JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Daily Bread

Q3. Why do we seek to be independent of asking anyone for help? Why do we seek to be independent of God? Why should we ask God to "give" us daily bread so long as we can earn a living for ourselves?

I believe it is human nature for people to want to accomplish things on their own. There's a sense of pride that comes over people when they don't need to depend on others to get things done. Unfortunately, this attitude permeates our daily life. I think we seek to be independent of God because sometimes we don't want to be reminded just how helpless we are. When faced with adversity, we begin to see that we are indeed helpless and that God is the only One Who can help us. But asking God to "give us our daily bread" though we can earn a living for ourselves allows to remember that jobs come and go. Good health comes and goes. But it is God Who remains constant and is willing to guide us if we'll trust Him.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do we seek to be independent of asking anyone for help? Independence is a skill that we are often taught from childhood. We have learned it as a good skill to possess. I am personally glad that our educational systems are promoting cooperative learning and team approaches today. This could make a difference in our attitudes toward independence.

Why do we seek to be independent of God? I don't believe that we fully understand that He wants us to ask Him daily for our needs, especially when it appears that we are experiencing prosperity. I've heard the phrase, "Here I am Again God" as if He may become tired of hearing a request. That's why Bible Study is so important!

Why should we ask God to "give" us daily bread so long as we can earn a living ourselves? God is our provider........We do not earn a living by ourselves. "Without Him we can not do anything!"

[Asking for help in many cultures is a great sign of weakness, a show that we cannot provide for ourselves-but wether it be a relationship with a spouse of God, when we learn to rely on each other, that is only when a relationship can begin. My sons football coach always tells the boys that ther is no "i" in the word team, it takes everyone to win the game. The simple fact is, is that no matter how much we would like to believe that we are in control, we are not -if it would be Gods, will we would not have woken up this morning or to realize that there is nothing that we have that we could not loose in a moments time wether it be to natural disaster, divorse or loss of a job. We need to leard to take all that we have and give them back to God-then whatever he allows us to keep is gift from Him and we need to be very thankful!! Thanks be to God that he is such a wonderful, generous and careing God

Why do we seek to be independent of asking anyone for help? Why do we seek to be independent of God? Why should we ask God to "give" us daily bread so long as we can earn a living for ourselves?

We don't like the feeling of inadequacy that asking for help from someonelse can give us. Or perhaps rejection, fearing that the person would not respond in a positive manner.

Why do we seek to be indpendant from God? Stupidity?! I think we do not like to feel dependant on someone to the extent of providing for us on a daily basis. But when we talk about our 'daily bread' what do we mean. Is it food to nourish our bodies or is it food to nourish our souls? Therefore by talking to God on a daily basis, we will get both - Praise the Lord

Q3. Why do we seek to be independent of asking anyone for help? Why do we seek to be independent of God? Why should we ask God to "give" us daily bread so long as we can earn a living for ourselves?

I believe that most people like to feel secure and independent.We dont like to worry people with our needs because everybody has their own needs to care for.It is also a good feeling to be independent.

Generally most people dont consciously seek to be independent of God.Any one who does not believe in God obviously wont depend on Him.However some one who believes in God may not go to Him with mundane requests thinking that they can manage.

We should ask God for our daily bread because then we remind ourselves that we are really dependent on God for all we need,and it is He who provides whether we acknowledge it or not.The very breath of our nostrils is provided by Him,besides our talents abilities health strength favor I can go on and on .We need to be aware of this and go to to Him in humility and thanksgiving and ask for our daily bread.I believe God loves us connecting with Him and we should consider it a privilege.

Why do we seek to be indepedent of asking anyone for help?

Pride. Control issues. Selfishness. I think mostly it's just plain old sinful pride.

Why do we seek to be independent of God?

I believe this is really a faith issue. I think we lack faith in God to really take care of our problems. Not only do we think we know what's best for us, we don't have the faith required to trust Him to know better.

Why should we ask God to give us daily bread so long as we can earn a living for ourselves?

For me, it has to be to help me develop a "helpless" attitude. It will instill in me an mindset that God is sovereign and without Him....nothing. It helps me focus that He is in control and that apart from Him, I can do nothing.

Why do we seek to be independent of asking anyone for help? Why do we seek to be independent of God? Why should we ask God to "give" us daily bread so long as we can earn a living for ourselves?

