JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Kingdom and Will

When we ask thy kingdom come we are asking for power from the Holy spirit to lead and guide us into the Father's Kingdom way. That we would be like Jesus and do His will while here on earth.

We should ask for God's will because He knows best.

This prayer should make us more aware of how we are living. That we should acknowledge Him in all our ways.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our attitude, or sense we ask the Father to bring HIS kingdom to us could be many things. Rather than becoming routine or complacent, I hope that I approach this request to be expectant of our Father revealing HIMSELF to me, in HIS way, knowing all about me and how I should see HIM at this time to know what aspect of HIS character to worship.To ask for the Fathers will to be done on earth is to place HIM in honorable authority over me, and in humility I then ask to only be in HIS will rather than mine if it is out of HIS will. Speaking in general terms is asking for HIM to take the victory over the struggles of this world, but also being willing, as JESUS was, to struggle and endure misery to be obedient to the Fathers will. When we pray continually, this allows us to live in submission rather than struggling to know the will of the Father, we will have communion and peace in all we do. We live in HIS will and bring honor and glory to HIM, not ourselves. Trusting the HOLY SPIRIT to lead us makes all things work together for those who trust in the LORD, to bring HIM GLORY. Daily living is clearly a bright light to a dark world, bringing encouragement and hope because of the REDEEMERS grace and mercy. The effect of this prayer is peace, not necessarily pain free, but worry free.

:rolleyes:

I think that we are asking for Him to come and deliver us from this world. He has promised us that He will return and we are asking Him to hurry up.

There is so much work for the Father to do here on this earth, salvation, reconciliation etc. We are asking that His work be done in His time, in His will. The problem is that "we want it NOW!" His will should be our first priority. We are asking that His will to be done here on earth as it is in Heaven so that we may meet Him in Heaven as soon as we can. Everything will be done in His time and we need to be patient.

This part of the prayer teaches us that we need to ba a more patient people. "Thy will be done" is giving it up to God and letting Him take care of all the details, even though inside we are dying for Him to finish it now. We should not be selfish. Not only are we asking for Him to do His will but we are to start doing His will in our own lives. If we don't do the things that He asking for us to do, why should He do anything in our lives?

TRUST IN THE LORD WITH ALL OF YOUR HEART

To be in His presence in Heaven as soon as possible.

We ask for the Father's will to be done here on earth because His will is perfect, and to always want foremost what He wants, and be ready to conform to those things.

This prayer should affect our living by us realizing the Father's will, and the Father's kingdom should be our every aspiration; would it not be wonderful for the whole world to want the Father's will to be done here on earth?

After we shower the LORD in praises to HIS HOLY NAME...then we agree with HIM that His kingdom is here inside us already....I ask my ABBA for the priviledge once again that day of 'being the kingdom' to the lost which Jesus places in my path for the day. The LOST, the SEARCHING, and HURTING people are WHY I am still here on earth and why the KINGDOM has not yet been set ... my mission each day to ASK, SEEK and LOOK for those that need the LORD..

The Father's Will MUST be done here! His grace must lead all to faith ...all that will say YES...

We will live not for our own FEELINGS and OWN WANTS...because they are NOT the WILL of the KINGDOM...so to live for me is a WASTE...but to LIVE INSIDE the LORD's WILL each day and ask for the death of our own selves will effect your mind, body and soul and it will be a praise and sacrifice unto HIM who is WORTHY!!!!

Q2. In what sense are we asking that the Father's kingdom should come? Why are we asking for the Father's will to be done here on earth? How should this prayer affect our living?

"Thy Kingdom come on earth as it is in Heaven" - means that we shall find refuge in the Lord and the Lord shall find His home within our hearts as well. This is that we no longer live of this world, we walk in faith as His kingdom is on earth as it is in Heaven, for all things are made new in Him. We pray that we are sanctified and purified in the blood of the Lamb and therefore made worthy. Our prayers build relationship and faith - this is our daily bread - He provides for us! We forgive and ask for forgiveness daily - this is the character of God and of Christ our Lord. Deliverance is an act of surrender where we open ourselves to receive what the Lord has to give us personally.

