JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

In what way does a prayer for pardon require faith? What is that faith based on? How does a person gain the faith to pray this prayer in confidence?

If you do not believe you CAN be pardoned, then it will not be real to you - even tho God will pardon us.

Faith is based on experience and a development of trust thru relationship.

A person gains faith to pray this prayer in confidence when they have had enough personal experience with the Lord's faithfulness and loving kindness. Because God loved us first, He teaches us about His love thru example. In time, we realize we can TOTALLY count on Him! Hallelujiah!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q1. In what way does a prayer for pardon require faith? What is

that faith based on? How does a person gain the faith to pray this

prayer in confidence?

In what way does a prayer for pardon require faith?

We must come before him believing we will be forgiven when we ask him for it.

What is that faith based on?

Its based on what we know of his word. :rolleyes:

How does a person gain the faith to pray this prayer in confidence?

By reading and studing his word. Then standing on it

In what ways does a prayer for pardon require faith?What is that faith based on?How does a person gain the faith topray this prayer in confidence

1.If I understand the question correctly, a prayer for pardon requires faith in trusting God who states that His mercy is everlasting , even though we are

aware of our sinful actions. God is married to the backslidder. IF God requires

us to forgive seventy times seven, will He do less!

2.Our faith is based on the INERRANT AND ETERNAL WORD OF THE LIVING GOD. Our faith is also based on the work of Christ on the cross, who from

the cross, said,"Father , forgive them for they know not what they do".

3. We can pray this prayer in confidence, for He said , "If we confess our

sin, He is willing to forgive us our sin and to cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness. Also, there is therefore no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus.

A prayer for pardon requires faith in the sinner's own knowledge of God and His charachter. Also, faith that will overcome tremendous guilt. That is sometimes the most difficult arena to have faith, is when you feel you have messed up so much, you can't even come before a Holy God; in forgiveness, or otherwise.

That faith is based on the knowledge of God's charachter, goodness, compassion, mercy, and desire to accept our humble petition for forgiveness, and extend His mercy.

By knowing God.

Prayer for pardon of our sins requires faith because we must first believe in God and His mercy and grace.Our faith is also based on John 3:16 for our salvation and forgiveness of sin.There must be a relationship with the Father.

Sin will seperate us from God.God is always there for us.God never leaves us.We are the ones who walk away from God,making wrong choises.Sin not only is sin on our part ,but sin also hursts others.Could be the people we love.Believing in God,and really being sorry for your sin,"is gain".Believing in God is our faith,so we ask God for forgiveness.We repent with our heart.Just like David did.We can pray in confidence,knowing we are truly sorry for our sin,God will forgive us.That does not mean we just keep on in sin.I believe we learn from our sins.Makes us stronger christians as we learn what sin can do,we want to stay away from the evil of Satan."Lord God ,deliever me from evil".Amen

Q1. In what way does a prayer for pardon require faith? What is that faith based on? How does a person gain the faith to pray this prayer in confidence?

A prayer for pardon requires faith that one is able to be forgiven, cleansed and pardoned by the One you are praying to. That faith is based on knowing the character of God and being confident in His mercy and lovingkindness and the promise of forgiveness in the Word. Faith is built through hearing the Word of God and studying the Bible.

Wow Pastor Ralph, your questions are testing!

If you need something then you must believe it is possible to have it. Otherwise there is no value in pursuing the goal. If you need pardon, then you must have faith that that is possible and worth pursuing. Needing pardon means that a relationship has broken down and therefore you must believe that it can be renewed. This depends on the attitude of the One offended. Therefore you must have faith that that person will be willing to renegotiate the relationship in a way that over-rides the offence. Therefore a prayer for pardon demonstrates great faith in the other party to the offence, or in righteousness as such (if the other party does not wish to reconcile but remains offended).

That faith is based on the other party actually also wanting to revive or restore the original relationship that has been broken. In David's case the offended party is Almighty God, who is known to be compassionate and full of mercy. This, however, does not lessen the horrendous nature of the sin. David's faith is based on much past experience and knowledge of God and His compassionate, forgiving nature. It is based in hope that his prayer willl be accepted. It is based in the truth about what has happened to cause the rift, and what that has cost the relationship. It is based on David's taking full responsibility for what has happened and not trying to pass it on (eg to the woman who "tempted" him. (Adam tried this is the Garden of Eden, but God said that he was responsible himself).

Only Truth can set you free.

