JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. The Prayer of Submission

Q3. (22:42) When Jesus prayed "not my will, but yours be done," was the Father pleased? Why is the Father not pleased when we are passive and uncaring and dispassionate in our prayers that his will be done? What is required for us to pray the prayer of submission with authenticity?

Yes I do believe that the Father was pleased.

The Father is not pleased with passive uncaring and dispassionate prayers.Our Father wants an active relationship with us He has given us a free will and a mind to think with and He would like us to use them and be involved.We are not asked to be puppets or slaves,but we are called the Sons of the Father and what concerns God should concern us so we cannot have a daont care attitude.we need to be excited with the things of God.

We need to understand that God is a loving God.He also knows what is best for us,we need to know that our primary purpose is to do the will of the Father.Knowing all this we should submit to His will.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus' preference was that the cup be removed.

However He surrenders to His Father's will to drink from the cup.

I believe God was pleased with this answer because Jesus accepted what God wanted Him to do.

God isn't pleased when we are passive and uncaring in our prayers that His will be done because we don't confess what our own will is.

Praying 'thy will be done' without petitioning God to do a specific thing, is a cop out.

Praying the prayer of submission with authority is to is tell God what our preference is concerning a certain matter.

After we have clearly stated our preference, we can then pray 'yet not my will but yours be done.'

Jesus knew that it was time for him to be crucified, because he was to become our PASSOVER. He knew that Satan was going to enter Judas surnamed Iscariot, in order for Judas to betray him.

He had already made arrangements for the killing of the passover lamb, (Luke 22:11) And ye shall say unto the goodman of the house, The Master saith unto thee, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples?

His disciples did as he said, (14) And when the hour was come, he sat down, and the twelve apostles with him. (15) And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you BEFORE I SUFFER. (16) For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God

(Notice they are called (apostles). They have graduated from disciples, to apostles.

Jesus tells them that this must be done in order for him to return, at the second advent. Which will take place during our generation. Those of us who are on this earth right now will witness his second comming, but there are things that must take place before he comes. He's not only talking to his apostles about praying, he's also talking to us!

(40) And when he was at the place, he said unto them, Pray that ye enter not into temptation. (He's telling us to pray, because of what's in the cup.)

(41) And he was withdrawn from them about a stone's cast, and kneeled down, and prayed,

(He was not too far from them, he was just a stone's cast away).

(42) Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine will, be done.

Jesus knew he had to be crucified, in order to defeat death, (meaning Satan), he was here to save God's children from eternal death. He had to put all of their sins on that cross with him, in order for them to have salvation. He was so hurt for God's children, because they didn't understand what was in the cup. He knew they weren't reading his Fathers word in the LAST GENERATION. He was praying that there would be another way to do this.

DO YOU KNOW WHAT IS IN THAT CUP? DO YOU KNOW THAT WHAT'S IN THAT CUP IS FOR THIS GENERATION. THE END TIMES? THE LAST GENERATION TO BE ON THIS EARTH? THAT GENERATION IS US, WE ARE THE GENERATION OF THE FIG TREE!!. WE BECAME THAT GENERATION, WHEN ISRAEL BECAME A NATION IN 1948.

If you are one of GOD'S ELECT, you don't have to worry about entering into temptation. God's Elect know what's in that cup. They have eyes to see, and ears to hear . ARE YOU ONE OF GOD'S ELECT?

All you have to do is read your Father's word, and don't listen to the TRADITIONS OF MEN. If you believe in the RAPTURE THEORY, then you need to pray to your Father, and ask him to show you the truth about this BIG LIE.

The word "Rapture" is not in the Bible. Do you know where it came from?

In the year 1830, a woman named Margaret McDonald was ill, and had dreams about the comming of Jesus, she shared this with numerous people, and they in their desperation for something exciting to add to their beliefs, took her stories, and ran away with them. Preachers during that time were no different from preachers now. They are always looking for a new way to worship, if it brings in the money, then it's a sure thing.

From the year 1830 to the year 2005, is (175) years. Man has been preaching, and teaching that false comming of Christ, and people have been eating it up, because they were too lazy to open the Bible and read for themselves, what our Father really has to say. If you would like to read about it for yourself, and recieve your Father's blessing for taking the time out to see how Satan has been deceiving God's children for so many years. Then this is the proof you need.

THE INCREDIBLE COVER-UP Exposing the Origins of Rapture Theories

Dave MacPherson Foreword by Dr. James McKeever.

Omega Publications P.O Box 4130 Medford, Oregon 97501 ISBN #0-93160-806-6

The Price is 8.99. Our Father enjoys it when his children, take the time to find out about what he said, and what he didn't say. Let's read what Jesus said in,

Matthew 26:39, And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

(40) And he cometh unto the desiciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour?

