JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. The Eternal God

Q2. (Isaiah 57:15) What do you think it is like to "inhabit eternity"? What will it be like when you inhabit eternity with the Eternal God, seated with Christ Jesus in heavenly places? What emotions does this inspire in you?

What eternity will be like I cannot even imagine. We live on this earth and then we die. Since my mother just died last week, I have been meditating on this quite a bit. I know that our soul does not die with out body, yet it is hard to imagine the two as being separate. God will give our soul a new body to reside in in eternity, a body which will not die or come to an end. To sit with God and Jesus totally amazes me. I really believe that we will not be sitting at all, but constantly worshiping God and Jesus. I cannot fathom the happiness I will feel on that "day".

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q2. (Isaiah 57:15) What do you think it is like to "inhabit eternity"? What will it be like when you inhabit eternity with the Eternal God, seated with Christ Jesus in heavenly places? What emotions does this inspire in you?

On the question "What do you think it is like to "inhabit eternity"?":

My first reaction would be: a blank. I fall short of even being able to express "inhabit eternity" in my wildest fantasies. I am here on earth, bound in time. Bound by time. I really have no idea what it will be like to "inhabit eternity", except that it will be infinitely different from where/what/how I am now.

The only logical thing that I can think of is that to "inhabit eternity" is to be liberated from time. Time has no influence on me anymore then. That should make "inhabiting eternity" one loooooooong Sabbath, :-).

On the question "What will it be like when you inhabit eternity with Eternal God, seated with Jesus Christ in heavenly places? What emotions does this inspire in you?":

To be forever in the presence of the Lord is also something that I have difficulties expressing myself about. It will be wonderful, very very very wonderful. I imagine to literally be walking with God there. It will be bliss!!!!!!!

The emotions coming up when I think about this: joy, love, great expectation, happiness, a feeling of "I cannot wait till I am there". And yes, :-), I guess impatience as well. In the sense of, "I am 47 years old. I could still live till I am about 80-100 years old. Oh no, do I have to wait so long to be with my Lord in paradise", :). Well, maybe not, :), maybe my Lord comes back to get me before that time, :).

Being forever with the One Who loves me so much that He died a horrible death for me, so I CAN be with him. Being forever with the One Who created me and said, "It is very good!" Living out the purpose of my life, what I was created for, to be with God and walk with him. Forever!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To inhabit eternity, I see it as never going to die. It is something far beyond man

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure that I can stretch my mind around the concept of eternity. The thought of everlasting life is staggering if you sincerely meditate on it. I can only think of the most pleasurable things here on earth and realize that the comparison is entirely inappropriate. As scripture says: "...No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him." (1 Corinthians 2:9) I can take heart in the fact that since Jesus has already prepared a place for me, it will be beyond anything my finite, limited mind can imagine.

I think it would be peaceful. Not having to worry about time or sleep. For in eternity you will never grow faint. It will be peaceful and restful and i would be in awe of the Awesome power around me and soak up all the knowledge I can. It inspiores me to be more Christ like every day and to have God take all my steps and total control of my life.

• 4 months later...

It is beyond comprehension what it will be like to see our Saviour face to face. I think that to inhabit eternity is going to be so wonderful because it will never end and we will be in His presence. When I hear the song "I Can Only Imagine" it invokes in me a overwhelming desire to be Home and also a sense of worship.

"Surrounded by Your glory, what will my heart feel

Will I dance for You Jesus or in awe of You be still

Will I stand in Your presence or to my knees will I fall

Will I sing hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all

I can only imagine"

• 2 months later...

I think a part of inhabiting eternity will include relief, joy, love, expectation and excitement. To be in the presence of the Eternal God, seated with Christ Jesus can only be awesome, wonderous, amazing and will generate a lot of thanksgiving, praise and worship.

• 1 month later...

