JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Kingdom and Will

when we pray for kingdom to come we are praying that the Lord will come quickly and return to earth. He is then going to reign forever and ever.

we can have heaven down here on earth and we want His will to be done because it is the right way of living and we have a better life then. it is how we know we are right with God then.

we should pray what Grahm Cooke calls a crafted prayer. It is asking for God's best and His will that provides the best for us. It is in line with what He has for us and then we experience the peace and the best way of life. how happy we are then

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have to submit ourselves to Gods will.

It's not about what we want but about what He wants (1 John 5:14-15).

It's also a wish that the church of Christ will grow.

We have to oppose Satan's kingdom.

We pray that His kingdom will become of full glory.

That will be when He comes back to earth to finish.

When there is no more opposition and everybody is in Him.

• 2 weeks later...

We are asking for the Fathers Kingdom to come bacausethe Bible tells us that when Jesus returns there will eventually be peace over the whole earth and it will show Gods Glory.

For the Fathers will to be done on earth each person would need to know Him , the joy love and peace would be shared with all mankind

The prayer should affect our living in that we should try to love God and his purpose with the world more than we love ourselves, (not easy) serving others, working towards that glorious day.

May the Lord help us through our Saviour Jesus, amen

Q2. In what sense are we asking that the Father's kingdom should come? Why are we asking for the Father's will to be done here on earth? How should this prayer affect our living?

I think when we are living in a world that really isn't ours. We reside here, but our true world is in heaven. For as long as we are here, we might as well live like we would in heaven. The more we are in communion with God, the more His purpose, His Kingdom is revealed. Through prayer we can understand what is expected of us. God doesn't want us to barely survive, he wants us to succeed and to live abundantly. Building his kingdom is our goal, leading people to Jesus is our mission. Each time we pray, we are asking for God's intervention in our lives. We ask Him to help us. And when we listen, we are asking for his kingdom to come, His power to work in our lives to accomplish our goals according to His Will.

Closer we can get to God now, on earth, the better our life in heaven! We need to submit to His will, in order to truly know Him. We are bounded by what defines us here on earth. We can expect the same type of life in heaven. When we pray for His will over ours, we are giving Him the authority to rule our lives. We give all our issues, joy, pride, love, problems, etc... We give everything to Him in order for Him to establish us in His Kingdom.

Praying for His will, His control over our hearts (the control center), we are giving Him permission to correct us. We allow Him to touch our Hearts and minds to renew our thinking, to better our attitudes. Things that are hard for us become easy. Things that hurt us, don't bother us. We are able to utilize His grace, His peace. We accept that this is not our world, but one of corruption. Praying for His Kingdom to come means that we will no longer tolerate this kind of life, that we deserve better, because of what Jesus did for us, we are qualified for the Kingdom of Heaven. Why shouldn't we receive it now, or at least try to obtain a bit of it in this life? We acknowledge that Jesus is coming, and we will be judged for what we did to obtain or what we did to receive the Kingdom of Heaven.

• 2 months later...

When we ask "Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth, I believe we are in effect requesting the kingdom of heaven to be here on earth, that all Christians become true representatives of God's kingdom in heaven. To seek God's will to be done is putting away all of our selfishness and self-centeredness and relying completely and totally on God knowing and believing that HIS will is best for us. If when we pray this with all sincerity of heart when then begin to walk this way as Jesus walked in all holiness and Godliness.

Q2. In what sense are we asking that the Father's kingdom should come? Why are we asking for the Father's will to be done here on earth? How should this prayer affect our living?

When we ask jesus to be lord of our lives, we become member of kingdom of heaven, it starts now, is ever abiding presence in our hearts. in a glorious sense we look for the second coming of christ.

We know that if his will is complete here on earth there will be no more sin, sickness will be absent, all will be well.

our living should have a kingdom focus,with Godly living, obedience to his word, care for others as he has cared for us, enabling the poor, giving relief and assisting those sick & in need. pursuing justice, and telling people about the love of jesus. :)

• 1 month later...

In what sense are we asking that the Father's kingdom should come? We are asking Him to quicken the Return of Jesus and that we as His Children we want to be with our "Daddy".