(Are you one of his disciples, are you watching, for that one hour? Did you know that, that (one hour) for us, is the five months that Satan is going to be here on earth?

SEE: Revelation 9:5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.

(Torment means to decieve). Are you gong to be taken in by Satan's lies, and believe that he is truly Jesus, when he comes and try to make you think he is here to take you away. DON'T BE DECIEVED BY HIS LIES!

Revelation 9:10 And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.

He's telling us again, be aware of Satan and his fallen angels, when they come to this earth. Did you know that Michael is the one who is going to kick him and his buddies out of heaven?

(41) Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is wiling, but the flesh is weak.

Matthew 26:42 He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.

Matthew 26:44 And he left them, and went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words.

Jesus wanted to drink from the cup himself, he knew we had been warned by "Daniel" the "prophet". Jesus warned us about Satan in,

Matthew 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

Do you understand? Do you understand that Satan, the ant-christ, the dragon, the serpent, the devil, must come first , and sit in Jerusalem pretending to be Jesus. He is going to look like Jesus, act like Jesus, talk like Jesus, but he will be nothing but a FAKE!

Jesus told us in Mark 13:14, But ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the moutains:

Want to know what Daniel was talkingabout? Read the book of Daniel, and pay attention to Nebcuchadnezzar, what he does, and how he is brought down to size. Also pay attention to the three in the burning furnace, they are a type of God's Elect. Our Father is letting us know that everything that happened in the past is, is happening again in this generation.

Have you heard that there's nothing new under the sun?

Then check out Ecclesiates 1:14, The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

Don't try to go to Jerusalem, We are going to see this on every televison station, on the internet, every means of communication that we have, Satan and his cronies are going to be on it, telling you to just believe in them, everything is going to be ok. They are going to give you anything you want, anything, you need. All you have to is worship him. Take a look at all the religions, denominations, false teachers, false preachers, and false churches, we have all over this world. All the people who don't know the real truth about him today, are going to worship him (Satan). Why? Because they have been listening to the Traditions of Men!

If you are one of God's the disiciiples, or God's Elect, who are studying with the church of (Smyrna), and the church of (Philadelphia), then you don't have to worry about the hour of temptation, (the five months). Did you know that God's Elect are going to be given the opportunity, to be delivered up before death, (Satan), to testify against him? We are not to premeditate, what we are going to say, because the Holy Spirit is going to be speaking for us just like it was on the day of Pentecost.

This is what Jesus told us in Mark, You'll understand better, if you read the whole chapter of Mark.

Mark 13:11 But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.

If you want know what happened on that day, you must read ACTS CHAPTER 2!!!

Remember what Joel the prophet said? You must read the book of (JOEL). Joel is also telling us about, the offspring of Cain, yes Cains's children, The Kenites.

iF YOU WANT TO KNOW, IF YOU ARE ONE OF GOD'S ELECT? See: The Shepherds Chapel

Q3. (22:42) When Jesus prayed "not my will, but yours be done," was the Father pleased?

The Father was pleased with Jesus because his surrender showed his unfailing trust in the Father and his great love for the Father.

Why is the Father not pleased when we are passive and uncaring and dispassionate in our prayers that his will be done?

It shows that we are not passionate about the Father's will and are not in tune with God's heart. If we truly love Him, we are passionate about what He is passionate about and dedicated to serving God and working with Him to accomplish His purposes in all areas.

What is required for us to pray the prayer of submission with authenticity? Humility, love and trusting God wholeheartedly are key to surrendering to God.

• 2 weeks later...

I am sure the Father was pleased with Jesus in how he prayed to his Father.Jesus was one on one with his Father and very much up front on how He felt.I believe that is ok to be up front with God and just tell Him how you feel inside.Yes,we want Gods will to be done, because God is the one who knows what is best when we pray.We do not know the outcome and God does.Sometimes I feel like when I pray,you know what I mean,you pray oh God,da,da,da,and then you just move on with out a thought.Thats not good.

I know I spent a lot of prayer for a situation I thought would be a bad ending.God took me and put me through some things that showed me this thing that happened,happens to a lot of people.So,I started praying for them to,I joined them in there meetings.God opened up my eyes to their struggle also.Then I turned it all over to God.I myself could not make a diffrence.It tore me down so to see how bad things could be for others also.God taught me to pray in submission.I only cared about myself and how bad I felt for a family member.When I started careing for others,which brought me to tears from my heart, and praying for them,God moved in and changed things.Pray from your heart,that is Submission with authenticity.

• 4 months later...

When we communicate with God in our prayers , we don't demand what want ; rather we discus with Him what He wants for us If we align our prayers to His will , He will listen ; and we can be certain that if He listens , He will give us a definite answer

• 4 weeks later...

