JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Blessing God through Praise

Q1. In what way do our prayers of praise "bless" God? What do we mere humans have that God desires in a blessing? What are prayers like, that don't include blessing God?

Our prayers "bless" God through our fellowship with Him and our recognition of His wonderful love and majesty. God desires to have relationship with us and that we show love and adoration for Him. If we do not bless God in our prayers it is like going to our parents and continually asking for things but never developing a relationship with them or showing thankfulness or recognition of what wonderful people we think they are and how much we love them. It is selfish and must grieve God terribly.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True praise from the heart to God blesses him because he knows we truly mean it.

It is a treasure, a prized gift. It is letting him know we truly love him.

Our honesty, devotion, really giving of ourselves, opening ourselves up to be vulnerable, giving back to God the only way we as humans can.

Prayers that are self-centered, asking only for ourselves, our families, our needs, only thinking of what we need God to do for us, with out saying thank you or even please, are not really prayers, only request.

• 1 month later...

God dwells in the praises so when we priasing Him it pleases Our Lord .

Human beings where created in the image and likeness of God and before Adam sinned agaisnt God we were made to sing praises to God and bless Him

• 4 weeks later...

Our praise in prayer is our personal devotion to Him, the God of our salvation. In offering our praises to Him we are acknowledging Adonai as our life, our being, by whom we exist. This is the reason for our creation and a blessing to Yahweh when we let Him see and hear our adoration.

We have a free will, and as humans God wants us to come to Him of our own choosing. This is His desire for a relationship with Him not only as His children, but as friends.

When we pray without praising Yeshua we are selfish and insincere. How can you not honor the King who will grant your desires and still expect His favor?

• 4 weeks later...

Q1. In what way do our prayers of praise "bless" God? What do we mere humans have that God desires in a blessing? What are prayers like, that don't include blessing God?

Well in the Bible it teaches us that we are made for praising Him, so when we do that we are doing what He made us for and that makes God happy or blessed. What are prayers like that don't bless God? They are selfish prayers.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Our prayers bless God in a way that it acknowledges God's supremacy over all. We cannot praise without believing, acknowledging what we believe and loving. And in the process of our belief, faith, love and all, we just have to empower that which or whom we believed in, by and through blessings. This affirms God. This pleases Him. But praise with deeds is the most wonderful praise God wants us to do.

• 3 months later...

Q1. In what way do our prayers of praise "bless" God?

By acknowledging that He is Holy and giving thanks for the Blessings he has bestowed on us.

What do we mere humans have that God desires in a blessing?

A heart that is full of worship and praise to God.

What are prayers like, that don't include blessing God?

Prayers that only ask God to do things for us and not praising Him and giving thanks. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

In what way do our prayers of praise "bless" God? What do we mere humans have that God desires in a blessing? What are prayers like, that don't include blessing God?

Our prayers bless God through glorifying Him as the Supreme good and supplier of everything we need. We humans have the ability to show our utter dependence and trust in a thoroughly capable and loving God. In showing that in our prayers, we glorify and bless Him. If our prayers don't include this blessing of God in our heart attitude and words of trust and praise, we are treating God as an idol or Baal. He is only there to manipulate in order to get a blessing for ourselves. We are not asking because of who He is and what He desires us to have, but we are only asking in order to fulfill the lusts of the flesh.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

1). When we praised Him for who He is and give thanks with our grateful heart declaring His goodness , His Holiness, His Greatness, His Generosity, His Mighty Power, His Divine Glory & His unfailing love , we are expressing our adoration from our inner being to bless Him.

2). He desires our willingness to worship Him in an intimate relationship and freely giving ourselves before Him in total surrender so that He can use us. Our prayer reflect our delight in Him, His power and His presence. We can sing praises to extol His Name, to give thanks with all our heart, soul and spirit. To acknowledge that every good things comes from above and without Him we are nothing in His sight.

3). Selfish greed prayer concerning our own needs, family and friends. Prayer that do not bless His name shows that we are not giving honor and respect to our Almighty God who is high above all heaven and earth.

• 4 months later...

Our prayers of praise bless God because it shows HIM how much we appreciated HIM and how wonderful HE is to us. It is like our children saying thank you when a parent buys him that special gift. If that child can't say thank you, it may be a while before He gets another. Just to hear us say Thank you!

God desires our love. Prayers of praise should tell HIM and show HIM we love HIM

Prayers without praise is a Christmas list or a shopping list. A honey do list I need I need I need I want I want I want. I get tired of that from my kids I know God gets tired of it.

• 3 months later...

I think our prayers of praise "bless" God in that are we showing Him our love and acknowledging Him as our Creator and provider. God desires our love and fellowship. In praising Him, we are humbling ourselves in removing self-love and ego and acknowledging the Creator of the Universe.

Prayers that don't include blessing God are selfish prayers.

• 6 months later...

They bless God because we are doing what He created us to do give Him praise. We have a love that God has given to us to share with others and to bring to Him so they can give Him praise. He created man to give Him praise and share the love He puts in us with all mankind and in doing so give back to Him the praise and glory He alone deserves. Prayers that don't bless God are like a story that stops in the middle never coming to a conclusion. When we pray and forget to give God praise we leave out a very important part of our prayer life and often fail to recieve God's total blessing.