Most of us have been taught to be independent and we think asking for help shows a sign of weakness. It is hard for me to ask anyone for help. I can ask God because He knows my weaknesses but asking people is harder.

We are a serve yourself people, even where God is concerned. We want to be the strong ones supporting ourselves, making our own decisions, etc. Like a child that says, " I can do it myself," that is the way we treat God so much of the time.

God gave us this model prayer and He didn't inspire these words because He didn't have anything else to do, they are for our good and by asking for our daily bread we are being obedient and also placing our trust in Him and putting aside our, I can do it myself," attitude, We are letting God get involved. The bread He has to give us is better than the bread we can earn. He says, I am able to do abundantly more for you than you can even ask or think about asking.

I believe we seek to be independant for the same reason as a number of other things in life we do....Pride and ego. We do not want to appear as weak. As if that is something to be ashamed of. There is much more strength in numbers therefore it makes much more sense to accomplish things with others.

I also think the same applies for being independant of God. Most non-believers won't or don't accept help from others they can touch and see, it is not so surprising, (yet disappointing,IMHO) independance from God is sought after.

Our daily bread should be sought from God as He is our Creator, He is our author; I know I am "preaching to the choir", but these are my opinions and my heartfelt answers; He knows what we need before we come to the realization what we need. If we were to be completely honest about our situations we would admit that the more we try on our own the more we tend to err. Does it not make much more sense to follow someone that has our best interest? Is this not what we are to impart on our children? Then why be hypocritical and not listen to our Heavenly Father?

God Bless you :D

• 2 weeks later...

Why do we seek to be independant of asking anyone for help?

It is human nature not to admit to needing help with something.

Some consider it a sign of weakness to ask for help. :angry:

Why do we seek to be independant of God?

Once again,it's our stubborn human nature.

Our pride says we don't need anyone's help much less God's. :angry:

Why should we ask God to "give" us daily bread so long as we can earn a living for ourselves?

Since God is the one who has provided us with our jobs, in a sense He is giving us our 'daily bread.'

God is interested in even the smallest details of our lives.

Asking God to provide for our daily needs helps us to develope a close, intimate relationship with Him. :)

:rolleyes: The fallen human nature is very egoistic and hence can not humble itself to seek help when in need of it. Not only physical and material needs, even seeking advice in matters of faith, profession and relationships. Sometimes we think the matter is trivial to be brought in prayer before God and that we can ourselves handle them. Even when we have enough on the table to eat, to humble ourselves to ask God to provide us our daily bread is to acknowledge that God only enabled us to have that food. Besides only God can give us the health to enjoy the food and make use the energy wisely for the kingdom of God. :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Too often pride creeps in. Ego and Will-worship takes us far away from humility. we fail to recognize that it is God who has breathed the breath of life in our nostrils. Independence or rather, self-dependence, is taught and emphasized right from a young age. When these needs are met, man now begins to rely more and more on himself than on the 'giver of all good gifts'. Total reliance on God, even for the smallest of things, or things that seem so trivial or silly, actually shows deep reliance on the only provider. Abiding comes with obedience. we do not seek from God because of fear that we might lose our independence; fear that this would entail obedience and loss of freedom keeps us from asking God. 'What is God tells me to do something that i am not comfortable with?' is a sceptics question. False Ego and pride are other reasons. Ignorance and unbelief are also reasons. Asking God to give, even when we can earn, keeps us humble. we realize that 'apart from Christ we can do nothing.' We need to continually abide in him to be able to bear fruit, be it spritual or be it physical. Asing God is acknowleding that He alone is Jehovah Jireh.

:) We do seek to be independent of asking anyone for help for reasons sometimes we don't even want to admit. Like we don't want to appear poor, giving the impression that we can manage whatever comes, not showing them our weaknesses. Same is true with God, we do seek to be independent of God, as if we can do all things without God in our lives thru our own wisdom and strength.

We should ask God to "give" us daily bread to show our dependence of Him. That apart from Him, we cannot do anything. our sustenance is dependent on Him. we should only concern ourselves for today because our tomorrows are already in His hands. Like the manna in the desert given to the Israelites, they are asked only to take food enough for them for a day, more than that it gets spoiled. God knows what we need but wants communion with us so we need to go to our Abba everyday!