When we submit ourselves to the will of the Father it is then that we are humble, broken and contrite so yes, the Father would have been pleased when the Son looked past His flesh and turned His fate into the hands of the Father.

Rote prayer is not prayer at all. It is simply one doing what is considered obligatory and is mechanical and insincere, not heard by God.

To be accepted by Yahweh our prayer must be in accordance with His will. If we don't know our bible, we cannot effectively pray as that is where He states His will. His will is that we approach Him with confidence yet humility. With certainty that He will grant our petition yet, broken and contrite. And, our prayer should always result in Adonai receiving all honor and glory.

• 3 months later...

:)

3. When Jeus prayed the prayer, "Not my will, but yours be done." I am sure the Father was well pleased.

The Father is not pleased however, when we are passive and uncaring and dispassionated in our prayers.

I believe that when we demonstate an attitude like that it is sending the message, "I don't really

care what you do concerning this prayer, just have your way." I believe that before we even go to him

in prayer, we should search the word for his will regarding our prayer request.

What is required for us to pray the prayer of submission is to, as stated above seek him first regarding

his will on the subject. We do this by searching his word. His will is his word. We may have a different

desire than what his word says on the subject and I suppose that is ok as long as the results is, his will.

Jesus may have had a different will, but in the final analysis he said and we should say, "Not my will but

your will be done." When we have done this then I believe that our prayer of submission will be

authentic. We will not have demonstarted an dispassaioned, passive and uncaring attitude; because we

would have seek his will first.

• 1 month later...

Q3.1 (22:42) When Jesus prayed "not my will, but yours be done," was the Father pleased?

Q3.2 Why is the Father not pleased when we are passive and uncaring and dispassionate in our prayers that his will be done?

Q3.3 What is required for us to pray the prayer of submission with authenticity?

A3.1 I don't know. But surely God understood Jesus then.

A3.2 God wants us to be specific in our needs. To make sure, just as Jesus made sure of His Father's will.

Then, He decides.

A3.3 Give God our preferences. Then surrender when God makes and manifests His decision.

• 2 months later...

Q3. (22:42) When Jesus prayed "not my will, but yours be done," was the Father pleased?

Yes He was, very pleased. He wants all of us to do His Will.

Why is the Father not pleased when we are passive and uncaring and dispassionate in our prayers that his will be done?

He wants us to do His Will, but to do it willingly. When we are uncaring and dispassionate about it, it

• 2 months later...
:rolleyes: Yes, the Father was very pleased when Jesus prayed,not my will but yours be done. The Father is not pleased when we are passive and uncaring in our prayers because it shows a lack of love for Him. What is required to pray a prayer of submission with authencity is a love and trust in Him that wants what He wants above all else. Sometimes we have to pray for God to give that kind of love and trust for Him. We must trust Him to do what is right and we love Him with our whole heart, mind and soul.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, the Father was very pleased because He knew and heard what was on Jesus' heart about the matter.

He's not pleased when we do not present our petitions to him, but instead cop-out to "let thy will be done."

What is required for us to pray the prayer of submission with authenticity?

We are required to present our desires before the Lord and once we have presented it all, we are to state that we are asking if it be the Father's will, let it be done.

• 3 months later...
Q3. (22:42) When Jesus prayed "not my will, but yours be done," was the Father pleased? Why is the Father not pleased when we are passive and uncaring and dispassionate in our prayers that his will be done? What is required for us to pray the prayer of submission with authenticity?

1). When Jesus prayed `Not my will, but Yours be done` , the Father will truly be pleased because He put God`s will above everything, making God first priority in His life. His surrender showed His unfailing love for His Father.

2). It shows that we are not passionate about the Father's will and are not in tune with God's heart.

3). It is required for us to be truthful in our prayers to the Father by acknowledging that He is our Saviour and without Him we can do nothing to please Him. By reading His word and communion with Him daily can draw us to know and understand more of Him. His sacrificial loves and mercy for us will empower us to do more of His will.

• 1 month later...

Yes the Father was pleased. He is always pleased when we obey. It's ok to petition God for what we want so long as we realize that God knows best and we submit to God's will. I believe with any prayer we need to be "real" with God. Be honest and open before God. He doesn't get angry if we petition Him for another way or for any thing else for that matter. But as in all things we must be willing to lay our will down and obey HIS plan.

• 3 months later...

I think God was pleased when Jesus submitted to His will as well as when we submit to His will. God is working His plan out on this planet and we are a part of it. When we resist and/or are careless about our role, this displeases God. The fate of many souls are at stake and we are a part of God's plan in saving them. The saints are a part of God's plan in spreading the Kingdon of God on this planet. We must take it seriously. We must strive to see the big picture. God knows the big picture and the importance of it. We need to do the same.

What is required is that we need to abandon our own wills to the will of God. We must pray with passion and purpose to live out God's will in our lives.

