JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Blessing God through Praise

Our prayers "bless God" when they come from a willing, thankful heart. When we are acknowledging our adoration and awe of Him. We have no good thing with in our delves to bless God. But His Spirit in us, lifts us to new heights! Of awareness of Him as Lord, Creator, Provider, Healer, all of His goodness that comes to us, goes through us and comes back as a blessing to Him! Because it is not in vain! We love our Father!!

Prayers that are self focused, self centered, do not bless God, because we are failing to acknowledge that He is all we need. He is our everything!!!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In what way do our prayers of praise "bless" God? What do we mere humans have that God desires in a blessing? What are prayers like, that don't include blessing God?

I believe our prayers "bless" God when we are honest and tell God how we feel about all the great and wonderful things he has done for us. Because God created us, but also gave us free will, I think He likes to know we appreciate what he's done for us even though we cannot fully understand it. Most prayers without blessing and praising God are more likely to be self centered, more likely asking God only to do for us rather then us do for God.

Q1. Blessing God through praise. Praise takes our minds off our problems and shortcomings and focusses them on God. 2. Praise takes us from individual meditation to corporate worship. 3. Praise causes us to consider and appreciate God's character. 4. Prasie takes our perspective from the earthly to the heavenly.

When we praise the Lord in all things not just the little things it blesses God. Saten hates worship and praise.

Q1. In what way do our prayers of praise "bless" God? What do we mere humans have that God desires in a blessing? What are prayers like, that don't include blessing God?

It gives God all the glory. It says that "our generosity can touch others" so our generosity to praise God without the sense of duty can touch God. Praise and worship. Selfish and disrecpectful to God.

Q1. In what way do our prayers of praise "bless" God? What do we

mere humans have that God desires in a blessing? What are prayers

like, that don't include blessing God?

In what way do our prayers of praise "bless" God?

When we praise him it tells him how much we love him. He delights in our praise. For he alone is worth of all praise. :rolleyes:

What do we mere humans have that God desires in a blessing?

We have nothing that he didn't give us. He is our everything. All he has given us everything we should praise him for. :D

What are prayers like, that don't include blessing God?

They are selfish prayers. Selfish prayers never please God. :(

Q1. In what way do our prayers of praise "bless" God?

Prayers of praise move from an earthly focus to a heaven centered focus. Our prayers of praise point to God

Q1. In what way do our prayers of praise "bless" God? What do we mere humans have that God desires in a blessing? What are prayers like, that don't include blessing God?

Praising and honoring God is a way of blessing God. When we lift our hands in worship and total surrender, that attitude is a way of blessing God, with which He is happy. :D God is honored when we give our everything to Him in praise and adoration. When we pray to God, He wants our total attention to Him. Total means our mind, body and spirit in unison, praising Him in totality. That is blessing God.

Attitude means a lot to our Father in heaven. He looks to the attitude of our hearts when we come to Him to pray. When our tongue, mind and spirit are united in praising God, that is a perfect attitude that God desires when we bless Him, so to speak. Blessing is giving away. What do have to give to the Almighty God? Except our praises and adoraton!!! :rolleyes:

Prayers that don't include blessing God are fake prayers, uttered just with the tongue, without the involvement of the mind and spirit. They are just a blabbering of flowery language. Nothing more than that, which most hypocritical christians do. God forbid that we fall a prey to such pretentious prayers, which accomplish nothing. In fact, they don't even clear the roof under which they are uttered. Let us abstain from such frivolous activity!!! :rolleyes:

Im what ways do our prayers of praise bless God?

Well it shows God that we have a deep respect and awe of God. Our prayers of praise gets deep down into our hearts and souls so that we recieve the Holy Spirit,which pleases Our Father who is heaven. He is filled with excitement as we give worship and hallelujiah to His name.

What do we mere humans have that God desires in a blessings>Our ablity to i think shout out loud that He is the infinite One of our livves and of our hearts. We have the amazing ablilty to read His Word and especially the Psalms of David and worship in Spirit and in truth. We encourage and lift each other up in order to be blessed and we give generously and that is something that i thin k that God desires.

What are prayers like,that don't include blessing God?> I think that prayers that do not give praise and glory to God is empty and useless cause then God sees that we are not putting any heart or effort to give Him the glory and our petitions, when we do not bless God is like a person who cannot catch their breaths. We need to give more and open ourselves more :D

When we are greatful and thank Him for all His many blessings, God knows that He has our heart. When we show that we appreciate what He does for us, He honors us even more. All glory and honor belong to Him.

God wants our freewill to align up with what He has already declared for us, and wants us to freely, willingly give of ourselves, praise and worship to Him because of our love for Him.

Prayers that don't bless God are selfish prayers that are prayed only when we have a need, out of desperation, not realizing from "Whom all blessings flow." We should also praise God when someone else gets a blessing.

OUR PRAYERS SHOULD NOT BE JUST ASKING GOD ALL THE TIME FOR SOMETHING,OR FORGIVENESS.I DONT WANT TO JUST SELF CENTER MYSELF,OTHERS NEED OUR PRAYERS ALSO.WHEN I GO TO GOD IN PRAYER I TELL HIM,HOW GOOD HE IS TO ME,AND I THANK HIM FOR ANSWERING MY PRAYERS.I THANK HIM FOR KEEPING MY FAMILY SAFE.I TELL HIM I LOVE HIM AND HE IS THE CREATOR OF EVERYTHING,ENCLUDING MYSELF.I LOVE THE TREES AND THE AIR I BREATH.I HEAR THE BIRDS SING IN THE MORNING,AND FEEL THE BEAUTIFUL MORNING AIR.ALL OF THIS SHOWS ME HOW MUCH GOD LOVES ME.I FEEL GODS PEACE,AS GOD'S CREATION WAKES UP IN THE MORNING.

