JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. In what way does a prayer for pardon require faith? What is that faith based on? How does a person gain the faith to pray this prayer in confidence?

It requires faith in the one you are praying to a belief that he will hear and answer that prayer. Faith is based on the belief that you are in sin and in need of forgiveness,by some one of a higher power than you. If you believe in God and have faith that He alone answers prayers to all those who seek Him then He will give you the confidence to pray any time you are in a downward spiral and seeking Him. As we seek God and His mercy like David then we will build a faith that gives us confidence to believe His word and believe that He is able to do all He says He can and will for those who love Him.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When a person asks for pardon that person has to believe that they have the right to ask and the faith is based on having a relationship with God and knowing He forgives sin. A person can gain the faith by accepting Christ's free gift of salvation. He died to take our place and our punishment. We just have to ask

Q1. In what way does a prayer for pardon require faith? What is that faith based on? How does a person gain the faith to pray this prayer in confidence?

We have to believe that God will do what we ask Him to. Otherwise, it's pointless to ask.

That faith is based on the Word of God! Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. Read and study the Word, and believe what we read. Ask The Spirit for wisdom and knowledge-that is, heart knowledge.

• 5 weeks later...

Q1. In what way does a prayer for pardon require faith?

It requires the belief in and faith in the finished work of Christ on the cross...in God's Word it tells us that this is the only way to be pardoned for sin.

What is that faith based on?

It's based completely on the Word of God and my faith in Him as my Lord and Savior. His Word tells me that when I confess my sins, He is faithful and just to forgive my sins and to cleanse me from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9 Faith emboldens me to ask and to receive what He freely gives. (I've learned I also must forgive myself or I deny that He has forgiven me)

How does a person gain the faith to pray this prayer in confidence?

Through entering into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ...by making Him one's Lord and Savior. Faith is the gift He gives to each of His children when we enter into convenant with Him.

Very simply, a prayer for pardon requires the faith that God can indeed pardon sin. David had great faith in the Lord, strengthened over time by his experiences.

We can today build that kind of faith by conquering cities and giants of our own, with the help of God. Through constant, or at least, regular, prayer, we build our relationship with God. When we use a mix of praise and petition, with a humble attitude, God will answer us.

A prayer of pardon requires faith. If you do not have faith how would you believe God has pardon you. Remember without faith you cannot please God. If you do not have faith you are taking God to be a liar. And God cannot lie. If you do not have faith you will think God has not pardon you and you will still be behaving as a slave not a son or a child.

The faith is based on sonship. It is based on trust. You need to trust your father God, He is a faithful father if He says He has pardon you believe He has done so otherwise Jesus death would be meaningless.

This is by loving God, If you love God, you will be bold enough to ask Him for pardon when you go wrong 'cos you cannot sin intentionally. You will be careful not to hurt the God you love.

To pray you first have faith not in yourself but in an unmeasureably compassionate God who sees his son who died for each of us and pardons us. This faith doen't come from inside or outside of us in any way or form except from the phenominal love in which only our God can do is to place Jesus as our sin who knew no sin.

R1. The most important requirement of any prayer is faith - faith in the One you are praying to. Faith also dictates thet we humbly admit our wrongdoing, recognizing our nothingness in front of a Holy, Almighty God.

This faith is based on a true and holy relationship with our God. We do not only know ABOUT Him, we know him thru the words of the scriptures and thru the many life experiences of joy and sorrow, of shortage and abundance, weakness and strenght, pain and relief. This faith is based in the belief thet ours is a just, loving, and forgiving God.

The faith to pray confidently for pardon comes to us after we surrender ourselves and our wills the will of of our God. We are sure that whatever His reply to our appeal will be for our own good.

• 3 weeks later...

Faith means that we come before a just and merciful God and when we admit our sins to Him, we already know that He is a forgiving God who won't hold our transgressions against us but will blot them out.

Our faith is based on the God we know. We know God to be a forgiving and merciful God, a |God who has loving kindness in His heart. We know Him as David did. We walk closely with Him.

We gain the faith to pray this prayer in confidence through the Holy Spirit who shows us our sins and urges us to confess them.

• 5 months later...

Aprayer for pardon has to come from the heart. There has to be a truly repentant spirit, so as we ask God it takes faith, believing that He hears us and answers.

Faith is based on the word for "faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God".

As I just mentioned , faith comes by hearing, reading the word, and understanding the written word of God. It needs to be revelation to our Spirit.

• 4 months later...

By faith the believer directly and immediately appropriates Christ as his own. Faith in its direct act makes Christ ours. It is not a work which God graciously accepts instead of perfect obedience, but is only the hand by which we take hold of the person and work of our Redeemer as the only ground of our salvation. Saving faith is a moral act, as it proceeds from a renewed will, and a renewed will is necessary to believing assent to the truth of God.

faith

inner attitude, conviction, or trust relating man to a supreme God or ultimate salvation. In religious traditions stressing divine grace, it is the inner certainty or attitude of love granted by God himself. In Christian theology, faith is the divinely inspired human response to God's historical revelation through Jesus Christ.

• 2 months later...

As Christians we must believe that the Word of God is true and never changes. Its the same today, tommorrow and forever. God is merciful and forgiving when we admit our sins to Him. A believer truly must walk by faith and must keep hearing the Word of God to remain convinced of His power. Faith equals conviction or persuation plus a correponding action. Faith helps us to carry out acts in the natural relm that bring God promises to fruition when we pray in confidence.