This is one of those things about God that I personally have to take on faith. My finite mind cannot wrap itself around the infinite. For God to

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Living eternally, without anything to worry about, with nothing to think of in as far as tomorrow is concerned. Joyfully enjoying the presence of the Almighty God, El Shaddai, Jehovah-jireh, Jehovah-Shamma. Oh! Halelujah! Praises unto Him now and forever more! I feel like jumping up and down all eternity, enjoying the everlasting daylight. Infact not daylight but rather His presence that shineth and maketh all saints looketh bright like Him!

• 4 weeks later...

I dunno. I'm having a hard time handling things in the finite sense that eternity seems like a totally abstract idea. But I like it. My sense is that I will have such joy and overwhelming awe of heaven and of God Himself that forever will seem like a day.

• 5 weeks later...

Q2. (Isaiah 57:15) What do you think it is like to "inhabit eternity"?

Joy unspeakable and full of glory.

What will it be like when you inhabit eternity with the Eternal God, seated with Christ Jesus in heavenly places?

Eternity in itself is nothing I would look forward to, as I look around this world as it is today; But

eternity with the Eternal God, seated with Christ Jesus who will rule with a rod of iron of righteousness,

there are no words to express what it would be like. I am looking forward to that day with great anticipation!

What emotions does this inspire in you?

Emotions of Thankfulness, great love, devotion, joy, peace, anticipation,

longing for, desire of finally going home :P

• 1 month later...

Isa 64:4 For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him.

1Co 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. I am not sure what all I could imagine when the word says that it could not have entered into the heart of man, what he has prepared for us.

It will be beautiful, splendid, a joy so complete, peacefulnes and full of perfet love. To be in the presence of the Almighty and His Son our Savior, and Brother.

A gratitude of unbelievableness with love for them for them both that they loved me more than I could ever have expected. One for the Almighty to send his son for our salvation and for Yahshua, to be willing to give up the glory and the abode of Heaven, and become flesh, suffer and die for us, immortal sinful man.

Isa 64:4 For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him.

1Co 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. I am not sure what all I could imagine when the word says that it could not have entered into the heart of man, what he has prepared for us.

It will be beautiful, splendid, a joy so complete, peacefulnes and full of perfet love. To be in the presence of the Almighty and His Son our Savior, and Brother.

A gratitude of unbelievableness with love for them for them both that they loved me more than I could ever have expected. One for the Almighty to send his son for our salvation and for Yahshua, to be willing to give up the glory and the abode of Heaven, and become flesh, suffer and die for us, immortal sinful man.

It is hard to comprehend what eternity is going to be like with our human minds. It is bigger than we can begin to know and understand. To think about being in eternity with my Lord and Savior, is just awesome. To know that there will be no time as we know it, no more dying, no tears of sorrow, just rejoicing, praising, singing Holy to the Lamb of Glory, around the throne of God is amazing. Our emotions will be of wonder, thankfulness, graditude, and most of all , love for what Christ did on calvary for us.

• 2 weeks later...

To inhabit eternity must mean that God inhabits a different plane than us. He cannot be physically measured as the world around us can. Perhaps He is the world around us, and all particulate matter. We won't know unless we inhabit eternity. To inhabit eternity is to inhabit heaven. Time and space will have no effect on us. To inhabit this with God is all we can ever hope for. I have not imagined what it would be like because it is probably beyond imagination, living in a world with natural laws as we do. To be there with the Eternal God and Christ Jesus invokes overjoyed emotions, the kind that make me weep for happiness.

Q2. (Isaiah 57:15) What do you think it is like to "inhabit eternity"?

It's beyond my imagining.....everything in our world has a beginnning and an end...So much of my life has been sadness, abuse and trauma that I've spent much time wanting it to end. But on my very best days, when I sense and feel the Lord's Presence, I can imagine that sense of joy, peace and awe as being what it may be like. All the best and most glorious moments, magnified then never ending. No sin, or sadness to dampen or darken. His Holiness the only light needed. Love permeating everyone. Our fallen nature's transformed into His image... to live in eternity will be more than we can imagine here, I believe.