We are not partakers of temptations of the flesh - but God will be there for us through all trials and tribulations. He is faithful and steadfast, and this we should also foster in our own lives.

We are called to walk out our faith by fostering the same characteristics of God and Jeus in our selves.

We forsake our own will when we take the Fathers. Many people who call themsevles Christians pray to the Father for their own will to be done, rather than the will of the Father simply because they do not know the will of the Father. You must know the will of the Father to pray for the will of Father, lest you pray in witchcraft which is what you do when you pray your own will rather than the will of the Father.

In what sense are we asking that the Father's kingdom should come? We are to pray with God's Kingdom foremost and predominant in our minds that it will be done on earth as it is in heaven and that it be done soon.

Why are we asking for the Father's will to be done here on earth?

Because what it pleasing to the Father would be His desire for us and that it be manifested here on earth for His glory.

How should this prayer affect our living? God reveals himself and His desires through prayer and His glory is manifested through His children and the way they live and conduct their lives.

Hi

When we ask "thy kingdom come" we are asking for God to reign in our hearts so that we will reflect God's Glory to those around us. As god's will is demonstrated by the way we live others will ask for the reason for the hope that is in us (see 1Peter3:15). Our lives should reflect God's Glory and we should live lives of obediance and faithfulness.

Jeff

Q2. In what sense are we asking that the Father's kingdom should come? Why are we asking for the Father's will to be done here on earth? How should this prayer affect our living?

When we pray and ask that the Father's Kingdom come we are identifying with the Father.and His Kingdom.We know that when the Kingdom of God comes Christ will be the King and we will have have all that He can give us.The Kingdom of God will come in its totality when Jesus returns to the earth with the saints but it starts when the Kingdom of God comes now into the hearts of those wh make Jesus Lord and Saviour.

We ask for Gods will to be done on earth because we know that His will is perfect.and we are here fullfilling HIs purposes

In the times that we live we should look forward to His coming and live lives worthy of His calling.

Daily prayer helps me to focus on living my life according to Gods will and not mine!! Through service to others I have learned that I can only move closer to God as I move farther away form myself. Is is through everything that we say and do that makes Gods kingdom all he wants it to be. Remember that it is also our responsibility to invite others to share in feast that God has invited us to..and how wonderful it is that eventhough as sinners still here on earth that he gives ua a small tast of what is to come!! Praise Gods for he is Mighty!!

When we say, " Thy kingdom come, we are asking God to be first in our lives, manifesting His power and glory.

God, our Father knows what is best for us and He has thoughts for our good and our saying, Father, your will be done, we are submitting our will into His will.

His will should be done in every area of our everyday life, even to the smallest things. We could be more of a blessing to people and God if we would only take time and ask, God what is your will in this? We need to use it buying homes, cars and even our marriages. God is interested in all of our lives and wants to be the director of them if we would only permit Him.

• 2 weeks later...

In what sense are we asking that the Father's kingdom should come?

We are asking God to manifest the glory and power of His kingdom in us, and thruout the world. We are also prayer for the return of Jesus to this earth. :D

Why are we asking for the Father's will to be done here on earth?

By praying 'thy will be done', we are allowing God to answer our prayers in His way, not the way we want them to be answered. :)

How should this prayer affect our living?

Our prayers shouldn't be self centered, for material possessions or personal wants only.

We need to focus on bringing the unsaved into the kingdom of God. ;)

We are acknowledging that God has created man and this universe for His glory and worship. However when sin entered, we and all this earth got seperated from the reinship of the almighty God. God in his infinite wisdom fulfilled a great restoration plan to reconcile us into His kingdom, through Jesus Christ. We are only further appealing to God to use each one of us mightily in this process, according to His will. By professing "let God's kingdom come on this earth", it becomes our responsibilty with the help of Holy Spirit, to spread this good news to everybody. As such we surrender ourselves as willing instruments of Jesus Christ, by the life we live and spread His light to others.