• 2 weeks later...

Praise is expressing out loud the honor and respect we have for God. Our praise exalts God and that we are willing to outwardly express our feelings to God.

God desires the praise of his people.

Prayers that don't include blessing God are petitions asking things of Him.

• 5 weeks later...

I think God is blessed when we come humbly to Him and praise Him sincerely, rather than always being selfish and asking about ourselves. Mere humans have a desies to love God and please Him. Prayers that don't bless God are just lists of our wants and desires.

God wants true, heartfelt praise. He knows our hearts better than we do, and He always knows what is there.

When we don't ask forgiveness before we ask for something or give praise or blessing to Him, then He won't hear us. We must be cleansed before we enter our prayer closet.

• 1 month later...

Q1. In what way do our prayers of praise "bless" God?

When we praise and worship we are doing what we were created to do! We were created to be in intimate fellowship with our Abba Father, and to enjoy Him. Praise and worship light up a portion of our brain (according to scientists who've studied this) that only lights up when we are praying, which says to me that this should be a huge place in our lives since there is a place reserved only for this purpose. Our prayers of praise acknowledge Him and reflect back to Him who He is.

Hebrews 2:12 express that when I praise, Jesus is worshipping the Father through my voice and hands. That blesses Him.

What do we mere humans have that God desires in a blessing?

The Bible says let everything that has breath praise the Lord....We have intelligence and voices and hearts that have been transformed (If we're in Christ) to express love and adoration to our Creator. When I express praise and worship I honor Him and express faith that He is there and hears me.

What are prayers like, that don't include blessing God?

They would be all about me and what I want or want Him to do for me or for others....like He's a genie to be commanded to obey my wish list. An ungrateful attitude for what He has already done. Unrepentant hearts are hardened and brittle, and displeasing to Him.

We were created to worship...God has given us freedom through worship...

As mere humans, we have the choice to worship...I believe it blesses God when we choose to worship and praise Him.

Those would be self-centered prayers and do not have God as the focus.

We 'bless' God by hallowing His name, as in the Lord's Prayer. This means that we live in His spirit, leading a Christ-like life, by loving God with all our heart, mind, spirit, and strength. Every fiber of our being, every molecule, every atom is to be dedicated to service in the Lord's name. We humans have our free-will, with which to bless God, or not. He has blessed us with the ability to choose the narrow or the wide gate. We need to make the choice, actively, and prayer-fully, to enter through that narrow gate and stay the course of righteousness. Prayers that do not include praise for God, are prayers that do not fit with what we are taught in the Bible. God wants us to recognize all that He has provided for us, it is part of our obligation in spreading the good news. Prayers that do not include praise are like the demands of spoiled children, who are focused on themselves and their immediate wants. This type of prayer is answered, of that we can be sure - though the answer may be quite different from what was asked!!

God does not eat our food or food, blessing Him is food to our God, if we do not praise God, we are starving God. God desire our praises.

Other creatures of God bless Him in their unique ways, so His own image must bless Him. He desires us to bless Him 'cos we are the image of God.

I have made a lot of blunders that I called prayers, most times I just ask, God I am so sorry. This prayer course is teaching me that whatever I have to praise and bless God, I don't even have to ask 'cos as I am praising Him other things are happening to my benefit.

My prayers should always contain praise to God for just being God of my life and I should in paticuliar offer my thanks which he accepts as blessing when I tell him how great, holy, and awesome is to me. He not only blesses me with life, breath, ability to move and function, but also for planting me firm footed as his child in charge of tending to his garden. I sing to him and feel so much closer to him, I whisper tiny loving words esp. for his pleasure and if he gave me a special blessing I didn't expect I say thank you Jesus. For it is in the praising another which makes them feel good so I know it is so much more important to our Saviour.

• 1 month later...

God requires that we praise Him and give Him all the honour and glory that is due His Name. When we praise God with a sincere heart, He is pleased. It should be so easy for the praise to come from our hearts and roll off our tongues because He has done so much for us. He is happy when we show genuine worship and gratitude.

We humans have the ability to speak, to think, to become engaged with God in communication that is a two way system. We have a spirit within us as well. So God desires that we use these gifts to tell Him how much we love Him.

When we don't bless God in our prayes, we are seeking everything for ourselves because we are selfish to give Himn the praise but we expect Him to answer all our prayers.

• 5 months later...

Without blessing God prayers are selfish, self-centred and given out of a sense of duty.

God is enthroned on the praises of His people. We can show adoration and love, we can honour and excite Him and make Him happy.

He desires surrender, openness, a heart full of thanks and amazement at who He is and without blessings in our prayers, they are empty.

• 3 months later...

Our prayers of praise "bless" God because when we do praise Him, He knows that things are OK, and He then knows we are striving to be like Him. We have Him in our lives and the ability to Praise Him. Prayers that don't include blessing God, are boring and not heart felt.