me to press on towards the goal which is the upward calling to Christ..as Paul so wonderfully puts it....It keeps Me strong and determined....ready to strengthen others in their call too!

It is far better to depart and be with Christ than to live in this body. This comforts me in knowing how great it will be to live with he Lord forever. It energize me to continue to live right so on that great day I will live with Christ.

There was no doubt in Paul's mind that when we die, we are instantly whisked into the presence of God.

He is anxious to be with the Lord, because he is convinced that he will be in Heaven instantaneously.

Jesus told the thief on the cross beside Him at the time of Crucifixion, that he would be with Him in paradise "today". 

What more security do we need?

Shalom to the Saints by FAITH in Messiah.

Q. 4

When death occurs in completion, time stops because we are no longer bound by it. The state of believers is instant communion with the Savior, or with reaching the Kingdom of Heaven. There we are individually judged by the great Judge. "Well done, thou good and faithful servant," are the words we hear and never again do we leave Yahshuas (Jesus) presence. I am comforted that death is only a passage from mortality to immortality, the proper passage described and prescribed by Scripture. I am energized to focus on Yahs work over and above the things of this world. It is more fulfilling to do what Yah has appointed me than to strive for temporal goals, careers, goods, possessions, etc.

Blessed be the name of Yahweh.

Have a blessed weekend.

Shalom

FAITH

Shalom to the Saints by FAITH in Messiah.

Q. 4

When death occurs in completion, time stops because we are no longer bound by it. The state of believers is instant communion with the Savior, or with reaching the Kingdom of Heaven. There we are individually judged by the great Judge. "Well done, thou good and faithful servant," are the words we hear and never again do we leave Yahshuas (Jesus) presence. I am comforted that death is only a passage from mortality to immortality, the proper passage described and prescribed by Scripture. I am energized to focus on Yahs work over and above the things of this world. It is more fulfilling to do what Yah has appointed me than to strive for temporal goals, careers, goods, possessions, etc.

Blessed be the name of Yahweh.

Have a blessed weekend.

Shalom

FAITH

Q4. (1:23) 

What do Philippians 1:23 and 2 Corinthians 5:6-8 teach about the state of Christians immediately after death? 

How does this energize you?

This comforts me in that there is now no fear of the future, knowing He is in control, and on dying, I will immediately be with Him.

This energizes me to share the Gospel and help all to realize the great free gift of salvation and eternal life awaits all who repent and put their trust in our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.