JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Immediately in Christ's Presence

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When my spirit leaves this old body, I take comfort in knowing that I will be with the Lord, in a better place.

• 3 weeks later...

I BELIEVE IT TEACHES WHEN WE LEAVE THIS BODY (DEATH)WE GO ON TO BE IN THE PRESENCE OF GOD.PAUL SAYS WE GO ON TO SEE JESUS FACE TO FACE.WE LEAVE THIS TROUBLED WORLD AND GO ON TO BE WITH JESUS.THIS DOES CONFORT ME IN KNOWING THERE IS LIFE AFTER DEATH.FOR YEARS I FEARED DEATH.I WOULD PANIC IF I THOUGHT ABOUT IT TO MUCH.NOW I KNOW DIFFRENT.I BELIEVE WE ALL FEAR THE UNKNOWN,TO A CERTAIN DEGREE.AS BELIEVERS WE KNOW WHAT OUR DESTINY IS.THAT WE WILL BE IN THE PRESENCE OF GOD WHEN WE DEPART FROM THIS WORLD.

WHEN MY MOTHER DIED I HAD A DREAM OF HOW MAMA CROSSED OVER.GOD LET ME SEE A PART OF MY MAMA'S HEAVEN.IN MY DREAM I WAS CRAWLING OVER THIS DRY PARCHED LAND,SOMETHING LIKE DESERT.I SAW THESE PILGRIMS OUT IN THE FIELD.THEY WERE WATCHING ME AS I WAS CRAWLING.THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN THESE BEAUTIFUL FLOWERS STARTED BURSTING IN MY FACE,BOOM ! BOOM ! BOOM !.THE MOST BEAUTIFUL FLOWERS I HAD EVER SEEN.THEY WERE FLOWERS NOT OF THIS WORLD. I DIDNT KNOW WHAT IT MEANT UNTIL MAMA PASSED AWAY SUDDENLY A FEW WEEKS LATER.GOD GAVE ME THE SCRIPTURE ISAIAH 45:.WHEN MAMA WAS PUT TO REST WE BURIED HER IN A PLACE CALLED "THE GARDEN OF EVER-LASTING LIFE.I DIDNT KNOW THAT WAS THE NAME OF WHERE WE WERE GOING TO PUT MAMA TILL LATER ON.HER PLOT NUMBER WAS"45". I KNOW THERE IS A HEAVEN WAITING FOR US.WHEN WE GET THERE IT WILL BE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL HEAVENLY SIGHT WE WILL EVER SEE. BEST OF ALL WE WILL SEE JESUS.

• 3 weeks later...
Q4. (1:23) What do Philippians 1:23 and 2 Corinthians 5:6-8 teach about the state of Christians immediately after death? How does this comfort you? How does this energize you?

To Be With Christ! It Is Far Better! It energizes me for I have Life In Christ, and to be with The One Who Died for me in Heaven!wooohoooAbba :D

Philippians 1:23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:

2 Corinthians 5:6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:

2 Corinthians 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

2 Corinthians 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

• 1 month later...
:D Q 4- To depart- Out of Bondage,Flesh, The World. And to be with Christ. In a nearer and fuller Union. It is far better to be with Christ knowing our greatest Happeness lies beyond the Grave.- ETERNITY.- A DEWLLING PLACE, A RESTING PLACE, A HIDING PLACE, in our Fathers House, this really Energizes me. AMEN.

• 2 months later...

AS SOON AS I TAKE MY LAST BREATH HERE ON EARTH,INSTANTLY I WILL BE IN THE PRESENCE OF THE LORD FOR TO BE ABSENT FROM THE BODY IS TO BE PRESENT WITH HIM. WHAT AN AWESOME DAY.SOME DAYS I CANT DECIDE IF I WANT TO STAY HERE ANY LONGER OR GO BE WITH THE LORD.FOR TO LIVE IS CHRIST BUT TO DIE IS GAIN, LIKE PAUL SAID.

I AM COMFORTED BY THES SCRIPTURES BECAUSE DEATH HAS LOST ITS STING.I AM NO LONGER TORMENTED BY FEAR OF DYING BUT MY FOCUS IS ON LIVING ONE DAY AT A TIME FOR JESUS.