WHAT WE HAVE THAT GOD DESIRES IN A BLESSING IS OURSELF,OUR SPIRIT,OUR HEART.I OPEN MY MOUTH AND USE MY VOICE TO PRAISE HIM.WE POUR OUT TO HIM WITH ALL WE HAVE WITHIN US.WE RAISE OUR HANDS,WHICH SHOULD BE A WILLING RESPONCE.WE GIVE FREELY TO GOD ,BECAUSE EVERYTHING WE HAVE WAS GIVEN TO US BY GOD.GOD IS THE BEGINNING AND THE END,GOD IS ETERNAL.WE ARE NOTHING WITHOUT HIM.WITH EVERY BREATH WE TAKE,GOD HAS GIVEN US OUR PRECIOUS LIFE,WHICH IN TURN SHOULD BE USED TO GLORIFY HIM.AMEN

When we bless God, we're speaking of some aspect of His character and declaring what He has done. He desires a willing heart. Prayers that don't include blessing God are selfish.

In what ways do our prayers of praise bless God? What do we mere humans have that God desires in a blessing?What are prayers like that don't include blessing God?

1. We bless God with our prayers of praise because we fully recognize that

is the source of all blessing. We acknowledge His omnipresense, His omnipotence, and His omnicience. We realize that in Him, we MOVE, and LIVE AND have our BEING. And without Him life would not exist.

2. We have the God-given gifts, talents, and abilities to exercise in our worship and work for the Lord.

3. Prayers that don't include God are simply a religious ritual, an exercise in

'futitily resulting in no fruit for God.

1. I'm probably making an assumption that our hearts are in the right place, but; our prayer acknowledges the Allmighty God. That we can go before God without cleaning up (come as you are) to accept what he has for us. The only cleansing that is enough for God is with the blood of Christ.

2. Our heart

3. Self centered. No heart. Ceremonial, if I jump through the hoops I get the goodies.

:rolleyes:

Because we are praising Him with our hands, our hearts and our voices.

That we praise and bless freely, whole-heartedly, willingly. Showing our ability to to give, our generosity and integrity.

I think that our prayers are somewhat empty if we don't include our blessings to God. Giving praise and glory and blessing to God shows God our commitment and in turn God will show His commitment to us.

TRUST IN THE LORD WITH ALL OF YOUR HEART!

When we pray we bless God because we acknowledge Himrecognising our own sinfulness and our dependence on Him.

God desires for us humans to worship Him in spirit and in truth,He desires our obedience to His commands and that we give our lives to Himand what is so beautiful is that He desires all this from us only to have a relationship with us so He can bless us.

I do believe that they are dry selfish and manipulative.

We bless GOD as we declare to Him His Greatness, reflecting on and then openly voicing it to the heavens. First we think of GOD in the various ways that He's come to our aide. As Mighty Almighty GOD, or GOD of Peace, or LORD of Host etc. this usually starts the mind and tongue to working in sinc. I will bless the LORD at ll Times etc. We are blessing or ascribing to Him Greatness.

Our freely given acknowledgment of His Greatness, our total recognition of His Revelation to us, and our desire to wholesomely cry out in pure praise in that illumened Revelation. GOD is looking for TRUE worshipers, those who don't need a musical instrument or choir director or worship leader to get them started. It breaks out of us involuntarly.

Empty repetitious, memorized cliche' or empty platitudes. Void of true meaning only asking. Scripture encourages us to enter into His presence with praise and His courts with Thanksgiving. The Formal posture or position of approaching Royality.

In what way do our prayers of praise "bless" God?

I didnt know that there was anything we could do to bless God. Many of my prayers include a desire to treat Him well - "Lord!" I pray, "I want to know how to treat you right!" In the bible, Jesus says something about "If you love Me, you will keep My commandments." I am so thankful for what He has done for me and my family that I am thrilled to know that I can bless Him back.

What do we mere humans have that God desires in a blessing?

When we give God our hearts, our minds and our souls in prayer to Him and trust Him in His goodness and know that He knows what is best, that would be blessing to Him too. God desires us to give up our lives completely to Him.

What are prayers like, that don't include blessing God?

When we pray only for what our flesh desires, despite God's commandments. Just wanting God to give us worldy riches and not even to share with anyone else.

A. When we freely praise God, because of His greatness, His wonderful deeds/works toward us and His goodness and mercy toward us. As well as when we give freely of our substance, gifts, talents and time that we've received from Him.

B. All that we have been given by God (His very image and all that goes with that image).

C. Such prayers are like the request of ungrateful children who think that they are owed something and that they should always be on the receiving end.

Our prayers of praise "bless" God when we come before Him in worship.

God desires that we give him our heart when we pray.

Prayers that don't include blessing God are self-centered, empty and meaningless.

:lol: When we bless the Lord in our prayers, we are admitting and recommiting that HE alone is Amighty, Holy of the Holliest and wothy of all praise and worship we humanly could muster. And also for what He is to us.

God recognizes our hears filled with awe and glory and honour for Him when we bless Him for what HE is. Prayers without such an adoration, giving all the glory and honour to him and blessing Him for all He is, are like empty vessels making noise.

• 3 weeks later...

Our prayers of praise bless God because when they come from the heart we show our love for Him, and that we know that all that we have comes from Him. They let us truely experience His grace that He wants everyone to have freely.

The only thing we humans have to give God is our love and adoration. after all He has done for us and given us through Jesus sometimes I feel as if it's not enough.

Prayers without blessing God are selfish.