A person can gain this faith the same way David did, by spending time getting to know God, developing that intimacy with God, applying God's word in life and seeing the results. David spent hours daily during his childhood, alone with God, singing praises to Him, appreciating Him, enjoying him. As a shepherd he probably delighted immensely in God's creation and desired relationship with the creator. He was nurtured on the stories of God's intervention with the people of Israel and he believed all he heard in his heart, acting upon it in his desire for God. He learned through trouble (the appearance of lions and bears among his flock) to depend on God's strength, and not to be frightened. He learned to get past the derision of his older brothers because his picture (assessment, self-esteem etc) of himself was not from them but from God. His picture of himself was also not based in his feelings (soul) but on the commandments and nurture of God. All this takes time. Time before the living God is the investment. It's the only way.

In what way does a prayer for pardon require faith? What is that faith based on? How does a person gain the faith to pray this prayer in confidence?

To ask to be pardoned for anything you must believe that a pardon is possible. I have faith that God is real and therefore will forgive me of my sins if I ask with a heart truly seeking forgiveness. To be able to pray this with confidence takes a personal relationship with God. I have seen him work in my life. I feel his presence throughout my daily walk.

Faith to believe that God will restore your place in His presence.

Faith is simply the belief in the characteristics of God.

By staying humble and grateful. By confessing one's sins to God.

You must believe that God is and that He will pardon if we confess because His Word says.

The faith is based on His Word and if you don't read it or be with those who preach it you don't know. Its so important to read the Word in its entirety.

You get the faith by reading the Word. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God Romans 10: 17). Then put into practice and pray in sincerety. God is so good to new believers in answering their prayers so they can see so their faith can increase. At least He did mine.

God Bless!

Jen

Numbers 6:24-26

The prayer for Pardon requires faith, because we have to believe God wants to, and will forgive us, when repentance is sincere! Our faith is based on knowing God's merciful nature. And the fact that He realizes without Him, we don't stand a chance! We gain the faith to do this boldly, by, one looking at Davids example and knowing that if God forgave him, then He will also forgive me!

Q1. In what way does a prayer for pardon require faith?

David knew God. He had a personal relationship with Him; He knew Him as a God of mercy who had the power to show favor to those who needed deliverance from the filthiness of sin. He knew that He had unfailing love, and great compassion. David

Q1. In what way does a prayer for pardon require faith? What is

that faith based on? How does a person gain the faith to pray this

prayer in confidence?

It takes faith to know that we will be forgiven when we ask for it. :)

Our relationship with God. Our belief that he will do what he says he will do. :rolleyes:

By reading and studying Gods word. :rolleyes:

In what way does a prayer of pardon require faith? What is that faith based on? how does a person gain the faith toray this prayer of confidence?

Well it is putting out uttermost faith and love for god and going to Him in faith. The faith that we have is the relationship that we have with God at the time of our salvation. Well where i get the faith is through the Word and through faith in prayer each and everyday.

I believe that you must have faith in order to pray, period. David's faith is based on his knowledge of God's character, which is love and compassion, not condemnation and unforgiveness.

The only way to gain this faith and be able to pray this prayer, is to have a personal relationship with God, spending time in his prescence, studying his word.

Q1. In what way does a prayer for pardon require faith? What is that faith based on? How does a person gain the faith to pray this prayer in confidence?

Why would one pray if he or she doesn't expect a particular outcome? If one doesn't have faith that he or she will be pardoned, then his or her prayer is in vain. This faith is based on the fact that God is merciful to those who will confess their sins to Him. I believe one way a person can gain the faith to pray this type of prayer is to have a relationship with God and get to know Him personally.

In my experience,I was raised in a church to know God.Mama took me to Mass.As I grew to know God as a child my faith was being built up.Salvation and Forgiveness was a part of my life,which my faith was based on.There are many prayers in the Bible,which is a foundation to help us learn how to pray.I am 60yrs old ,but yet I am still learning how to pray.Of course we do not want to mimic,and try to sound like David or others in the bible who prayed:We are to pray from our heart,just as David did,having faith in knowing we are forgiven,or to what we ask of God."If you ask God of anything,it shows you have "Faith"enough to believe God will intervene,and hear our prayers.

First of all, without faith it is impossible to please God. Pardon, in law, act by which an individual or class of individuals is freed from the consequences of having committed a breach of the law

If our heart is not in the right place when we ask for forgiveness, we will continue to walk the same way, until we truly humble ourselves, in mind, body soul and spirit in true pentene.