IT ENERGIZES ME TO KEEP ON DOING HIS WILL AND SHARING HIM WITH OTHERS. I'M SO THANKFUL THAT I HAVE A BLESSED ASSURANCE THAT I WILL BEHOLD HIS FACE AND BE LIKE HIM ONE DAY SOON....GOD BLESS...

• 9 months later...

Based upon these writings in Phil. and Cor. it would seem that we go straight to heaven (or hell) upon our demise. It is comforting to know that we will not be in a suspended state somewhere until we are called home. Our reward is instant and that is gratifying. In terms of energizing me I have cause to be earnest in my desire to succeed as the goal is somewhat more short term, being at the very end of this life. At the same time, Paul writes later on in Phil. (2:12) to work out my own salvation with fear and trembling, a reminder that there is no guarantee, as scarcely shall the righteous be saved (1 Peter 4:18). PROCEED WITH CAUTION!

• 1 month later...

Q4. (1:23) What do Philippians 1:23 and 2 Corinthians 5:6-8 teach about the state of Christians immediately after death? How does this comfort you? How does this energize you?

To know that the next thing i will see when I die is Jesus is of a great comfort! "In a twinkling of an eye!" I always think of 2 Timothy 4:8 "in the future there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award me on that day; and not only me, but also to all who have loved His appearing." (NASB) People often are scared of death, because they think of being buried underground fighting somehow to get out. That is why death is referred to as a "sleep" so often. No time lapse in our minds, we die and our next thought is when we see Jesus. No fear!

• 5 months later...

These passages comfort me so much because I more than anything want to be in the very presence of my Lord but I can't be the one to choose the time and place for that is not my choice. I will spread more of Christ if I stay here so I feel comfort in knowing I am in his will.

• 3 months later...

Immediately after death I can look forward to being in the presence of the Lord, but will I be judged? Is there a hell? I believe that there is. I have always taken comfort while being in the presence of the Lord, he brings me great joy.

• 2 months later...

we are with the lord so quick that we never lose a step or breath or could even bat an eye. it is very reassuring of his love for us.

Q4. (1:23) What do Philippians 1:23 and 2 Corinthians 5:6-8 teach about the state of Christians immediately after death?

Philippians 1:23 says that after death we are immediately with Christ and 2 Corinthians 5:6-8 says that when we are absent from the body we will be present with the Lord.

How does this comfort you?

It comforts me because I need not fear death. I know I will be with my Savior when I depart this world.

How does this energize you?

It gives me confidence in knowing that I am a winner in life and will be a winner absent from this body.

• 1 month later...

To be absent from the body is to be present with Jesus Christ. This comforts me in that I have certainty of my distination beyond this earthly life. This thought energizes me in that it causes me to become more excited about my call and work for the Kingdom of God.

• 6 months later...

It's so simple. to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. No waiting!!! I love that.

We have this hope and it should be all we need to give us complete joy regarding death. Death is just a step we all have to take to get to where we have prepared for.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

A live in the body or in the immediate present of the Lord, there is no intermediate state in heaven in the present of the Lord or on earth in the body . "To live for Christ is gain, but to die in Christ is ever lasting life in His present for ever.

We are to live for Christ in the body or out of the body as we look to Christ His Holy Spirit is with us, we live by faith and not by sight. Iam comfort in knowing that as long as Iam in the body my faith in God will keep me in close relationship with Him as long as I keep my mind stayed on Jesus and out of the body in God present immediately no waiting praise the Lord!!!, praise God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. Hal-le-lu-jah!!!

• 6 months later...

Q4. (1:23) What do Philippians 1:23 and 2 Corinthians 5:6-8 teach about the state of Christians immediately after death?

These verses teach that when we leave this body we enter into the presence of Christ immediately. We left a "soul sleep" church which taught, as one of the main leaders said "You die and may float around in space for a million years waiting for the resurrection". I'd learned these verses and knew this was in error and could not abide the false teaching.

Jesus said "I will never leave you nor forsake you, no not ever! To believe in soul sleep would contradict Jesus' promise.....He told the repentant thief on the cross that "TODAY you shall be with me in Paradise"....not "in a million years when you wake up from the dead sleep". It comforts me because I lived for 30 years without knowing Jesus. Now that I've felt His presence and experienced His love and forgiveness, I don't want to be separated from Him for even 5 minutes. I can't live without Him. Also, it comforts me to know that my Dad who lived a heinous tortured life here, is rejoicing with jesus NOW!