Because of pride; ego; self-confidence instead of having confidence in God that He will supply all of our needs "according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. We can never do for ourselves what God can do for us, it is futile to think that we can. After all our Father is the owner of the cattle on a thousand hills (Ps. 50:10), we can't beat God giving no matter how hard we try. We should ask God to supply our daily needs because He knows what we need for the day. We may not have anything to eat but a bologna sandwich but we should thank God for it just as if it were a steak dinner with dessert. When He sees that He can trust us to thank Him for a little, He knows that He can trust us to thank Him for a lot. I'm learning that in studying the Lord's Prayer that I'm searching the Scriptures for spiritual revelation and I believe that is why Jesus gave it to us, for us to dig deep into it, to get the meat out of it. In other words it's short and sweet but it's designed for us to seek and mature in the Word of God. This is awesome, I love it!!

We seek independence for various reasons, some which are; because man can disappoint us; we don't want to burden anyone; and we don't like to feel needy. Perhaps because we don't see God and we are used to operating on our senses. We don't see Him and we sometimes forget about Him and/or are just too busy-caught up in worldly affairs. Asking God to give us our daily bread means that we realize He is the ultimate provider and we must daily remember this always giving Him thanks in everything becuase He is the author of everything and it keeps us humble in realizing that. God loves to work through the humble. satan wasn't humble, see what happened to him? God exalts the lowly and calls the exalted to fall.

Our independence is quite a modern way of thinking. We no longer live in tightknit communities and therefore don't rely on those around us or support those around us. We are raised to be independent - not interdependent-relying on and supporting others.

To be truly dependent on God is to be surrended to him - when we act independently of God we are sinning but we do so in areas not yet fully surrended.

God is the source of all good things - all that we have, all that we are comes from him (the good bits that is) :D

we don't ask for help because it might show weakness or we may feel as if someone may in turn ask us for something we feel we are not able or not willing to do we do not ask God for help because we may be afraid that our request is small or insignificant God cares about everything and everybody and even as or more importantly He is the only one truly able to help by that i mean that sometimes when we help something somewhere and some how goes wrong when God helps His help is perfect

We seek to be independent of asking anyone for help first because we are afraid of being turned down, second fear of rejection because we need help, and third we that are older were taught that God helps those who help themselves.

I think a lot of us including myself seek to be independent of God because we feel we aren't worthy of Him and His grace.

We ask God to give us daily bread so long as we can earn it because we have been taught that He helps those that help themselves.

We seek to be independent of asking help from anyone for then we would "owe" them something. And above all, we don't want to feel we have something we owe God in return for his blessings. But I have seen that most of all so many people feel not worthy enough to ask God for things. They think that because of something they thought or did they don't feel good enough to ask God. But it is all about Grace...Grace...and Grace. Noone can ask with confidence until they understand the wonder of Grace.

• 2 weeks later...

We seek to be independent about asking for help because we like to think we are running our own lives, that we know better and that no one can tell us anything that we don't already know. And when we are like that we are in fear. Fear that we might have to show some humility. We seek to be independent of God because we think that he may ask to much of us, or that his terms are to hard for us. But what it really is , is that we don't want to be obedient, we don't want to give up our fleshly desires. God wants us to not be of this world, and sometimes that is hard for us. We try to hold on to old ideas and mind sets.

God wants us to have daily bread so that we can prosper and be abundant, so we may further his kingdom.

Q3. We seek to be independent because we want to do everything ourselves and we don't want anyone to help us. We seek to be independent of God because we don't want to be dependent of God to give us our next meal. We should ask God to "give" us daily bread because he produces the wealth and food for us. Without God we wouldn't have anything.

• 3 weeks later...

Matthew Chapter 7

"Sermon on the Mount, Continued."

Matthew 7:1 "Judge not that ye be judged."

You choose the type of life that you will have by the way that you deal with others.

Matthew 7:2 "For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again."

This word judgment is better translated "criticized". The same degree that you level on others, is the yardstick that they will us use in their criticism of your actions. What ever you measure [however stingy you are] to others, is the same way they will use in their actions with you. What you give to others is what you will get back yourself.

This is God's way of doing things. If you try to take a good man down, then God will see to it that your taken down also.