What will it be like when you inhabit eternity with the Eternal God, seated with Christ Jesus in heavenly places?

So lovely to try to imagine....victory at last and freedom forever from the devil's evil presence and influence..His Word says "No more death, loss, or tears...forever with the One who loves me perfectly, in a perfect unspoiled environment...to finally be fulfilling my ultimate destiny is staggering to think about. Perfected, accepted, free to worship without the hindrance of the flesh or any bondages....WOW! To know Him as He is....to see Him face to face....no veil between us. Perfect intimacy.

Joy unspeakable! Excitement! Hope! Anticipation! Eagerness to be there! Gratitude that He chose me and wired me up to want to respond to His choosing me...Love for Him and thanksgiving.Ecstacy!

I perceive inhabiting eternity would be like being with God perfectly living in the moment forevermore, no ending, ever. To worship perfectly, with my whole heart. to say with a language that heaven has created to share perfectly how I feel, who He is to me and to be able to receive from GOD His perfect love for me. How can I perceive any of this really? I am so looking forward for that day. What peace this gives me . How grateful I am to GOd that one day I will live in this.

• 2 weeks later...

Well...I can only imagine that Yahweh, who inhabits eternity, desires to express this to His people to assure them that He always has been...a reassuring thought and reality.....that He will always be....a sure comfort to all who live for Him.

When I inhabit eternity with Him, I will no longer do what I do now...lead people into the kingdom and teach/disciple them. From scripture, I read that there will be other things that the Eternal One will give me to do. My emotions then? I don't know...perhaps I will be so free and healed from the typical attacks that a servant of God endures that I will be full of obvious joy all the time . Free, joyfull, and totally blessed! :D

It is truly difficult for me to imagine eternity as someties I have a hgard time imagening next week or tomorrow as we are not promised that. However to know GOD's word is true and to place emphisis on eternity is to know that there will come a time when time doesn't matter. things and I will just be in this moment that never ends.

I can't wait to be with my Jesus! But in actuality I am eternity at this moment as I have a walk with GOD and the Holy Spirit dwells with in me. Eternity begins with repentance and living for GOD and not self, from that moment on I/we/you are eternally connected to/with GOD as long as we continue to allow Him to lead and guide.

I am completely in awe to think about being face to face with Jesus, any time I am focused on His presence it is etremely vigoratinga nd uplifting to say the very least as words can't even begin to describe the emotions that come with being in the presence of Jesus.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What do you think it is like to "inhabit eternity"?

I have to make myself think beyond where my mind understands. It's hard! My first thought is that a place without time must be peaceful.

I loved how JanMary put it in her response. She said, "WOW! To know Him as He is....to see Him face to face....no veil between us. Perfect intimacy."

Oh man - I can't wait!

Anticipation. Longing.

• 3 weeks later...

I my greatest imagination I could not imagine eternity, I could only hope that my life has been such that Christ would intercede to the father for me in the time of judgment.

I am not as motivated with being in the presents of Christ which I think it the greatest thing that could happen to us, as I ma afraid of the alternative.

I am fearful to be in the present of God, true fear not the reverential fear, but fear from the aw of the terrible power of the all mighty God.

But I truth I would rather gravel at the footstep of an almighty God, than look down from the balcony in pride for the evil one.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't, even though I've tried. It's like when a mother leaves the room and her baby cries because the child has no understanding of time and thinks the mother will be gone forever. As you grow older, you understand time, yet eternity is too big for me to imagine. In eternity I will be transformed into the glory and image of God and I will only know joy, peace, love, etc . I will be elevated, in my service to God and I will never have pain or cry again. The longest any of these feelings I have that last on earth is only a few hours, perhaps? It inspires me to work more at my salvation, to put more of myself into my walk with God, to be more obedient to His commands and to continue to run the race every day because one day I will finish it.