I takes the dread and sting out of death. He won't even leave me in the death process, but will usher me into Heaven at my last breath. I can live here freely by His Spirit, and when my destiny here has been fulfilled, we will continue on into Eternity together. It gives me "wings" to live in the now!

• 1 month later...

When we leave these bodies, we are immediately at home with the Lord in Heaven. It is a great comfort to me, a relief that I will finally be home, that I HAVE a real home - finally. It gives me purpose in this life, a reason for all that I do, and a motivation to do what is of lasting value. I want to go to Heaven having been a faithful steward over what God gave me - my children, my work, etc...

These verses teach that when we leave this body we enter into the presence of Christ immediately. We left a "soul sleep" church which taught, as one of the main leaders said "You die and may float around in space for a million years waiting for the resurrection". I'd learned these verses and knew this was in error and could not abide the false teaching.

Jesus said "I will never leave you nor forsake you, no not ever! To believe in soul sleep would contradict Jesus' promise.....He told the repentant thief on the cross that "TODAY you shall be with me in Paradise"....not "in a million years when you wake up from the dead sleep". It comforts me because I lived for 30 years without knowing Jesus. Now that I've felt His presence and experienced His love and forgiveness, I don't want to be separated from Him for even 5 minutes. I can't live without Him. Also, it comforts me to know that my Dad who lived a heinous tortured life here, is rejoicing with jesus NOW!

I takes the dread and sting out of death. He won't even leave me in the death process, but will usher me into Heaven at my last breath. I can live here freely by His Spirit, and when my destiny here has been fulfilled, we will continue on into Eternity together. It gives me "wings" to live in the now!

JanMary, I forgot to mention that... about taking the sting out of death. I am glad you mentioned it. I have been sorrowing for the people who lost their lives on the Air France flight over the Atlantic and wondered if they suffered terribly and if they were ushered into Heaven, too. Only God knows HOW we will be ushered into Heaven, but I guess if it has to be something terrible like a plane crash, ... is it possible that even WE Christians could have 'peace' in the midst of crashing... at least the peace of knowing that this horror will last only a milisecond in time and that we will soon be with Christ? I hope we would remember our faith and remember the promises of Christ at such a time. Do you think YOU would? I can only HOPE that I would - strong as my faith is. I still pray for those people and hope they made it to Heaven and I think of their families.

Those 2 scriptures say to me that the very second I die, I am in Jesus' arms. That is a comfort to me because I was brought up in a religion that believes in purgatory... I haven't believed in it for over 30 years, since I really began my relationship with the Lord and started reading the bible. I can't imagine how hard it is for people who don't know where they are going when they die. It energizes me because it makes me want to bring lots of people with me. It makes me want to let others know the TRUTH.

• 4 weeks later...

Q4. (1:23)

What do Philippians 1:23 and 2 Corinthians 5:6-8 teach about the state of Christians immediately after death?

I think Paul did not believe in any theory of soul-sleep, but rather that we as Christian go to be with Christ at the time of our death and that we are immediately in the presence of our Lord. In 2 Corinthians 5:6-8 he mentions that we as Christian can be in one of 3 forms or states. There is the present life on earth in this mortal body. Then there is the state between death and the coming of Christ, a bodiless (disembodied) state, but one in which the spirit and soul are consciously enjoying Christ's presence. Finally, the state when we receive our glorified bodies at the coming again of the Lord Jesus. This is of tremendous comfort; we don

• 4 months later...

What do Philippians 1:23 and 2 Corinthians 5:6-8 teach about the state of Christians immediately after death?

Verse 23 indicates that Paul believes he is either alive in his body or in the immediate presence of the Lord. There is no intermediate state.

I should not fear death as I will be with Christ.

"To live is Christ, to die is gain".

• 3 months later...

For the Christian being absent from the body is to be present with the Lord - after death the Christian is immediately in the presence of the Lord. . .

Knowing this it removes all fear from physical death and as with the Apostle Paul it has a way of bring joy into our lives. . .Romans 8:18-28 (NASB)

18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.

19 For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God.

20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope

21 that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God.

22 For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.

23 And not only this, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body.

24 For in hope we have been saved, but hope that is seen is not hope; for who hopes for what he already sees?

25 But if we hope for what we do not see, with perseverance we wait eagerly for it.

26 In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words;

27 and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.

28 And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

B)