Matthew 7:3 "And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?"

A "mote" is a real tiny spot of dust, and in the spiritual analogy used here, it is saying; why do you look at the very smallest sin that is in your brother's life, and you have a huge sin [beam] in your own life. This has a great deal to do with whether you have eyes to see the spiritual insight into God's word. One that has eyes to see, understands the plan of God, and will not be so critical of his brother, but will be out to help his brother.

It is human nature to overlook the sin in your own life.

Matthew 7:4 "Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, 'Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye;' and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?"

One of the greatest sins in the world is to judge someone for their sin, for that makes you the judge taking God's place, and you don't belong there. If you don't have spiritual eyes to see, there is really no way to help the other person. You must first clear your own eye, before you can help your brother.

Matthew 7:5 "Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye."

No person will except your help, until they are ready to be helped. You can caution them, and plant seeds of the Scriptures, but until that person asks you for help, and is open for your words, what you say just won't take root. Be very patient with those new converts that are in the process of learning.

Matthew 7:6 "Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you."

This is referring to Proverbs 9: 7; "He that reproveth a scorner getteth to himself shame: And he that rebuketh a wicked man getteth himself a blot."

blot - 3971 m'uwm usually muwm-

blemish, spot, defect

a) used of physical defect

B) used of moral stain

If you go out to some stiffed necked drunk, and try to give your pearls of wisdom to him, he is liable to set you back on your rear, and make your nose a blot. When you try to preach to a wicked man, he will mock you for even trying. He doesn't have any sense or knowledge concerning God's Word.

Proverbs 9:8; "Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee:" When we criticize a mocker of Scripture, he in turn, turns that scorn back on us. The purpose in God's plan is to convict and make the sinner condemn himself.; to see his own sin, and repent of those sins.

This is how it should be: Proverbs 9:9; "Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: Teach a just man, and he will increase in learning." Spend your time where it counts, and the Scriptures are ready to be received.

Proverbs 9:10; "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: And the knowledge of the holy is understanding." Applied common sense is what most of the understanding of God'sWord consists of.

Matthew 7:7 "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened ."

The subject is God's Word, and your eye being able to see, or understand what is written in that Word. This is describing how you gain wisdom, and knowing God and His plan is wisdom. You have to go to that Word, before you can seek, and the knocking is the asking for help by the right sources. It is keeping the Word in true perspective, and rightly dividing it for the message God is relating to us.

When you knock on His door, and ask Him, the Holy Spirit of God, will come in and open your eyes of understanding, and He will reveal Himself to you.

Matthew 7:8 "For everyone that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh, it shall open."

If you ask for understanding and wisdom, you will get it. The level of understanding will be at the level that God sees your ability to understand. God will give you what He wants you to have, and it is His Spirit that will allow you to see the truths. What you see, is what you will be accountable to Him for. This is a promise from God, and it comes from Proverbs 8:17; "I love them that love me; And those that seek me early shall find me."

Matthew 7:9 "Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?"

This verse can be applied in the physical sense and it is true. We can understand the love between a man and his son. However in the spiritual application, the bread is Jesus Christ, and the eternal life that Christ offers. The "stone" is the stumbling stone, that keeps the son for receiving the bread of life. A stone of stumbling could be many things that the son just could not handle, and could in the long run lead him astray. A freedom in the Lord to you, may be something that if practiced, would destroy your son.

Matthew 7:10 "Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?"

Again in the spiritual application; the fish is the the symbol for Christ and Christianity, and the serpent is the symbol for Satan.

Matthew 7:11 "If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father Which is in heaven give good things to them that ask Him?"

All mankind knows how to do good things for their children, and care for them. If you know how to take care of your own, think of how much more God will give to His own that ask Him and seek early to do His will. We must ask for wisdom. God said that if you ask, then you will receive, and this isn't foolishness that He is referring to, but the things that are necessary in your journey in life. God will Give you only what you are able to handle, and sometimes that isn't too much.

Matthew 7:12 "Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets."

Jesus is putting a summary to His sermon, He says that considering all things that you do to other people, and the way you talk to them and act around them, that is the way that they will react to you.