By desiring to change, to turn away as an act of our will. Father God will bring about circumstances to get your attention, which will bring us to the point of confession

In order to understand David's prayer in Psalms 51, you have to know what brought about this prayer. We have to go to The Book of (2) Samuel Chapter 11.

2 Samuel 11:1, And it came to pass, after the year was espired, at the time when kings go forth to battle, that David sent Joab, and his servants with him, and all Israel; and they destroyed the children of Ammon, and besieged Rabbah. But David tarried still at Jerusalem.

(David stayed behind, he had too much time on his hand).

(2) And it came to pass in an eventide, that David arose from off his bed, and walked upon the roof of the king's house: and from the roof he saw a woman washing herself; and the woman was very beautiful to look upon.

(3) And David sent and enquired after the woman. And one said, Is not this Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliam, the wife of Uriah the Hittite? (She was a married woman)

(4) And David sent messengers, and took her; and she came in unto him, and he lay with her; for she was purified from her uncleanness: and she returned unto her house.

(David has just committed adultrey).

(5) And the woman conceived, and sent and told David, and said, I am with child. (Uh-oh).

(6) And David sent to Joab, saying, Send me Uriah the Hittite. And Joab sent Uriah to David.

(Uriah, was Bathsheba's husband, He had gone to war with the rest of the Israelites).

(7) And when Uriah was come unto him, David demanded of him how Joab did, and how the people did, and how the war prospered.

(8) And Kavid said to Uriah, Go down to thy house, and wash thy feet. And Uriah departed out of the kings house, and there followed him a mess of meat from the king.

(David was trying to cover his tracks, he made sure Uriah had enough food for him and his wife, and he was hoping that Uriah would lay with his wife that night).

(9) But Uriah slept at the door of the king's house with all the servants of his lord, and went not down to his house.

(10) And when they had told David, saying, Uriah went not down unto his house, David said unto Uriah, Camest thou not from thy jouney? why then didst thou not go down unto thine house?

(11) And Uriah said to David, The ark, and Israel, and Judah, abide in tents; and my lord Joab, and servants of my lord, are encamped in the oopen fields; shall I then go into mine house, to eat and to drink, and to lie with my wife? as thou livest, and as thy soul liveth, I will not do this thing.

(Uriah loved God with all his heart, he didn't think it was right for him to be in a warm bed having a good time with his wife, and eating good, while (The Ark of God) was ouside in a tent, there was a war going on, Israel and Judah was living in tents, and David's servants were living out in the open field. He couldn't see himself having a good time, while this was going on.)

(12) And David said to Uriah, Tarry here to day also, and to morrow I will let thee depart. So Uriah abode in Jerusalem that day, and the morrow.

(13) And when David had called him, he did eat and drink before him; and he made him drunk: and at even he went out to lie on his bed with the servants of his lord, but went not down to his house.

(David is still trying to cover up his sin) God knows everthing, he knows what your'e thinking at all times, you can't hid anything from God.

(14) And it came to pass in the morning, that David wrote a letter to Joab, and sent it by the hand of Uriah.

(Uriah did not break the seal on the letter, why? because when the King put's his seal on something , no one was allowed to open it except the person it was written to.)

(15) And he wrote in the letter, saying, Set ye Uriah in the forefront of the hottest battle, and retire ye from him, that he may be smitten, and die. (He's going to have Uriah killed.)

(16) And it came to pass, when Joab observed the city, that he assigned Uriah unto a place where he knew that valiant men were.

(17) And the men of the city went out, and fought with Joab: and there fell some of the people of the servants of David; and Uriah the Hittie died also.

(22) And the messenger went, and came and shewed David all that Joab had sent him for.

(25) Then David said unto the messenger, Thus shalt thou say unto Joab, Let not this thing displease thee, for the sword devoureth one as well as another: make thy battle more strong against the city, and overthrow it: and encourage thou him.

(David thinks he has gotten away with sin no. 2)

(26) And when the wife of Uriah heard that Uriah her husband was dead, she mourned for her husband.

(27) And when the mourning was past, David sent and fetched her to his house, and she became his wife, and bare him a son. But the thing that David had done displeased the LORD

2 Samuel:12:1, And the LORD sent Nathan (the prophet) unto David. And he came unto him, and said unto him, There were two men in one city; the one rich, and the other poor.

(Nathan is going to tell David about a man, it will turn out to be David Himself ) God knows everthing!!!!