• 6 months later...

I believe that the Father must have been please, He stated at His baptism and on the mountain that He was well pleased and now Jesus is preparing to finish the work that the Father had given Him so I think He was again well please Jesus was submitting His own will to the Father. He may not be please because our prayer may sound hollow and uncaring when we do not speak our own will as part of the request. We should seek to do God's will but we also need to allow for a pure heart that seeks God in a humble manner and allow our desires to come out in our prayers and the courage to pray that our will have an effect in God's blessing for our lives.

• 3 weeks later...

I believe the Father was pleased with Jesus' prayer. He stated his own will but put God's will first and he submitted to it.

We can pray our petitions, but we should always put our will second to that of God's. If we do not, I believe it displeases God and we look like we are only concerned with our selfish desires or needs.

To pray a prayer of submission with authority we must definitely put God first. We need to state our petition but in faith turn the situation over to God. We gain faith through the reading of God's word and the application of it to our lives.

• 1 month later...

We must always believe that God is excellent, and Holy, and we should always want to please Him. Afterall, He gave so much to us and for us, that He deserves all our submission. We are, in and of ourselves, nothing, and we can do, in and of ourselves, nothing without Him. We are bound for hell. So, it is not unreasonable for God to want and expect sincerety when we pray and ask for help. It is not unreasonable for Him to expect us to want His will-not ours- when we pray. And remember-God has our best interests in His heart. He will not give us what will harm us. He wants us to have and be the best for His glory, so it is a win, win situation!

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, I believe He was. It's always a choice we can make..ours or His. Jesus honored His Father by choosing His will over His own, even though He would rather have had a different way to fulfill it.

Jesus said He'd rather we be hot or cold, rather than lukewarm (uncaring). His expressed desire is that we share His heart and mind in living life and in prayer. He desires an authentic and intimate relationship with Him, which requires honesty and real discussion...tears if necessary. We're His ambassadors on earth and are to represent Him and His viewpoint...which is always caring and compassionate.

What is required for us to pray the prayer of submission with authenticity?

That I wrestle with Him until my heart is in genuine relinquishment of my will, after letting Him know my preference and what my will is desiring.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that God was pleased when Jesus prayed 'not my will, but yours...'. As Dr Ralph states in the lesson text, we need to make our will known to God, as well as to ourselves, before we acknowledge that 'not my will, but yours be done'. In this 'requirement' God is trying to have us be sure of what our will is. Our 'free-will' is one of God's great gifts to man, He wants us to exercise this gift, however we also need to recognize the limitations, or consequences, if we fail to pair the gift of free-will with the gift of wisdom. Thus, we should not be passive or uncaring about things that we pray for, but, rather, be passionate and confident that our desires will match up with God's will.

• 4 weeks later...

The Father is always pleased when we are authentically submit to his will with humbleness and sencerity.

• 7 months later...

Yes, I believe the Father was pleased. He had seen and heard Jesus crying out to release him from this terrible hour and yet he was able to say "not my will, but yours be done."

When there is no passion or caring in our prayers we may as well speak to the brick wall. God looks on the heart and out of that knows if we mean what we say and responds accordingly. We need passion in our prayers; we need to feel the needs of others and be able to say "not my will, but yours be done."

• 1 month later...

A) I BELIEVE THE FATHER MUST HAVE BEEN PLEASED

B) HE'S NOT PLEASED WHEN WE BECOME PASSIVE BECAUSE HE HAS GIVEN US HIS WORD, HE HAS SET US THE EXAMPLEOF HOW TO PRAYAND HOW TO PETITIONTHE FATHER,IT COULD ALSO MEAN THAT WE HAVE NOT TOTALLY SURRENDERED OUR OWN WILL

C) IN ORDER TO PRAY THE PRAYER OF SUBMISSION WITH AUTHENTICITY WE HAVE TO FIRST TELL THE FATHER WHAT WE WANT, STATE OUR PREFERENCE BUT YET SURRENDING TO HIS WILL LETTING HIM KNOW WE ARE WILLINJG TO ACCEPT HIS DECISION ON THE MATTER.

• 4 months later...

Yes the Father is pleased when we pray according to His will. When we pray according to God's will we pray His will on earth as it is in Heaven.

God is not pleased with our uncaring and dispassionate prayers because its not about us or one indiviual; It about doing things that glorify His Kingdom. We must pray with compassion and conviction that Gods will be done in all our lives.

Submission to God is not easy and there will always be the temptation of returning to our own self. Even Jesus was tempted to not surrender His life to God's plan! But what happened? He resisted and the devil fled from Him. Surrending to God gives us purpose in our lives.

Surrendering to God doesn't mean living without a purpose. Instead, it means to start living with a purpose; to understand the plan of God in our lives.

Patricia