If a man moves into a new neighborhood, and asks the neighbor, "How are the people here?" Well the answer would be, "exactly as they were in the neighborhood that you moved from." For those neighbors were only responding to the actions and deeds of the man, and that is just as the new neighbors would. This is also what was taught from the very beginning by the law, and the prophets of old. If you were a trouble maker and selfish there, you will be the same in the new neighborhood.

If things are rough, then it is time to knock and seek the wisdom from the Lord, it will change the way you look at people, and the way that they look at you. Jesus is asking us to set our ways as is taught by the law and the prophets. The law is what governs you in the community, and around people, while the prophets instruct us in the ways of the Lord.

Matthew 7:13 "Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:"

We are talking about entering into the gate of the kingdom of God. This is an analogy of entering into a city, and at the entrance of the city the road is very wide, and the more you go into it, the narrower it becomes. Until it becomes a narrow walk at the door leading into your own home. Hopefully Christ's kingdom is your home.

However, the key is the phrase, "broad is the way. Remember Jesus said, "I am the way", the way is the path, and Jesus walked that path, and set the examples that we are to follow. Most of the examples that Jesus gave to us are just plain common sense, and it doesn't matter how wide the gate is, for the path is well marked. That path will lead right up to the door.

Jesus said in John 10:9; "I am the door: by Me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture." The term, "go in and out, and find pasture;" is an idiom used for "life in general". We are to follow Christ in all of His teaching, and we will falter in places, and that is why we must repent when we fall, and get right back on track.

Jesus tells us in Revelation 3:19; "As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. [19] Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." [20] The handle on the door of your heart, or mind is only on the inside. Only you can open that door, for Jesus will not enter your heart unless you invite him in. You open that door by repenting of all your sins in Jesus name, and turning from your sins.

Matthew 7:14 "Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that fine it."

When a Bible teacher teaches man's traditions, or the system of their church house, the path leads in another direction. In these end times this is very common, sad but true. The path that leads to our Lord Jesus Christ [the door] is narrow, but well marked by the record of His life, and that record is in our Bible. Though these righteous men are well meaning, no man can substitute a way different then is recorded in God's Word.

Matthew 7:15 "Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves."

The clothing of the modern day prophet may look very righteous, and holy, and the sound of his voice like it came direct from God; but listen to what he is saying. Is it the word of God, chapter by chapter, and verse by verse, or is it the social calendar of local social clubs and the words of the well know men in world affairs. Does what this modern day prophet say come from, and bear out what Jesus and the prophets say, or not.

Jesus is telling us that they will look like one of His sheep, and dress like they come from Christ's sheepfold, but they are wicked wolves. Many times their ministry is centered around money, or just the vanity of ruling over many people. It is called pride, and with it comes the whitewashing of the Scripture to please the flock's vanity. Sometimes it is even the pension fund that keeps the false prophet in line with false doctrine, or it could be just plain ignorance of God's Word.

How then do you know which one to follow? Follow the one that teaches wholly from the Bible, chapter by chapter, and verse by verse; line upon line, and precept upon precept. Check him out, and take notes. Use the Strong's dictionaries and verify what he says. In time you will know whether you can trust him, or not. If you can, pray for him and stand by him. There are many good churches.

Matthew 7:16 "Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?"

Jesus is now telling us how we can know them. Their fruits are the things they say and the things that they do. Does it conform to Christ's teaching.

Notice the spiritual application applied here. Today the grape is used in remembrance of Christ in the communion, while the fig is used to represent both the Kenite (bad fig), or the offspring of Cain, the son of the evil union between Satan and Eve, as well as the true tribe of Judah (good fig). The fig leaf stands for things hidden, as it did when they covered their private parts with fig aprons in the garden of Eden.

Do you know the difference? Jesus is telling us very simply, if you want an orange, then don't go to an apple tree. If you want grapes, they are not found on the thorn bush, and figs do not grow on the thistles. If you want God's truth, then you won't go to one of these ravaging wolves. If you want God's Word you go to where God's word is taught, by chapter or by subject.

Matthew 7:17 "Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit."

If the tree is corrupt, and the Word of God does not come from that tree, then you have problems. It's time to look around for another pastor the teaches the Word. The tree is an analogy for man, and the fruit is the words and actions that come from that man.

Matthew 7:18 "A good tree can not bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit."