(2) The rich man had exceeding many flocks and herds:

(3) But the poor man (Uriah) had nothing, save one little ewe lamb,(Bethsheba) which he had bought and nourished up: and it grew up together with him, and with his children; it did eat of his own cup, and lay in his bosom, and was unto him as a doughter.

(4) And there came a traveller unto the rich man, and he spared to take of his own flock and of his own herd, to dress for the wayfaring man that was come unto him; but took the poor man's lamb, and dressed it for the man that was come to him.

(5) And David's anger was greatly kindled against the man; and he said to Nathan, As the LORD liveth, the man that hath done this thing shall surely die:

(6) And he shall restore the lamb fourfold, because he did this thing, and because he had no pity.

(7) And Nathan said to David, Thou art the man. Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, I anointed thee king over Israel, and I delivered thee out of the hand of Saul;

(8) And I gave thee thy master's wives into thy bosom, and gave thee the house of Israel and of Judah; and if that had been too little, I would morover have given unto thee such and such things.

(Whoa!, God is telling David he would have given him more than he alread had if he had asked him. Why?, Because the house of David has the key, to the door, to Christ.) Jesus woul come through the loins of David's SEED.

(9)Wherefore hast thou despised the commandment of the LORD, to evil in his sight? thou hast killed Uriah the Hittite with the sword, of the children of Ammon.

(10) Now therefore the sword shall never depart from thine house; because thou hast despised me, and hast taken the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be thy wife.

(11) Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun.

(12) For thou didst it secretly: but I will do this thing before all Israel, and before the sun.

(13)And David said unto Nathan, I have sinned against the LORD. And Nathan said unto David, The LORD also hath put away thy sin; thou shalt not die.

(14) Howbeit, because by this deed thou hast given great occasion to the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme, the child also that is born unto thee shall surely die.

(15) And Nathan departed unto his house. And the LORD struck the child that Uriah's wife bare unto David and it was very sick.

(16) David there fore besought God for the child; and David fasted, and went in, and lay all night upon the earth.

(19) But when David saw that his servants whispered, David perceived that the child was dead: therefore David said unto his servants, Is the child dead? And they said, He is dead.

(20) Then David arose from the earth, and washed, and anointed himself, and changed his apparel, and came into the house of the LORD, and worshipped: then he came to his own house; and when he required, they set bread before him, and he did eat.

David knew God was a righteous God. He knew he had sinned, and he knew that God knew how much he (David) really loved him. He fell short, just like we all do. We know he will understand, and our FAITH in him helps us to go to him, REPENT, MEAN it from our heart, and ASK for FORGIVNESS.

Our Father wants us know that the Anti-christ, is comming at the 6th trump, he is going to be sitting in Jerusalem for five months, (Revelation 5:9), pretending to be Jesus. (2Thessalonians Chapter 2:3.) We are not going to be flying away, we are going to be here when this happens. There will not be a Rapturing up into the air.

Revelation 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six (666.)

He comes at the sixth trump, the sixth vial, the sixth seal.

CHRIST IS COMMING AT THE SEVENTH TRUMP!!!!! HE is COMMING HERE!!!!

Let's continue to study God's word, everyday!! The Shepherds Chapel

hi

A prayer for pardon requires faith because it asks of God something we do not deserve. Our faith is based in the finished work of Christ on the cross and God's gracious character. We have confidence because of God's love which he pours out on us and Chist's love for us shown supremely in his sacrifice on the cross.

Jeff

:rolleyes:

We need to have faith that God is going to pardon us. He knows our transgressions but He is a merciful and a forgiving God and if we truly believe that and have faith in that, He will grant us pardon.

Knowing that God is merciful, forgiving, compassionate, abounding in love for us. He is faithful to us and He won't let us down.

Knowing that all of the things David is praying, the goodness, the greatness of God is true. We need to be bold and belive that God is who He says He is.

TRUST IN THE LORD WITH ALL OF YU HEART

A prayer of pardon requires faith as we need to believe that God is a compassionate God and have the faith that He will forgive those who go to Him seeking for forgiveness.

Faith always has an object something or someone and when we ask for pardon our faith is not in the prayer we make but on our God who we make it to.

We gain the faith in the Person we pray to.When we know God and have a relationship with Him,we will develope the faith and the confidence to pray the prayer of pardon.We also know that if we have a repentant heart God will forgive us. :(

In what way does a prayer pardon require faith? All prayer requires faith. Without faith is impossible to please God.

What is faith based on? All faith should be based on the Word. Faith is the substance of things hoped for?

How does a person gain this faith? Faith comes by hearing, hearing the Word of the Lord.