Why are we asking for the Father's will to be done here on earth? In our prayers we are in the habit of asking God for what we think should happen not what is God's Will for us. We forget that and so we should always ask for His will should be done.

How should this prayer affect our living?

We should ask for God's will in all things we ask and not for what we think the outcome should be. Otherwise we will be disappointed in the outcome and think that God doesn't answer our prayers.

• 3 weeks later...

Gods will is good good pleasing ang perfect and so we ask him daily to make it a reality in this life. Whatever we declare will

be manifested in the physical world.

abiding by his will for my life gives more meaning to my purpose- which is to give glory to

him all the days of my life

We ask for His kingdom to come because we know that Christ will come again to rule on Earth. We ask for the Father's will to be done because He knows what we need and shall provide for His children. We should pray for God's blessing and for what He knows that we need. Too many times we are selfish and lose sight of what we need and ask instead for what we want.

• 4 weeks later...

Q2.

In what sense are we asking that the Father's kingdom should come?

Why are we asking for the Father's will to be done here on earth?

How should this prayer affect our living?

We are asking that our Lord Jesus Christ, please come and set up His kingdom here on earth and reign in righteousness. We also ask that our Heavenly Father

• 1 month later...

When we pray for the Father's kingdom to come, we are praying for his kingdom and its fullness, power and glory to be revealed in us and to everyone on earth. People will acknowledge Him as Lord and Savior, we will see miracles taking place, many will be set free from their prisons and walls will be broken down.

When we pray for the Father's will to be done, we are praying that God will answer our prayers according to His will and in His time. Most of us want God to answer our prayers according to our own selfish agenda. When we pray for God's will to be done, our trust and faith in God will grow. We will learn to surrender to God our selfish desires and accept that even though he does not answer our prayers our way, His way is the best for us.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We are asking that the "Father's Kingdom should come" in the sense that we pray for the reign of Jesus here on earth be the same as that in Heaven. We are petitioning for God's will to be manifest here and now. In a sense we are ushering in the Second Coming of Jesus. This should affect our way of life in that we should be ever mindful of the return of Jesus, having our lamps lit and ready. This should be reflected in our priorities and our values.

• 2 months later...

I often think of the Dao De Ching, "If heaven were whole, it would rend". The idea of Dao is that perfection is, what is. But this an observation of earth and heaven that is ignorant of God's designs. Similarly, the Muslim idea is that every animal and plant, every incarnation besides Man is a natural "muslim" because they all abide in God's will. Man, before the dawn of creation, asked for freewill inorder to bring more glory to God in the final submission. Alas, this too is ignorant of the whole design. The Bible informs us that "Ego/Pride" and "Freewill" are details in the problem sin and the full reality of Christ's suffering for our sin. I'm just getting to know the Bible but this is what fascinates me. If I'm way off, please instruct me.

Hi, you are very open minded in trying to understand the Bible. I pray that more people will do what you're doing.

However, I'm not sure what you mean by "Man, before the dawn of creation, asked for freewill inorder to bring more glory to God in the final submission. Alas, this too is ignorant of the whole design. The Bible informs us that "Ego/Pride" and "Freewill" are details in the problem sin and the full reality of Christ's suffering for our sin."

God was the one who gave us a freewill, that is by design, so that we are not robotic beings, but loves God by our choice, with our whole being (even though there is a chance that we will choose to turn away from him). This is what blows my mind.

We are asking that the "Father's Kingdom should come" in the sense that we pray for the reign of Jesus here on earth be the same as that in Heaven. We are petitioning for God's will to be manifest here and now. In a sense we are ushering in the Second Coming of Jesus. This should affect our way of life in that we should be ever mindful of the return of Jesus, having our lamps lit and ready. This should be reflected in our priorities and our values.

I agree completely. This is the reason why we should align our will with His will.

• 3 weeks later...

WE ARE ASKING IN THE SPIRITUAL SENSE. WE ARE ASKING THE FATHER WILL TO BE DONE ON EARTH SO IT WILL BE MANIFESTED IN OUR LIVES. SO WE CAN LIVE A GOD FULFILLING LIFE.

• 2 weeks later...

Q2.1 In what sense are we asking that the Father's kingdom should come?