Jesus keeps talking about trees, and this isn't the first time it is mentioned in the Bible. There were two trees in the Garden of Eden that gets our attention. One was the "Tree of life", and the other was the "tree of good and evil". Can you look at those trees and tell the difference today. Those trees were symbolic of men. The "Tree of life" was Christ, and the "tree of good and evil" being Satan. The tree of life, Christ, cannot bring forth evil fruit, if taught correctly. On the other hand, the "tree of good and evil" is Satan.

Jesus Christ is asking you, can you tell the difference in the trees? The tree of Life wasn't only for the Garden of Eden, but in Revelation 22:1; Christ the Lamb is the pure river of the water of life, clear as crystal, and proceeding from the throne of God. The tree of Life, Jesus Christ becomes our sustaining life for our soul eternally.

Friend, the false evil tree comes first, before the good tree. There is a difference between the trees, and there is also a big difference between the seed of each. The seed of the evil seed are the Kenites. Do you know who they are? Do you know how they will affect you in these latter days? We see in Matthew 24:32 that Jesus commanded us to learn the difference, for if we do not, we will be deceived. That command is direct to you?

There are seven churches mentioned in the second and third chapters of Revelation, and there were only two that Christ found no fault with. They were the church of Smyrna and the church of Philadelphia. The fruit of those two churches then should be the pattern of the church that we should follow. There was only one thing that they had in common, and that is that they knew who the Kenites were, those that called themselves Jews, but lied, and were of the synagogue of Satan. They both taught and identified the good fruit and the bad fruit [Kenites]. When a Kenite accepts Jesus Christ, they are no longer Kenites, but sons of the Living God. It is the power of God that can make that change in that man's life.

Matthew 7:19 "Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire."

Matthew 7:20 "Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them."

The only way that we can tell the man's heart is by what comes forth from the person. If one claims to be of Christ, and there is no change in His life, then serious doubt comes. If one is of Christ he will be trying to follow the path that our Lord Jesus Christ is laying down in this Sermon on the Mount. He will demonstrate the traits and character of Christ. Sure, everyone will falter, but he will pick himself up, repent and keep right on the same course. The one thing that will mark him as Christ's, is the love of Christ coming from him.

Matthew 7:21 "Not every one that saith unto Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of My Father Which is in heaven."

This is a stern warning to those that think they can play church. Many call themselves Christians, they dress right and talk right, but they are not going to heaven. It doesn't matter what you say and your actions before the public, but it takes more then that. You must do the will of God. The will of God is God's plan, and it is written in His Word, the Scriptures. What is that plan? We just read it, and are reading it. It is Jesus instruction as to what you must do.

Just going to church and uttering some words doesn't mean that you have salvation. You must do the will of God. That is where repentance comes in, for each time you fall you must repent. Paul stated we must die daily to ourselves, in I Corinthians 15:31. This is done by repentance of the sins we commit in everyday life.

Matthew 7:22 "Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Thy name? and in Thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works'.

Many ministries today are built around their fund raising, they quote Scripture to back every what they say, and even have their healing ministry. They cast out devils like the neighbor's dog, and think that every act they do is for God. They support hospitals, the sick, the poor and the widows, and they say they do all of it in our Lords Name. But they do not the will of My Father which is in heaven. They teach another gospel then the Gospel of Jesus Christ. They teach traditions, and doctrines that are not in the Scripture.

Matthew 7:23 "And then will I profess unto them, 'I never knew you: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity' ."

Jesus Christ is saying here, and you had better get this now, when there is time. If you do not follow the path that Jesus Christ is teaching you in this sermon on the mount, Jesus response to you will be, "I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity".

This is the generation that better know the difference between God's doctrine and the doctrines of demons. They both sound very good, and they both sound right and true. However, any doctrine that isn't one hundred percent backed by the Word of God is a fake. So the time is here to get down and know what is in the Scriptures.

Both Christ and the devil offer peace, and prosperity, however, only Jesus Christ can offer eternal life. The eternal life should be foremost in the doctrine. Why does Jesus not want them? They worship the traditions of Men, and their church system, and they in fact do not even teach God's letter to His children. What they do quote from the Bible is twisted to satisify their own desires.

Matthew 7:24 "Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of Mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house up a rock."