Patricia

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A prayer for pardon requires a belief in the word of the Bible telling us that our God is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love and faithfulness. However we first have to be truly sorry, seeking forgiveness not thinking it

will automatically be given simply because we are believers and children of God.He is waiting to offer pardon if in our hearts we are sincere.

Faith is based on what we read in our Bible, what we experience in our lives. we know of the peace that sometimes comes when we forgive others who have wronged us,and the peace we feel when we have asked God's forgiveness.

To gain the faith to pray this prayer in confidence takes time to get to know God. We cant always undo what has been done but we need time to consider and to try to make amends knowing the Lord is willing and able to wash us clean. We can start afresh

in and through Jesus with a renewed spirit. Thankyou God for your dear Son.

I think that when we are praying for forgiveness we must have faith! If we don't then how could we really believe we have been forgiven? If we don't believe and trust that God will do what He has promised, what His Word says, then why are we praying to Him? The more we know God, and come to rely on Him (regardless of the struggle) we will acquire, obtain, and grow in our faith. When we come to see our faith in works, and feel His presence in our lives, faith is like second nature!

I think that we can gain this type of faith through works. We know that God loves us and wants a relationship with us, but He wants a different type of relationship with us. He just doesn't want to have us come to him in times of need but in times of joy and happiness. When we figure out that He is not a magic man and start to really believe in the awe and magnificence of just His name....Wow! Then our faith can really grow to unbelievable heights and depths. When we can stop living for ourselves...(which is hard, believe me I know!) and start living for Him we can start to see things in a different light...Jesus' light.

• 5 months later...

Q1.

In what way does a prayer for pardon require faith?

It requires faith in the mercy of God; based on His character of grace and compassion. We receive this faith when we place our only hope of salvation in Christ Jesus. Sinners deserve nothing but punishment. But by faith in Christ, I as a lost, guilty sinner, can pray this prayer for pardon with complete confidence, knowing I will be totally cleansed from sin; made pure in His eyes. Praise the Lord!

• 2 months later...

In what way does a prayer for pardon require faith? A prayer for pardon requires faith because most of us cannot forgive ourselves for some of the sinful acts we have committed. If we being human and sinful cannot forgive ourselves, how can a Holy God forgive us? Therefore we must believe and have faith in His promise in 1 John 1:9 that "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness".

The faith is based on his character - He is just, faithful, merciful, His desire is to restore us and His love for us is from everlasting to everlasting.

Faith is gained by reading His Word and claiming His promises, and having the coonfidence that He is God and He does not lie. If He says he will do something, He will.

• 2 weeks later...

In what way does a prayer for pardon require faith?

All true praying requires faith. When we pray we are talking to someone which is God whom we can not see. The difference is faith says, I will pray or talk with God and believe that He is there listening and will ask me according to what He see is best.

Before the Old Testament was written faith was based on the Creation. A person saw it and believed that there was a Creator who made it. Today we can read the bible and our faith can have even surer grounds, because we can read what God has inspired for us to know Him. My faith is based on what God has said, and I believe it and act by it.

First believe there is a God. Next realize that this God is personal. When we believe these basic truth we can accept the idea that God also wants to communicate with us His will. A prayer for pardon happen when we recognize that we have sinned and this sin will keep us from having true life that is in direct link with a holy loving God. Thus we will want to confess and repent of all known sins.

• 5 months later...

A prayer for pardon requires faith in the mercy of God; on His character of grace and compassion. That faith is based on the knowledge we get from reading and hearing God's Word. We gain this faith through our experiences of God's gracefulness in our lives and by the results of the Holy Spirit working in us.

• 2 months later...

Any prayer requires faith -- faith that there is someone to pray to.

A prayer for pardon requires faith in the character of God -- that He will grant pardon -- that he even delights to do so, restoring a broken relationship. That faith is based on knowledge of scripture where God has pardoned others, and from personal experience if we have previously sought pardon and felt that we have received it and our relationship with God is restored.

• 2 months later...

A "Prayer for Pardon" requires faith because in such a situation, we have already acknowledged that we are guilty and are now praying for God to pardon us. To pray such a prayer, we must know God's character and be willing to submit to God's judgement. Faith is based on knowing God's character and promises and this is done by reading God's word. A person can only gain such faith by having an intimate relationship with God and a repentant heart.

• 3 weeks later...

A prayer for pardon requires faith, because a person is asking for cleansing and forgiveness. When a person prays a prayer for pardon they are asking and wanting to restore and repair that relationship which was damaged.

This faith is based on God’s mercy, or mercy from another individual.

A person gains the faith to pray this prayer in confidence, because they believe and trust in a merciful, loving, and Righteous God and Judge.

• 1 year later...

Prayer for pardon requires faith because only through faith does one really understand his sinfulness and need for forgiveness from sin. Faith is based on the assurance that God is merciful. Once we understand His mercy and desire to be in fellowship with us we can pray for pardon with confidence that He will forgive and a right relationship will be restored.

• 3 weeks later...

A prayer for pardon requires faith first to even approach God. It is based on the knowing who God is and His character. Once we have known the character and love of God we also realize our sinfulness and need for forgiveness. We need to approach God with faith that He will blot out and forgive sin.

• 1 month later...

We receive faith from the Holy Spirit, from reading the Bible, from prayer - asking for more faith like the disciples dit, and through experience by being obedient - doing Gods will so that we can see His work inourives. Once you experience Him you will have much more faith since you now physically experienced Him