We are asking God to manifest the power and glory of his kingdom in the world and in us. We are praying for the return of Jesus Christ to this earth as our king.

Q2.2 Why are we asking for the Father's will to be done here on earth?

Because the world as it is now is sinful and He knows what is best for us.

Q2.3 How should this prayer affect our living?

We (I) should always conform ourselves to God's Will as revealed in the Bible and not impose on Him our petty desires and our selfishness

• 1 month later...

When I ask for the father's kingdom to come I'm asking for His presence to be manifested, I'm asking for His power and glory not just for me but for those around me that need His presence in their lives and in doing this I know that my situation as well as theirs is bound to change and the reason I know this is because Jesus is the king of kings "John procraimed it (Matthew 3:2) He knew the King was before him" we are also told to seek the kingdom first( Matthew 6:33)because in doing so the will of the Father will be done on earth as in heaven where there is freedom,peace,health,love and we will lack nothing. This prayer affects our living in that it give us hope of the fulness there shall be in te near future.

• 2 weeks later...

Many times when Jesus spoke in parables, he open the parable by saying "The Kingdom of God or the Kingdom of Heaven is like". The parables talks a lot of different life application topics and most revelations are in secret. The Kingdom of Heaven is a way how God operates. The Kingdom of God is a principle that our Heavenly Father wants to come into hearts while still on earth. Our Father wants us to seek and pray so that the revelation may come upon us. Our Heavenly Father wants our mind renewed and transformed here on earth according on the heavenly Kingdom principle for He prepare us for eternity while we're still on earth.

We ask God's will be done in our life because we acknowledge that HE created us and He created us according to His good pleasure. And we trust that His good pleasure is the best for us.

This prayer affect our living because we learn to submit and be obedient to Him. As we develop our minds and hearts to accept His perfect for us, we grow in patience and trusting that His plan for us will prevail in the end.

• 3 weeks later...

"your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven"

We ask in both senses -- that the final kingdom come; and that His kingdom grow on the earth right now.

We yearn for the final kingdom and the time when His will is no longer clouded by sin of this world.

And we promote His kingdom here and now and praise him for every way that His will is manifest within the visible world today.

This affects our living in that we continue to look beyond this world, and yet work within it for the growth of the kingdom.

• 1 month later...

We are asking God to manifest the power and glory of His kingdom in us and throughout our world. We are praying that Christ might reign over all. We are also asking the Father to hasten the return of Jesus Christ to this earth.

May Your Will Be Done on Earth is also a condition for prayer i.e. that all our prayers conform first to God's will. to determine God's will and pray along those lines. Prayer for disciples is not to be selfish prayer, but prayer in tune with and guided by God's will.

As Christians we have a duty to pray for others. While there is nothing wrong in praying for our own needs and circumstances, there is also a necessity to pray for others as Jesus is at the right hand of God interceding for us day and night.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Q2 In what sense are we asking the fathers kingdom should come. When we become children of God we should grow in one accord with our Heavely Father. It's like going home where you know you are loved, due to the fact God knows best for each one of His children and when we pray your Kingdom come we are showing we believe and have the God-given knowledge that God's will blesses us more than our wants.

Why ask the father's will to be done. Because Jesus, our brother, friend, Lord and Saviour reminds us to do so and when we trust God with all our heart, we listen to what He says and we obey by practicing what he instructs us to do through His word. God's kingdom is the solid rock and the only one that can help us withstand the storm of life.God's way/will is the only way. I learned to embrace it a long time ago. I'm learning daily, my two legged temple is continually under the construction of God's hand.

How should this enhance our lives? Like I told my grandchild once "bland food needs salt. Not too much." God's intention I believe for me is to be like life-enhancing salt adding flavor to those I meet along the way and preserving what is good. One must have sodium to live. I know has a human I may add to much salt to a situation or not enough, but when I let God salt my life it is just right. And when we submit to the will of God in our life is when we begin to reflect His image and give off a most enhancing ray of light that other children of God can recognize.We are suppose to have deep respect for all people and even love our enemies.When I see this in others I give praise to God. So then we are blessed when we are concerned about the Kingdom of God and with what God requires of us.