Jesus is telling each of us that if we are to be His, then we will listen to each thing that He has taught, and then go and put them into practice in our lives. Those instructions will sink into our hearts and minds, and we will be open to the Holy Spirit of God to lead us in our lives. We will strive to be like our Lord and Savior, and pattern our lives after Him. We will learn and practice the love that Christ showed to us, and give that love and kindness to our neighbor. We will learn all about the Kenites, and the laws and commandments of God. We will learn discernment of spirits and the good and bad teachers. We will learn it all; and then we will do it.

That "Rock" is Christ Himself. The victors will sing the "song of Moses" in the Millennium age as recorded in Deuteronomy 32. In verses 3, 4; "Because I will publish the name of the Lord: ascribe ye greatness unto you God. He is the Rock, His work is perfect: For all His ways are judgment: just and right is He." Those that love the Lord know the difference between the Rock Christ, and the spotted crooked rock of the devil. This generation will be tested by the little rock, the Antichrist, and many will leave Christ, and run in ignorance to the false Christ.

Matthew 7:25 "And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock."

When Christ's teachings are part of you, firm in your heart [mind], then when the floods of Satan's lies and deceptions come, and they will very soon, you will see right through them.

Matthew 7:26 "And every one that heareth these sayings of Mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:"

Many people sit in Church and under the teaching week after week, and their spiritual eyes are closed. Their mind is off on a business deal, or the meal to be served later, instead of accepting Christ's teaching. They then go about their life's work, and completely forget the path that Christ has taught us to follow, and they don't understand why God isn't blessing them. These are the ones that hear Christ's sayings, and do them not. He [she] is the foolish man [woman].

Matthew 7:27 "And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it."

The flood that will cover the entire earth is coming very soon, it is the flood of lies and deceptions that Satan, the Antichrist will bring on the entire earth, and many Christians will fall at his feet and worship him in ignorance. They will be taken by Satan because their rapture theory has taught them to do this act.

When they do this, the floods of deception will totally wash away every part of a foundation that they thought they had. For in their act of giving allegiance to the Antichrist, they will have given over to Satan any rewards and acts of righteousness they have done, as well as turned their backs on the grace that God has extended to them.

Revelation 12:6; "And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days." The woman is the "elect" of God, that are sealed in their minds [foreheads], and they are prepared for the lies, deceptions and evil wonders that is about to happen.

In Revelation 12:7 "There was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels." This war is going to be over very soon, and this war is between Satan and the fallen angels, and Michael, and God's children. The false preachers are preparing you for what is coming next. They are teaching you to meet this first Christ at his arrive in their rapture theory, and fly away with him. However, the only place that he is going is to the pit, after his five months stay [Revelation 9:5, 10].

Lets go to the Revelation 12:15; "And the serpent [satan, the Antichrist] cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood." That mighty flood that is cast forth is a flood of lies, deceptions, and supernatural wonders, that will cause all the people of the world to be swept away from their foundations that are built on the sand. Do you know the difference between the coming of the two Messiahs, and which one you will see first? You had better know for your very soul depends upon it.

Matthew 7:28 "And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at His doctrine:"

Matthew 7:29 "For He taught the as one having authority, and not as the scribes."

The statements that came out of Jesus Christ's mouth were absolute, and Christ had power and authority to present them. Jesus was filled with the Holy Spirit, which gave understanding to those listeners, and when the Word of God is understood with spiritual eyes open, that Word moves people. There was no doubt in Christ's instructions, and no clouds over what was right or wrong. The difference between the scribes teaching and Christ's teaching is the scribes taught the traditions of men that does not conform with God's Holy Word. They teach what men say, and allow the listener to pick and choose the authority that best fits their needs.

The only authority that anyone can use in their teaching is the authority that comes from the Word of God. All other speaking is tradition. When you speak and it comes from the Word of God, then you have authority.

Lets close this sermon on the mount with John 1:1-5; "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. [1] The same was in the beginning with God. [2] All things were made by Him; and without Him was not anything made that was made. [3] In Him was life; and the life was the light of men. [4] And the light shineth in the darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. [5]"

My friend, Jesus Christ is the spoken Word, and the written Word, and the darkness that comprehended Christ not is the world. When you are of Christ, that light shines in you, and when you are in the world, it just won't make any sense to you.

The Shepherds Chapel