• 2 weeks later...

We are asking the Father to bring in his kingdom with power and with all glory over us and over this world.We are crying out "Father, may your righteousness be established and be the benchmark here and now"

We want the Father's will to be done because his will is infinitely better than ours. God designed everything and the best person to run the universe is God himself. nobody can do a better job. moreover, the Father's kingdom is based on love and oneness.

We are ambassador's of Christ. we are citizens of heaven. hence we must live upright. our walk of faith must reflect heaven's glory. we must start operating on kingdom principles.

:P We are asking that the Father's kingdom should come when we do ask Him to reign and have a full control of our lives, trusting and believing that this is what should be the reality if only sin has not entered in the garden and man did not fall short of the glory of God.

We are asking for the Father's will to be done on earth (because something is already settled there in heaven, that's why we say... as it is in heaven), when we ask Him to let His glory and power be manifested in our midst. Adding your word from the lesson: "When we pray, "Your kingdom come," we are asking God to manifest the power and glory of his kingdom in us, and throughout our world. What a prayer! We are praying that Christ might reign over all. We are also asking the Father to hasten the return of Jesus Christ to this earth. Amen!"

We should look forward to this time with expectancy as we pray to the Father to hasten the return of our Lord Yehoshua Ha Mashiach to the earth, our hope of glory!

• 2 weeks later...

We are asking for God's rule to be established right now and in the Age to Come. We're asking God to bless us abundantly right now!! God's plan from the beginning was for us to be enriched and have a prosperous life, all through our lives here on earth. V. 33 says "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all things will be granted unto you". We are not to live in uncertainty, we have hope for a blessed life right now in Christ Jesus. I thank God for each day and then I submit it back to Him so that His good and perfect will can be done. If I try to operate in my will I mess up, big time. We are asking for international evangelism and for God's reign now and forevermore. Let me add, in praying "thy will be done" we aren't expecting Him to bless our mess, every good and perfect gift comes from the Lord.

We are asking that all should be saved in a sense because if everyone believed and obeyed God's will, His kingdom would be here, in a sense and as you stated, it will be here fully upon Jesus' second coming. We ask that God's will be done - to intervene in all worldly affairs. It also means that His will be done in our lives also. IF we obey Him by living according to His will, we honor Him and He works His intervention through us. We are allowing ourselves to be used a gold vessel for His purposes.

When we ask the Father for His kingdom to come we're looking for what He orriganally planned.A kingdom where we can worship Him without the interferance of satin and sin.

We ask for His will to be done because it is the true and only way, and because he knows what is best for all the world.

This prayer should affect our living by us living as if Jesus was coming back today wiyh love.

Along with the final Kingdom's arrival, I think we are asking for His Will (which is part of his kingdom) to be shown us each day so that we can discern where He IS working and join Him. Did not Jesus say that he did the works he saw the Father doing?

In simple words, we need to be found in the path where He is walking, and where His Spirit is moving.

J.

• 2 weeks later...

We are asking for gods kingdom to come because we want to be with our father and Jesus in heaven and not here on earth with all the bad things that are happening.

We ask for the fathers will to be done here on earth because we would like the bad things to stop and people to be more christ like.

This prayer should be how every christian should live their life everyday.

Thy kingdom come....I want Gods kingdom to come upon me and pour it's self on me...I want his kingdom to be present in all things that i do and in every aspect of my life..And i want to always to his will. And when i ask for this i am asking for his will to be revealed to me. That i will see it clearly. That i won't bawk or be confused as to what he wants me to do.. This prayer effects my life in the way that i surrender my life and my will to him, allowing God to work in my life, to better further his kingdom.